Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default When someone else makes a sandwich...

...it always looks and tastes better to me than when I make the same sandwich myself.

Is that true for anyone besides me?

p.s did you see Evil Princess' tuna sandwich? A perfect case in point.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, I agree completely. I find the same thing with a hamburger... I don't love them to begin with, but when someone makes just the kind I like.... yum!!!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know what they say, the sandwich or burger is always greener etc.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
...it always looks and tastes better to me than when I make the same sandwich myself.

Is that true for anyone besides me?

p.s did you see Evil Princess' tuna sandwich? A perfect case in point.
No truer words have ever been posted.

Esp. when it comes to sliced tomatoes. Am I buying the wrong type? I'll buy a big juicy red tomato and bring it home, slice it up, put it on a sandwich and bleah.

Buy a sub at Subway, and Yum!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think that's the case in any food. I always enjoy it more when someone else cooks it
Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So by default, if I cook for any Dim'er....
Old 01-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Most regular sandwiches, I like my own (turkey, tuna, salami, cheese...) but burgers... I LOVE to get them out at a restaurant... MUCH better than I can make. A good juicy burger with ketchup and mustard and some seasoned fries.... oh, heaven......

There are some things that are just better....home-made. My grandma's meatballs and spaghetti...stuffed shells, manicotti, ravioli, lasagna... all much better home-made. My mom makes some great chicken, salmon patties...beans and greens.... ummmmm......... my mouth is watering! I feel the need to go cook!!

I guess it all depends on the food, huh??
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #8
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
So by default, if I cook for any Dim'er....
... you'll never get rid of us!!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #9
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My son recommends my sandwiches to everyone we go on picnics with -- so I end up bringing extra for everyone!

We start with a round shepherd's loaf roll, cut in half, and hollowed out a little.
Honey mustard
Provolone cheese on each side.
Romaine lettuce on the bottom
Fresh tomatoes on the top
Salami, Turkey and Roast beef layered
Red onions, cut thinly
Shaved Carrots
Red Bell Pepper
Freshly sliced dill pickles
Salt and Pepper

Ta-da!

I've never had anyone turn one down!

As for icky tomatoes at home -- I buy Roma, not the big beefsteaks -- more flavor in the smaller package
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 AM   #10
Happy FA
Loving Lovely Large Lady

Happy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized rep
Default Auto-erotic sandwiches

I beg to differ on the question of sandwiches. There is no way that a sandwich made by someone else will tickle and tittilate my palate in the way that one made by me will do so. Now, of course the laziness factor and convenience of ready made or one made by someone else is an important factor and that will often be a determining factor. But, better, no way.

As an example: One of my all time favorite sandwiches is a cold meatloaf sandwich on a hearty white bread or hero with mayonnaise(gotta be Hellmann's) on one side of the bread and Heinz ketchup on the other side. In addition, dill pickles cut along the bias(or those cheater dill pickle slices, not the little coin shaped ones, but the longer angle cut ones). Also, the meat loaf needs to be cut to the right thickness dependent on the thickness of the bread. For the weaker(structurally) white bread it's cut a bit thinner. For the thicker, heartier hero roll, it needs to be thicker. How thick is appropriate, it's an eye based thing. And, multiple pieces of thinner cut meatloaf just don't make it, for some reason having a different mouth feel. I've never met anyone who could make this sandwich for me without missing the point in some way. Of course, if you make it yourself you also happen to cut a piece or so extra of meatloaf and munch on that as you're making the sandwich.
Happy FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #11
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love to eat food prepared by other people- and that includes fast food. I prepare a hot dish for my husband every other day or so, but I rarely partake of it myself. He loves the leftovers (which I just don't eat- unless it had been prepared by someone else!), while I'll eat take out. We're both happy that way. I've been told I'm a good cook and make tasty food, but I just prefer the food that's made by someone else. Like Santaclear said, the sandwich or burger made by someone else is always greener....

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I definitely agree. And when someone makes soup with a plate of cheese and crackers when I am sick...it is like the balm of Gilead and cures whatever is ailing me.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote