Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1326
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IC - In all my years, I have only now realized that when I break a candy cane and eat it in sections, it is best to break it above my mouth so all the little pieces that shatter off of it fall into my mouth instead of onto the floor.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #1327
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
IC - In all my years, I have only now realized that when I break a candy cane and eat it in sections, it is best to break it above my mouth so all the little pieces that shatter off of it fall into my mouth instead of onto the floor.
Just watch out for some of those slivers. A candy cut on the tongue is almost as bad as a paper cut on the knuckle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #1328
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Just watch out for some of those slivers. A candy cut on the tongue is almost as bad as a paper cut on the knuckle.
This reminds me...

Safety disclaimer about my previous statement:

The aforementioned technique for breaking candy canes may yield jagged candy shards which could fall into your eyes. Wearing of safety goggles is highly recommend when attempting to eat a candy cane in such a manner. This technique is not recommended for persons under the age of 18 unless supervised by an adult. Thank you.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #1329
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I spent 30 bucks on marinated olives tonight.

I have a sickness.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #1330
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I spent 30 bucks on marinated olives tonight.

I have a sickness.
Did you get a lot of olives at least?

Save them for the holidays- that's the excuse I use anyway

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #1331
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Did you get a lot of olives at least?

Save them for the holidays- that's the excuse I use anyway
Not really! LOL I'll take a picture and post it later.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #1332
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

IC that I am eating way too many candy canes. It's like peppermint-flavored crack. I didn't like them that much as a kid, but I love them (and other hard peppermint candy) now. I don't know why.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #1333
MisticalMisty

I created a pie. LOL A cherry cream pie.

I also created a recipe for my notebook. It's purty!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #1334
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

OoooOOOoooo, Misty, that pie recipe looks like it would make a scrumptious pie!

Last night, I was perusing my favorite cookbooks (Kraft, ACC Cookbook -old college cookbook and Famous Brand Names and of course, my binder of cookie recipes) and I wanted so much to be able to make everything that looked good to me. Sadly, I haven't the time nor can afford the ingredients for about 20 different goodies! Sigh! I settled on Fantasy Fudge, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Oatmeal cookies, Ritz Cracker Cookies and Cheesecake. Probably still too much to make tomorrow evening! ha! Oh, forgot to mention homemade Chex party mix!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #1335
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow, new food discovery!

I just made "eggs in a hole" or "eggs in a basket" for the first time ever and it was delish. I will definitely make it again. I even made a version with scrambled eggs and cheese for Burtimus since he's not a fan of The Runny Yolk.

Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #1336
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Miss Vickie, did you make it like they were in that movie "V for Vendetta"?

IC that Christmas cookies and chocolate milk are delicious. I still have the bow on my cookie box

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 12-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #1337
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I confess that as much as I love the holiday food, I almost sick of it already. I have New Years to get though and then I think I am going to eat nothing but oatmeal, fruits and veggies.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #1338
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I really think I could justify buying an egg cooker. I spent an hour yesterday reading reviews about them but am still thinking about it.

And Valentine, I'm with you!

Last edited by rainyday; 06-22-2010 at 10:39 PM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #1339
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
I confess that as much as I love the holiday food, I almost sick of it already. I have New Years to get though and then I think I am going to eat nothing but oatmeal, fruits and veggies.
IC I feel the same way but..........it won't stop me from making big plans to eat out someplace nice on NYE

Old 12-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #1340
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
I confess I really think I could justify buying an egg cooker. I spent an hour yesterday reading reviews about them but am still thinking about it.
Sense won out. No egg cooker. Going to wait for an egg poaching pan instead. It'll last decades longer and avoids cooking in plastic.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #1341
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

LOL. Good for you. I was like ...really? An egg cooker? But I'm a terrible cook, so I couldn't tell whether I was just being ignorant and it was the latest, greatest thing to have.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #1342
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Sense won out. No egg cooker. Going to wait for an egg poaching pan instead. It'll last decades longer and avoids cooking in plastic.
I don't know what's different in an egg cooker opposed to a pan with water, but I'll tell you there's an egg gadget I didn't know about until 2 years ago that I LOVE- removes guesswork about number of eggs, water temp, pan size changing timing. Now I look, and if this "egg" shows it's cooked, the real ones are, too! Am I just the last to know about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Norpro-Egg-Rite-...item35a5b22f49
Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #1343
rainyday
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
LOL. Good for you. I was like ...really? An egg cooker? But I'm a terrible cook, so I couldn't tell whether I was just being ignorant and it was the latest, greatest thing to have.
Heh. Actually I think it's probably an obscure thing to have, but I really would have used it several times a week. But I it's just something else that would take up space on the counter then end up in the landfill a couple years from now when it breaks. A pan will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
I don't know what's different in an egg cooker opposed to a pan with water, but I'll tell you there's an egg gadget I didn't know about until 2 years ago that I LOVE- removes guesswork about number of eggs, water temp, pan size changing timing. Now I look, and if this "egg" shows it's cooked, the real ones are, too! Am I just the last to know about this?
I saw those when I was looking at egg stuff, though for more like six bucks--your price is lower. I'd never seen them before. What is it made of? I didn't try one because it looked like plastic. Sounds like it works really well.

Last edited by rainyday; 12-29-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #1344
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that I have a gift card to Burger King (yes, a gift card to burger king) and I have an incredible hunger for it, but no way to go get it. grrrrrrrr.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #1345
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Heh. Actually I think it's probably an obscure thing to have, but I really would have used it several times a week. But I it's just something else that would take up space on the counter then end up in the landfill a couple years from now when it breaks. A pan will do.

I saw those when I was looking at egg stuff, though for more like six bucks--your price is lower. I'd never seen them before. What is it made of? I didn't try one because it looked like plastic. Sounds like it works really well.
Oh, I'm sure other places have them even cheaper than that- I just grabbed the first example I found. I don't know what they're made of- lucite, maybe?

It's engineered to "cook" like an egg you can see inside, though, so regardless the conditions, altitude, etc., you still get consistent results. The edges go black when heated, and as it closes into the middle, you can tell how cooked all the eggs are by how much red is left. It's flat on the bottom, so it stays in place even in a rolling boil. No more rubbery overcooked eggs, no more softboiled when I wanted hardboiled! I love it.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #1346
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

IC that Christmas cookies and chocolate milk are delicious. I still have the bow on my cookie box
I confess I read this with a naughty mind.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #1347
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess that i'm halfway through making a huge pan of Millionaire Shortbread tonight when I actually planned on making it to share for Christmas.

I wanted a decadent treat all to myself..
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #1348
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

YUMMMMM Those look heavenly I don't blame you for wanting to keep them all to yourself, happy munching.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #1349
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC to laughing when my mother reminded me to give the dog a few black eyes peas for good luck today. Then I thought about it and popped a few in his mouth. Everyone needs good luck in the new year, dogs included.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #1350
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Greenie, the first time I made it, I made it just like that (and in fact that was the image in my head as I made it). The second time, though, my son was here and he felt sorry for the little extra piece of bread and came up with a genius idea. So we beat up an egg and added some milk and drenched the little bread disc in it and fried it up. Voila! French toast! Then the second time, my son wanted the bread that the egg was cooked in dredged into the french toast mixture so we did that, too. That was his favorite. My husband only likes scrambled eggs so I made his with the eggs scrambled and added a little bit of cheddar cheese so it was like an omelet in the bread.

Very flexible meal. And delicious, too. And guess what I'm eating now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
I confess I read this with a naughty mind.
You too?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote