Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 AM   #26
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Three hours after eating TWO fully loaded helpings of Hamburger Helper I was given an offer of a trip to Krystal's, my dad's treat. Seven Krystals w/ cheese and order of fries later I was sated.
What is a Krystals?
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #27
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb
What is a Krystals?
Small hamburgers akin to a White Castle. Just better.

www.krystals.com
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #28
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm starting to crave that sweet special sauce on the BK Stacker. For the past few days I'll have a double with a #1 combo meal. (no onions, no mayo, with mustard and extra pickle)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #29
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have discovered the joy of honey roasted peanuts that have been generously mixed with Louisiana hot sauce.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #30
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess quitting smoking has turned me into a true foodee. I want food constantly. Lack of access has been the only thing stopping me from stuffing my face.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #31
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't fry...anything, period. I can cook stuff in the pan with a little olive oil and salt and pepper... but if you are talking about breaded chicken, pork chops or fish, I am completely flummoxed. I have never made corn dogs at home, or fried up some biscuit donuts or made fries... the idea of more than a 1/4 inch of oil scares the pee out of me.

You want something sauteed, I'm your girl. You want crispy fried chicken, go see the Colonel. What kind of faux country girl am I?
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #32
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Another non-frying Southerner here, Jamie. The only thing I fry is green tomatoes, salmon cakes, and chicken livers, and I never get any of 'em quite right. The whole batter frying thing frightens me, but I'm really eat-horny for some fried Mounds bars, so I may turn my little bachelorette galley into a test kitchen this weekend. Ever since I saw Nigella Lawson fry her up some Bounty bars, I've WANTED.

Quote:
I have discovered the joy of honey roasted peanuts that have been generously mixed with Louisiana hot sauce.
Details, please.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #33
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe

Details, please.
Get a tupperware container , pour in the desired quantity of honey roasted peanuts, shake in a generous amount of Louisiana hot sauce (though if you are using Tabasco I'd recommend a little restraint), cover container with lid, shake container to get a thorugh coating of the nuts,remove lid and enjoy.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #34
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Non frying Southerners? I didn't know such people existed!

Frying chicken and pork chops is pretty straight forward. Season, coat in flour, cook in hot oil on high until both sides are golden brown. Now I am a bit of heretic and I go skinless on my chicken because a) the seasoning is directly on the meat itself , lending itself to a more flavorful bird and b) the chicken comes out wickedly juicy. As for seasoning, my personal favorite Tony Chacere's Creole Seasoning or Spices and Herbs when I want a little more heat. Otherwise salt, black pepper, and maybe a little red pepper if you don't have a particular seasoning blend on hand. McCormick's Chicken Seasoning is quite good and Borner's Fiesta line of seaonings are excellent, as well.

Now if you really want simple and don't wanna screw it up too much, try Tony Chacere's Fish Fry mix on your chicken. It's already seasoned so it removes some guess work on your behalf. My last couple of batches of fried chicken have been made using the the fish fry and the wife and kiddos have just loved it.

Last edited by ScreamingChicken; 08-04-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #35
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Scared of deep frying in oil, lard, or shortening? Join the crowd, and sing with the chorus! Its another shameless appliance plug from the Fuz.

The home deep fryers of the 21st century are here! And its nothing like those fire hazards from FryDaddy. The latest gadgets have filters to trap the smell of oil and grease, lids and view windows, variable temp gauges and the best part, baskets that you lower into and back out of the hot oil with the lid closed.

Look at this number: http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Rival_CZF630 (this is the one I have ). Except for the heating element, everything else is dishwasher SAFE. Its a little more compact that other units, but that also means you'll use less oil.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #36
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Get a tupperware container , pour in the desired quantity of honey roasted peanuts, shake in a generous amount of Louisiana hot sauce (though if you are using Tabasco I'd recommend a little restraint), cover container with lid, shake container to get a thorugh coating of the nuts,remove lid and enjoy.
Sweet, salty, nutty, AND hot peppery? I'm on it. (And it'll be Tabasco.)
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

Old 08-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #37
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Scared of deep frying in oil, lard, or shortening? Join the crowd, and sing with the chorus! Its another shameless appliance plug from the Fuz.
Something that looks like THIS is supposed take the intimidation out of frying? It's the Darth Vader of countertop appliances, Fuzzy. I'll stick with being a scaredy cat, thanks.

And may I have a piece of your delicious fried chicken, please?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #38
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Something that looks like THIS is supposed take the intimidation out of frying? It's the Darth Vader of countertop appliances, Fuzzy. I'll stick with being a scaredy cat, thanks.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Boteroesque Babe again.

*laugh* Well... as long as you don't plug his respirator, you'll be okay.

Actually, there seem to be two fryer colors these days. White and Black. And white gets dingy and dirty looking too fast.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #39
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Luuuke.... I'm your falaaaafel.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #40
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks for the advice Hollerin' Poultry and Fuzzmeister. .

I think I am going to keep my phobia in place. I would rather not end up on the Main Board as a link to a new story about a fat girl who burned her house down and killed her cats trying to fry up a mess of catfish. You know the press would eat that up, and somehow it would turn in to a story about the obesity epidemic.

I will just sit my scared butt down at a restaurant and support the local economy. Or await invitations to other *ahem* people's houses.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #41
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Hollerin' Poultry and Fuzzmeister. .
Sounds like the hosts of a morning drive time show on a country radio station.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #42
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Every time I get food from KFC (maybe 2x a year) I end up saying "WHYYYY???" after I eat it.

Today was no exception.

F'ing gross.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #43
sirumberto
The Master of Bad Haiku

sirumberto has super-sized repsirumberto has super-sized repsirumberto has super-sized repsirumberto has super-sized repsirumberto has super-sized rep

The only thing that I actually fry are my quesadillas. So simple, yet so tasty. With sour cream and homemade guacamole. Ooo ooo, and a good beer.

I think I know what I'm making tonight.
sirumberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #44
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I prolly use my deep fryer more since its such a non-hassle. Its great for egg rolls, french fries, battered catfish, chicken tempura (for sesame chicken), shrimp tempura (oh yeah!), turkey steak, string and wax beans tempura(!), bratwurst, chicken patties, fried twinkies, curly fries, tater babies, battered cod, lil'smokies, battered chicken-deep-fried steak, veal patties, pork cracklins, hot wings, chicken fingers, sopapillas, and more sopapillas.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #45
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I prolly use my deep fryer more since its such a non-hassle. Its great for egg rolls, french fries, battered catfish, chicken tempura (for sesame chicken), shrimp tempura (oh yeah!), turkey steak, string and wax beans tempura(!), bratwurst, chicken patties, fried twinkies, curly fries, tater babies, battered cod, lil'smokies, battered chicken-deep-fried steak, veal patties, pork cracklins, hot wings, chicken fingers, sopapillas, and more sopapillas.

Fuzzy, what are tater babies and what do you do to Lil'Smokies to cook them in a deep fryer?
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:27 AM   #46
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW
Fuzzy, what are tater babies and what do you do to Lil'Smokies to cook them in a deep fryer?
Tater Babies are a thick cut pre-seasoned potato wedge available by the bag in the frozen section at the store. Intended to be baked, tho.

I once saw a famous hot dog place that deep fried all their menu items, that gave me the idea of cooking lil'smokies that way. But not for very long, or they become "crispy critters"
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #47
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Tater Babies are a thick cut pre-seasoned potato wedge available by the bag in the frozen section at the store. Intended to be baked, tho.

I once saw a famous hot dog place that deep fried all their menu items, that gave me the idea of cooking lil'smokies that way. But not for very long, or they become "crispy critters"

Hmm very interesting. I hadn't thought about deep-frying either one of these times, but now I will give them a try. Thanks Fuzzy.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #48
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think I ate the best baked potato of my entire life tonight, and the scary thing is, I cooked it!

I cooked them on the grill, and used that new spreadable Land O'Lakes butter with some salt and pepper to garnish them, then I dug in. It was so heavenly, I had two.

The chicken breast wasn't so bad, either.
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #49
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Since i learned the recipe for twice-baked potatoes... I won't eat just a regular baked one. I'll go thru all the trouble to twice-bake just to have that extra indulgence.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #50
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I like jalapeno battered pepperettes...lol they are deep fried mmmmmm

sometimes...I get extra thick lean bacon...and use jalapeno batter...and deep fry that too lol
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote