Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #26
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

I rather have fat-free pretzel sticks than greasy potato chips any day.

I prefer a lightly dressed salad with a little salad oil and lots of rice vinegar.

Well I do love biscuits and gravy, for the most part I pass on other gravies and sauces.

Skinless chicken, every time.

Low-fat turkey sausage; though I don't like the turkey bacon.

Water over any beverage.

Very lean beef; fat on steaks is cut off and fed to the dogs.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #27
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
Diet Coke.

I remember in my early NAAFA days being told that I really don't accept myself because I still drink it. [How pathetic and manipulative was that?!]
I don't like regular colas, though other regular sodas are fine.

What I hate is when I order a big splurge meal, and then a diet cola, because that is what I *want*, and people roll their eyes, or feel compelled to make some comment about the disparity between the drink and the meal.

So many more reactions to this than if I ordered a milkshake.

Ri-iiiiiight, I'm a food hypocrite, assuaging my meal guilt by convincing myself that the diet soda is my concession to "healthy," and it's your duty to tell me about it, in case I didn't notice. Barf.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #28
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
What I hate is when I order a big splurge meal, and then a diet cola, because that is what I *want*, and people roll their eyes, or feel compelled to make some comment about the disparity between the drink and the meal.
Yeah, but it's not legal to slap these people. How is that fair?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #29
PiscesGirl

PiscesGirl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
I don't like regular colas, though other regular sodas are fine.

This is one of my pet peeves.
PiscesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #30
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just tried these "south beach diet" cinnamon raisin granola bars that a friend had and WOW! they are unexpectedly delicious!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #31
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Any cut-up raw vegetable, dipped in Italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette = love.

I concur with Jess about the brewed iced tea. DELICIOUS.

I also love beet roots. :]

AND RED PEPPER HUMMUS <33333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:07 AM   #32
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default those were the days my friend

I remember attending and organizing NAAFA events in the seventies in Connecticut. This thread about diet soda (or diet pop if you are from the Ohio chapter) being the tool of the devil - the weight reduction industry was absolutely prevelant. People from all over the East Coast believed in it. When we had parties it was taboo to have any diet anything. The size acceptance movement was so new.
There was also a widely held belief in something called the set-point theory of weight gain. It went something like this -
Every body has a set point, a weight that your body will gravitate towards. If you try to diet, it won't work, your body's metabolism will slow down and maintain that weight. If you increase your food intake, the metabolism will speed up and it still maintain the same weight. No one should feel guilty if they are fat - their bodies are intended to be that way.
Therefore every NAAFA party was a celebration of the food - since you should obviously enjoy yourself and free yourself from guilt. It was also many other things, social, sexual and political, but I am focusing on the food now.

Nowadays, I agree with freeing yourself from guilt. It may be the gift that keeps on giving, but it is in my opinion more harmful to ones psyche than the positive behavior change that it attempts to give.

But being upset with the Coca Cola Company for making diet coke is not good in my opinion. The product is helpful to those with high blood sugar. But if you don't like it don't drink it.

And I also think that the seventies theory is essentially flawed - calories taken in vs. calories used do have a bearing on body size.

Things have changed quite a bit lately. I guess my theory now is that you are what you are. See the beauty inside you and celebrate it. Don't feel guilty for what you are, find the joy in it. Someone will always see things your way.

This rambled a long way from diet soda.

Last edited by jcas50; 02-20-2007 at 01:11 AM.
jcas50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #33
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love ruby red grapefruits. I love peeling them and opening the segments and eating the juicy bits. MMmmm..I want one!

I also love veggies and lots of fruit.

I like certain yogurts and cottage cheese (full fat versions).
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #34
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I love ruby red grapefruits. I love peeling them and opening the segments and eating the juicy bits.
Ohhh...I LOVE grapefruit. That's a perfect example of food that just got way stigmatized in dietland hehe. But I adore it. I love eating segments like that too, SVS...yum.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
Ohhh...I LOVE grapefruit. That's a perfect example of food that just got way stigmatized in dietland hehe. But I adore it. I love eating segments like that too, SVS...yum.
Liz & SVS... have you heard about baked grapefruit? ITS SO GOOD. It makes it less diet friendly, and is wonderful. It's really simple, top your grapefruit in brownsugar.. (maybe a little ginger and cinnamon, if you so desire) and toss it in the oven. The heat really depends, I leave it in at 300 until I can smell it in the house, and by then I am going to eat it, done or not, because I love it soooooooooo much.
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #36
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I'm on the diet pop parade float also. I love the stuff.

Raw veggies? Yes please!

Its interesting about the pressure folks got about diet pop back in the day. I'd have no clue about it besides reading an 80s anthology on fatness and several of the authors recounted their tales of activism in getting places they were speaking at to stop serving diet soda for a day. I couldn't relate. Very interesting stuff!
I think the diet soda thing is just symbolic. I personally have an issue with the latest diet sodas because of Splenda. Something just strikes me wrong about chlorinated sugars. (my degree is in organic chemistry and I used to work in the pharma industry in drug discovery) Halocarbons tend to be nasty carcinogenic things. This directly contrasts with something like Nutrasweet which is two amino acids and an amino acid-like tail so it's basically an artificial (non naturally occuring) combination of natural components. You could probably genetically engineer a plant to produce it.

That said of course I hate the taste of diet soda... but I don't much care for regular soda either or sweets for that matter. I do like Mexican sodas or special sodas for Passover because they use no evil HFC's.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #37
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypop View Post
Liz & SVS... have you heard about baked grapefruit? ITS SO GOOD. It makes it less diet friendly, and is wonderful. It's really simple, top your grapefruit in brownsugar.. (maybe a little ginger and cinnamon, if you so desire) and toss it in the oven. The heat really depends, I leave it in at 300 until I can smell it in the house, and by then I am going to eat it, done or not, because I love it soooooooooo much.
wow....! I just might try that this weekend. If I do - I'll take pics!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 02-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #38
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate to admit this, because I really appreciate beer in most of its forms. Some breweries make a kick ass light beer that I prefer over the full bodied beer. On a hot day, it washes down easy.

Cottage cheese, growing up getting used to it as my mother went from one diet to the next. I still like it a lot.

Pickled anything. Pickled cabbage, vegetables like celery, cucumbers, carrots, beets, cauliflower, onions, etc.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #39
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactopus View Post
That said of course I hate the taste of diet soda... but I don't much care for regular soda either or sweets for that matter. I do like Mexican sodas or special sodas for Passover because they use no evil HFC's.
I have to admit, I don't like the taste of diet sodas at all, either. And I love sweet Mexican pop like Jarritos or Sidral...yum.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #40
liz (di-va)

I am resurrecting this thread to declare my love of rye crisps! I have to have large staches of this stuff about:

Attachment 31703

It's so the fud of diet-land, I guess, but I dunno, I love it. It's so yummy with just butter, even. Or wif cheese. Or tuna salad. Or dipped into chili or soup. Yum.

Last edited by liz (di-va); 02-09-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #41
bexy
is red again &lt;3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

oooh i love broccoli, cottage cheese, ryvita, tuna and bananas so much!

bananas if u put them in the freezer and then suck on them like a lolly ice its yummy!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #42
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

l love a good salad.

These are health foods I enjoy for the taste over regular versions.

I drink soymilk, enjoy organic granola bars, turkey bacon, fat free or low fat cheese, light sour cream (the full fat is just tooooo thick for me to like anymore) egg whites only, & 100% whole grain or whole wheat bread - to me it has more flavor than bleached white bread. Oh and veggie chips! The ones that are red, green & white, they're made of spinach, tomato, & potato puree's. They're salty & they taste sooo good! I also try to get decaf of anything that is regularly caff because it really doesn't have an effect on me.
CandySmooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #43
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love dubh View Post
Any cut-up raw vegetable, dipped in Italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette = love.

I concur with Jess about the brewed iced tea. DELICIOUS.

I also love beet roots. :]

AND RED PEPPER HUMMUS <33333

hahahah.... someone read my line!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #44
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
hahahah.... someone read my line!
hehe!! I noticed her sig too! Thought it was priceless (and I remember when you said it!)
Old 12-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #45
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love Stoneyfield Farm Nonfat Yogurt in Vanilla and Chocolate and I like my coffee and my tea sweetened with Nutrasweet. Otherwise, diet food blows.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #46
k1009
Cirque du Carnage

k1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 club

I love legumes, perhaps even more than meat.
Vegies! Nothing better than a salad of baby greens, roma tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and lots of black pepper. Oh my, I'm hungry now. Stirfried, steamed, raw or baked vegetables may just be my favourite food group, ahead of sweets even.
I prefer brown rice and wholegrain breads. I've found a delicious pumpkin seed bread that I can eat until I turn into a pumpkin, although eating that many carbs will not put me in diet mode.
Unsweetned greek yoghurt. This is delicious, although somewhat high in fat (but the lady from 'french broads don't stack it' on prefers it). I like to puree frozen mangos or berries and mix them into my yoghurt with lsa or just plain sunflower seeds.
Muesli or porridge, heck anything with oats in it.
Tofu, but not in mutant forms, what is with tofu "meat"?
Out of habit I'll order a skim cappucino in the mornings. It's something I picked up when I'd get coffee for my boss and I in the mornings last year. It was so hard to have one skinny, one full fat and not get them mixed up (I don't function well in the morning) that I'd just go for two skinny.
I prefer pita or bagel chips to regular ones. The fat and carbs probably aren't any different but I know people who think of them as diet food. Very strange. Delicious, though, and much nicer with dips as the salt and oil don't overwhelm the dip experience.

I don't like specific diet foods, low fat anything makes me gag, but foods that dieters are advised to eat, the "healthy" ones are what I was raised on. I just prefer to pretty them up with plenty of fats, olive oil and butter being favourites. And cheese, let us not forget the damage a few slices of mozzarella drizzled with olive oil can do to a plate of tomato and basil. Diet, what diet?
k1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #47
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Cottage cheese, every once in a while I get a serious craving for it. I prefer large curd, but regular is just fine.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #48
liz (di-va)

Man, I have to say...to each his own (which is the point of this thread!) but I just can't get with the veggie chip phenom. LOL Yich. Give me potatoes or give me, um, well, nothing. But that's just me.

I had celery and a hot fudge sundae for dinner the other day...thought about this thread LOL. I love bein a grownup.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #49
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep

There's not a lot of diet foods I really like but cottage cheese is really one of them. Especially on cream crackers with raspberry jam. Others tell me that's a weird combination but I just love it.
And I like low-fat yogurt ice-cream aswell, especially during the summer with a fresh fruit salad. But that's about it, I don't eat diet products or the like often. Ofcourse I do like (no LOVE) my veggies, but they're not diet but regular food if you ask me. I eat veggies every day. And I love all kinds of salad, especially the ones with a lot of toppings and dressing.
Windigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #50
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Most every day I eat broccoli, brown rice, cubed tofu with my own spicy teriaki sauce. Double protein and no one will steal it out of the fridge since it's tofu lol.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote