Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #51
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
When I saw this nice looking can of squid in oil I had happy memories of breaded calimari, delicately scented, crisp on the outside, tender in the middle, lightly seasoned with a sprinkle of lemon juice and salt... happy days..

First mistake... I didn't notice the tentacles peeking out the end of the squids, on the picture . Second mistake... opening the can... Third mistake... breathing. A rancid whoosh of overpowering fishiness shot up my nostrils, and my head jolted back as though Mike Tyson had punched it full force. It STANK!!! I peeled back the can lid to peek in, and found not the pretty whiteish squid of the box picture, but evil looking alien pinkish-purple mottled monstrosities all laying slimily squashed together, curling hideous suckery tentacles poking out obscenely from each one, twisting this way and that. By that point I felt real fear as well as disgust, I was also light headed due to trying not to breathe. I decided that for the sake of the foodee board I HAD to try a taste. So, I thought I could take off a little bit of the main part of a squid and nibble. However, as I tried to break a piece off with my fork, it tore away from the tentacles, leaving hideous stringy saliva-like threads attaching it to some indescribably terrifying black inner sanctum part. My resolve completely dissolved as I ran screaming, back to the kitchen, poured the oil down the sink and threw the disgusting spectacle into the bin. I washed my shaking hands thoroughly, then staggered to my bedroom, opened the window wide and gulped huge lungfuls of squid-scent free air, while passers-by looked curiously up at me. Feeling somewhat less traumatised by then, I went and made myself a consolation huge bowl of rice krispies with sugar and some heavy cream and milk. I was in desperate need of that comfort food. I'm thinking of sueing for the severe distress, trauma and smell I suffered.

Photos taken before I was incapable...
omg I wish you could have seen my face as I was reading this. LOL

That is just totally and completely disgusting
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #52
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
When I saw this nice looking can of squid in oil I had happy memories of breaded calimari, delicately scented, crisp on the outside, tender in the middle, lightly seasoned with a sprinkle of lemon juice and salt... happy days..

First mistake... I didn't notice the tentacles peeking out the end of the squids, on the picture ...
I feel for you but.... bwahahhahah it's too funny.

Your first mistake was seafood + can. Some might argue canned tuna fish is good... personally I hate it, but anything more questionable than tuna in a can is inedible. (Go away sardine and anchovy freaks :-P)

But yes... the tentacles attached tend to make squid taste awful. I had squid sushi at Minado and it was good so I decided to try the purply cute baby squids they had on a nearby plate... ruined dinner... Gagiosky!

The regular ika sushi was great, though.

By the way if anyone really enjoys negative reviews that are graphic and hilarious for products, check out http://www.tobaccoreviews.com

Even if you don't smoke, some of the user reviews/comments on the worst tobaccos are worth the laugh (search by number of stars). I think there was a snack food review site that also had some funny commentary.

Last edited by cactopus; 03-07-2007 at 12:38 PM.
cactopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #53
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactopus View Post
I feel for you but.... bwahahhahah it's too funny.

Your first mistake was seafood + can. Some might argue canned tuna fish is good... personally I hate it, but anything more questionable than tuna in a can is inedible. (Go away sardine and anchovy freaks :-P)

But yes... the tentacles attached tend to make squid taste awful. I had squid sushi at Minado and it was good so I decided to try the purply cute baby squids they had on a nearby plate... ruined dinner... Gagiosky!

The regular ika sushi was great, though.

By the way if anyone really enjoys negative reviews that are graphic and hilarious for products, check out http://www.tobaccoreviews.com

Even if you don't smoke, some of the user reviews/comments on the worst tobaccos are worth the laugh (search by number of stars). I think there was a snack food review site that also had some funny commentary.
You are completely correct and LOL @ your horrible purple squid experience too, they should be banned!!

I'll have a look at this site, thanks!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #54
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
When I saw this nice looking can of squid in oil ..
Very entertaining description though
Old 03-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #55
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

First mistake... I didn't notice the tentacles peeking out the end of the squids, on the picture . Second mistake... opening the can... Third mistake... breathing. A rancid whoosh of overpowering fishiness shot up my nostrils, and my head jolted back as though Mike Tyson had punched it full force. It STANK!!! I peeled back the can lid to peek in, and found not the pretty whiteish squid of the box picture, but evil looking alien pinkish-purple mottled monstrosities all laying slimily squashed together, curling hideous suckery tentacles poking out obscenely from each one, twisting this way and that. By that point I felt real fear as well as disgust, I was also light headed due to trying not to breathe. I decided that for the sake of the foodee board I HAD to try a taste. So, I thought I could take off a little bit of the main part of a squid and nibble. However, as I tried to break a piece off with my fork, it tore away from the tentacles, leaving hideous stringy saliva-like threads attaching it to some indescribably terrifying black inner sanctum part. My resolve completely dissolved as I ran screaming, back to the kitchen, poured the oil down the sink and threw the disgusting spectacle into the bin. I washed my shaking hands thoroughly, then staggered to my bedroom, opened the window wide and gulped huge lungfuls of squid-scent free air, while passers-by looked curiously up at me. Feeling somewhat less traumatised by then, I went and made myself a consolation huge bowl of rice krispies with sugar and some heavy cream and milk. I was in desperate need of that comfort food. I'm thinking of sueing for the severe distress, trauma and smell I suffered.

looks like fetuses!!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #56
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm at work so can't post a picture. Odwalla Pomagrand Lemonade Juice

This was just yuck! I have liked everything I've tried from these guys but this was just too bitter/tart/not even a little sweet or juice tasting. Might be good mixed with vodka though...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #57
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
looks like fetuses!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #58
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Guess I should post this on the Weight Board,but I happen to know the boxes of Ding Dongs ARE wrapped in foil.. ..I agree though...the DD's(like regular popsicles) have somehow lost something over the years.
After reading that I had to go check the box, incase they had substituted another brand. They are Hostess Ding Dongs and they are not in foil they are in white plastic wrap. They do however taste like "crap".
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #59
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I had Arby's for lunch/dinner today. I haven't had Arby's in about a year. OMG was it terrible today. The roast beef had a "plastic-ie after taste". I bought my dog a small order of chicken tenders and she wouldn't eat them. They looked very dried out. She buried them in the backyard.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #60
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Homemade hamburgers. Too sweet-tasting; I seasoned them with Thai sweet chili sauce, garlic powder, soy sauce, and salt and pepper.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #61
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Guess I should post this on the Weight Board,but I happen to know the boxes of Ding Dongs ARE wrapped in foil.. ..I agree though...the DD's(like regular popsicles) have somehow lost something over the years.
I remember recently trying hostess cupcakes again. Nasty!... They are like full of salt. I never remember these being that salty. I'd love to find an original pack of Twinkies from like the 1940's or so... provided it's sealed. The original Twinkies had banana cream.

Andrew
Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #62
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I recently tried the Jello pudding cups in mocha flavor. Sounded like a good idea.

Was decidedly NOT a good idea. It was just WRONG! *gag*
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #63
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Jolly Rancher Blue Raspberry soda. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blue Pepsi (can't get it anymore) and thougth this would be a good replacement. Tastes like sugar water, little carbonation.

Also: Disgusting Kettle brand kettle chips. Every single chip was burned.

Good low calorie lunch because you'll throw the whole thing in the garbage.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #64
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Oh woman, you really make me laugh! I love your descriptions, even the disgusting ones!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #65
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

I tried sushi. I don't know what kind it was- it was on a rotating thing... so I just grabbed it, ate it, and was sad afterwards.

kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #66
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fat free soy milk, foul and has the audacity to call itself milk.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #67
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Fat free soy milk, foul and has the audacity to call itself milk.

Brenda
Along those same lines:

I love soy milk, but I always get the sweetened kind. The other day at Trader Joe's I accidentally purchased unsweetened.

Eeewwww...tastes like, well, nothing at all. It was just wrong.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:19 AM   #68
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Liver.
never again
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #69
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Food Disappointments

Have you ever seen something advertised or in the store and it looks wonderfully yummy but when you buy it, you are SOOOOOooooo disappointed?

I bought Breyers Vanilla cream Peanut Butter Swirl ice cream. It looked SO sweet and creamy and peanutbuttery but when I ate it - ugh!!! The ice cream was ... umm.. "mucky" and the PB was hard and artificially sweet! Yuck!!

What food disappointments have YOU had?
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #70
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
I bought Breyers Vanilla cream Peanut Butter Swirl ice cream.
Wow that sounds good right now.
I think I might end up being just as disappointed as you on that one.

Not that I can think of off hand.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #71
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy

ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My hubby and I are addicted to Pringles, so we were really excited to try the Pringles Select. We bought a bag of the Parmesan Garlic. YUCK!! The first one or 2 are ok...then after that the flavor kinda coats your mouth and throat like a thick coating of grease! We were very disappointed and ended up throwing the whole bag away. ~Sigh~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg select_image.jpg (11.2 KB, 289 views)
:happy:
*Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous*
ChubbyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #72
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

LOL - As much as I was disappointed in the ice cream I had - throw it away?!?!?! Perfectly "good" ice cream"!?!?! LOL! Nope - I ate it all - every yucky bite! LOL!!
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #73
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

ATTA GIRL !!!!!

Quote:
LOL - As much as I was disappointed in the ice cream I had - throw it away?!?!?! Perfectly "good" ice cream"!?!?! LOL! Nope - I ate it all - every yucky bite! LOL!!
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #74
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Two disappointing foods come to mind.

Lays SALT & VINEGAR chips. As much as I love those two items, they were not meant to be on a common potato chip. Left me with a funny aftertaste.

2nd disappointing food comes from Restaurant Faire. Particulary a French Restaurant. I had Roast Duck in a Pepper Sauce. I thought WOW Duck with a spicy pepper sauce BOO YAH COOL. Anyway it came with a brown peppercorn sauce that was neither spicy nor even delightful.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #75
Paul Delacroix

Paul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going onPaul Delacroix knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Have you ever seen something advertised or in the store and it looks wonderfully yummy but when you buy it, you are SOOOOOooooo disappointed?

I bought Breyers Vanilla cream Peanut Butter Swirl ice cream. It looked SO sweet and creamy and peanutbuttery but when I ate it - ugh!!! The ice cream was ... umm.. "mucky" and the PB was hard and artificially sweet! Yuck!!

Most supermarket ice creams are bad. I like Breyer's label, branding, logo, flavors---never tasted anything good from them.

I recommend Blue Bell Ice Cream.

http://www.bluebell.com/home.aspx

It's the best brand that isn't Haagen Das or some sort of gourmet-priced parlor stuff.

Not to be confused with Blue Bunny, which is very mediocre.
Paul Delacroix is offline   Reply With Quote