Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #276
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

brownies talk - they say things like-

"Hi there sexy, skip breakfast, I'm here, and I go with coffee"
"Seriously, one more won't make a difference"
"There is a reason we were on sale, you should eat two"
"Pssst, wanna introduce me to that pretty pint of icecream in the freezer"
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #277
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Mree.. will you be glazing the bundt, or just dusting it with powdered sugar?
It was frosted... which you may have seen by now. I posted pics in the Everyday thread.

Furthermore, IC that thanks to an amazing foodee angel, I was able to hit the store today and fill my cabinets with some soup and staples and this and that so that I can continue to eat while my finances balance out..... and for that, I'm VERY thankful.

There is something very comforting about knowing my cupboards aren't bare.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #278
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
It was frosted... which you may have seen by now. I posted pics in the Everyday thread.

Furthermore, IC that thanks to an amazing foodee angel, I was able to hit the store today and fill my cabinets with some soup and staples and this and that so that I can continue to eat while my finances balance out..... and for that, I'm VERY thankful.

There is something very comforting about knowing my cupboards aren't bare.

That is a relief. A foodee angel indeed...

IC OUCH! Note to self: knives are sharp. Cut food, not flesh.
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #279
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ohhhh, Betsy, I'm sorry you cut yourself!!

I have no icea where to put this, so I'll confess it....

Just tried Progresso Chicken Corn Chowder and it was QUITE good!!

And lastly...

IC I am going to bed to avoid possibly forgetting and eating something after midnight. I have a blood test in the morning.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #280
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I have a morning blood test, I need to remember to drink water so the nurse in the lab can find a vein.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #281
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks, AnnMarie. It's okay. Wasn't so bad once I got it to stop bleeding.

Figures that you'd have to fast the moment you get some grub in the house!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #282
irish_redhead
Shop-o-holic

irish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
I confess that I live through the pictures posted on these threads while I sit at home eating pickle sandwiches.
OMG! I thought I was the only person in the world who did that?!

I haven't had one in years. Now whenever I order a burger or sandwich, I just load 5 or 6 pickles on it.

Warning: insomnia has been known to cause strong opinons, incoherent ramblings and compulsive shopping.
irish_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #283
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Every few months I start my Monday by saying "Today is the beginning for you Fatty, today you're changing your habits" and I eat oatmeal and drink low sugar apple juice for breakfast.
I then go about my morning feeling perky and healthy, but by lunch time,I'll skip the salad and have a loaded spud and ruin my "diet". So I spend the rest of my day feeling slow and pissy.

It's getting worse, cause this morning I didn't make it till 1O:OO before I cheated and ate a whole box of TGI Fridays cheese sticks and sugary kool-aid.
Followed by a nice helping of guilt.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.

Last edited by Mishty; 04-23-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #284
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missblueyedeath View Post
Every few months I start my Monday by saying "Today is the beginning for you Fatty, today you're changing your habits" and I eat oatmeal and drink low sugar apple juice for breakfast.
I then go about my morning feeling perky and healthy, but by lunch time,I'll skip the salad and have a loaded spud and ruin my "diet". So I spend the rest of my day feeling slow and pissy.

It's getting worse, cause this morning I didn't make it till 1O:OO before I cheated and ate a whole box of TGI Fridays cheese sticks and sugary kool-aid.
Followed by a nice helping of guilt.
I found that when I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, what I felt I needed to eat, and what I felt I wanted to eat changed. I feel healthier, and I'm far more content as a result. I kind of think of it as giving my body more nourishment, rather than taking away certain "bad" things.
/.02
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #285
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_redhead View Post
OMG! I thought I was the only person in the world who did that?!

I haven't had one in years. Now whenever I order a burger or sandwich, I just load 5 or 6 pickles on it.

Well depending on what is meant by pickle, IC I love Kerrygold Dubliner cheese way too much and I buy a 2 lb. brick all the time at Costco for $10. I usually eat huge slabs of it on a sandwich with Branston pickle.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #286
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The vanilla fudge checkered icecream cone I just ate was amazing. In fact, I'm a little sad that it's gone now. Must make another one.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #287
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
When I have a morning blood test, I need to remember to drink water so the nurse in the lab can find a vein.
Oh I don't even bother... they take it out of my knuckles with pedi needles. No other way.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #288
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
I found that when I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted, what I felt I needed to eat, and what I felt I wanted to eat changed. I feel healthier, and I'm far more content as a result. I kind of think of it as giving my body more nourishment, rather than taking away certain "bad" things.
/.02
Exactly! Guilt causes you to eat foods because they're "off limits" - removing guilt allows you to eat whatever, good and bad. If I want a salad, I eat it... I don't consider it a punishment or an evil representation of things I "can't" have.

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but for me and a lot of my friends... it's the key to stabilizing. Everything just levels off. It's been working for me for over 7 years.

It's wonderful, I can't remember the last time I ate anything and felt guilty.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 04-23-2007 at 03:32 PM.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #289
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Why didn't I discover roasted asparagus earlier? I would always steam it in an inch of water, then put a pat of margarine on top. Roasting caramlizes and intensifies the flavor, it doesn't taste watered down. It's like esscense of asparagus.

Also, have a thing for hot dogs, even if they're completely trashy. Ate the recession special at Gray's Papaya, a hot dog chain throughout the city. For $3.50 you get a freshly made fruit drink of your choice and two dogs. The dogs have a very crisp casing and 100% beef. I don't understand the appeal of a dog from the cart when this chain is littered throughout the city.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #290
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

I devoured a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, and a whole tub of mini eclairs last night...in one sitting. And I wonder why my ass keeps getting bigger?

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #291
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I want a clam fritter RIGHT NOW. Ugh... hopefully once I have dinner it will pass, I don't have the money or energy to go get them.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #292
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC reading this thread when you committed yourself to healthier eating aint such a great idea
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 AM   #293
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess I am kicking myself for not getting a photo of my Oreo Blizzard last night. I have been craving Oreos for a couple of weeks and last night I just couldn't resist the temptation any longer. Apparently I picked the right night...there was like a whole roll of cookies in a small size Blizzard. *Happy Dance* I like 'em chunky.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #294
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

*laughing*

Omg, my boss asked me to go get some pork belly, as it's really cheap and excellent for some recipes lol

Sorry I'm almost peeing my pants typing this...*laughing*

So I go this huge piece for 8 bucks...very lean too...well I put the piece of meat on the counter, meat side down, skin up. Well the nipples were still there (laughing) and I said "well I don't need these" so I cut them off. I thought my boss was going to faint lol She said "Omg Brandi I need to leave the kitchen" I said "I'm sorry do you want to save these for a soup or something" lmao She just walked out saying "omg Brandi"

My nick name at work is "nipple snipper" lmao I'm not sure if I typed it funny...but it was definitely a video kodak moment!

*laughing*
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #295
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i looooove A1 steak sauce. mmmmmmmmm.
supersoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #296
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mrs. Fuzzy told me she was PMS-ing. And needed something STAT!

So I just returned with a pint of Haagen Daaz Mocha Chip.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #297
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Mrs. Fuzzy told me she was PMS-ing. And needed something STAT!

So I just returned with a pint of Haagen Daaz Mocha Chip.
Ohhh, I hope the Mrs' fully appreciates that level of service! (I'm sure she does.)

IC that I'm THRILLED that I found a box of Junior Mints. I wanted something sweet (nothing like cookies, etc in the house) and was about to give up, when I noticed the box I bought last week peeking out at me.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #298
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC that I periodically fast (*not* for dieting reasons, but for detoxing and other fruity pursuits) and that I'm on my second day of a 10-day juice fast. And that when I do, I am inexorably drawn to the Foodee board where I stare and drool and growl at all the food pics.

Why can't I just wait to visit this board until after the fast!?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #299
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

IC that the thing I like the most about the Iron Foodee Challenge is the peer review.

I also wish that more would participate.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #300
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

IC that I really miss the 99-cent bags of buttered popcorn I used to buy at CVS. They were one of my main snack-food staples when I lived in Chicago, but none of the CVSes in New York seem to stock them; are they a Midwest-only thing ?
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote