Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Thoughts on Kirstie Allie

You know, after the dismal failure of fat actress and all the other crap she did, she finally dropped the weight. So, what are your thoughts on her and what she has been getting up to of late. When she was at her heaviest, she seemed to present the worst of her lot, never having anything good to say, dreary, dull and generally looking like shit and making a mess of the whole thing, an opposing view is that she was a becon of light, breaking the mold of hollywood and all that jazz, however she now did the jenny craig thing with those awful adverts. So thoughts about her and her actions?
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian Lord
You know, after the dismal failure of fat actress and all the other crap she did, she finally dropped the weight. So, what are your thoughts on her and what she has been getting up to of late. When she was at her heaviest, she seemed to present the worst of her lot, never having anything good to say, dreary, dull and generally looking like shit and making a mess of the whole thing, an opposing view is that she was a becon of light, breaking the mold of hollywood and all that jazz, however she now did the jenny craig thing with those awful adverts. So thoughts about her and her actions?
What can you say about an opportunist like her? I heard she had WLS and that's how she lost the weight.

I hate her.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The big thing to look for, will she get any other work outside of parodying herself at Jenny Craig or any other smut tv talk show that needs to fill some dead space? I don't think so. I can't see her making a movie or being in anything unless she's going to be a sidekick character actress to provide a few one liners and some Lucille Ball slapstick. But again, who would want her in their production at this point? Her antics have alienated and turned off a lot of people. No one is coming out to call her courageous or inspiring. She's got no class. Maybe she and Rosanne Barr can do a low budget film together.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Kirstie and Roseanne together? Gag.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
RoadWarrior
On Timeout

RoadWarrior has said some nice things

She's a loser. A pretty woman.... but, as was said earlier was totally negative. The tv ads were a train wreck. I imagine she turned off two thirds of the US female population. At least she lost a kindergartner.....I hope others learn from it. No guy likes a woman with that kind of attitude... skinny or fat. Sorry for the rant.
RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

At least she's got a billion years with Scientology to work things out.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would post my thoughts about Kirstie Alley, but they would be unprintable.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Why? Do they include nipples?

Old 12-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #9
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Why? Do they include nipples?
No - they're just the kind of things that I don't feel comfortable posting on a board that's visited both by men and women.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #10
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Well, how about you say what you feel like saying, then go back and bleep yourself out. Just type [BLEEP] for every, well, bleep, and see how it looks.

Give it a try, you crazy [BLEEP]. See how it goes.

Old 12-10-2005, 02:26 AM   #11
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am so lurking over this [BLEEP] thread because I am so [BLEEP] eager to see Wayne's [BLEEP] post about that [BLEEP] Kirstey Alley. I'm going to laugh my [BLEEP] [BLEEP] off.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 12-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #12
fatlane
Starting Arvist

I [BLEEP] love it when you [BLEEP] talk [BLEEP] [BLEEP] like that.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:58 AM   #13
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I watched the first episode of her "Fat Actress," and hated every minute. It fed not only on fat stereotypes, but also racial ones, and so much else I've blocked it out of my mind. Her costuming was terrible--deliberately designed to look bad, and there was nothing and self-respecting fat woman would have done.

Don't know what's next for her, but as others have said...she's lost a lot of respect with this little stunt and turn-around.

Wayne, whatever you have to say, go ahead. I'm a farm girl, there's almost nothing I haven't heard.
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #14
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
So thoughts about her and her actions?
A very unfortunate case that reminds me a lot of Delta Burke. Both were beauty queen-class young women with a good deal of talent, and if you start out that way, it must have been awfully hard for them to find themselves getting fat, made fun of, and relegated to fat girl roles. Both tried to make the best of it by first pretending it wasn't so, then sort of hiding behind wardrobe, then grudgingly accepting different roles, then engaging in the typical Oprah-style see-saw between I-am-fat-and-I-am-proud! and I-lost-all-that-ugly-fat-and-I'll-never-be-fat-and-ugly-again. They are not the only ones, of course. There was the incomparable Ann Wilson of Heart--Dreamboat Annie. Stevie Nicks. Even Debra Harry (Blondie) junked up a lot. Mary Travers. Linda Ronstadt. And many more. Some ended up having WLS in a desperate attempt to reclaim their former glory.

As for Kirstie, while I certainly liked to watch her in some of her productions (Heck, even the toothferry movie she did was sort of hilarious), she's simply not a likable person, and has never been. Combine that with her embarrassing self-depracation and it's truly an ugly scene. And a sad one.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #15
toffeechick64
On Timeout

toffeechick64 has said some nice things

Kirstie is a joke plain&simple when i seen tha JC AD when shes running from her before pics i wanted to slap her face the only reason her weight stayed down all of those years is because she was a bleeping coke addict i seen it on THS on E
and BTW Star Jones is just butt ugly now-a-days good gawd! I mean if you wanna lose weight or whatever thats your thing but dont make others feel bad and shes supposed to be religious <eyeroll> shes on my sellout list along with
star jones****faith evans<lost weight due to smoking crack > and a host of others .....ok yall im done lol!!!
toffeechick64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #16
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

She was so HOT when she was fat!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #17
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
The big thing to look for, will she get any other work outside of parodying herself at Jenny Craig or any other smut tv talk show that needs to fill some dead space? I don't think so. I can't see her making a movie or being in anything unless she's going to be a sidekick character actress to provide a few one liners and some Lucille Ball slapstick. But again, who would want her in their production at this point? Her antics have alienated and turned off a lot of people. No one is coming out to call her courageous or inspiring. She's got no class. Maybe she and Rosanne Barr can do a low budget film together.

Lily, I think you're comparing apples and oranges here. Nothing Kirstie has done would even begin to approach Roseanne Barr's insipid antics.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #18
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover
Lily, I think you're comparing apples and oranges here. Nothing Kirstie has done would even begin to approach Roseanne Barr's insipid antics.
Wow. Have you even been watching? Where do I start? Kirsty Alley has been a walking train wreck ever since she came out of hiding. I would more likely say that comparing Kirsty to Rosanne is like comparing a train crash with a garbage truck being driven off of a cliff. Very different modes of transportation, same result. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Curvaceous. Is Kirsty attractive? Yes. But her behavior has been completely unacceptable. It's too bad though because I miss her Pier 1 commercials.

@~;~~
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #19
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Unattractive and untalented at any size. Adding to that her dreadful personality makes me wonder what people ever saw in her. I personally feel her 15 minutes of lame ran out when she made those dreadful "Look who's talking" movies. Yet, she cruelly and unmercifully tries to cling to the public eye at any cost.

Now the only thing really left to discuss about her is who is the bigger train wreck. Her or Anna Nicole?

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 AM   #20
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Anna Nicole, hands down.

Kirstie can still string a sentence together that makes sense.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #21
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

I have to add that I think Kirstie the performer is great. I loved her on Cheers (she's the reason I watched it, her and Frasier), I think she's a great comic actress, and I thought when she got fat that she was totally hot.

I saw the first episode of Fat Actress and thought it had potential... I saw another one later on that was just idiotic, as though it was trying to compete with the idiocy of the Anna Nicole show. So I wasn't too impressed.

Although I haven't paid much attention to her comments in the press, it's obvious she didn't want to be fat and wasn't happy that way. Okay, fine. She's not someone who will be fighting for size acceptance, but that's her choice. Basically the way I see it is she's vocalizing the thoughts that most people have - they don't agree with what WE think, but it's not exactly anything new, is it?

I thought it was a bigger let-down when Ricki Lake and Delta Burke lost weight. They were individuals who were very pro-big-girl, then suddenly seemed to change their view when they got skinny. At least Kirstie was consistent - I don't remember ever hearing her saying anything good about being fat.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I keep hoping these women will get fat again... but I don't waste much energy on it!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #22
Tawny Madison
On Timeout

Tawny Madison has said some nice things
Default My thoughts on Kristie

Ok, Anna Nicole is a bigger train wreck than Kristie Alley could ever be....but that doesn't mean that Kristie is all that great anymore either.

I loved Kristie in the Look Who's Talking series and Veronica's Closet. Everytime that Veronica's closet came on, I was there watching it, even if I had to boot my hubby out of watching his shows.

I do agree whole heartedly that her attitude now that she has gotten thin has gone to hell....her looks too. When she was fat, she was hot but now....ikkkk.

Anyways, that's my thoughts for now....

*hugz n kissez from a bbw*
Tawny
Tawny Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #23
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawny Madison
I do agree whole heartedly that her attitude now that she has gotten thin has gone to hell....her looks too. When she was fat, she was hot but now....ikkkk.
That's another thing people don't seem to consider.... Kirstie is into her 50's, and while she was big she looked considerably younger. Now that she's lost all that fat I've noticed the TV ads use a lot more vaseline on the lens! These women who are so taken by vanity should be thinking about these sorts of things... It's like someone let the air out of the balloon!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #24
Tawny Madison
On Timeout

Tawny Madison has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33
That's another thing people don't seem to consider.... Kirstie is into her 50's, and while she was big she looked considerably younger. Now that she's lost all that fat I've noticed the TV ads use a lot more vaseline on the lens! These women who are so taken by vanity should be thinking about these sorts of things... It's like someone let the air out of the balloon!

That's true she's in her 50's but so's my mom and she lost weight and she's not grouchy at all....least until she comes over and finds I have no salad in the house. What can I say? I'm not a salad and water girl...lol.
Tawny Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:44 AM   #25
fasub

fasub can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover
I'll always have a soft-spot in my heart for Roseanne after her national anthem debut.
fasub is offline   Reply With Quote