Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Food Disappointments

This week I tried a couple of prepared foods and was sorely disappointed.

I already mentioned the California Pizza Kitchen Margherita Pizza (and its overly salty, "fishy" taste.)

Another item was Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits. Also too salty, and just nasty tasting. I really love plain Triscuits. Why mess with perfection?

What about you? any disappointments lately?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 05-02-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: This thread is a combination of three similar threads from over the years. Now all in one place!
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ryan's dad made kao paht kung (Thai fried rice). I was sort of excited to try it.

It was minute rice with chunks of steak and small shrimp, with canned mushrooms and a little soy sauce. And he didn't actually fry the rice because he didn't have the patience. I was pretty disappointed, because I won't eat anything I don't LOVE, because to me it's not worth the calories. It was okay, but expecting real kao paht kung, I was disappointed. Not worth the calories at all.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This past week I had a major craving for Cold Stone, and I got the Oreo Overload, but I had them switch the ice cream to Cake Batter.

The first few bites (yes, I chew my ice cream. I'm weird) were okay, but it was just over the top too sweet and too.. yuk.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A cheese danish at a local bakery. This place is usually consistent in the quality of their products. But the cheese danish was giugando to start. It tasted like a slightly sweetned bar of cream cheese in the middle. The pastry was just too dense and not flaky enough. It was leaden, and while I don't expect lightness when eating a danish, it could have sunk a cruise ship.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Limburger cheese. I figured it had to taste better than it smelled. It didn't.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bleh! (I haven't tried anything bad lately, just wanted to add my two cents.)
Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
This past week I had a major craving for Cold Stone, and I got the Oreo Overload, but I had them switch the ice cream to Cake Batter.

The first few bites (yes, I chew my ice cream. I'm weird) were okay, but it was just over the top too sweet and too.. yuk.
My friend bought me some ice cream at cold stone a few weeks back. That was the first time I'd ever had cold stone, and was hoping for a very creamy, custard like texture. I was disappointed. The best thing about the ice cream was the fruit I had them add.

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Most of the Cold Stone I've had was very yummy. This was a first bad for me.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

The avocados I just cut into. Rotten. Ewwwwwwww. And I so wanted avocado with salt.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Eeeeeww!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #11
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

SO disappointing, Casey. I love to take a perfectly ripe avocado, cut it in half, sprinkle a bit of salt on it, and eat it right out of the skin with a spoon. Delish!

Cold Stone's diet ice cream is puke-alicious. Truly.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Funny you should mention avocados. I too, love 'em with a sprinkle of salt or sliced on a saltine cracker.

As for YUK..we had only 1 chinese restaurant in this town that was worth anything and we went there recently (it was the last time) and all the food tasted sweet. Even the garlic chicken. And my lomein noodles were stuck together..UGGHH! Now we will have to go visit INDY to get really good chinese food.....mmmm....road trip!!
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ok, this might be mean...but my intent is not. Last week a dear friend of mine made hamburgers and invited me over and as soon as I bit into it...just eeeww! No seasoning, no marinade, NOTHING! She said she doesn't use 'that stuff' because she really likes to taste the meat. HUNH?? I love a good burger...it has to be seasoned right. Onions, green pepper, a good cheese and all of the toppings. I just didn't care for her cooking.

Needless to say, I stopped for fast food after leaving her house.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #14
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Went out to dinner to a local place I usually like - but the last couple of times I've been disappointed. Tonight? Really bad

We had just come from the movies where we ate popcorn and soft pretzels with cheese so I wasn't too hungry - I just ordered some hot wings and soup.

The wings were so bad I had to send them back. They had a thick breading and they were mushy and there was a thick tomato-y sauce poured over them. They looked disgusting and tasted as bad as they looked.

I want my wings crispy!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #15
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Went out to dinner to a local place I usually like - but the last couple of times I've been disappointed. Tonight? Really bad

We had just come from the movies where we ate popcorn and soft pretzels with cheese so I wasn't too hungry - I just ordered some hot wings and soup.

The wings were so bad I had to send them back. They had a thick breading and they were mushy and there was a thick tomato-y sauce poured over them. They looked disgusting and tasted as bad as they looked.

I want my wings crispy!
Sounds to me like they've changed chefs. I hate when that happens. IMO, that should post the name of the chef on the window so you know who's cookin'!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:02 AM   #16
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

My Sis took us out for dinner last night at a place called Palomino. It seems like when there are several people eating together one always picks badly. I unfortunately made the lemon pick this time. I had 'Lobster Ravioli - Fresh sheets of saffron pasta, langostino, bay scallop and tarragon filling, lobster cream sauce, finished with herb mascarpone'. It wasn't actually bad, it was just blah. I couldn't really taste any identifiable sea food flavor.

I wish I'd had what the niece's bf had. 'Brick Oven Baked Four Cheese Penne - Fontina, mozarella, parmesan, white cheddar, garlic bread crumbs'. Glorified mac and cheese, but glorified in the most positive meaning of the word. I'm definitely going to be trying this one at home.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #17
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Being the hotel dweller I am at the moment, I went to Albertson's to get some fruit to have in my room and I decided to get something in the deli, for dinner.I bought a couple of pieces of baked chicken(was fine) and a green salad.I LOVE GREEN SALADS..IF I DO NOT HAVE ONE EVERY DAY OR EVERY OTHER DAY I GET SAD...AND I TYPE USING ALL CAPS!!

The salad looked ok except for some almost tired looking red cabbage.I was soooooo disappointed when I tasted the thingy of drssing that came with it.It just said 'buttermilk' dressing.ACK..was horrible..like buttermilk with two flecks of black pepper in it.I had also bought some chocolate covered raisins..so...all was not bad that evening.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #18
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
My Sis took us out for dinner last night at a place called Palomino. It seems like when there are several people eating together one always picks badly. I unfortunately made the lemon pick this time. I had 'Lobster Ravioli - Fresh sheets of saffron pasta, langostino, bay scallop and tarragon filling, lobster cream sauce, finished with herb mascarpone'. It wasn't actually bad, it was just blah. I couldn't really taste any identifiable sea food flavor.

I wish I'd had what the niece's bf had. 'Brick Oven Baked Four Cheese Penne - Fontina, mozarella, parmesan, white cheddar, garlic bread crumbs'. Glorified mac and cheese, but glorified in the most positive meaning of the word. I'm definitely going to be trying this one at home.
The place in downtown Seattle? I went there a couple of times and had one good dish and one bad.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #19
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, that place. The stuffed parmesan chicken was really good too.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #20
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
Ok, this might be mean...but my intent is not. Last week a dear friend of mine made hamburgers and invited me over and as soon as I bit into it...just eeeww! No seasoning, no marinade, NOTHING! She said she doesn't use 'that stuff' because she really likes to taste the meat. HUNH?? I love a good burger...it has to be seasoned right. Onions, green pepper, a good cheese and all of the toppings. I just didn't care for her cooking.

Needless to say, I stopped for fast food after leaving her house.
That thing about tasting the meat... sorry but I agree with you... I'll say that's just lazy talk for I can't cook worth crap and I'm not creative either.

At the bare minimum beef requires salt. (McDonald's usually uses a bit of salt and pepper on the patties) Without this or perhaps a bit of dried onion flakes you are left with the bland flavor of sub-standard beef (this isn't Carpaccio folks... and even that is often served with basil, capers, and possibly olive oil) and of course all the defects in that beef. Get a bit that doesn't taste as good as the rest?... Perhaps an note of wet dog here... burned protein there?...

Sheesh. I don't blame you at all.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #21
Indy

Indy can now change their title

It's cold and snowy here and I really wanted some Campbell tomato soup. I had bought some of the new fangel kind with the pull off top and the cream suppose to be added, ICK! Tastes nothing like when you stir your own milk in, was very dissappointed.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #22
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I bought a can of lobster chowder from the grocery store, paid, like five bucks for it too, a small can about 8 oz.

I can't remember what I had with it, but I was really looking forward to it; I love lobster and the description on the label made it sound just sinfully delicious. But I was put off with the first spoonful- it tasted fishy. It should not have tasted fishy. It smelled fishy, too.

I'll never get that crap again.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #23
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

'Nough said.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #24
Santaclear
User

Yeccccchhh!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #25
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post

'Nough said.
lmao!!!! OMG that was funny!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote