Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Steak Sauce thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Oh, and can't forget my
So of course, having said that, the logical followup is to make a steak sauce thread.

Any favorites?
Mine include:
and the Teriyaki, which (oh shit!) doesn't seem to be on the website.

If that goes the way of the original Lea & Perrin's steak sauce, I'mma be one unhappy carnivore.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

nada. I like my steak naked.

And nothing on the steak either
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is one steak house I've been to where the steak didn't need any sauce. But its probably becuase they used a spice or rub that made it just so perfect. And I usually order the porterhouse when I go there.

Otheriwse, my favorite sauces are:
1. Tabasco. I made a small puddle at the end of the plate (if there's room) and dip my cuts in that. Replenish puddle as neccesary.
2. Lea & Perrins Worcestershie sauce. Again.. a small puddle...
3. Heinz 57.
4. Bullseye Hickory Smoke
5. Ketchup. Oh Yes, and its gotta be Heinz.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Occasionally, A1 sauce, but I prefer it naked!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

I prefer mine with plain old Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

a properly cooked steak shouldnt need steak sauce. having said that, most of the time when i go out to eat, i use A1. its the best.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I have tried most of 'em and to me there is only worth using...A1. But like Fuzzy I have been to only 1 restaurant that cooks and seasons it's steaks so well that they are best eaten naked.
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
Happy FA
Loving Lovely Large Lady

Happy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized rep
Default Don't pour anything on my steak

If a steak is done properly and is of superior quality I don't want any steak sauce on it. Sometimes a bit of butter or EVOO added in the kitchen work fine, but nothing else. If it needs a sauce I might as well not eat it. I've never understood the need for steak sauces. If you love the flavor of the meat why bother. If you love the steak sauce why bother with a great steak.
Happy FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am in the camp that says no to steak sauces.A BBQ sauce on a rib is fine, but I love the taste of steak.I do like a little horesradish on the side.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #10
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

i like to drown mine in copious amounts of A1. like, if the steak were breathing when it got to me, it would asphyxiate within about 30 seconds from all the A1 i put on it. marinate the damn thing.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
i like to drown mine in copious amounts of A1. like, if the steak were breathing when it got to me, it would asphyxiate within about 30 seconds from all the A1 i put on it. marinate the damn thing.
I am going to make you dinner...

*looks through the closet for those old shoes I have been meaning to toss*

Old 01-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #12
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I am going to make you dinner...

*looks through the closet for those old shoes I have been meaning to toss*

I might not notice the difference. You'd have to find some way to make the shoes bleed though, I always take it rare.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
mossystate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
I might not notice the difference. You'd have to find some way to make the shoes bleed though, I always take it rare.

That was the point...heh...

and

hmmmm

*looks for the tube of fake blood I shoved in my junk drawer two Halloweens back*
Old 01-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

my predicamentis that i love steak sauce but dont eat meat. steak sauce + tofu= not such a good idea.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #15
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Plus it has anchovies in it.

I don't like steak sauce. If I eat cheap steak, I'll smother it in enough onions and pepper to drown out the slightly livery flavor. A-1 on fries is pretty tasty, especially the thick cut kind.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

A little A-1 on a burger can't go wrong, too.
You guys are right, steak sauce is never REQUIRED on good steak. Unless you're me.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote