Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #2451
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
last weekend we were driving down to visit our daughter at college. we drive past one of those bread outlet places every time, but this time i asked hub to stop and check it out.

oh my..it was awesome! everything is coming to date, so it was soo cheap. we got whole wheat bread for .50 a loaf. bagels for 1.00 a 6pk.

and the tastykakes...yes, discount tastykakes. between 1-1.39 a box. needless to say i bought a ton of stuff and froze it.

ic...it is thursday and i have already been through an entire box of tandykakes and half way through a box of the peanut butter kandy bars.

thank goodness the rest are in the freezer...maybe out of sight out of mind will help.
Nice score!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #2452
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chattanooga's bakeries won yesterday! I got a two foot loaf of Challah bread,a Baguette(still hot from the oven),a tiny little boule made with AH LOT of butter and a giant chocolate boule filled with coconut,chocolate chunks. Later at Whole Foods I bought six giant morning glory muffins...Irish cheddar. Coconut dates...carob fudge.

My confession: I can't be trusted in towns with good carb choices.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #2453
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ic I make cheesy lasagna when the family is at work/school so i don't have to make a huge dish of it..
Old 09-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #2454
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
last weekend we were driving down to visit our daughter at college. we drive past one of those bread outlet places every time, but this time i asked hub to stop and check it out.

oh my..it was awesome! everything is coming to date, so it was soo cheap. we got whole wheat bread for .50 a loaf. bagels for 1.00 a 6pk.

and the tastykakes...yes, discount tastykakes. between 1-1.39 a box. needless to say i bought a ton of stuff and froze it.

ic...it is thursday and i have already been through an entire box of tandykakes and half way through a box of the peanut butter kandy bars.

thank goodness the rest are in the freezer...maybe out of sight out of mind will help.
Tastykakes? <perk> I believe I need to make a road trip.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #2455
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I really shouldn't go shopping when I'm hungry. We all say this, but I never learn.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #2456
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tried a prickly pear for the first time. It was pretty good, however I need to remember gloves next time I pick one out.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #2457
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Tried a prickly pear for the first time. It was pretty good, however I need to remember gloves next time I pick one out.
I've only seen those still growing on the cacti. How is it prepared?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #2458
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's a big one growing at the corner of my house. One of the neighbors collects the fruits to make jelly. Supposedly you can quickly roast the fruit over a flame to get rid of the prickles and then peel the fruit.

The little hair-like prickles are a pain. I accidently brushed against some and got them stuck to my shirt without knowing it. Shirt went into the washer and every other item in the load ended up with little razor points as well.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #2459
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've only seen those still growing on the cacti. How is it prepared?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
There's a big one growing at the corner of my house. One of the neighbors collects the fruits to make jelly. Supposedly you can quickly roast the fruit over a flame to get rid of the prickles and then peel the fruit.

The little hair-like prickles are a pain. I accidently brushed against some and got them stuck to my shirt without knowing it. Shirt went into the washer and every other item in the load ended up with little razor points as well.
Yeah, my boyfriend has made jelly from them and also suggested the flame method of hair removal. I only bought one, not enough for jelly and in the process of selecting my fruit, imbedded the awful little hairs in my skin that took a day or two and repeated hand washings to remove. I looked online and followed their instructions to rinse the hairs off the fruits, slice the skin off, and then just eat the fruit in chunks. It has a delicate sweet flavor that is quite good. However, there are a lot of very hard seeds. I swallowed some and spat some out.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #2460
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ic I want to try that new Little Caesars pretzel pizza
Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #2461
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Ic I want to try that new Little Caesars pretzel pizza
Very strange this pizza... its more "pretzel with cheese sauce" than pizza. There is no tomato pizza sauce. And that pretzel salt was too much.. If they cheese stuffed the crust like pizza slut and the rest was regular pepperoni pizza, it would be much better. I won't repeat this mistake.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #2462
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

KFC is disgusting. That is all.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #2463
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Very strange this pizza... its more "pretzel with cheese sauce" than pizza. There is no tomato pizza sauce. And that pretzel salt was too much.. If they cheese stuffed the crust like pizza slut and the rest was regular pepperoni pizza, it would be much better. I won't repeat this mistake.
That's a bummer!

I confess that i am stuffed from my home made "chicken" noodle soup. It was so tasty. Soup weather is the best!!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #2464
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Given enough hot mustard sauce.. I can eat all the mcnuggets..
Old 09-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #2465
lille

Just bought vegan marshmallows off Amazon. My bf has complained numerous times that I don't eat marshmallows and so for his b-day I'm making a veggie friendly s'mores kit so we can make s'mores together. And I got a few bags so I can taste test ahead of time.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #2466
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Given enough hot mustard sauce.. I can eat all the mcnuggets..
good luck finding it. They discontinued it in most places. If you find some, send me a case! lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #2467
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
good luck finding it. They discontinued it in most places. If you find some, send me a case! lol
WTF? It would appear that I'm behind the times.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #2468
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

butter is about 3.97 to 5.00 a lb here depending on the brand. hence, we have reverted to using oleo. while it is ok for baking or using to fry stuff on top of stove...there is not much taste to it.

ic i am on the brink of paying the 4.00 just to have my delish toast back.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #2469
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Ic i don't think my stomach tolerates indian food anymore I went to the lunch buffet and suffered hard. It's one of my favorite kinds of food. I'm hoping, maybe, home made food will sit okay on me.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #2470
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Depending on recipe, I tend to use coconut oil for all my frying. Its a fully saturated oil with no cholesterol and it has an awesome flavor. However, when making cream gravy I still use butter, and I use a high % vegetable oil oleo when making garlic cheese spread for garlic bread.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #2471
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
WTF? It would appear that I'm behind the times.
I think it was about 6 months ago. I hoarded my very last one...was tempted to sell it on ebay. lol Some say it's back in certain areas. It's the only thing that made McDonalds edible to me.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:31 AM   #2472
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
It's the only thing that made McDonalds edible to me.
After doing a little research on this mustard crisis, Ive read a lot of people comment saying it the mustard made McDonalds edible. If the mustard is the only thing that makes it edible, why are you eating it in the first place?
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #2473
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I have this conversation every time MickeyDs releases the McRib. We all know what it is.. chopped and formed pork with fake ribs with onions and gobs of bbq sauce and pickles (if they remember them). It is NSFW because you will get bbq sauce on your shirt. And there is always the deal that if you pay an extra $1 you can get another McRib. (slobbering noises)

And I buy them anyway. AND.. get a bbq stain on my shirt. Even if I do wear a plain shirt. If McD offered the McRib year round I would probably get over this habit... but not yet.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #2474
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
After doing a little research on this mustard crisis, Ive read a lot of people comment saying it the mustard made McDonalds edible. If the mustard is the only thing that makes it edible, why are you eating it in the first place?
Sometimes, it's the only thing available...especially in rural Oklahoma or Texas. When you're traveling and hungry, you'll eat what's there. lol
Old 10-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #2475
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I have this conversation every time MickeyDs releases the McRib. We all know what it is.. chopped and formed pork with fake ribs with onions and gobs of bbq sauce and pickles (if they remember them). It is NSFW because you will get bbq sauce on your shirt. And there is always the deal that if you pay an extra $1 you can get another McRib. (slobbering noises)

And I buy them anyway. AND.. get a bbq stain on my shirt. Even if I do wear a plain shirt. If McD offered the McRib year round I would probably get over this habit... but not yet.
Lol @ NSFW mcrib; they should make a bib for all the Fuzzy's out there.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote