Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
Tawny Madison

Tawny Madison has said some nice things
Default BBW and SSBBW....?

At what weight (or weight range) do we go from being a BBW to a SSBBW? I have been called both and I was just wondering which term is right for me?

*hugz n kissez*
Tawny
Tawny Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
GPL
Master Member

GPL does more than just post hot picsGPL does more than just post hot picsGPL does more than just post hot pics

I guess being a ssbbw "starts" around 350lbs or 150kg I guess. We talked about it before in the old boards system.
I guess it also depends on a womans build and/or height, too.
Please let me know if you have a different mind...

GPL.

Avatar used with Tina's permission, ty Tina!
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My understanding was that at one time women's clothing sizes were more neatly deliminated. Sizes up to 13/14 were regular sizes, carried in regular stores. Sizes 15/16 through 26 were plus sizes, carried in plus size stores. Sizes 28 and up were first of all almost non-existent, and were clearly something beyond plus sizes, sometimes called super-sized.

Of course, now Lane Bryant and other plus sizes stores carry at least up to a size 28, many regular stores carry Xl/size 16, if not bigger, and beyond that sizes have tended to inflate by an inch or more.

For a woman of average height, going into a size 28 used to typically happen somewhere in the vicinity of 300 pounds, I believe. Now probably a little heavier with size inflation.

In other words, the line is not precise, but somewhere around being a size 28 or much over 300 pounds (and average height) is probably how most people see it. Of course, some FA push those numbers higher (I've seen guys say that SSBBW doesn't happen until 400 pounds), because what they consider as fat and really fat is a lot bigger than what most people would think.

-Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW does more than just post hot picsChickletsBBW does more than just post hot picsChickletsBBW does more than just post hot pics

ok... i'll post on this one..

I consider myself an ssbbw.. however (believe it or not) I have had FA's tell me that I'm not an ssbbw because I wasn't fat enough (haha.. ok) I don't give my weight but I'm 5'1 and I consider myself an ssbbw because of my size.

I kinda think it all depends on how you see yourself. But this is just my 2 cents.
Whatever your size.. just be confident in who you are.. makes life much better
Old 12-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #5
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawny Madison
At what weight (or weight range) do we go from being a BBW to a SSBBW? I have been called both and I was just wondering which term is right for me?

*hugz n kissez*
Tawny
The conventionally accepted idea for SSBBWs is for them to be 350 lbs or more. Frankly, I see no need for differentiation because fat is fat. But who is or is not supersized is simply an unnecessary matter of nomenclature. Fat is fat.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fat may be fat, but sometimes labels are needed to give order to an inherently chaotic world. That said, I'm sure that one could use the BMI scale to determine the line between BBW and SSBBW and BMW or whatever if one really wanted to.

Does it really matter? Probably not.
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
Tawny Madison

Tawny Madison has said some nice things

Thanks everyone who answered. I don't really care if I am a bbw or ssbbw....I am me and that's all that matters. That and I am happy the way I am.

*hugz n kissez to those who accept them*
Tawny
Tawny Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #8
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Again must I post my response. For that, we are all punished to give different answers every time.

Until about 2002, I was under the impression that supersize meant a weight of 500+. At that point in time I was corrected and told that "most women" will start calling themselves SSBBWs around 300+.

However, I've seen 150-pound women calling themselves BBW, so it probably won't be long before all women of all sizes, shapes and tonnage will call themselves SSBBW and not know what it means.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think the super-sized part is just something tacked on to larger (I generally consider this around 350lbs, but height is obviously a factor) women to differentiate from the now throngs of women online who call themselves BBW and they weigh 180lbs or 200lbs, etc. I am supersized, no doubt, most of my friends are, and Chicklets - I agree, you are in my eyes. Your build "reads" as supersized to me.

By definition, sure, they're BBW (bigger than the "world" thinks they should be), but I think the SS addition helps interested guys find the "bigguns" from the smaller set, if that's what they're looking for.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #10
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

350 for a woman of normal height. I'd deduct about 10-15 pounds per inch shorter than 5'5". By the same token, I'd add the same for a taller woman, given that the weight is spread around more on them. Sure, they're big, but not proportionally super-sized.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #11
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticed

I've been told I'm teetering right on the line between bbw and ssbbw. I'm 5'9" and around 360, though my weight is spread out and I have a fair bit of muscle too. However, like most of you, I don't get hung up on lables.

~Aurora
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #12
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickletsBBW
ok... i'll post on this one..

I consider myself an ssbbw.. however (believe it or not) I have had FA's tell me that I'm not an ssbbw because I wasn't fat enough (haha.. ok) I don't give my weight but I'm 5'1 and I consider myself an ssbbw because of my size.

I kinda think it all depends on how you see yourself. But this is just my 2 cents.
Whatever your size.. just be confident in who you are.. makes life much better
I've had them tell me the same thing! I'm 5"3 & over 350lbs...I guess it just really is whose looking at you
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:20 AM   #13
31mike

31mike has said some nice things

Does it really make a difference??? Is a 340 less beautiful than a 350? Its just a label. I almost never refer to SSBBW or BBW. You are all lovely at any size
31mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 AM   #14
Emma
Panda.

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been called an SSBBW quite a few times. But I don't really consider myself to be (feel a bit of an imposter! LOL)

I find it's the UK FA's that call me SS and the americans that say I'm not LOL
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:26 AM   #15
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx
My understanding was that at one time women's clothing sizes were more neatly deliminated. Sizes up to 13/14 were regular sizes, carried in regular stores. Sizes 15/16 through 26 were plus sizes, carried in plus size stores. Sizes 28 and up were first of all almost non-existent, and were clearly something beyond plus sizes, sometimes called super-sized.

Of course, now Lane Bryant and other plus sizes stores carry at least up to a size 28, many regular stores carry Xl/size 16, if not bigger, and beyond that sizes have tended to inflate by an inch or more.

=
-Ed
Ed (and everyone else) The lane bryant website (lanebryant.com) associated with the store is now carrying extended sizes in certain styles. Like the Avenue, they go up to size 32.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #16
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticedAurora never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Ed (and everyone else) The lane bryant website (lanebryant.com) associated with the store is now carrying extended sizes in certain styles. Like the Avenue, they go up to size 32.
The store does? That's wonderful! I was disappointed because I'm currently at their (what I thought was) highest size, a 28. *yeys*

~Aurora
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #17
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

only through their website. I believe old navy is carrying extended sizing through their website, too.

edited because I found the link
http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.co....aspx?attr=910

Extended sizing includes a 12! Poor size 12 as if you can't find it anywhere. nope, nosiree

Last edited by MissToodles : 12-13-2005 at 05:12 PM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #18
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Was so excited upon reading this as I love LB's clothing but after visiting the store's website it appears the highest size is still only a 28. The catalog goes higher but IMO the quality isn't quite the same. I'll stick to The Avenue and keep my fingers crossed for the future.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #19
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Again must I post my response. For that, we are all punished to give different answers every time.

Until about 2002, I was under the impression that supersize meant a weight of 500+. At that point in time I was corrected and told that "most women" will start calling themselves SSBBWs around 300+.

However, I've seen 150-pound women calling themselves BBW, so it probably won't be long before all women of all sizes, shapes and tonnage will call themselves SSBBW and not know what it means.

Frankly, I think SSBBW should start around 300.

With our society's needless, senseless obsession with weight loss, I'm not surprised to see 150 lb women labeling themselves BBWs. I'm on BBW Datefinder and I see average size women on there. This does not make sense.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #20
loves2laugh

loves2laugh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

i read somewhere online that at 240 i am considered a plumper. what the hell that means i have no idea but evidently there is something behind this whole labeling.
loves2laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #21
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If a woman considers herself a BBW, she's a BBW. If she considers herself a SSBBW, she's a SSBBW.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #22
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The 'rule of thumb' I've always heard around here is that over 300 and the woman is an SSBBW, under and she's not. Not that it matters, really.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #23
toffeechick64

toffeechick64 has said some nice things
Wink

im 5ft6 295lbs i wear a size 26-28 i consider myself bbw/ssbbw
toffeechick64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #24
Angela

Angela has said some nice things
Default SSBBW here

Well, I am 5'5" & 373lbs right now, & I definitely consider myself an SSBBW. Im also a foodee/gainer.
Big Fat Hugs,
Angela
http://fatterdaysahead.blogspot.com
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #25
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default where's Zinkdink when you need him?

Back in the early-mid 90s when we were all on 3 bps modems and Dimensions was still an ink-on-paper kind of thing, a dude named ZinkDink had an incredible website that was like the World Almanac of FAdom. He had a name and beautiful description for every possible fat deposit on the BBW body and photo illustrations as well. As I remember, he also had a chart of a dozen or so categories, from plump to "ultrasize" with allowances for height to weight ratio.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote