Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #226
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Last night, we spent our first night in the new house.
  • all of my stuff is in boxes - undies, getting ready stuff, medicine
  • we are living off of plastic plates, bowls, flatware
  • the place is filled with boxes, totes, crates
  • there is so much random furniture placement that I have to walk into the kitchen and through the dining room to get out of the living room and to the front door
  • our old apartment is across town- 10% full and in need of a complete and total cleaning
  • my car's registration ran out and I forgot
  • we are opening 3 new offices at my work and that means they all need logos, print collateral and email set-ups

What was the only thing I thought of as I sat on the catty-cornered couch and watched the tv perched precariously on some speakers and a big piece of wood last night while I ate a frozen dinner that tasted like paint?

"Whoa, that kitchen is so pretty I am going to have to take lots of pics for the foodee board there. I wonder what I should make first?"
I am sure I speak for us all - we are glad you have your priorities straight.

Enjoy your new home!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #227
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I am sure I speak for us all - we are glad you have your priorities straight.

Enjoy your new home!!
Ditto that! YAY JAMIE!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #228
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love that foodee pics fall before work, car, and underwear.

That is love, people!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #229
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm currently cooking a batch of refried beans and a batch of rice with veggies, cheese, and chicken, all to avoid work later in the week.

ETA: And I MAY cook a batch of chicken coconut soup yet!

Last edited by TheSadeianLinguist; 04-01-2007 at 07:20 PM.
TheSadeianLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #230
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There, uh, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, ...shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... that's, that's about it. - Benjamin Buford Blue -- Forrest Gump.

I'm not gonna have any trouble finding a recipe for the Foodee Challenge... I'm just gonna have trouble picking one.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #231
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What?! I have to go to Friendly's in order to buy a gift card? It doesn't help matters much when the closest store is 1,600 miles away.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #232
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
What?! I have to go to Friendly's in order to buy a gift card? It doesn't help matters much when the closest store is 1,600 miles away.
Lame, I say!!!

You know, I never thought about it, but it's probably similar in a lot of places... which is sort of stupid with the way people like shopping online and all.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #233
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Lame, I say!!!

You know, I never thought about it, but it's probably similar in a lot of places... which is sort of stupid with the way people like shopping online and all.
meh. Some stores just haven't embraced the 21st century. I guess I'm just limited to purchasing cards from nationwide chains, or ones that offer cards over the net.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #234
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

New item, so new I'll had to take a picture of the bag

Not exactly what I was expecting.. first chip reminded me of Macaroni Grill.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #235
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. They put rosemary in their bread. It's definitely a strong herb. I like it in small doses, but I don't know if I like it enough to eat Rosemary potato chips.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:14 AM   #236
Mikey

Mikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
The egullet people go crazy around Passover. This is when the kosher for passover Coke is released in the markets. It's made from real sugar, not corn syrup. Now I've had coke with real sugar before from Mexican markets and it isn't as sweet as American coke but trust me it isn't all that wonderful! I just don't understand the hype.
I am a Pepsi guy...so I go without till Tuesday night. I didn't even know there was Kosher for Passover Coca Cola.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #237
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
The egullet people go crazy around Passover. This is when the kosher for passover Coke is released in the markets. It's made from real sugar, not corn syrup. Now I've had coke with real sugar before from Mexican markets and it isn't as sweet as American coke but trust me it isn't all that wonderful! I just don't understand the hype.
I certainly feel soda in general made with cane sugar and no HFC's tastes MUCH better than normal soda... but I'm a sugar hatah. The HFC makes things taste stale and corny and stick to the inside of your mouth. (I call it halitosis causin sweetener). Chemical sweeteners are IMHO a waste of time and taste even sweeter and more sickly than HFC.

Only Mexican sodas taste delightfully sweet and refreshing in my opinion. Well I think Ting from Jamaica also uses sugar and it's in the same boat. If you want even more thirst quench, they'll put some potassium citrate (gatorade salts) in like in Surge (though that has HFC's).
Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #238
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
New item, so new I'll had to take a picture of the bag

I HATE LAYS..ever since they discontinued their line of Bristro Chips..I fell in with the roasted garlic and herb..but alas they are no more...did I mention I hated Lays???
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #239
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

They discontinued their Bistro crisps?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #240
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
They discontinued their Bistro crisps?
Yes..the fiends. I can't figure out if it was really Lay's or the food police. I loved every flavor! I can't find anything else like them. Sure Kettle Chips are thick..but they just don't have the same zing...snobbing now...( a snob is half way between a sniffle and a sob..)
Old 04-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #241
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactopus View Post
I certainly feel soda in general made with cane sugar and no HFC's tastes MUCH better than normal soda... but I'm a sugar hatah. The HFC makes things taste stale and corny and stick to the inside of your mouth. (I call it halitosis causin sweetener). Chemical sweeteners are IMHO a waste of time and taste even sweeter and more sickly than HFC.

Only Mexican sodas taste delightfully sweet and refreshing in my opinion. Well I think Ting from Jamaica also uses sugar and it's in the same boat. If you want even more thirst quench, they'll put some potassium citrate (gatorade salts) in like in Surge (though that has HFC's).
Most Carribean sodas frighten me! The flavors are abysmal- champagne (I never know what that's supposed to taste like, certainly not champagne), and other flavors I can't think of at the moment. They also come in such day glo colors that I wonder if daily imbibment will cause you to glow in the dark. I actually like some Mexican sodas though, Jarritos brand comes to mind. The Mexican coke I drank was lukewarm and I'm sure like all beverages, it's better ice cold.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #242
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If Chinese, pizza, etc can be delivered, why can't there be a dessert delivery service? And I don't mean things like ho-ho's or devil dogs. Real, bakery type desserts or ice cream at your door step as soon as you pick up the phone. Someone send over a cupcake right now!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #243
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
If Chinese, pizza, etc can be delivered, why can't there be a dessert delivery service? And I don't mean things like ho-ho's or devil dogs. Real, bakery type desserts or ice cream at your door step as soon as you pick up the phone. Someone send over a cupcake right now!
You know- I really like that idea. In NYC, it might even work. Hmm...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #244
Mikey

Mikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up It's just a Ting Mon!

Quote:
Most Carribean sodas frighten me! The flavors are abysmal- champagne (I never know what that's supposed to taste like, certainly not champagne), and other flavors I can't think of at the moment. They also come in such day glo colors that I wonder if daily imbibment will cause you to glow in the dark. I actually like some Mexican sodas though, Jarritos brand comes to mind. The Mexican coke I drank was lukewarm and I'm sure like all beverages, it's better ice cold.
I love Ting, and the product you get in the US is exactly the same as in Jamaica Mon! If you like white citrus soda...its the best. One great thing about Ting, is that you can get it in the glass bottles, and I think that is what the key is. So once in a while I venture over to the Fine Fare on Gun Hill Road in the Bronx, and buy a few of those tiny little bright green glass gems and saver them one at a time over a couple of months. Second, is the Jarritos Grapefruit...which is a slightly watered down version of da Ting. Again, I only drink the one that comes in the glass bottle. Even Coke that comes in the glass bottles is better. No chemical reaction to the plastic bottles is the difference.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #245
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

This is maybe a WB board confession, but I'm making myself a tiny Easter dinner and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited to eat the Au Gratin potatoes that I can't wait until dinner time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #246
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
This is maybe a WB board confession, but I'm making myself a tiny Easter dinner and I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited to eat the Au Gratin potatoes that I can't wait until dinner time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mmmm I love au gratin potatoes! The best ever are at a place called the Garlic Rose. Lots of crispy parts and very creamy and garlicky.

You make them yourself? From a box? Post pics pls tanx!

And no, yours wasn't a WB confession - I'd say that most of the WB confessions are actually Foodee Board confessions!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 04-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #247
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

*another Au Gratin potatoes dish made, and eaten for Easter confession*

Actually, it was one of those "Instant" Velveeta Cheese and Bacon bits dishes.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #248
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Like a chocolate cupcake with a delicious, delicious cream cheese fluff center, topped with a perfect, cool whipped cream with a touch of vanilla, topped with delicate colored sugar?

Or a slice of pound cake, chilled, with a hearty, tart raspberry sauce and loads of fresh berries?

Oh yeah.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #249
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
Like a chocolate cupcake with a delicious, delicious cream cheese fluff center, topped with a perfect, cool whipped cream with a touch of vanilla, topped with delicate colored sugar?

Or a slice of pound cake, chilled, with a hearty, tart raspberry sauce and loads of fresh berries?

Oh yeah.
**FAINT**............
Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #250
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess I had a life-changing bowl of fettucine alfredo for lunch today. We went to this little cafe run by a little Italian woman and I may never be the same again...it was *that* good. I was frustrated over the twenty minute wait for someone to even come to the table (they were packed and lined up everywhere) but that all melted away with the food. She hand makes everything from the sauces to the desserts and this was a killer sauce, thick, rich, cheesy/garlicy...just wow. The chess pie and wedding cookies and homemade garlic bread weren't too bad either. After I wake up from my carb-coma I will re-evaluate my plans to get get adopted by the little Italian lady with the cute accent.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote