Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #51
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

FYI... Mine was 2 nights. The first night they wired me up and monitored me. Then about 2 weeks later, they did it again, but this time I had the mask and CPAP. It still sucked..... LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
If you want to do it "legally" you have to get a sleep test, which your primary doc refers you to. For me, that was the worst part, just because I'm not the type that does well sleeping in beds that aren't my usual one. But it's usually only one night - if they determine you have apnea in the first half of the study, they'll hook you up to a CPAP for the second half and titrate you (ie, determine what pressure you need) for the second half. Insurance covers this as well.
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #52
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

LOLOLO..... I don't know about pretty, but I do live in Ohio.... and FREE???? I think I missed that train... LOLOL

Hey, as skeptical as I am about this, I'm holding faith that it will work for me...eventually. Everyone is different. I keep expecting overnight results...for me, it just take a little longer. I'm just hanging in there until I have my "Oprah - full circle moment".... it'll happen....

Besides... I may be pretty, but I think you are beautiful...so you've got me beat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Yeah but you're pretty and you live in Ohio. Pretty girls in Ohio always get stuff free.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #53
Violet_Beauregard

Are you SURE you're not a medical professional???? BRAVO for learning all this information. It's helpful to you and what a help you've been to me!! Not to mention everyone else!!! Wow......

Quote:
For anyone perusing this thread in the future (the following taken from a post on cpaptalk.com):

Here's a list from Wolk R, Somers VK. Cardiovascular consequences of obstructive sleep apnea. Clin Chest Med. 2003;24:195-205.

Medical Consequences of Sleep Apnea

Cardiovascular consequences of OSA
hypertension (high blood pressure)
heart failure
atherosclerosis (heart attacks, angina)
atherosclerosis (stroke)
atrial fibrillation
ventricular arrhythmias
pulmonary hypertension

Other consequences of OSA:
trauma (traffic accidents)
glaucoma
snoring spouse syndrome
diminished libido
in children: illness like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
in children: slowed growth

Other associations with OSA:
obesity
obesity syndromes, such as Prader-Willi syndrome
polycystic ovary disease
renal failure
hypothyroidism
Marfan syndrome
Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
post-polio syndrome
gastro-esophageal reflux
worsening of epilepsy

The following is from http://pennhealth.com/sleep/newslett...r06/heart.html

Quote:
With sleep apnea, very high levels of the stress hormone epinephrine are released hundreds of times each night. This “fight or flight” hormone puts a tremendous strain on the heart, blood vessels and other organs and also disrupts sleep. This may be one mechanism by which sleep apnea can injure the heart and blood vessels.

The National Guidelines (JNC VII) used by physicians to treat high blood pressure list OSA as a major cause of refractory high blood pressure. Recently, more worrisome connections linking OSA to an increased risk of stroke and heart attack have been published. Even after eliminating other risk factors, those with OSA are much more likely to suffer either a stroke or heart attack making sleep apnea a potent risk factor that should be aggressively treated. Sleep apnea is also associated with a variety of other cardiovascular disorders including heart failure, atrial fibrillation and sudden cardiac death.

List of common symptoms of sleep apnea:

Possible Symptoms of Sleep Apnea

• loud and frequent snoring
• periods of not breathing (apnea) during sleep, snorting, gasping, or choking during sleep
• need to urinate during the night
• awakening tired in the morning, morning headaches, daytime or evening fatigue or lethargy
• daytime or evening sleepiness when sitting or inactive, drowsy driving or falling asleep while driving
• performing actions automatically or by rote, limited attention, memory loss
• poor judgment, personality changes
• weight gain, early onset of high blood pressure, severe leg swelling
• especially in children, hyperactive behavior.

More possible hints of sleep apnea:
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma
• heart abnormalities, stroke
• high blood pressure that doesn’t respond to medication
• acid reflux or GERD
• diabetes
• deviated septum (cartilage separating the nostrils going off midline)
• bruxism (teeth grinding)
• adult bed wetting
• irritability, mood changes, anxiety, depression
• procrastination, difficulty acting on plans or finishing projects, diminished work performance
• social withdrawal, neglected relationships
• less interest in sex, sexual dysfunction
• persistent recurring dreams of struggle and failure
• the ability to fall asleep two or three hours after getting up in the morning, and/or long naps in the afternoon, and/or sleeping nine or more hours a night
Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #54
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nope, I'm not a medical professional - just a good researcher. I pretty much had to be. I got stuck with an incompetent doctor and DME. My treatment got off to a very rocky start, thanks to that.

I didn't sleep well during either of my studies (I had two, too by the way - they didn't get enough data during the first four hours of the first study to just hook me up to a CPAP then and there). I kept telling the tech I didn't sleep at all, but he kept saying 'your brain waves don't lie. you slept just fine.' When they titrated me - same thing. So when i got my machine, I used it all night, ever night from day 1. I was determined that I was going to let this thing help me. But I kept feeling suffocated. I kept telling the doc I didn't think my pressure was high enough - I couldn't breathe. But he kept saying "your titration study was flawless. I'm not upping your pressure."

So I stayed at the same pressure for 8 months, and felt no better at all. Finally, I found CPAPtalk.com and learned about the existence of Auto-adjusting machines. My sleep doc (the one that read my sleep study and refused to up my pressure) refused to prescribe me one. He said that autos didn't work, and that they only responded to apneas AFTERwards, and so did no one any good at all. I showed him several studies published in NEJM and JAMA and the like proving that autos are quite beneficial, and, showing that, while they originally were questionable in the way they worked when they first came out, they had been updated and improved so much that patients oftentimes did better on them than they did in having a lab titration study and put on straight CPAP. He still refused to even consider it. So I went to my GP back home, who wrote me an RX for an auto machine then and there. I took my used CPAP to the DME, gave them the new RX, and traded it for my brand new auto.

The auto showed that (surprise, surprise) I had been BADLY undertitrated. I actually require a pressure of 11 to keep my airway open. I was titrated at 6. In CPAP pressure, that's a HUGE difference. Ever since I found my auto, and found the mask that actually lets me sleep comfortably, I'm doing SO much better. Ironically, and not surprisingly, when my GP asked my sleep doc for a copy of my titration study, that study had mysteriously "disappeared." Sometimes the best thing we can do is make sure we're in charge of our own health, and not let our doctors take over the reins entirely. Doctors are human, too. Just MHO.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #55
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You are so right BBM. Years ago I learned that with doctors you have to tell them what you want, not ask for it. I was going through a medical thing years ago and several people told me that but I figured the doctor answered to no one. I've learned my lesson good. Granted that I've done my research and what I'm asking for is not poisonous or harmful I've learned to always insist or go elsewhere.

Quote:
Nope, I'm not a medical professional - just a good researcher. I pretty much had to be. I got stuck with an incompetent doctor and DME. My treatment got off to a very rocky start, thanks to that.

I didn't sleep well during either of my studies (I had two, too by the way - they didn't get enough data during the first four hours of the first study to just hook me up to a CPAP then and there). I kept telling the tech I didn't sleep at all, but he kept saying 'your brain waves don't lie. you slept just fine.' When they titrated me - same thing. So when i got my machine, I used it all night, ever night from day 1. I was determined that I was going to let this thing help me. But I kept feeling suffocated. I kept telling the doc I didn't think my pressure was high enough - I couldn't breathe. But he kept saying "your titration study was flawless. I'm not upping your pressure."

So I stayed at the same pressure for 8 months, and felt no better at all. Finally, I found CPAPtalk.com and learned about the existence of Auto-adjusting machines. My sleep doc (the one that read my sleep study and refused to up my pressure) refused to prescribe me one. He said that autos didn't work, and that they only responded to apneas AFTERwards, and so did no one any good at all. I showed him several studies published in NEJM and JAMA and the like proving that autos are quite beneficial, and, showing that, while they originally were questionable in the way they worked when they first came out, they had been updated and improved so much that patients oftentimes did better on them than they did in having a lab titration study and put on straight CPAP. He still refused to even consider it. So I went to my GP back home, who wrote me an RX for an auto machine then and there. I took my used CPAP to the DME, gave them the new RX, and traded it for my brand new auto.

The auto showed that (surprise, surprise) I had been BADLY undertitrated. I actually require a pressure of 11 to keep my airway open. I was titrated at 6. In CPAP pressure, that's a HUGE difference. Ever since I found my auto, and found the mask that actually lets me sleep comfortably, I'm doing SO much better. Ironically, and not surprisingly, when my GP asked my sleep doc for a copy of my titration study, that study had mysteriously "disappeared." Sometimes the best thing we can do is make sure we're in charge of our own health, and not let our doctors take over the reins entirely. Doctors are human, too. Just MHO.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #56
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Don't Even Go There!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Beauregard View Post
LOLOLO..... I don't know about pretty, but I do live in Ohio.... and FREE???? I think I missed that train... LOLOL

Hey, as skeptical as I am about this, I'm holding faith that it will work for me...eventually. Everyone is different. I keep expecting overnight results...for me, it just take a little longer. I'm just hanging in there until I have my "Oprah - full circle moment".... it'll happen....

Besides... I may be pretty, but I think you are beautiful...so you've got me beat!!
Hahaha!!!, don't know about pretty?, try "drop-dead gorgeous",
then, Violet!!!
Laughing Too
Hard To Type,
Edgar

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #57
Les Toil
On Timeout

Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sometimes during the night my sweety's CPAP mask will reposition itself causing that loud "WHOOSH" sound in addition to her snoring. I'm torn between waking her so she can readjust the mask and not bothering her so she can continue to sleep while I put ear plugs in. When I tell her in the morning her mask was slipping slightly during the night, she insists I wake her and tell her so she can sleep properly. It's just that when I wake her to tell her, she's startled and grumpy and it gives me the imprerssion I've interrupted her sleep. And the poor woman has purchased numerous masks hoping there'll be one that stays in place.
Les Toil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #58
-X-

-X- can now change their title

Sorry to hear that Les Toil, but thanks for all the information and experiences thus far. Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.”

- Musashi Miyamoto (1584?-1645)
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #59
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry to hear she's having so much trouble, Les. But the snoring thing is not good. CPAP should be STOPPING her snoring entirely. If she's snoring, it means either her pressure isn't high enough, or (if she uses a nasal mask) she's mouth-breathing. If she's mouth-breathing, she's losing that pressurized air from her mouth, and so it's not getting into her airway to keep that airway open. That's definitely not good. She'll need a full face mask.

If she already has a full face mask and she's still snoring, that means her pressure isn't high enough, and she needs to talk to her doc.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs

Last edited by BigBeautifulMe; 02-21-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: I put "mouth breathing" instead of "still snoring." Doh.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #60
Violet_Beauregard

WOW!!! Well, you definitely were smart to educate yourself and it has paid off. I hope I do half as well as you. They set my titration at 7 and I think that's OK. My boss is at 10. I'll see how it goes tonight.

Quote:

Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #61
Violet_Beauregard

Edgar, you're fast becoming my biggest fan, I think.....

Thank you for the lovely things you say......

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Hahaha!!!, don't know about pretty?, try "drop-dead gorgeous",
then, Violet!!!
Laughing Too
Hard To Type,
Edgar
Old 02-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #62
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Biggest Fan

Quote:
Edgar, you're fast becoming my biggest fan, I think.....

Thank you for the lovely things you say......
You're very much welcome, Violet. Think about it, though, at 400lbs, I
could easily be your biggest AND heaviest fan. 400lbs of love is a lot!!!
HUGGZZ and Loving
Thoughts,
Edgar

Old 02-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #63
Violet_Beauregard

LOL... You're right about that!!

Quote:
You're very much welcome, Violet. Think about it, though, at 400lbs, I
could easily be your biggest AND heaviest fan. 400lbs of love is a lot!!!
HUGGZZ and Loving
Thoughts,
Edgar
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #64
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Think Of It This Way

Quote:
LOL... You're right about that!!
Think of it this way, though. I'm not your average muscle and bones
man, I am a most luxurious hug and cuddle.................. Bad boy, stop that!!!
Real HUGGZZ,
Come Get 'em,
Edgar

Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #65
Violet_Beauregard

Default Day 4 - Getting better

Well, Day 4... a little better. Not so much discomfort while sleeping last night. I think I'm getting used to it. I'm not dragging AS MUCH when I wake up, so I think I'm getting there.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #66
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

That's EXCELLENT news, Vi! Congratulations!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #67
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Amen

Quote:
I'll echo that with a hearty AMEN!
HUGGZZ,
Edgar

Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #68
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Apnea

Originally Posted by Friend
I only have sleep apnea when BBMe sits on my face. Do I still need CPAP?

Hahaha!!!, my BiPAP works great, but I have episodes of apnea
when I'm dreaming about Violet, does my machine's software need to be
updated?
Breathless,
Edgar

Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #69
Violet_Beauregard

Yep, I'm encouraged. I think with time, it will improve.

Thanks so much for the good wishes...they're so helpful!

Quote:
Quote:
I'll echo that with a hearty AMEN!
HUGGZZ,
Edgar
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #70
Violet_Beauregard

Edgar you better get that checked..... LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend
I only have sleep apnea when BBMe sits on my face. Do I still need CPAP?

Hahaha!!!, my BiPAP works great, but I have episodes of apnea
when I'm dreaming about Violet, does my machine's software need to be
updated?
Breathless,
Edgar
Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #71
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Are these things expensive? Does insurance cover them? Sounds like a big deal.

It depends on if you are an insurance company or not. To buy one on your own, there are many excellent machines out there for under a grand. But when the insurance companies get involved the price frequently triples or quadruples. For that reason, many insurance companies throw up a lot of roadblocks for any kind of sleep testing/treatment/equipment. Ten years ago it took almost a year of hassles, and a false start with one supposedly approved sleep clinic that was later rejected by the insurance company. With both my original CPAP and later my BiPAP, rather than the insurance paying for the machine outright I had to go through a year of kind of a "rent to own" situation...for the first year, I had to pay a monthly rent on the machine (If I remember right the last one was $63 per month) then at the end of the year, the insurance company bought it for the grossly inflated price.

Last fall, I noticed my BiPAP was beyond it's hours of life expectancy, so I started checking into what the hassles were going to be to replace it. I'd hoped that things had smoothed out in the last 6 years...no such luck. It will still cost me almost as much in a years worth of rent to own payments, before the insurance will kick in, than it will for me to buy it outright myself. At this point I've resigned myself to just having to take a credit card hit and buy a better machine myself, than go through the insurance hassles to get a bottom-of-the-line machine.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #72
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
It depends on if you are an insurance company or not. To buy one on your own, there are many excellent machines out there for under a grand. But when the insurance companies get involved the price frequently triples or quadruples. For that reason, many insurance companies throw up a lot of roadblocks for any kind of sleep testing/treatment/equipment. Ten years ago it took almost a year of hassles, and a false start with one supposedly approved sleep clinic that was later rejected by the insurance company. With both my original CPAP and later my BiPAP, rather than the insurance paying for the machine outright I had to go through a year of kind of a "rent to own" situation...for the first year, I had to pay a monthly rent on the machine (If I remember right the last one was $63 per month) then at the end of the year, the insurance company bought it for the grossly inflated price.

Last fall, I noticed my BiPAP was beyond it's hours of life expectancy, so I started checking into what the hassles were going to be to replace it. I'd hoped that things had smoothed out in the last 6 years...no such luck. It will still cost me almost as much in a years worth of rent to own payments, before the insurance will kick in, than it will for me to buy it outright myself. At this point I've resigned myself to just having to take a credit card hit and buy a better machine myself, than go through the insurance hassles to get a bottom-of-the-line machine.
Thanks everybody for the information and advice, it has been really helpful and encouraging. In case anybody is keeping score I finally made my appointment for a consultation. It's not till March 30, plenty of time for me watch and write notable stuff down to tell the doctors. They may say, "Nah, you're not one of us," and then I'm free to go but at least I've got it out of the way. Thanks again.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 02-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #73
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default question

I know I should really go for a study but in the meanwhile here it is:

According to my boyfriend, I don't snore at night but rather breathe quite loudly but never gasp for air or stop breathing. I know I have terrible short term memory, can't remember for the life of me small things and an hour later will remember but that could be the hashimoto's and being unmedicated. Do all apena sufferers snore ?
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #74
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
I know I should really go for a study but in the meanwhile here it is:

According to my boyfriend, I don't snore at night but rather breathe quite loudly but never gasp for air or stop breathing. I know I have terrible short term memory, can't remember for the life of me small things and an hour later will remember but that could be the hashimoto's and being unmedicated. Do all apena sufferers snore ?
That's a good question Miss T. I too have the same issue. I am exhausted all day and I don't snore, only on my back. Last night just for shits and giggles I took allergy meds, decongestant and rinsed with a saline nasal spray to see if maybe breathing easier improves my sleep and danged if I don't feel better today and actually woke up and made it to work on time. Might just be simple allergies and not apnea but it's at least an idea for you to toss around with the other stuff you've been looking at.

@~;~~
Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #75
Violet_Beauregard

Wise decision Lilly. At least you'll know one way or the other!

Quote:
Thanks everybody for the information and advice, it has been really helpful and encouraging. In case anybody is keeping score I finally made my appointment for a consultation. It's not till March 30, plenty of time for me watch and write notable stuff down to tell the doctors. They may say, "Nah, you're not one of us," and then I'm free to go but at least I've got it out of the way. Thanks again.