Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What would your dream lover appreciate about you?

First the set-up: We all like to be appreciated. I think we most like to be appreciated for those things that are important in our self-image. As an example, a guy for whom being good with tools is important and cooking is not important will respond better to appreciation for fixing the dishwasher than for making a great omelet. Im sure psychologists and counselors have looked at this issue, but this is just my uneducated but not uninformed opinion. I see a least a couple of reasons for this phenomenon. One is that it tends to be uncomfortable to have contradictory or even clashing thoughts in our heads, for example Im good with tools like a man should be and Im good at cooking. Another is that I think our self-image tends to be lazy, that is it does not like to change. That is part of why as we age it is so hard to see ourselves that way. But when we are appreciated for something, we want to bask in that appreciation. To really do that however wed have to change our self-image to add this thing into it. So we are torn, either having to update our self-image which is work and somewhat uncomfortable, or else let the praise slide past us, not taking full enjoyment for it.

I think the same applies to our physical appearance as to our other talents. A pear-shaped woman might view her comparatively narrow waist as a sexy feature about her, and her comparatively wide hips as an unattractive feature. Finding a man who is mostly crazy for her wide hips is disconcerting: she wants his appreciation of her looks, but he is not appreciating something that she views as praiseworthy. Likewise a chubby woman might like that she has quite large breasts while her stomach is still almost flat, and tries not to think about her thighs. Meeting a guy who likes to emphasize the softness and roundness of her tummy, adores her thighs, and is only modestly interested in her breasts is bound to feel strange. Flipping it around, a guy who values that he is strong will feel a bit flummoxed by a woman who adores his big belly, while one sees himself as dapper and elegant may be nonplussed by compliment on his hairiness. Sometimes what we value may not even seem that extraordinary, but really matters to uswhich makes it all the harder to get it appreciated.

Finally the question: What would your dream lover appreciate about your body? What about non-physical attributes?

(attached folk, this is hypothetical, you can play along too).

Remember this is not necessarily what you think others would like about you or what you think your strongest points are, rather it is what you would like to have appreciated.

At this moment, what comes to mind for me in the physical are: my chubby parts, the muscles in my legs, my longish fingers, my ability to chug along for long distances, and my neck (my neck is 100% unremarkable, but Ive always wished that it was special). In the non-physical it would be: my flexibility and openness to new things, my enjoyment of fat, my imagination, my non-macho-ness, and my sense of duty.

So what are yours?

Regards;

-Ed
Old 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
starwater
Redhead Goddess&Newbie

starwater can now change their title

My dream lover would appreciate...

Non-physical
- my sense of humour, my impulsivity and my creativity.

Physical - my chest, my lips, my hair... and my eyes, which I always thought were kind of ordinary. It'd be nice for someone to find them special.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

oooooh this is a brilliant topic. i shall repost as soon as i come up with something souptastic to say.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

He would definitely appreciate how gd hard I work for everyone and everything...
He would also appreciate how often I think of him- and show it.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

They would appreciate my firm but femanine butt, and some other aspect of my physical appearance. If they don't like my body, they're just a friend.

They would also appreciate...my stories. My short story ideas, my monster concepts, they would enjoy hearing about the gods and goblins I make up. They would appreciate my nerdousity and literary finesse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging in

How about just accepting who I am, and why I am the way that I am.

-- Whoah, this is heavy. Hmmm, there must be something wrong with the gravitational pull. Someone remind me the check into that in the future.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

physical--whatever they choose to adore about me is fine with me, whatever tickles your pickle, ya know?

non-physical--i'd want someone who appreciates my sense of humor, my randomness, my big heart, my desire to better myself, and my complete and all encompassing dorkiness.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Blondeegrldd

Blondeegrldd can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeegrldd can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My legs, because I was teased far too much in high school for having thick legs. They're coming back with a vengeance.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

physical = face, eyes, hair, hips, neck, thighs, calves and cankles... the gazey, light-fingered brushing good spots.

non-physical = my shyness, my sensitive ways, my quirky worries that amount to almost nothing, my obscure geeky knowledge, my desire to give my all when something is worth it, and my sense of humor.

Tall order, but we'll see. I'm sure I can sucker someone into it.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
mmm12mmm
Fan BBW

mmm12mmm can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmmm12mmm can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Physical: I can not prefer this or that part of the body, I perceive all in a complex. All arranges me. Special attention I give the appearance: the man should be always smoothly бритым, have an accurate hairdress, pure boots, accurate nails and dear aroma of perfum!
Not physical: known violinist Paganini was ugly, however by all is favourite and dear, especially women! Presence of grey substance in a cranium of the man compensates External physical defects.

edx: I thank for an interesting theme!

With deep respect for interlocutors,

Max

Last edited by mmm12mmm; 01-04-2007 at 07:50 PM.
mmm12mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #11
starwater
Redhead Goddess&Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
calves and cankles..
I forgot those!

Agreed.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

edx, you're the best least appreciated poster, here. Remind me to rep you weekly, would ya?

I love this topic. Makes me feel all dreamy, which I admit isn't that common as far as relationships go.

My dream lover would appreciate and adore about me (if I could choose):

Physical: eyes, lips, big features, hair, breasts (cause I love them), thighs (because I hate them), would love my ass and belly but not more so than other parts so I don't think "is my ass good enough for Mr. Ass Man??"

Non-Physical: My work. They would love and be interested in my activism, and recognize it's the most important thing to me. They would love how hard working and dedicated I am, and how much I sacrifice. My background. My ideal lover would respect that my childhood was rough and love what I've done with my life (a childhood dream). They would trust my instincts. They would adore my deeply introspective but intuitive and emotional charged manner or speaking and thinking about the world...and ask my opinion about everything about the state of the world to the state of my best friend's love life, recognizing that I see all the little pieces together--and they love that! I suppose I'd like to be thought of as deep, witty, funny, smart. I'd like to be adored for being brilliant, yet sort of crazy. I want someone to adore me for being a very special bright, flickering light of my own color.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #13
djewell
el judeo

djewell is a member of the 500 clubdjewell is a member of the 500 clubdjewell is a member of the 500 clubdjewell is a member of the 500 clubdjewell is a member of the 500 clubdjewell is a member of the 500 club

physical: anything that floated their boat. as long as they found me physically attractive i would be enchanted by them because for some reason compliments get to me.

non-physical:my intelligence, and also the fact that i am not like other people, that i am naive but intensely fierce (whatever that means) the fact that i care sooooooo very deeply for other people and the world. and also my deepness. for some reason ive always felt very profound, and when people compliment this i am pleased.
djewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #14
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

What would MY dreamlover appreciate about me? Hmmm...ask her yourself.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #15
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Everything that doesn't need improvement. This is a dreamlover after all. Why settle for anything less?
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #16
RedHotAva

RedHotAva can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedHotAva can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Physical- I've always been roundest in the middle(which I have learned to like), but envious of pear shapes, so I love it when someone admires my ass or hips. Makes me feel pretty. I love to have my feet noticed too- they're big, but I keep them very soft and pedicured. Also love when someone appreciates the way I dress- mostly modest but still cute and preppy (I don't HAVE to let it all hang out to look good)

Non physical- my smarts, my fierce loyalty, my generosity
RedHotAva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #17
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

my honestly...my taste..

hmm...and my face...?
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:26 AM   #18
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

Generally it seems to be:

Physical: my 'exoticness'.
Non-physical: my somewhat dominant manner.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #19
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Physical: I guess my smile. Maybe my 6'4" height

Non-Physical: My sense of humor, the fact I like to make other people laugh and smile and even giggle. The fact that I try my hardest even if the results don't come out like I anticipate. That I like to be affectionate and talky.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #20
itsfine
Miss Manda

itsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesitsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesitsfine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

appreciate about my body?
Everything. I think as a whole my body is pretty awesomely porportioned. haha. Usually they fall for my eyes and smile, and then proceed to love from there.

What about non-physical attributes?
Theyd like how friendly I am. My laugh. My sarcasm. Hell, If this were my dream guy he'd love it all.

I'm bad at choosing just a few things!
itsfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

He would appreciate my enthusiasm for video games and cuddling, my need for solitude and my clinginess, my desire to be everything I can be and my need for reassurance, my intellect and my legs and boobs, my cooking and my disorganization.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #22
starwater
Redhead Goddess&Newbie

Add on... how nice my skin feels.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #23
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Smile

I've always had difficulty with compliments and I've met a guy about a year ago who compliments me a lot and though I enjoy it, I still find it difficult at times. I have always equated femininity with thinness, so therefore, being a big girl, I am not feminine. This guy, with his compliments and attention, has made me feel feminine. All of the physical attributes that I hate about myself.... hips, thighs, waist, breasts (I'm a pear).... he loves! What a feeling it is.

The non-physical? We actually have conversations.... we talk about everything. I've always felt like my thoughts and opinions are not worth listening to... a guy wouldn't care about them. This guy does. I'm an outwardly confident, independent, strong willed person.... I think this scares a lot of men. According to my mother - this is why I'm still single! I think this guy appreciates that, but I don't know that for sure.

So what would I want my dream lover to appreciate about me? The whole package. As is.
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #24
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Physical-he would appreciate my belly..every dimple, crevice, roll of it. He would spend hours discovering every freckle, devouring every inch of it. Using his lips, his fingertips and other appendages

Non physical: I want him to admire my tenacity. My stubbornness and my ability to love unconditionally. I want him to witness my caring and nurturing nature but also my ability to be so witty he'll want to pee his pants..LOL
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:35 AM   #25
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is a weird wild sweet thread that somehow demands more honesty than normal to answer it . Funny lil nichey itch of the human psyche it scratches. Go EdX-Tad!

For me it'd be (today's answers...these things change):

physical: My face, esp. because it'll always be a fat chubby face, not a miraculously thin one atop a big body like some FA-engineered Weird Science fantasy girl...heh; my small but very capable hands; my tum, my big curves, my lips, my skin, and spots like my neck or wrists that hold secrets to enormous pleasure, which means that they'd care about mine. Oh, and my voice. And my gap-toofs!

non-physical: My good intentions, my strange mercurial palate, the fact that and the way in which always and forever I'm shy and freaky, my genuine liking of learning and intellectual curiosity, how I can draw, my love of and ability with words, my ability to consistently collect the trash but lack of interest in taking it out, my own weird take on religion, my ability to embrace mine and other's contradictions and the fact that I am always as fair as I can be (to a fault, which is why wouldn't mind being liked for it). And the fact that sometimes I'm incredibly good at pool, but it's only about 13% of the time--just terrible the rest, but when I'm good I'm a rock star and I want boys to throw their panties.

Last edited by liz (di-va); 01-06-2007 at 05:50 AM.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote