Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #1251
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm in dire need of a chocolate fix and payday isn't until Thursday! Waaaaa!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1252
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made a fun little spontaneous dinner last night. I had leftover roasted garlic heads, and some fettuccine and onion. I got some organic chicken breasts, cut them up, browned them nicely and then sauteed them in olive oil with fresh garlic and the onion. I added some pepper, and let little crispy bits build up on the (cast iron) pan. Then I de-glazed the pan, added in the smushed up roasted garlic, a little Worcestershire sauce, a small amount of milk and flour, and I ended up with this delicious wine/garlic sauce that I added the chicken back into. We had it over the fettuccine. SO good!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #1253
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dayum. I'll be there in a few hours.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #1254
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Payday, and I still don't have my chocolate fix! Waawaa!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #1255
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oatmeal raisin cookies that are just shy of being completely cooked are heavenly.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #1256
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dear Renee ( sister ),

What the hell were you smoking. That was waaaaay too much butter for a cream cheese frosting. I knew better, yet I listened to you.

Still feeling the slime on the roof of my mouth,

Monique
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #1257
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Dear Renee ( sister ),

What the hell were you smoking. That was waaaaay too much butter for a cream cheese frosting. I knew better, yet I listened to you.

Still feeling the slime on the roof of my mouth,

Monique
Poor Mossy!

My perfect ratio is the easy one-
one stick of butter
one brick of cream cheese
one box of powdered sugar
one teaspoon extract- vanilla or lemon
a but of lemon or lime zest if I feel like it.

This one is too easy to forget, and my Kitchenaid whips it to the perfect creamy but fluffy consistency.

Hope your next attempt suits you better!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #1258
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
Poor Mossy!

My perfect ratio is the easy one-
one stick of butter
one brick of cream cheese
one box of powdered sugar
one teaspoon extract- vanilla or lemon
a but of lemon or lime zest if I feel like it.

This one is too easy to forget, and my Kitchenaid whips it to the perfect creamy but fluffy consistency.

Hope your next attempt suits you better!
That's what I did. lol I even did a lil citrus peel in it ( orange ). I usually use less butter. But, like a good martyr...I am eating the cake.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #1259
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
Oatmeal raisin cookies that are just shy of being completely cooked are heavenly.
Lol, this reminds me of something that made me laugh loudly here recently. I took my girls to a buffet that had a dessert bar. One of the twins thought she had a chocolate chip cookie but I could tell it was oatmeal raisin...that she doesn't like. My oldest kept trying to tell her that it wasn't chocolate but I shushed her, hoping the twin would suddenly decide she liked a healthier kind of cookie if she would just try it again.....
My hopes were dashed quickly when she took one bite and started yelling EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #1260
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
That's what I did. lol I even did a lil citrus peel in it ( orange ). I usually use less butter. But, like a good martyr...I am eating the cake.
Oh, dear, and there I was imagining you had used the whole pound of butter or something, instead of a stick! To each his own, I guess- just trying to help.
Better luck next time!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #1261
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am not a real donut person. I like them just fine, but for me they are a food that I like really only just when I am exactly in the mood for them and also when they are really really good (as opposed to other foods that I will eat happily in varying situations/degrees of quality).

Now, however, I WANT A DONUT. I want an incredibly good squishy or not squishy well-made, fresh, delicious donut.

This is why they are kind of frustrating foodstuffs, because they *really* have to be fresh to be good and there are no Krispys here to hang around in front of looking for a Hot Donut sign. Or whatever. This isn't a good donut town, period.

So. To note. WANT DONUT. Somebody in Portland or New York or PA or wherever think good donut thoughts for me.

*leaves the Foodee confessional*
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #1262
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

I haven't had a donut in ages. And if I let myself have one, I'll let myself have a dozen, in quick succession.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #1263
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I ordered an eggplant parm hero for dinner. I tore into the bag and found out sauced, baked eggplant slices topped with mozz. & pecorino cheese. the place near me doesn't fry and bread their eggplant. I call shenanigans. I just dialed them up and they explain they make slice it and bake it in their pizza oven with marinara and cheese. shouldn't this very important detail be mentioned on their menu? it was tasty but not what I'm used to at all and not what I wanted. craving FAIL.

Last edited by MissToodles; 10-23-2009 at 04:54 PM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #1264
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Come visit me, Liz. There's a Krispy Kreme 15 minutes from my house and the donuts are always hot.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #1265
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I miss fresh Krispy Kremes!

There are a couple of stores here with very limited flavours and the donuts aren't even warm.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #1266
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

dddddoooooooooonuttttttttttttts

hey - has anybody had the new Fudge Snickers?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #1267
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post

I had one a couple weeks ago while on a road trip. It was good, but I prefer the original. It was super chocolatey though. I missed the nougat and it seemed like there wasn't as much caramel either. It didn't suck, but it wasn't one I would choose if both options were in front of me.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #1268
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post

I feel like I've been cheated or living in an alternate universe...Fudge Snickers? Must.Find.Soon.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #1269
liz (di-va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
I feel like I've been cheated or living in an alternate universe...Fudge Snickers? Must.Find.Soon.
yeah, you gotta stop doing that--living in an alternate universe. crazy lady
Old 10-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #1270
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Liz's post had forced me to break down and confess...

I have never had a hot fresh Krispy Kreme. Not ever.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:54 AM   #1271
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post

They're pretty good, SVS - probably a bit overrated if you've heard hype but definitely good for a corporate donut chain. You must know they're all over in the South.

They tried to expand here into the Bay Area a while back, and for a while were even available in supermarkets, but for whatever reason now only the first shop in Daly City remains.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #1272
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

about 10/11 years ago, Krispy Kremes were popping up all over Manhattan. Now there's only one left and it's in Penn Station (near the Amtrak rotunda). Once in awhile, I'll pretend I'm eating one by heating a glazed donut in the microwave. It almost works.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #1273
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Best doughnuts EVER. From DeLuise Bakery in Providence. Soft fresh warm doughnuts everyday- and the frosted ones are done with REAL BUTTERCREAM frosting.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #1274
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post

IC that while I love KK donuts, I do not like the hot ones. I prefer the glaze to be crispy and the donut firm, or as firm as KK donuts get. But the whole world seems to like hot KK donuts. I am an outcast in all levels of my life.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #1275
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got a caramel/chocolate apple at Cotco and am seriously doubting my ability to wait until after dinner to have it as dessert with the boys. It's so yummy and tempting looking!!