Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #51
prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized rep
Default yummy

I like to dip my fries in mayo,ranch dressing,or that mc chicken sauce from mcdonalds.I will also dip them in the sweet and sour sauce from mcdonalds.
prettyssbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #52
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Did anyone question this? SVS has fries on the side, when having lobster?
Ah, let me guess - when you have lobster it's a "fine dining" experience? My preference is a good ol' lobster shack. Lobster in the rough, pretty much. Beyond casual!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #53
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

The hot mustard from McDonalds.

Tabasco.

Cocktail sauce.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #54
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
No, No, No, NO, NO NO

It's not chicken fried steak if it's covered in brown gravy..COME ON..it has to be white cream gravy..made from the drippings..

Brown gravy on chicken fried steak..I could DIE..lol
If I order chicken fried steak for breakfast I expect sausage gravy, made from sausage drippings, but chicken fried steak for dinner is perfectly acceptable with brown gravy.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #55
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
If I order chicken fried steak for breakfast I expect sausage gravy, made from sausage drippings, but chicken fried steak for dinner is perfectly acceptable with brown gravy.
I'd have to agree. Brown gravy with dinner chicken fried steak is acceptable.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #56
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

chili and cheese. nuff said.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #57
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This thread is awesome! I thought I was the only one who mixed ketchup with mayo. My friends never understood me. They thought I was a culinary abomination. It's nice to know I have friends here!

I also like Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. If you can find it, it's heaven. It's almost exactly like Burger King's barbecue sauce.

Of course on potato wedges there's nothing better than a nice dark vinegar with some salt and pepper. Melted cheese is good too, but no as necessary as the vinegar.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #58
Happy FA
Loving Lovely Large Lady

Happy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized rep
Default In praise of Hellmann's

I have always enjoyed french fries with Ketchup(gotta be Heinz), but am also a total Hellmann's mayonnaise guy. I particularly love dipping the fries in the mayo but find that it is too thick to be dipped easily. So, I usually mix the Hellmann's with the Heinz to make what I know as a Russian/Thousand Islands dressing(sans the pickles/relish). I find this has all the flavor and the right texture for premium dipping. Usually I don't mix it that well so that for a change of pace in the eating I can dip in a mostly mayo or mostly ketchup section.
Happy FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #59
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonista View Post

I also like Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. If you can find it, it's heaven. It's almost exactly like Burger King's barbecue sauce.
Sweet Baby Ray's is the only bbq sauce I use! I don't use it on french fries, just meat. It never gives me heartburn and all the other bbq sauces I have tried always give me heartburn.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #60
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonista View Post
This thread is awesome! I thought I was the only one who mixed ketchup with mayo. My friends never understood me. They thought I was a culinary abomination.
The mayo mixed with ketchup is also called Russian Dressing. My dad learned it somewhere and that was how we always had tuna in our house when I was a kid - never with just plain mayo.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #61
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

I love to dip in a mix of Chik-fil-a's polynesian sauce and honey mustard sauce.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #62
clynn

clynn can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordchick View Post

I love ketchup & mayonnaise on my french fries, especially Thomy Rot Weiss.
I haven't even heard there was such a thing! You're supposed to keep me posted on these things!!
clynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #63
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just read a Jeffery Steingarten essay which he waxes poetic about potatoes (fries) deep fried in horse fat. Somehow the horse fat is the perfect frying medium, it allows for them to be come ultra crisp without a mealy interior and the fat really doesn't have any taste.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #64
clynn

Huh....I can't help but wonder what they do with the rest of the horse....BLEH
Old 01-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #65
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

He had a friend bring back horse fat from Belgium. It's not illegal in the U.S. but the essay was written 17 years ago or so.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #66
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
Just read a Jeffery Steingarten essay which he waxes poetic about potatoes (fries) deep fried in horse fat. Somehow the horse fat is the perfect frying medium, it allows for them to be come ultra crisp without a mealy interior and the fat really doesn't have any taste.
Sometimes I worry that my face will freeze in the position it ends up in when reading some posts...like this one!

We need a "wincing" face icon. I can pose for it.

(I know this is a perfectly acceptable and maybe even desirable way to cook fries, but my face has a mind of its own.)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #67
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Sometimes I worry that my face will freeze in the position it ends up in when reading some posts...like this one!

We need a "wincing" face icon. I can pose for it.

(I know this is a perfectly acceptable and maybe even desirable way to cook fries, but my face has a mind of its own.)
I KNOW!!!! This thread and the human fried meatball thread.... I swear. YUK
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #68
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*ignoring some of these posts that threaten to ruin the hungry, nummy atmosphere here...*

I love my fries crispy, and love to dip them in ketchup, sometimes ketchup and mustard mixed, and sometimes in ranch dressing.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #69
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i like to dip mine in a mix of balsamic vinegar and dijon mustaaaaard.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #70
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i like to dip mine in a mix of balsamic vinegar and dijon mustaaaaard.
That sounds SOOOO yummy.

Where did you discover that?
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #71
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynn View Post
I haven't even heard there was such a thing! You're supposed to keep me posted on these things!!
I got it in Germany, but I used it all by the time you came to visit...

At least, I left you some chocolate.

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:42 AM   #72
UberAris
Dominus Ferrum

UberAris carries a lot of weight on this boardUberAris carries a lot of weight on this boardUberAris carries a lot of weight on this boardUberAris carries a lot of weight on this boardUberAris carries a lot of weight on this boardUberAris carries a lot of weight on this board

1) Old bay
2) Nacho Cheese
3) a combo of the 2 above
4) none of the above
UberAris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #73
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFA View Post
Anyone ever had sweet potato fries? KILLER...ABSOLUTELY KILLER!!!

When made well sweet potato fries are the best!! Yum.Thank God I know a place around here to get 'em.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #74
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypop View Post
That sounds SOOOO yummy.

Where did you discover that?
haha, that's actually my favorite salad dressing as well, i made it one day when we were out of the bottled kind and have never looked back!! i don't even use olive oil, just the vinegar and mustard...and if you don't like how balsamic stains the food, you can get 'white' balsamic, it's deeeeeelish too!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #75
clynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordchick View Post
I got it in Germany, but I used it all by the time you came to visit...

At least, I left you some chocolate.

Oh yeah, ok...that's an acceptable substitution. Is this something they don't sell in the States?