Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #2351
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

lol My eldest boy is in the process of healing from a feeding tube removal. He was getting dehydrated and the doctor said to push the Gatoraid. We got him a pile of bottles. One of the flavors is called Arctic Blue. No actual flavor of food in the name. So we were pondering it, trying to figure it out. Hubs and I both tasted it and it is really sweet but doesn't have a discernible flavor. It's just blue.. So weird lol.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #2352
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I really miss:

-REAL (aka American-style) bacon
-Root beer
-Mexican food - nachos especially
-Graham crackers
-Ranch dressing

All of these are things that can be found if you try really hard/turn in a circle three times in a full moon on a Wednesday/are willing to accept close "substitutes" -- but it's amazing what we take for granted being able to pick up on a simple grocery store run or five minutes to the nearest Mexican food place in the US! Not even a Taco Bell to be had over here.

There is an Authenitc Mexican Place not to far from the City, Taco Bell was here briefly then went bust.

I would suggest trying Red Rooster if you can its pretty good I really wish we had one here.

You can get Ranch dressing at the Supermarket and they do stock Newmans Own not sure if it is what your used to as I am not a fan of it.

Digestive biscuits depends on type I guess something like a shredded wheatmeal might be closest but there are lots of new things to try that are awesome

whats the diff between your bacon and ours?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #2353
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks. Aussie bacon is actually made from a different part of the pig. It's chewier. American bacon is made from the belly fat of the pig, and it's very crisp. It's really very different. I'm not saying I don't like Aussie bacon, too - it's just a whole different thing.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #2354
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Thanks. Aussie bacon is actually made from a different part of the pig. It's chewier. American bacon is made from the belly fat of the pig, and it's very crisp. It's really very different. I'm not saying I don't like Aussie bacon, too - it's just a whole different thing.
Unfortunately, the US Amazon site will not ship food stuffs outside the United States, and associated territories. The UK Amazon site will, but that doesn't help you get American foodstuffs.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #2355
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Unfortunately, the US Amazon site will not ship food stuffs outside the United States, and associated territories. The UK Amazon site will, but that doesn't help you get American foodstuffs.
There's a USA Foods store alllll the way across Aus from us. We can get much of what I was whining about above, lol (including A&W or Sioux City root beer... never had Sioux City, might try it!) but of course it's all astronomically expensive... and no bacon. Sigh. I suppose we could go to a butcher and ask them to cut specifically what we need for American bacon, but... yeah.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #2356
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sioux City is decent. Better than A&W.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #2357
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

The only other root beer I've seen around here is Faygo, which is awful. Even A&W is a win compared to that, lol. Note to self: stock up on Sioux City.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #2358
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm heartbroken to the fact that I am allergic to something in the Flammin Hot Cheetos...
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #2359
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never liked asparagus. I've tried several times, and several times.. no.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #2360
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Canned? Fresh? Steamed? Roasted?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #2361
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Canned? Fresh? Steamed? Roasted?
stir-fried, harvested wild on the side of the road, canned, fresh, you name it, I just don't care for them.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #2362
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

I never liked asparagus either until my mother-in-law served it blanched and roasted with some with garlic and parmesan.... mmmmmmmm.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #2363
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This means more for me!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #2364
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ic that pasta no longer does it for me.. it used to be a staple in my diet but it's become meh on my food excitement scale.. gotta figure out a replacement.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #2365
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
I'm heartbroken to the fact that I am allergic to something in the Flammin Hot Cheetos...
I love Cheetos, but Im so scared of the hot ones! Have you tried the Honey BBQ Frito Twists? Them bitches are like CRACK! SO GOOD.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #2366
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a friend over for a long weekend and while I made dinner, she made a dump cake with only two ingredients. It was an experiment and it was delicious! She just used a box of angel food cake mix and a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice and she baked it until the top was golden. We topped it with whipped cream. Success! It tasted like a very moist muffin.

I think next time I might add brown sugar and cherries and perhaps make it a pineapple upside-down dump cake. The secret though, with this recipe was that it required angel food cake mix, but I've seen others (with other canned fruit fillings or fresh fruit) that used any flavor cake mix.

Dinner was penne ala vodka with garlic sauteed shrimp. We forgot a vegetable but we didn't care. LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #2367
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I had a friend over for a long weekend and while I made dinner, she made a dump cake with only two ingredients. It was an experiment and it was delicious! She just used a box of angel food cake mix and a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice and she baked it until the top was golden. We topped it with whipped cream. Success! It tasted like a very moist muffin.

I think next time I might add brown sugar and cherries and perhaps make it a pineapple upside-down dump cake. The secret though, with this recipe was that it required angel food cake mix, but I've seen others (with other canned fruit fillings or fresh fruit) that used any flavor cake mix.

Dinner was penne ala vodka with garlic sauteed shrimp. We forgot a vegetable but we didn't care. LOL
Dump cake is a wonder to behold. I make a yellow cake and peach dump cake using a 1/2 can of Sprite.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #2368
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Ic that pasta no longer does it for me.. it used to be a staple in my diet but it's become meh on my food excitement scale.. gotta figure out a replacement.
All pasta in general? including the whole wheat and multigrain pastas? spinach fettuccine? cracked black pepper egg noodles? brown rice noodles? chow mein? Kluski czarne (black noodles)?

Or is it a sauce burnout?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #2369
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Quote:

Pumpkin! A small can of pumpkin mixed with a box of any flavor cake mix comes out moist and delicious. I use Spice Cake mix myself - it's nice with the pumpkin, and I make cupcakes out of them. They're always big sellers at bake sales.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 AM   #2370
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I love all of these

Rice (white or brown)
Quinoa
Couscous
Barley
Bulgur wheat
Polenta (this is particularly good with marinara or pasta type sauces/toppings)

???
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 AM   #2371
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I love all of these

Rice (white or brown)
Quinoa
Couscous
Barley
Bulgur wheat

???
How do you prefer your polenta? (most of the time, it has the consistency of grits served by the large spoonful)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #2372
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:

Max loves to make dump cake. We use yellow cake mix, pineapple with juice and cherry pie filling. He makes it all by himself, he feels so accomplished.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #2373
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
All pasta in general? including the whole wheat and multigrain pastas? spinach fettuccine? cracked black pepper egg noodles? brown rice noodles? chow mein? Kluski czarne (black noodles)?

Or is it a sauce burnout?
Basically all the dishes i've made with pasta just don't do it for me.. chinese style, italian and even chili-mac. I eat a few bites and just don't want it anymore. I haven't tried the brown rice noodles i have on hand. I got them just for me since no one else likes them. I'm kind of okay with not wanting pasta anymore. It's not the best thing to eat when you're trying to eat healthier.

I still love brown rice and quinoa.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #2374
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I love all of these

Rice (white or brown)
Quinoa
Couscous
Barley
Bulgur wheat

???
I haven't had couscous in so long! I love it. Polenta is good, i haven't had that in an eon either. I used to make a yummy mexican style casserole with couscous.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #2375
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Pumpkin! A small can of pumpkin mixed with a box of any flavor cake mix comes out moist and delicious. I use Spice Cake mix myself - it's nice with the pumpkin, and I make cupcakes out of them. They're always big sellers at bake sales.
Max loves it when i make cupcakes with pumpkin and spice cake. I don't even frost them. They're always gone quickly in this house.