Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #2426
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My name is Fuzzy, and I'm an onion snob. I always have whole yellow onions and I usually have one or more of the following: red, white, walla walla sweet, green, and shallot.

However, I'm also far too lazy to mince my own garlic. I buy large quart jars of pre-chopped garlic, and those little combo jars of pre-minced ginger/garlic that are perfect for stir-fry.
Ok, the pre-minced garlic is SOMETIMES excusable as I feel like it remains more moist (perfect for stir-fry so there's no burnt garlic ew). However, nothing beats fresh ginger to cleanse the palette between sashimi
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #2427
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I had to google sashimi
Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #2428
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I'm not being a snob, but I feel like frozen onions have no flavor. That's the only veg (off hand) that I must eat fresh. Lol I'm weird. I was raised on onion and gahlic. Lol
These weren't frozen. They were in our local Cash and Carry. (restaurant supply store that's open to the public) They're pretty darned good, i threw a whole bunch in tonights dinner.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #2429
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
My name is Fuzzy, and I'm an onion snob. I always have whole yellow onions and I usually have one or more of the following: red, white, walla walla sweet, green, and shallot.

However, I'm also far too lazy to mince my own garlic. I buy large quart jars of pre-chopped garlic, and those little combo jars of pre-minced ginger/garlic that are perfect for stir-fry.
I usually buy a big 10lb bag of yellow onions at costco and go through a bag or so every month.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #2430
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My name is Fuzzy, and I just inhaled sriracha. My throat is fire.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #2431
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am missing my southern food.....

Just made banana pudding, split the recipe in half and still ended up with enough to feed 10 people. Now I need to find other displaced southerns so we can trade the following

tomatoes and okra
real corn bread
grits
squash casserole
pulled pork
fried chicken
chicken and dressing
greens

sigh........
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #2432
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

luckily I have Cracker Barrel to supply my cravings for southern food
Old 07-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #2433
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
luckily I have Cracker Barrel to supply my cravings for southern food
nothing like that here...... and the complete lack of Tex Mex food is causing me to have withdrawals.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #2434
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've been in this apartment for a year and have just now purchased a garlic press. Now I may actually use all the garlic I buy. Mincing by hand is just too much of a pain in the ass.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #2435
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i was recently in texas to visit my brother for 2 weeks. he bought and cooked a 16 lb brisket. i have never seen one that big and was amazed. it cooked most of the day on his grill. i cut off the fatty part, but the actual meat was delicious.

so the interesting part of the story is that to start his bbq grill he puts a handful of fritos on a paper plate and lights the paper plate. amazingly the corn chips burn fast! it stays lit long enough to catch the kindling. he had mentioned this previously, but to see it in person was kind of disturbing...lol.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #2436
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i was recently in texas to visit my brother for 2 weeks. he bought and cooked a 16 lb brisket. i have never seen one that big and was amazed. it cooked most of the day on his grill. i cut off the fatty part, but the actual meat was delicious.

so the interesting part of the story is that to start his bbq grill he puts a handful of fritos on a paper plate and lights the paper plate. amazingly the corn chips burn fast! it stays lit long enough to catch the kindling. he had mentioned this previously, but to see it in person was kind of disturbing...lol.
That is a godawful waste of delicious corn chips.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #2437
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

That would probably be in the book "100 other uses for Fritos".

To start my charcoal, I use the coffee can method.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #2438
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've been wanting to bake, but if I bake then I'll be tempted to eat whatever I made.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #2439
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I've been wanting to bake, but if I bake then I'll be tempted to eat whatever I made.
I have this problem all the time!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #2440
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Someone has Krispy Kreme on her wishlist.. making want to drive down to the KK store and pick up a few.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #2441
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I want to make a chip sombrero and fill it with guacamole a la Despicable Me 2.. that just sounds awesome!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 PM   #2442
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ic..i cleaned out my freezer today to prep for food shopping this weekend and found an item that was sooo freezer burned/covered in ice that i had no idea what it used to be. my best guess what a piece of meatloaf that i froze as a leftover a million years ago and forgot was in the back of the freezer.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #2443
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Next week, son and I are going to experiment. We're going to make "California-style" burritos. Instead of using beans and rice, we're going to use French fries!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #2444
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
Next week, son and I are going to experiment. We're going to make "California-style" burritos. Instead of using beans and rice, we're going to use French fries!
With? I'm curious... Coney Island style (fries, chili, cheese, onions) or Surf n Turf (steak n shrimp n fries ) or Lebonese ( cucumber, onion, tomato, lettuce, fries, grilled chicken) or...
Old 09-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #2445
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

The tom yum soup was so spicy that it made my nose run and my eyes water. But it tasted so good that I didn't care. It was takeout, so I enjoyed every last drop in the privacy of my home with tears streaming down my face and a pile of tissues by my side. I'm basking in the afterglow of a heavy dose of hot chili oil.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #2446
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm tired of Krispy Kremes :O
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #2447
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I'm tired of Krispy Kremes :O
Is that possible? You might need to stop after the first few dozen.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #2448
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

My name is Fuzzy, and I can't get enough spaghetti. Nope, more than that.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #2449
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm having a "discussion" with someone. He has the position that "Chicken fried steak" tastes like chicken and that's the reason for the term. I say it's because of the technique - flour dredge, egg wash, breadcrumbs or more flour. He's cocksure I am wrong.

I don't have the heart to tell him that fried okra is "chicken fried," too.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #2450
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

last weekend we were driving down to visit our daughter at college. we drive past one of those bread outlet places every time, but this time i asked hub to stop and check it out.

oh my..it was awesome! everything is coming to date, so it was soo cheap. we got whole wheat bread for .50 a loaf. bagels for 1.00 a 6pk.

and the tastykakes...yes, discount tastykakes. between 1-1.39 a box. needless to say i bought a ton of stuff and froze it.

ic...it is thursday and i have already been through an entire box of tandykakes and half way through a box of the peanut butter kandy bars.

thank goodness the rest are in the freezer...maybe out of sight out of mind will help.