Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #2476
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm terrible at grocery shopping. Mostly because I am terrible at planning meals ahead of time.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #2477
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't plan exact meals, because I tend to cook the item(s) I'm craving. I go to the store and buy ingredients that will make a certain set of meals and/or that I'm running out / have run out. And I don't go to only one store for everything. I have a particular stores for meat, builk goods, dry goods, can goods, frozens, ethnic, etc. For those of you who remember what my lauder looks like, yep, even more so.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #2478
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
butter is about 3.97 to 5.00 a lb here depending on the brand. hence, we have reverted to using oleo. while it is ok for baking or using to fry stuff on top of stove...there is not much taste to it.

ic i am on the brink of paying the 4.00 just to have my delish toast back.
What?!? I buy butter in Danville, VA all the time for less than $3. Try buying dairy products at Aldi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Given enough hot mustard sauce.. I can eat all the mcnuggets..
20 mcnuggets for $5 = .25 each
6 mcnuggets for $1 = .17 each

Just sayin'
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #2479
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Been ordering from freshdirect- love their store brand oatmeal cookies. First thing in the cart and the real reason for the order.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #2480
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I typically use kielbasa in my red beans and rice if I can't find andouille or Linguiça.

I may have been known to use ketchup if I don't have tomato paste on hand.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #2481
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

I may have been known to use ketchup if I don't have tomato paste on hand.
I've been buying Amore brand tomato paste because it comes in a squeeze tube that will keep for a very long time in the fridge, and you can use it in small amounts.

IC I spend too much time in the kitchen making food so I don't have to eat heavily processed food with chemicals. That plus shopping and the cleanup sucks up too much time, but I haven't come up with a better alternative.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #2482
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

It seems like the Food Network should change it's name to the Pulled Pork and/or Kimchi Network.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #2483
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
It seems like the Food Network should change it's name to the Pulled Pork and/or Kimchi Network.

So right on... Hahahahahha!
Old 11-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #2484
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
I've been buying Amore brand tomato paste because it comes in a squeeze tube that will keep for a very long time in the fridge, and you can use it in small amounts.

IC I spend too much time in the kitchen making food so I don't have to eat heavily processed food with chemicals. That plus shopping and the cleanup sucks up too much time, but I haven't come up with a better alternative.
I have the opposite problem. I'd love to eat less processed and more whole foods, but between school, internship, homework, work study, and now co-directing a play I have zero time or energy for cooking real food.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:01 PM   #2485
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

So last night we had a Polish Night at the homestead: Sister dropped off 5 lbs of smoked kielbasa; son picked up potato and cheddar, potato, bacon, and cheese, and potato and onion pierogi. I made "Onions in butter," which is like boiling onions in 3 sticks of butter LOL

I boiled the pierogi then fried them, once they floated to the top of the water, in a combination of bacon grease and the onions.

I made a couple of my son's friends a little queasy: I cut a little piece of the sausage and ate it before it was heated. They thought it was "fresh" kielbasa, unsmoked and well, in need of a ton of cooking.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #2486
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC I just dropped over $25 on candy at the bulk store. $25...

No regrets!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #2487
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Cravings in overdrive... I used to chew gum to stem the tide.. but its not working.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #2488
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I was flipping thru a magazine and saw a plate of spaghetti.

Now I want spaghetti.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #2489
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I googled black cabbage (See Italy in a Dish) and I got pictures of black cabbage patch dolls.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #2490
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just made the most decadent, amazing chocolate cake ever! No boxes or mixes... all from scratch! Cocoa powder, dark melted chocolate, butter, sugar (not too sweet), egg, unbleached flour, vanilla, espresso, milk, etc. Oh my word, it's chocolate cake heaven
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #2491
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't decide between pizza or lasagna for lunch today...
Old 12-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #2492
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just had an espresso just so that I could mix the dregs of it (including some undissolved sugar) into my yogurt. So tasty!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #2493
lille

I may have eaten almost half a casserole dish of macaroni and cheese. It was worth it.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #2494
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I may have eaten almost half a casserole dish of macaroni and cheese. It was worth it.
Always is a good time for mac and cheese!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #2495
MattB

American friends- Does Cookie Crisp cereal still exist?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #2496
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Yes, Cookie crisp is available in the following combinations: Original, With sprinkles, and double chocolate
Old 12-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #2497
MattB

Quote:
Yes, Cookie crisp is available in the following combinations: Original, With sprinkles, and double chocolate
Ah, wonderful!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #2498
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Ah, wonderful!
Wow, that brings back a sweet memory. My nephew was still really young when the first Shrek movie came out on DVD, and we camped out on the couch with a box of that cereal and watched it together. It was a great day.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #2499
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not really a sweets person, but the cranberry/walnut cookies from Jason's Deli have been haunting me. Had some this weekend and I want more!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #2500
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Oatmeal scotchies bar cookies in my future.. yep...