Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #101
kathynoon
Jersey Irish BBW

kathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticed

One of my buddies and I would have eating days. For hours and hours we would literally drive from one restaurant to another and eat - regular foods followed by desserts followed by regular food followed by more desserts ... . We have not done it in a while, but it was a delicious way to spend a day. Of course by the end of the day, we'd be hurting.

Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for? ... Eleanor Roosevelt

Ideals such as peace, freedom, justice, opportunity and individualism are just dreams without someone to turn those ideals into reality. Let's never forget the debt we owe our fellow citizens.

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
kathynoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #102
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

found this article in the nytimes and thought someone here might find it amusing

he cooks, she stews, its love
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/14/di...756078&ei=5070

mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #103
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathynoon View Post
One of my buddies and I would have eating days. For hours and hours we would literally drive from one restaurant to another and eat - regular foods followed by desserts followed by regular food followed by more desserts ... . We have not done it in a while, but it was a delicious way to spend a day. Of course by the end of the day, we'd be hurting.
Ooh Ooh! I want to be your friend!! That sounds like a WONDERFUL time
Old 02-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #104
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix View Post
found this article in the nytimes and thought someone here might find it amusing

he cooks, she stews, its love
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/14/di...756078&ei=5070

Oh...good article, mejix! I think I could live with an alpha-cook. As long as we can look through cookbooks together, and plan meals, I'd let him take charge of the cooking. I would be in charge of eating.

I've had years of practice.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #105
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Oh...good article, mejix! I think I could live with an alpha-cook. As long as we can look through cookbooks together, and plan meals, I'd let him take charge of the cooking. I would be in charge of eating.

I've had years of practice.
I'm a born Beta cook. I like doing the grocery shopping and I'm a fab baker, but the actual putting together of a meal, getting the timing of all the dishes correct, seems like a pain to me. I'm good with casseroles.

Still, if I if I lived with an alpha cook that criticized my julienning skills? He'd be doing the cutting himself, or he'd learn to shut his mouth. Alternatively, we'd come to understanding that it would be better if I were not handling the sharp instruments.
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #106
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
I'm a born Beta cook. I like doing the grocery shopping and I'm a fab baker, but the actual putting together of a meal, getting the timing of all the dishes correct, seems like a pain to me. I'm good with casseroles.

Still, if I if I lived with an alpha cook that criticized my julienning skills? He'd be doing the cutting himself, or he'd learn to shut his mouth. Alternatively, we'd come to understanding that it would be better if I were not handling the sharp instruments.
Yeah, good point. The criticizing I would have a problem with.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #107
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Interesting article. Mrs Fuzzy and I trade off for certain things. She's the alpha for desserts and bready things.. while I'm the alpha for the rest of the cooking.

And I thrive off of criticism. I don't want anyone settling for anything I do poorly or wrong. While I just better keep my mouth shut if Mrs. Fuzzy is at the helm.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #108
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I should have went with my first choice of a secret ingredient for the Foodee Challenge.

Oh well..hindsight is 20/20.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #109
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I confess I should have went with my first choice of a secret ingredient for the Foodee Challenge.

Oh well..hindsight is 20/20.
I can be very persuasive. Hey! We have a week left! I can make it!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Old 02-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #110
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I can be very persuasive. Hey! We have a week left! I can make it!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
Get it done already..LOL...and yes you can
Old 02-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #111
MisticalMisty

I'VE LOST MY ABILITY TOO COOK THIS WEEKEND..lol

I've screwed up every meal..EVERY MEAL

Time to start all over I guess..lol
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #112
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Dutch oven cooking is my passion.

Me, smelling of charcoal smoke and bbq sauce, is Mrs. Fuzzy's passion.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #113
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Dutch oven cooking is my passion.

Me, smelling of charcoal smoke and bbq sauce, is Mrs. Fuzzy's passion.
Well what are you doing online then? Get off the computer and go have a passion session.>SHEESH
Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #114
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Well what are you doing online then? Get off the computer and go have a passion session.>SHEESH
*hee hee*
Old 02-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #115
MisticalMisty

Quote:
*hee hee*
You married people..always taking nookie for granted If I had a hubby..we'd NEVER be online

LOL

Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #116
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
You married people..always taking nookie for granted If I had a hubby..we'd NEVER be online

LOL

Hey, you'd have to come up for air sometimes!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #117
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm the queen of cheap eating. I love my staples like rice and beans. Delicious. Cheap.

I also hate wasting stuff. Ryan's parents gave us an assload of V8, which neither of us like. Guess who's getting it back in soup form?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #118
MisticalMisty

I wanted ranch dip..and I ended up mistakenly picking up cajun ranch dip

HOLY CRAP..it's so good and I've eaten almost all of it..

I need an intervention
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #119
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I eat slop. There's no way around it. I could say "saucepan haute" or "stovetop casserole" but really, its vegetarian slop.

The menu for the evening:
bowtie pasta in olive oil margerine with black beans, corn, cashews seasoned with peanut sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.

I'd post a picture but as you can imagine, it looks much worse than it tastes.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #120
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am a food snob - given the choice, I will turn down fast food. I don't really care for it.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #121
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I also had a quest for a favorite ginger ale. And you're right on the numbers about the ones on sale, typically the store brand (Sam's Choice, Shasta,etc), and I had a tie: Vernors and Stewart's.

Vernors has a dry, aged taste, and now that Walmart carries it at a decent price, even better. Stewart's Ginger Beer (Soda) is different. Its Spicy! And its not made for chugging. Sip it or else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
I'm not sure I can get Vernors up here - it hasn't always been available everywhere. My stepmom (raised in Michigan) used to cart a couple cases of the stuff back home to Missouri every time we'd visit her family. The Vernors bubbles always tickle the back of my throat and make me sneeze.

Ginger beer is a whole 'nother thing. Usually you can actually taste the real ginger (which, surprisingly enough, I don't really like). Love Stewart's cream soda, though.
My fella is kind of a ginger beer addict. We have cases of these two brands on a regular basis...

He's been looking for Vernors because he's heard good things about it, but we haven't been able to find it.
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #122
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Wowzers... I think I'm gonna continue my quest for ginger beer.

I confess that I'm suffering butcher's block tonight.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #123
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I feel sick that I've dined several times at the infamous rat's paradise taco bell in Manhattan. I finally killed the fast food cravings, reading Fast Food Nation didn't do it, but seeing the footage of dozens of rats on CNN finally did it.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #124
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess that I live through the pictures posted on these threads while I sit at home eating pickle sandwiches.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #125
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default New Diet Pepsi "Jazz" Flavor

Caramel Cream

Yeah, it kinda has that taste.. but it also tastes identical to Diet Shasta French Vanilla Cola. And I swear I can taste a hint of strawberry.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote