Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #126
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Caramel Cream

Yeah, it kinda has that taste.. but it also tastes identical to Diet Shasta French Vanilla Cola. And I swear I can taste a hint of strawberry.
I'm kind of tempted... but I don't know. I was so let down by the other two.
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #127
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC that I have had a dramatic change in what I eat in the last few weeks. My veggie and fruit intake have skyrocketed, and the vast majority of what I prepare at home is organic. Though not all of what I'm eating is organic, I guess my point was to decrease the amount of hormones and antibiotics I allow into my body.

Here's the thing, I've been way more energetic, and I KNOW this has helped in every area of my life. I know this is going to sound silly, but I mean it: Who knew that true nourishment of one's body through a variety of foods could make such a big difference?

(Hm... this seems a Foodee/Lounge crossover confession post, sorry! lol)
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #128
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
IC that I have had a dramatic change in what I eat in the last few weeks. My veggie and fruit intake have skyrocketed, and the vast majority of what I prepare at home is organic. Though not all of what I'm eating is organic, I guess my point was to decrease the amount of hormones and antibiotics I allow into my body.

Here's the thing, I've been way more energetic, and I KNOW this has helped in every area of my life. I know this is going to sound silly, but I mean it: Who knew that true nourishment of one's body through a variety of foods could make such a big difference?

(Hm... this seems a Foodee/Lounge crossover confession post, sorry! lol)
That's actually really good to know. Maybe we should do a "whole or organic foods" challenge and post our results.

Did you do this because of food cravings (i.e. for fruits and veggies) or was it a conscious decision to change what you were eating?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #129
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
That's actually really good to know. Maybe we should do a "whole or organic foods" challenge and post our results.

Did you do this because of food cravings (i.e. for fruits and veggies) or was it a conscious decision to change what you were eating?
I gotta tell you, it was a little of both. I was craving fresh foods, and home-cooked foods. This, combined with having been sick with *severe* colds/viruses three times since December, and a list of documentaries that I've recently watched discussing some food topics and corporation topics made me want to be intelligent about the choices I was making.
I had a real need to nourish my body, because I was feeling pretty awful and lethargic, and that's really not who I am, or who I am willing to be. After the third cold I kind of snapped, and decided that my body must be trying to tell me it wasn't getting what it needed.

The difference is like night and day, and while I realize the increase in daylight helps, it simply cannot be responsible for all of my newfound energy, and the various other benefits I'm having - better sleep, more mental clarity (admittedly, an ABSOLUTE MUST for my line of work), fewer aches... it's incredible. I'd be SO on board for a whole or organic foods challenge, that would be loads of fun! I'd spend the whole month just trying to figure out what to make though! lol I'm still learning what a lot of these foods are, and what to do with them... if anyone had told me a month ago that I would be eating broccoli sprouts on purpose, I'd have fallen over laughing.
(Sorry about the rather long-winded response here, Everyone.)
Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #130
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

You know OoH, I started taking a multi and some Caltrate-D just recently (yeah I'm an idiot who should have been taking them a long time ago), and I've noticed that I'm sleeping a lot better too. Very interesting.

I love this time of year foodwise. I have strawberries and asparagus in my fridge! And broccoli, plums, grapes and vine tomatoes. Life is good.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #131
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
You know OoH, I started taking a multi and some Caltrate-D just recently (yeah I'm an idiot who should have been taking them a long time ago), and I've noticed that I'm sleeping a lot better too. Very interesting.

I love this time of year foodwise. I have strawberries and asparagus in my fridge! And broccoli, plums, grapes and vine tomatoes. Life is good.
I just started taking a multivitamin about two weeks ago. I too am an idiot who should have been taking them a long time ago! Whatteryagonnado? I am really curious about the nutrition/sleep connection. I know it might be elementary for a lot of people (or most people), but I want to understand what processes that nutrition influences that also have an effect on sleep.
/Bill Nye The Science Guy moment.
Sooo... I'm off to look for some strawberries, now that you've reminded me!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #132
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess for the past two weekends, I have been visiting every single major grocery store in town to find a particular brand of ice cream. I kept seeing billboards for Blue Bell Ice Cream. One of the reasons I miss Memphis so much is because you couldn't get Blue Bell here. I love ice cream, and for me, that is the pinnacle. Suddenly the other day, I started seeing the billboards and got really excited. I went to the website and saw that we should be covered now, but I missed the start date...March 12, so I have been draggin my butt every single place and calling any ones I thought might have it in the outlying areas to no avail.

Until night before last! Yay...woohoo...joy! Kroger finally started stocking it. I am so giddy that I squealed in the store. (I don't advise doing that as it causes one's shopping partner to look very embarrassed). I have had two nights of blissful vanilla with some strawberries or peaches. Is it wrong to be so fanatical that you stalk the ice cream man?
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #133
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
... Is it wrong to be so fanatical that you stalk the ice cream man?
It would be wrong if you weren't sharing it all with us!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 03-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #134
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Morrocan clemetines aren't nearly as sweet and juicy as their Spanish counterparts. Unfortunately, the Spanish ones are out of season. Boo hoo
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #135
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC that even though I agreed to cut out having expensive meals out since we just bought a house I am plotting on how I can do just that, with John thinking it was his idea. Nothing yet.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #136
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
Morrocan clemetines aren't nearly as sweet and juicy as their Spanish counterparts. Unfortunately, the Spanish ones are out of season. Boo hoo
Is that the reason??? I had the most AMAZING clementines last year and this year I keep buying freaking crates of them but they are never ever as good!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #137
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

I would like to do this challenge actually.

Even though I eat pretty much healthy, when I went to the workshop with my co workers..and we only ate whole foods...I could not believe how full I was, and the energy I had. The next day I went back to my eating habits and felt blah...So today even though I had my oero cookies *smirk* I am now making a menu for myself starting Monday. It's not a diet, I'm just going to do the full change over.

Breakfast
Smoothie (fresh or frozen fruit), smoothie infusion added as well.

Snack
Multigrain toasted english muffin with grapefruit

Lunch
Some kind of wrap, lots of sprouts and veggies, probably tuna or chicken/turkey

Snack
Smoothie (same as breakfast) I will most likely stick to blueberries and bananas mixed with the smoothie infusion.

Dinner
Lean meat, whole wheat pasta/rice, veggies

Snack
Bean dip and some crackers.

Graze on pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds through out the day. Max 1 cup of mixed seeds. Even put them in my wrap.

I will do this for two weeks - no cheating lol
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #138
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Wow, Brandi! I'm very impressed! I wish I could do that. I need more time to prepare (in other words, eat tons of crap as tho' each meal was my last.)
Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #139
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Wow, Brandi! I'm very impressed! I wish I could do that. I need more time to prepare (in other words, eat tons of crap as tho' each meal was my last.)
I need all the energy though, I work an 80 hour week with 2 full time jobs...plus a 2 year old I cook for lol and the difference I felt the two days at the workshop was amazing
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #140
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
IC that even though I agreed to cut out having expensive meals out since we just bought a house I am plotting on how I can do just that, with John thinking it was his idea. Nothing yet.
Hahahahah... I have been trying to do that all week. I did get him to agree to Indian for lunch though.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #141
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love McDonalds hot mustard.... Has anyone found anything comparable?
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #142
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
(Sorry about the rather long-winded response here, Everyone.)
Heh. Broccoli (in any form) will do that to you.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #143
saucywench

Quote:
Is it wrong to be so fanatical that you stalk the ice cream man?
It's not wrong at all when we're talking Blue Bell. I've got a half gallon of Homemade Vanilla in my freezer now. There are some great ice cream brands out there, but few can compare to Blue Bell. I love all of the "homemade" varieties--vanilla, chocolate, vanilla with peaches, etc.--but my favorite flavor is pistachio almond.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #144
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
It's not wrong at all when we're talking Blue Bell. I've got a half gallon of Homemade Vanilla in my freezer now. There are some great ice cream brands out there, but few can compare to Blue Bell. I love all of the "homemade" varieties--vanilla, chocolate, vanilla with peaches, etc.--but my favorite flavor is pistachio almond.
OoOoO.. I have never had Pistachio Almond, but I think that might be a favorite of mine too. Lucky girl to live in Blue Bell Land.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #145
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
OoOoO.. I have never had Pistachio Almond, but I think that might be a favorite of mine too. Lucky girl to live in Blue Bell Land.
Blue Bell is ok..but I prefer Braums
Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #146
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Heh. Broccoli (in any form) will do that to you.
Ah ha ha ha ha!
That was good. Hee hee.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #147
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love biting the heads off Teddy Grahams. It's probably one of my favorite things to do!

If I ever get really fat, it'll be off Teddy Graham heads alone.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #148
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I love McDonalds hot mustard.... Has anyone found anything comparable?
No. Not yet. I'm been tempted to break into MickeyD's and steal all their hot mustard! Bwahahahahahahahaha!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #149
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No. Not yet. I'm been tempted to break into MickeyD's and steal all their hot mustard! Bwahahahahahahahaha!
I wonder if they'd sell a case to me..lol I love it.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #150
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I love McDonald's hot mustard.
Are we talking the honey mustard they offer with chicken nuggets? I love the stuff. It's even worth eating the Nuggets.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote