Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Dinner for One

Has anyone else got a food that their S/O's and family and friends don't have the same appreciation for? My list of food I miss because I refuse to eat 'em alone since moving here:

pizza with mushrooms

hot wings

spicy fried chicken

mushrooms in general
Old 01-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love mushrooms.

I eat most foods alone coz me and my mum don't like the same thing.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I love mushrooms.
Between you and Jay and me, at least there's proof this board has good taste in food!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hmm.. My most missed food used to be mexican, but then I convinced my fiancee to go to mexican multiple times with me, and he slowly converted.
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypop View Post
Hmm.. My most missed food used to be mexican, but then I convinced my fiancee to go to mexican multiple times with me, and he slowly converted.
I will have to adopt you as a sister. Mexican is by far my fave food. Jay knows this for a fact.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Damn woman, all those things are most welcome in my house

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
Has anyone else got a food that their S/O's and family and friends don't have the same appreciation for? My list of food I miss because I refuse to eat 'em alone since moving here:

pizza with mushrooms

hot wings

spicy fried chicken

mushrooms in general
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Damn woman, all those things are most welcome in my house
YOU need to move up north. Every woman in my office is "on a diet."
Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #8
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Yeah.... Northern California is tempting...
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Every teacher in my school is counting points. I've gotten to were I just go away when they start the diet talk.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

It took me 14 years to get Wayne to go to a Sushi bar with me!!!!!!!! Good luck TSL.

And we both love mushrooms
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #11
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

My hubby is a fairly adventurous eater but he draws the line at one of my favorites...take a can of hominy (not grits..the whole kernal kind) drain it and throw in a skillet with butter, a little chopped onion, salt and pepper...mmmmm. Oh well I guess we can't share everything.
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #12
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Saefood! The boy is allergic to seafood and the other two people I regularly dine with it hate it. I could eat scallops at least twice a week.

The Cantukee Diner - I can't pay anyone to go there with me. It is a little buffet with country foods on it and they make it the way my mom did (read: badly). The steak is fried in the skillet until it is gray, the vegetables are cooked to death, the cornbread is baked up in a pan with melted Crisco...I have to stop writing about it because it is making me so hungry. They have the best fried chicken and bread anywhere and the pie...good grief. They all have an excuse for not going now, one is a vegetarian, one doesn't eat red meat and the other is watching their fat intake and is an asthmatic (it is outside the Fayette County lines so people smoke at every table)! I say it is time to make new and less picky friends.

Last edited by jamie; 01-12-2007 at 10:11 AM.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Saefood! The boy is allergic to seafood and the other two people I regularly dine with it hate it. I could eat scallops at least twice a week.

The Cantukee Diner - I can't pay anyone to go there with me. It is a little buffet with country foods on it and they make it the way my mom did (read: badly). The steak is fried in the skillet until it is gray, the vegetables are cooked to death, the cornbread is baked up in a pan with melted Crisco...I have to stop writing about it because it is making me so hungry. They have the best fried chicken and bread anywhere and the pie...good grief. They all have an excuse for not going now, one is a vegetarian, one doesn't eat red meat and the other is watching his fat intake! I say it is time to make new and less picky friends.
I wanna go! My mom still makes cornbread with melted bacon grease in the pan..LOL..and a little on top for good measure
Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Spaghetti, hubby doesn't like it, so I don't have it as often as I used when I was single (at least twice a week). He isn't real big on red sauce either, the tomatos are a little rough on his tummy.

I have succeeded in getting him to the point where he no longer considers tabasco sauce and red chili flakes to be the work of the devil and he is eating slightly spicier food, so I no longer have to make a lot of my favorite dishes so bland anymore.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #15
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i adore some nice fresh cheese tortellini, sometimes sausage, in a garlic-y cheese-y alfredo sauce that i make, it's so damn good, but no one else likes it, they all hate the alfredo sauce, they like red sauce. so i don't eat it nearly as often as i'd like!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I forgot the biggie...Pot Roast!!

My mom and my adopted mom made this all the time, and I loved the tender meat and all the little vegetables on the side and my bf *hates* it with a passion. I can't really justify making a pot roast just for me, so I never have it. His mom always teases that she will make it for us when we come down, but alas, she never carries through with it. I want some soooooo bad. The homemade kind, what they say is "pot roast" at the restaurants never really is.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
I forgot the biggie...Pot Roast!!

My mom and my adopted mom made this all the time, and I loved the tender meat and all the little vegetables on the side and my bf *hates* it with a passion. I can't really justify making a pot roast just for me, so I never have it. His mom always teases that she will make it for us when we come down, but alas, she never carries through with it. I want some soooooo bad. The homemade kind, what they say is "pot roast" at the restaurants never really is.
Jamie..get a small one and throw it in the crock pot. I live alone and justify buying a small one for me on special occasions

Just do it sister!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #18
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

In the late spring and summer when all the new fruits and vegies are plentiful I could make entire meals out of them. The man doesn't think that it's a meal if there isn't meat, or at least pasta. At least he doesn't put ketchup on my meatloaf anymore.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #19
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thai and Indian. I just can't get Mrs. Fuzzy to go with me to get a Curry.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #20
missaf

Jaime, might I suggest this recipe from Alton Brown? It's a totally avant garde way of cooking a pot roast, and my son devours this when I make it. If you haven't seen this episode of his show "A chuck for Chuck" it's really entertaining and educational!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:06 AM   #21
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

pizza with mushrooms

mushrooms in general
My BF loathes mushrooms. And I see a lot of fine ladies here love them. So, who wants to date me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #22
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Basically he refuses to eat vegetables or anything remotely interesting. So it's always dinner for one here. We cook separately because most of the time I attempt to eat healthy dinners. My boyfriend is on the "Taco, spaghetti, chicken" diet because that's all he ever consumes!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by love dubh View Post
My BF loathes mushrooms. And I see a lot of fine ladies here love them. So, who wants to date me?
You come out here and I'll make you all the hot lesbian mushroom bruschetta love you can stomach.