Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #76
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And how about those jars of mayo and peanut butter? Do you try to get every last blob and schmear out the jar with a rubber scrapper? You just can't throw away a jar that doesn't look empty?

I'm notorious for that. I'll put ketchup bottles upside down in the fridge, just so I can get that last half teaspoon of Heinz Ketchup!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #77
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
I fuss at my boyfriend if he is carrying the milk in from a trip to the grocery store and does not put it in the fridge before doing anything else...including taking off his coat or setting other bags down. He knows I am a freak about it and almost always puts it away first.

I can tell if the milk has reach un-really really cold state even for a little bit and it bugs me to no end.
I'm with Jamie on this one. I'll pour every one a glass of milk and put the gallon back in the fridge immediately. (And then I'll put ice cubes in my milk to keep it cold. )

Although.. in my years in the grocery business, the delivery of milk and other dairy products are hardly kept ice cold. From dairy to tanker to factory to truck to your local store.. lots of times, pallets of milk are left sitting on a pallet waiting to be put away in another cooler.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #78
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
But does anyone, when making toast, or a sandwich reach past the first few slices of bread at the beginning of the bread sack, and grab a couple of "fresh" slices? Like you don't want the "bad" bread, you want to good bread. Hell, let the rest of the family eat the yucky bread.
Absolutely. Always.

Ditto on the cleaning out the jars thing. And it's the same with batter or anything else that gets mixed up and put somewhere else. It always makes me a little nuts to watch cooking shows and see how they don't scrape everything out of their bowls.

Ditto also on the milk thing. I was a dairy farmer's wife for 23 years so milk stuff is important to me.

Fuz, maybe we were twins in our last life.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #79
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Some of my confessions may sound like George Carlin's routine about food and the kitchen.

But does anyone, when making toast, or a sandwich reach past the first few slices of bread at the beginning of the bread sack, and grab a couple of "fresh" slices? Like you don't want the "bad" bread, you want to good bread. Hell, let the rest of the family eat the yucky bread.
Of course. Every time. Doesn't everyone?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #80
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
And how about those jars of mayo and peanut butter? Do you try to get every last blob and schmear out the jar with a rubber scrapper? You just can't throw away a jar that doesn't look empty?

I'm notorious for that. I'll put ketchup bottles upside down in the fridge, just so I can get that last half teaspoon of Heinz Ketchup!
Yup, me too. But I also do it with shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #81
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Yup, me too. But I also do it with shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc.
Wonder what it is about us that compels us to empty these things so completely?
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #82
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Wonder what it is about us that compels us to empty these things so completely?
I don't know about you, but I was raised by a frugal Mom. So, I still have the tendencies even tho I don't need to be so frugal now.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #83
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Some of my confessions may sound like George Carlin's routine about food and the kitchen.

count me in on this. every time.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #84
supersoup

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i confess that i'm totally baffled by my own cooking "skills" (or lack thereof). i can bake like nobody's business, and can make recipes up on the fly and have them turn out amazing, but ask me to cook dinner and i'm lost. i mean i have several things i cook often and that are really good, but other than those...yuck city.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #85
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I'm 'orrible when it comes to baking. (And yes, I didn't make that scrumptcious yummy cake I keep showing everyone. I enlisted the services of my dear sweetie that's an Ace when it comes to cakes, pies, pastries, biscuits, corn bread, etc. etc. )

However, I'm the opposite of Soupy. I can look at a pantry, fridge, and freezer and make stuff you didn't even know you had, that you've had before in a restaurant, and you'll want my recipe.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #86
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

( Oh Lord, Its hard to be humble. But I'm doing the best that I can... )
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #87
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I think that's a good thing. No reason to waste stuff!

I DO do it way more than most people around me seem to tho. I assume I got it from my dad, who had a depression era siege mentality.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #88
supersoup

Quote:
( Oh Lord, Its hard to be humble. But I'm doing the best that I can... )
psh, shout it from the rooftops, everything you make looks YUMMMMMY!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #89
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess I need a rubber spatular
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #90
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just ordered a case of girl scout cookies.... and I live alone.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #91
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
I just ordered a case of girl scout cookies.... and I live alone.
Put them in the freezer (if you have room) and they last a long time.. (unless you eat them first. )
Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #92
PiscesGirl

PiscesGirl can now change their title

Quote:
Absolutely. I won't eat bread heel lol.
PiscesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #93
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

IC when I prep the water for boiling spaghetti noodes, I add a teaspoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon of dry basil.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #94
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Alton Brown tried to debunk the olive oil in boiling water myth, but I swear it works. Tell him he's wrong, Fuzzy!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #95
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
IC that at one point in my life it very important to me to figure out my favorite brand of ginger ale so I'd stop getting suckered into buying someting I didn't like just because it was the one on sale that week.

I did a proper taste test, controlling variables such as temperature and ice quantity. Little plastic cups, even.

The winner: Canada Dry
I also had a quest for a favorite ginger ale. And you're right on the numbers about the ones on sale, typically the store brand (Sam's Choice, Shasta,etc), and I had a tie: Vernors and Stewart's.

Vernors has a dry, aged taste, and now that Walmart carries it at a decent price, even better. Stewart's Ginger Beer (Soda) is different. Its Spicy! And its not made for chugging. Sip it or else.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #96
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I confess that my favorite creme soda (my brother Steve called it Cake Soda), is no longer produced. Its been replaced by a Red Creme soda that is just too sweet for me.

Barq's French Vanilla creme soda was a wonderful, dry, light, bubbily soda.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:23 AM   #97
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I also had a quest for a favorite ginger ale. And you're right on the numbers about the ones on sale, typically the store brand (Sam's Choice, Shasta,etc), and I had a tie: Vernors and Stewart's.

Vernors has a dry, aged taste, and now that Walmart carries it at a decent price, even better. Stewart's Ginger Beer (Soda) is different. Its Spicy! And its not made for chugging. Sip it or else.
I'm not sure I can get Vernors up here - it hasn't always been available everywhere. My stepmom (raised in Michigan) used to cart a couple cases of the stuff back home to Missouri every time we'd visit her family. The Vernors bubbles always tickle the back of my throat and make me sneeze.

Ginger beer is a whole 'nother thing. Usually you can actually taste the real ginger (which, surprisingly enough, I don't really like). Love Stewart's cream soda, though.
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #98
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

IC that when I go to the deli to order sliced meats I always ask for the rarest roast beef. And when it's been in the fridge for more than a few days and oxidizes (turns all brown) I throw it away. My hubby is frugal and if he found out... he'd be appalled....please don't rat me out.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #99
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Quote:

Guilty on both counts.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #100
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I always do this. My husband will pointedly make "end" sandwiches; I don't know if he's being a martyr or if he's trying to teach me a lesson like, waste not, want not.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote