Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #26
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!
Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!

LMAO @ Holy Mother of cheesy potatoes!!!

WOW Fuzzy they look soo good! Now all this dutch oven/charcoal malarkey, is it necessary, or is it just a good excuse to play with barbecue stuff? It all looks like great fun!!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #27
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

WOW those look amazing. I could see me trying to make them.. Id burn the house down
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #28
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Guy, Fuzzy, it looks like there's plenty to share, but I don't see you inviting any of us over... *pouts*

Now I'm craving cheesy-oniony-bacony potatoes flavored with bacon grease .

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #29
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

This thread is the future!

Fuzzy - I am most impressed with that... like AnnMarie, I'd appreciate a less "outdoorsy" cooking method though!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #30
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!

If there's ever any sort of Dimensions camping trip, I nominate Fuzzy as chef! Seriously Fuzzy, I'm positively drooling here. I'm not sure my dinner can compare to that!
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #31
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
If there's ever any sort of Dimensions camping trip, I nominate Fuzzy as chef! Seriously Fuzzy, I'm positively drooling here. I'm not sure my dinner can compare to that!

<squeak!> Camping? How about if there is ever a Dimensions BBQ/Cookout.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #32
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!
SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I like camping...

at the Marriott.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #33
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!out.of.habit keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
<squeak!> Camping? How about if there is ever a Dimensions BBQ/Cookout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Yeah, I like camping...

at the Marriott.
I'm with you there. I am a fan of indoor plumbing...
not to mention air conditioning and a comfy bed. lol

Okay, a cookout is more realistic. I guess if I ever get lost in the woods by some sick twist of fate, I'll hope that Fuzzy is there to cook. lol
Old 02-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #34
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!
Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I spend a good part of my summer camping, and I consider my outdoorsy cooking much more than a hobby, and more of a passion. If I do anymore step-by-step, I'll try to do it in the kitchen, but don't hold me to it... You haven't seen my Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #35
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
LMAO @ Holy Mother of cheesy potatoes!!!

WOW Fuzzy they look soo good! Now all this dutch oven/charcoal malarkey, is it necessary, or is it just a good excuse to play with barbecue stuff? It all looks like great fun!!
I call it practice. I also like the fact that while I maybe sleeping out under the stars, miles and miles (and miles and miles) from civilization.. I can have my cake and eat it too.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #36
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
I'm with you there. I am a fan of indoor plumbing...
not to mention air conditioning and a comfy bed. lol

Okay, a cookout is more realistic. I guess if I ever get lost in the woods by some sick twist of fate, I'll hope that Fuzzy is there to cook. lol
If you do get lost in the woods, don't go snackin' off a gingerbread house.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #37
liz (di-va)
nail-throwin mayhem

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.
liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
If there's ever any sort of Dimensions camping trip...
that sounds kinda fun! as long as it's not too far from perks of civilization...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #38
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If you do get lost in the woods, don't go snackin' off a gingerbread house.
lol- talk about stale gingerbread! hee hee That witch definitely wasn't a real foodie. Foodies have standards!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #39
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
that sounds kinda fun! as long as it's not too far from perks of civilization...
If we ever do that, it's gotta be in the northeast where the poisonous things aren't as plentiful, and the spiders aren't as big as my face.
I know, I'm such a pansy. (But have you seen the way Texas grows bugs?! No offense, Texas just does everything big. lol
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #40
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I'm with SVS, my idea of camping is a hotel WITH room service!! But I will say those potatoes do look great. And SVS, I am going to make those stuffed cabbage rolls and soon! They look abolutely wonderful...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #41
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both of these look fantastic!!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #42
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
I'm with SVS, my idea of camping is a hotel WITH room service!! But I will say those potatoes do look great. And SVS, I am going to make those stuffed cabbage rolls and soon! They look abolutely wonderful...
They were yummy. I have some in the freezer...I should defrost 'em!

I hope you like!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 02-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #43
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Gumbo a al Princess

Step One - Prepare the cook

Step Two- Roux

1/2 cup flour 1/2 cup oil -over medium heat stir, and stir, and stir (sip wine as you stir)

stir and stir, sip and stir

keep stirring - keep sipping

this is the color I go for, estimated time 20 minutes (dark peanut butter, creole style)

Old 02-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #44
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

Step two and 1/2 pour more wine

Step Three - dice, 2 bell peppers, 6 stalks celery, two shallots, one large onion, and three or more cloves of garlic

Keep Chopping - keep sipping

remember to turn on flash (slow down on the sipping) side note: camera now smells like garlic.

Sauté' all of the above in evoo

Old 02-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #45
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

Step 4 - Okra

In an attempt to get it less... shall we say sticky, sauté' in olive oil before adding to the pot (you can use frozen, about 1 pound)

Step 5 -

Add Okra, and Roux to the sautéed veggies

Step 6 - add chicken stock ( I cheat and use the big boxed Swanson's, two of them), and 1 14oz can of pureed' tomatos

Step 7 - Pour More Wine, slice one pound of andouilli sausage, brown, drain off grease. (remember again to use the flash) add to big pot of stuff

Old 02-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #46
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

Step 8 - Seasonings

Fresh ground pepper, salt (just a bit), thyme, bay leaves (two big or 4 small), and cayenne pepper

finely chop about 1/4 cup fresh parsley

stir everything in, and bring to a simmer over medium heat

Simmer for about 1.5 or two hours

Step 9- Peel and devein 1 pound of shrimp

shed tear that wine is gone....
Old 02-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #47
SoVerySoft
Special...

Ok, been waitin'! Where'd ya go, EP??

Is this a gumbo cliffhanger??
Old 02-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #48
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Ok, been waitin'! Where'd ya go, EP??

Is this a gumbo cliffhanger??
lol..I was thinking the same thing...with a whole bottle of wine gone....she may be asleep
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #49
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I figured she passed out on the kitchen floor.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #50
EvilPrincess
Eu amo meu Ovo

Hold on.... had to stir and sip some more!