Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
TrueGent

TrueGent has said some nice things
Default Beer

I enjoy a nice watery PBR as much as the other guy but lets stay away from the millers, coors, and rolling rocks on this one.

Lets talk good beers.

Fav Beers...

Food Paring...

and the like.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

John Courage and Old Peculier are two favorites as well as MacKeson Stout (may be misspelled) and Duvel from France.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
TrueGent

TrueGent has said some nice things

Moose Drool Brown Ale, Manny's Red Menace, Dechute's Black Bute porter, and other miss-spellings.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGent View Post
Moose Drool Brown Ale, Manny's Red Menace, Dechute's Black Bute porter, and other miss-spellings.
I just had Moose Drool for the first time this past summer.
Excellent!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll go for the Sam Adams myself. Usually we have Bud in long neck bottles in the fridge and that's what I typically drink, when I'm in the mood for a beer.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

The smell of beer makes me ill. Wish I could say different.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Most of Bell's of Kalamazoo, Michigan beers.
Motor City Brewery, especially Ghettoblaster
New Castle
Bass
Blue Moon

These are the standbys. But I try out the ambers and darks anywhere I travel.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Killigan's Irish Red... Light beers tend to make me ill.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
Red Stripe...
Yaye.. Red Stripe. Long live Jamaica !!

Kool as well:
Kirin - Japan
Mythos - Greece
Jever and Karlsberg (not Carlsberg) - Germany

Ok, when i'm travelling and nothing else's available then i would go with a Heineken.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Germans do know their beer.

< 1/2 German
Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
eightyseven
Ridiculous.

eightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions communityeightyseven is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Shiner Bock (from Texas)
Labatt Blue Light (even better when I go across the river and it's domestic)
Corona Extra
Amstel Light

... not that I ever get to drink any of these on a regular basis. Gotta love Natty Light *gag*
eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not much of a drinker, but I had the urge (I am sure because of this thread) and ordered a draught Yuengling Lager with my lunch today. Never tried Yuengling before, but I remember some folks talking about it in this beer thread. It was great!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Pete's Wicked Winter Ale. That's my favorite.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
Smushygirl
Filthy Fat Slut

Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!Smushygirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

As a Pennslyvania girl, I like Yuengling lager and Rolling Rock. When I used to drink beer seriously, it was Augustinerbrau Maximator, Spaten, Grolsh, or Guiness.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The only beer for me is creamy, sweet, dark and delicious. It just so happens to be perfectly well named for a BBW, and I love that the can design hasn't changed in about fifty years! - Sweetheart Stout is my beer of choice
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 AM   #16
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favorite is Anchor Steam dark, good ol' California beer!

Also I like the German classic Bitburger. Bitte ein Bit!

fa_man_stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #17
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i just recently had sam adams cherry wheat, it was effing amazing. it tasted almost like angel food cake, it was lovely. i dig yuengling, red stripe, and regular budweiser as it reminds me of my lovely grampa!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #18
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbelly View Post
The smell of beer makes me ill. Wish I could say different.
Ditto here..they it's an acquired taste but I figure at my age it just ain't gonna happen...
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:41 AM   #19
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i just recently had sam adams cherry wheat, it was effing amazing. it tasted almost like angel food cake, it was lovely. i dig yuengling, red stripe, and regular budweiser as it reminds me of my lovely grampa!!
Definitely! Samuel Adams beers are really good!

fa_man_stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #20
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushygirl View Post
As a Pennslyvania girl, I like Yuengling lager and Rolling Rock. When I used to drink beer seriously, it was Augustinerbrau Maximator, Spaten, Grolsh, or Guiness.
oh, well done, you!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #21
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
Germans do know their beer.

< 1/2 German
Let's have a Mythos on that Well, actually i'm rather a wine drinker lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mythos-WordAd_SW.jpg (92.5 KB, 150 views)
Old 02-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #22
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Shiner Bock
Shiner Blonde
Shiner Light
Shiner Hefeveizen
Corona Extra (Don't forget the lime!)
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #23
Accept
True Metal FA

Accept does more than just post hot picsAccept does more than just post hot picsAccept does more than just post hot pics

From Rogue: imperial stout, chocolate stout, dead guy ale
From McMenamin's: terminator stout
From Deschuttes: black butte porter, mirror pond pale ale
From Widmer: hefeweizen, drop top amber ale
From Oskar Blues: old chub

And I gotta stick this in here although I've been instructed to stay away -- I absolutely love Keystone Ice (NOT Keystone Light) as a 'watery' beer. It's as cheap as PBR, tastes better and more smooth, and clocks in at 5.9%. Look for the black can!
Accept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #24
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Has anyone heard of Lucky beer? I used to drink it a long time ago. It had the merits of being super-cheap... well, that was its single virtue really. Oh, and it had little puzzles on the underside of the bottle cap. After attempting to figure out the puzzles (increasingly difficult), we play caps... with the caps.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Has anyone heard of Lucky beer? I used to drink it a long time ago. It had the merits of being super-cheap... well, that was its single virtue really. Oh, and it had little puzzles on the underside of the bottle cap. After attempting to figure out the puzzles (increasingly difficult), we play caps... with the caps.
I didn't mention it on this particular thread because it specified a more refined, quality beer list but,
"Lucky" is one of my all-time-favorite cheap beers both for the price and the riddle caps!!
Also, "Ballantine Ale" which had the riddle caps too!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter