Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
sean7
Invisidivisible

sean7 can now change their title

I'm a Stella man myself, but I like DAB Dortmunder Original.

I also like Sapporo paired with beef curry dishes.
sean7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #27
sheilamaxima

sheilamaxima has said some nice things
Default Beer

Ok, best beer ever- pardon the pun ( name0- Fat Tire, a belgian Ale second to none
sheilamaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:01 AM   #28
TrueGent

TrueGent has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Shiner Bock
Shiner Blonde
Shiner Light
Shiner Hefeveizen
Corona Extra (Don't forget the lime!)
From Texas?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #29
TrueGent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilamaxima View Post
Ok, best beer ever- pardon the pun ( name0- Fat Tire, a belgian Ale second to none
I had an under the table sip of a beer from a batch from the New Belgium Brewery. Apearently the pub I was at had bought a keg of a style of beer brewed at the brewery that isnt availble at market and is illegal to sell in a pub. The beer was from a sour mash, a taste not often push with beer ( Bitter more often) and it was amazing.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #30
TrueGent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
Germans do know their beer.

< 1/2 German
They do, but Belgium is the true paradise of beer. Of course a lot of the countries with a Germanic language have a beer to boast about. Just look an England too; with inventing the brown ale, porter, and stout. Though Holland is lacking with Hiniken, a kind of lacking beer.

Im sorry I posted 3 in a row, but I really enjoy beer.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:51 AM   #31
ebonyprincess
visually sophisticated

ebonyprincess can now change their title

My faves include;

Früli strawberry beer
Red Strip
Stella and Corona extra
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 AM   #32
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

czech beers

and i'm quite partial to Desperados (French light beer mixed with a dash of Tequila)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #33
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGent View Post
From Texas?
Houston .....
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #34
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

The Ruby. You get it at Mcmenamins pubs. Its delish and pink. But no worries boys, its not a chick beer. It has a great full flavor and can still ya drunk if you want. hehe
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #35
TrueGent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Houston .....
Austin TX.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #36
TrueGent

Dont mean to be an ass but have you ever drank a Corona with out a lime or lemon. Did you enjoy it? If not you dont like corona. No worry's, it's the crapiest mainstream beer (including naty light), and its allways scunky, because it comes in a clear bottle (sunlight ruins beer in a matter of minutes.) Think about the last time you enjoyed a corona with out lime. Lime is just a cover up when it comes to beers.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 AM   #37
Accept
True Metal FA

Accept does more than just post hot picsAccept does more than just post hot picsAccept does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Dont mean to be an ass but have you ever drank a Corona with out a lime or lemon. Did you enjoy it? If not you dont like corona. No worry's, it's the crapiest mainstream beer (including naty light), and its allways scunky, because it comes in a clear bottle (sunlight ruins beer in a matter of minutes.) Think about the last time you enjoyed a corona with out lime. Lime is just a cover up when it comes to beers.
double true.
Accept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #38
JohnWylde
Gentleman John

JohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I enjoy a nice watery PBR as much as the other guy but lets stay away from the millers, coors, and rolling rocks on this one.

Lets talk good beers.

Fav Beers...

Food Paring...

and the like.
The best real ale in the world?
It has to be a tie between Draught Bass and Marston's Pedigree.

NB I translate beer as ale, excluding lager!
JohnWylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #39
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I admit my beer palate is very limited, but I love Guiness, and get a black and tan (Guiness and Harp's or Bass) whenever I can.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #40
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Lost Interest

Hi Guy's,
I drank it by the pitcher in my 20's. I lost interest in my 30's. I became
diabetic in my mid-30's. Now it's a good thing that I'm no longer even interested.
Edgar

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #41
Canadian
Diamonds do you justice.

Canadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 club

For domestic beer, my favourite are the various Sleeman's brands. Original and Amber are a couple of my faves.

Big Rock Brewing out of Calgary has some great beers too. I've got some pretty fond memories of getting tanked drinking Grasshopper on roof top patios during the summer.

If you're going to look outside of Canada, I always thought that England had some wicked beers. Hobgoblin and Ramrod come to mind.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #42
sean7
Invisidivisible

sean7 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
For domestic beer, my favourite are the various Sleeman's brands. Original and Amber are a couple of my faves.

Big Rock Brewing out of Calgary has some great beers too. I've got some pretty fond memories of getting tanked drinking Grasshopper on roof top patios during the summer.

If you're going to look outside of Canada, I always thought that England had some wicked beers. Hobgoblin and Ramrod come to mind.
You didn't mention Keith's??
sean7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #43
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I live less than a mile from the Sierra Nevada plant so you can guess what our usual beer forays are in this household. I don't like the taste of beer personally. I like the aftertaste though.. go figure.. My husband tends to like microbrews. There's Snowshoe beer up in Arnold, CA or Butte Creek Beer here in Chico. They're apparently very strong stout beers. He spent his army years in Germany and grew to like German style beers.

As far as food to go with beer, pizza is always a good choice
Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #44
Canadian
Diamonds do you justice.

Canadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 clubCanadian is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean7 View Post
You didn't mention Keith's??
To be honest, I think Keith's is overrated. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I think there are many better beers out there.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #45
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Did somebody mention Belgian beer? A friend brought me this bottle from his visit to Brussels. I've kept it for many years now lol Yes, it is grey. And it is beer. In terms of beer (and french fries too) the Belgians seem not to know a shortage of variations
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2170200_SW.jpg (79.1 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #46
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm just not a yooge beer drinker but due to some formative drinking years spent in Deutschland, I still like a good Weizenbier. With lemon (I guess that makes me a beer philistine, but it's good). Yum! Also like spendy Belgians.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #47
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Did somebody mention Belgian beer? A friend brought me this bottle from his visit to Brussels. I've kept it for many years now lol Yes, it is grey. And it is beer. In terms of beer (and french fries too) the Belgians seem not to know a shortage of variations
Hey, I know that beer! Hubby actually drinks it fairly often, and there's another variety by the same company, can't remember the name, also funny. It's sold at the very non-fancy grocery store next door. Course, probably helps that I'm in NYC.

He likes it. Sorry yours looks so lonely and unconsumed!
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #48
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Oh.. that's amazing. Would have thought that's a very local curiosity only known to a few Belgians. Yes, it's very lonely and unconsumed, for over 10 years now. I kept it all the time to show it off But when you can get it in NYC then it should be available in Berlin in some place too. Will have a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
Hey, I know that beer! Hubby actually drinks it fairly often, and there's another variety by the same company, can't remember the name, also funny. It's sold at the very non-fancy grocery store next door. Course, probably helps that I'm in NYC.

He likes it. Sorry yours looks so lonely and unconsumed!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #49
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Just a little note on the name of that beer....I'm in nursing school, and "delirium tremens" is the name of a shaking delirious syndrome that some people get when they are recovering from alcohol withdrawl!!! Struck me as a weird name for a beer!!!

That being said, my favorite beers are Blue Moon, and Stella!!! Great with some fries!!! Yummy!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:23 AM   #50
panhype
Apréslist

Always interesting to see how different our cultures are. Actually the most uneducated (non-latin speaking / nobody speaks Latin anyway) German has at least a vague idea what "delirium tremens" means. And most likely any Belgian too. So this is surely an example for the use of dark humour (or however you want to call it) going with the names of alcoholic beverages.That's quite common over here and i have seen way more drastic things. I personally do not really get that. But then again i'm not a binge drinker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
Just a little note on the name of that beer....I'm in nursing school, and "delirium tremens" is the name of a shaking delirious syndrome that some people get when they are recovering from alcohol withdrawl!!! Struck me as a weird name for a beer!!!