Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #251
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just realized how long it's been since I've had a bowl of fettucini alfredo. (About a decade... Wow.)

Not what I came here to complain about. I love baking: creme cakes, mashed potato doughnuts, pies, cheesecakes, etc. Ryan is indifferent about baked goods. Oh well. It'd be nice to have someone around to eat the stuff; I feel like a jackass occasionally baking a really great cake, most of which goes in the garbage.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #252
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
...Ryan is indifferent about baked goods. Oh well. It'd be nice to have someone around to eat the stuff; I feel like a jackass occasionally baking a really great cake, most of which goes in the garbage.

He doesn't like CAKE?? I have no words...
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #253
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I just realized how long it's been since I've had a bowl of fettucini alfredo. (About a decade... Wow.)

Not what I came here to complain about. I love baking: creme cakes, mashed potato doughnuts, pies, cheesecakes, etc. Ryan is indifferent about baked goods. Oh well. It'd be nice to have someone around to eat the stuff; I feel like a jackass occasionally baking a really great cake, most of which goes in the garbage.
I'm the same way. Usually I just take everything I bake to work. There are plenty of people around that will gladly eat that stuff.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #254
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1) I require more info on mashed potato doughnuts??

2) I'm in panicky feeling mode because my house it down to just about NO food again (I never did a big shopping, too broke right now.) I'm out of milk, Crystal Light, I'm down to my last glass of spring water, one roll, no snacks, no sweets, nuthin'.

I don't even want to eat anything much (I did have stuff for dinner), but I actually get anxious when the stuff isn't here - even though once it is, it could sit here forever before I dig into it.

3) The other day, broke as I am, I was able to get my DD fix before work (tea and a sandwich) thanks to a gift card. It was a great, great feeling all around - worked exactly as intended. Food without limits!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #255
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
1) I require more info on mashed potato doughnuts??
Like a cake doughnut, deep-fried, crispy on outside, cakey on inside. Dipped in sugar. VERY good hot. Good cold.

* 3 C sugar
* 3 C mashed potatoes
* 6 eggs
* 1/2 C vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 C milk
* 8 c flour
* 5 T. baking powder

PREPARATION:
Mix sugar and mashed potatoes until consistency of paste. Add eggs and beat. Add vegetable oil, milk, flour and baking powder. More flour may be added if necessary.

Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thickness.Cut out with floured doughnut cutter.

Heat vegetable oil to 370 on a deep-fat thermometer.

Drop doughnuts, 2 or 3 at a time, into the hot fat. Fry, turning once, for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dip in sugar, powdered sugar, whatever.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #256
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Point, the first: I know exactly what you mean. I am a talented and intuitive masseuse, and my ex couldn't stand them. And if anyone could have stood to loosen up a little... Seemed like an unconscionable waste, anyway.

Point, the second: YUM! If you ever get sick of Ryan, I have a spare room.
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #257
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I put myself on a low calorie, vegetarian food lifestyle change yesterday. I celebrated making it through 24 hours by eating a 1/2 lb bag of peanut butter M&M's
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #258
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

SPUDNUTS!!

Quote:
Like a cake doughnut, deep-fried, crispy on outside, cakey on inside. Dipped in sugar. VERY good hot. Good cold.

* 3 C sugar
* 3 C mashed potatoes
* 6 eggs
* 1/2 C vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 C milk
* 8 c flour
* 5 T. baking powder

PREPARATION:
Mix sugar and mashed potatoes until consistency of paste. Add eggs and beat. Add vegetable oil, milk, flour and baking powder. More flour may be added if necessary.

Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thickness.Cut out with floured doughnut cutter.

Heat vegetable oil to 370 on a deep-fat thermometer.

Drop doughnuts, 2 or 3 at a time, into the hot fat. Fry, turning once, for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dip in sugar, powdered sugar, whatever.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #259
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've run out of freezer space. I have three (two upright, and one half-chest) and I can't believe I've actually filled all of them up. I've got this awful feeling that I've frozen something that was intended to go in the fridge, like pop-n-fresh dough.. and now its ruined. Or I froze a whole Cure81 ham before I had a chance to divide it up.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #260
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Double Stuff E.L. Fudge - original

I can say no more.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #261
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've run out of freezer space. I have three (two upright, and one half-chest) and I can't believe I've actually filled all of them up. I've got this awful feeling that I've frozen something that was intended to go in the fridge, like pop-n-fresh dough.. and now its ruined. Or I froze a whole Cure81 ham before I had a chance to divide it up.
Sounds like it might be time to clean out the freezers.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #262
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Sounds like it might be time to clean out the freezers.

Or at least take an inventory so you know what you've got...
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #263
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Yep, time to take inventory.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #264
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that I just slurped down the most delicious pralines and cream shake - a perfect combination of crunchy and sweet, creamy goodness.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #265
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I have a French Vanilla cake in the oven and it smells WONDERFUL!!! (and it still has 20 mins to go)

Also, I'm making it bundt style... first time ever. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #266
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I have a French Vanilla cake in the oven and it smells WONDERFUL!!! (and it still has 20 mins to go)

Also, I'm making it bundt style... first time ever. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.
Will there be photos of this smelly bundt?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:08 PM   #267
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
smelly bundt?
That is Sooooooooooooooooooo dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm laughing like a hyena over here. LOL

Yes, I've always wanted to post pictures of my hot, moist bundt - and tonight is the night.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #268
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Got a neighbor with kids? I used to do that when I lived in military housing and my husband at the time was a health nut. I'd bake whatever I wanted to just get rid of the urge to bake. Then I'd head next door with cookies/cake and give them away. Not many people will say no to free cake LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #269
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella View Post
Got a neighbor with kids? I used to do that when I lived in military housing and my husband at the time was a health nut. I'd bake whatever I wanted to just get rid of the urge to bake. Then I'd head next door with cookies/cake and give them away. Not many people will say no to free cake LOL
Very good idea! There's a great kid who gets my mail for me once in awhile. (I pay her a buck to fetch it once in awhile; she's 5.)
Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #270
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Mree.. will you be glazing the bundt, or just dusting it with powdered sugar?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #271
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was in the city today and stopped in the only Arby's in Manhattan. What is wrong with me? I could have any type of cheap eat I wanted in my pudgy hands and instead, had to have Arby's. It's not even real roast beef, it's that weird pressed stuff. And did I get cheese sauce on the sandwich? Yes, I got their cheese (but it's not really cheese, it's cheez) sauce. God , I love that crappy place, I love the bbq sauce, the horsey sauce and how this particular location has a sauce bar so you can go craaazay. Give me Arby's over Mcdonald's any day!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #272
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
I was in the city today and stopped in the only Arby's in Manhattan. What is wrong with me? I could have any type of cheap eat I wanted in my pudgy hands and instead, had to have Arby's. It's not even real roast beef, it's that weird pressed stuff. And did I get cheese sauce on the sandwich? Yes, I got their cheese (but it's not really cheese, it's cheez) sauce. God , I love that crappy place, I love the bbq sauce, the horsey sauce and how this particular location has a sauce bar so you can go craaazay. Give me Arby's over Mcdonald's any day!
I will bypass Arby's and Arby's until I find one with the Sauce bar!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #273
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

My first two possible contest entries were Shrimp Etouffee and Prawn Curry.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #274
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I will bypass Arby's and Arby's until I find one with the Sauce bar!
Yep, you go a bit crazy with the sauce bar. I like dipping the curly fries in the horsey sauce mixed with the honey mustard. Oh, the possibiities!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #275
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC that I bought my parrot a bag of organic roasted unsalted almonds, and I have now eaten half the bag.

Okay, just one more...
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote