Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Question Question!!! Regarding my signature...

I put a link to my site in my sig. I guess this is one of those shoot first apologize later things, but is that alright to do and still be involved in discussions other than those on the Paysite board?

Thanks for the info.
Hugs,
~Buf
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We haven't had a clear answer on that just yet, Buffie.

For now, most girls have been following the old rules, and just unchecking the "show signature" option that appears below the box where you type out your post if you're on a board other than the paysite - but others are not doing that.

So yeah, I dunno! LOL
Old 10-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
We haven't had a clear answer on that just yet, Buffie.

For now, most girls have been following the old rules, and just unchecking the "show signature" option that appears below the box where you type out your post if you're on a board other than the paysite - but others are not doing that.

So yeah, I dunno! LOL
Love that user label, AnnMarie! As for signatures, I still haven't been able to figure out how we could most easily handle that. Ideally, signatures could change depending on what forum you post in, but that option is not available in vBulletin. So for now I guess we'll hope that paysite people vixens to turn off their sig when posting here, but the occasional transgression won't be considered a capital type of offense
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, Conrad! I appreciate it.
Hugs,
~Buffie
Old 10-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Love that user label, AnnMarie!
Why thank ya, Mr. B.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Talking

You're always so clever AM! Looks and brains... bitch. LOL Just kiddin. Ya know I luv U!

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

if you already are posting links to your site on a regular basis at the paysite board, it seems pointless to have a signature that links to your site and only use it there. i don't know, maybe i'm wrong. i'd think it'd be easier to just have something else for your signature, and just regularly post links to your site with your updates and whatnot.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforsuperman
if you already are posting links to your site on a regular basis at the paysite board, it seems pointless to have a signature that links to your site and only use it there. i don't know, maybe i'm wrong. i'd think it'd be easier to just have something else for your signature, and just regularly post links to your site with your updates and whatnot.

That's my plan.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffie
You're always so clever AM! Looks and brains... bitch. LOL Just kiddin. Ya know I luv U!

LOL, why I oughta!!

Hope you guys get back out to see us soon!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #10
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

I hadn't thought of that! Eeek, I'll have to remember to turn it off from now on

Last edited by HeatherBBW; 10-14-2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: signature removed
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #11
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

Annnnd being the dork I am, I forgot to turn it off that time! Sorry guys! I'll learn!
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuptami
Annnnd being the dork I am, I forgot to turn it off that time! Sorry guys! I'll learn!
You can actually go into your posts and edit them and unclick the "show signature". A few girls have accidentally added their signature to non-paysite board posts. I am hoping to email them if Mr. B gives me the green light along with the posts where the signature is showing.

It took me awhile myself to get it down, but now I try my best to unclick the signature, but I have still made the mistake.. so I just go in and edit it right away.
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #13
MissMirandaRae

MissMirandaRae can now change their title

why not just make it so that if we link to an adult site in our sig we have a thing that says something like "adult site warning click at own caution" or what not in the sig with the links.
MissMirandaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #14
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMirandaRae
why not just make it so that if we link to an adult site in our sig we have a thing that says something like "adult site warning click at own caution" or what not in the sig with the links.
I think the purpose of Conrad not wanting the paysite girls to post their links in the other areas outside of the paysite board is so that their participation is genuine and so that others won't feel like they are being bombarded by ads.

Not positive, but think that is the case when we all moved from the weight board to our own board long ago.

Hugs,
Heather
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 AM   #15
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Red face This IS, after all, an adult site.

As part of a very long post to Conrad on Sunday, I stated my feelings on this subject, as follows:

"I understand there's a little controversy over the signatures of those of us who use the Paysite Board to publicize our websites. It seems to me that it's a bit cumbersome to try to remember to turn off your signature every time you post on another board, especially for those of us who often post on several boards. And what happens when you forget? Will we be banned? With my hectic schedule, I often forget things, due to all the other demands on my time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Might I suggest some alternatives? Why not allow us to have links in our signatures, but no banners/photos? Surely that would solve the problem. If somebody wants to click on a link, it's up to them, but a link isn't "in your face" like other types of advertising. Surely the people who got fed up with the increasing spam and advertising on the old Weight Board, which brought about the creation of the PSB, can't complain about this. One of the other forums in which I participate limits site owners to a certain number of lines in their signature, but they also allow small banners. Perhaps a limit to the number of lines allowed for posting links in a signature, and no banners would be the answer?

I currently have favorite quotes in my signature, as well as a link to my website. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with this, and suspect there are those on other boards who'd be happy to utilize these links if they knew they existed. Let's face it, there are those who think of the Paysite Board as something distasteful, which it isn't, of course, but they avoid it because of this preconceived notion. This is an adult forum, so let's be adult about it and allow people to make up their own minds about whether or not they want to click on a website link.

Another option might be to automatically have separate signatures for the Paysite Board and all the other boards, but I doubt that's a software option. Perhaps another poll is in order?"

If I tried to remember to delete my signature every time I posted on anything but the Paysite Board, I'd also lose the quotes I have there. Frankly, I love the fact that we can have those quotes, and enjoy reading everybody else's. Obviously I'm not about to rewrite my signature every time I post, depending on which board I'm posting, as that would be a ridiculous waste of time. On the other hand, while I understand the thought behind it, I'd really like to see us be able to retain our sigs, as long as we're respectful and not "in your face" with them. I suspect that most people, once they've gotten accustomed to the boards, probably tend to automatically overlook and scroll past the sigs anyway.~Bountifully, Fuchsia

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #16
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW
I think the purpose of Conrad not wanting the paysite girls to post their links in the other areas outside of the paysite board is so that their participation is genuine...
You've very well expressed what I was thinking, Heather. Present company excluded, of course, but I remember the old days [ol' BB stops rocking to put her knitting down and pull the blanket up over her legs] when ladies with paysites where coming to Dimensions solely to advertise. When told they'd have to also participate, they complied, with empty-ish, gum-smacking, just-enough-to-obey-the-rules posts in order to increase the number of times their links appeared to the great many people reading the Weight Board.

It watered down the discourse (putting it mildly), and while I didn't think it was worth sending them to a new board, it proved to be a good move for all involved, especially the Paysite ladies.

I agree with you that allowing signature links might do that again. The responsible ladies here care too much about their reputation to do it, but the rules to prevent abuse by those who don't care, should be enforced uniformly.

Besides, isn't there an unspoken rule on the Paysite Board that one doesn't post a link in another's thread? Keeping your link in your posts and profile would take care of that, too.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse

Last edited by Boteroesque Babe; 10-04-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #17
FEast
Bountifulicious!

FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Lightbulb Think I might have a solution...

It just occurred to me that we could put what we want in our signatures, but omit any link to a commercial site. Then, when we post on the Paysite Board, we can easily add any link we like in the body of our posts. Waddya think?

I just went and deleted the Bountiful website link from my sig (as you can see below), as I suspect there's more chance I'll remember to add the link to my PSB posts than to delete my sig every time I post elsewhere.~Bountifully, Fuchsia

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Besides, isn't there an unspoken rule on the Paysite Board that one doesn't post a link in another's thread? Keeping your link in your posts and profile would take care of that, too.

Yes, there absolutely is and on another forum that many of the PS girls frequent, the signatures in the picpost section have been disabled for ALL, just so that will not be an issue.

I haven't put links in my signature, and at this time don't plan to do so. I can easily post a link to my site when I post my updates on the PS board, so there is really no reason for me to have to think about clicking it off 80 percent of the time, so that it's on there 20 %.

Obviously everyone's going to have a different method to get it done, but I'm just choosing to err on the side of caution because I'd really hate for anyone to think my motives for posting are anything less than 100% sincere. And I'm certainly not saying that would be the case for a girl with a signature link, the perception is all I'm trying to avoid.

I have a link in my profile, so if someone wants to see my boo-tay, they'll figure out where to find me.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #19
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Default D'oh!

I just realized that my suggestion was basically the same as Waiting's, just worded differently. Ah, well, I suppose great minds think alike. I just wasn't clear 'til now what Waiting meant, but on a reread I understand it. Sorry, Waiting! I feel like such a dimwit! ~Bountifully, Fuchsia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEast
It just occurred to me that we could put what we want in our signatures, but omit any link to a commercial site. Then, when we post on the Paysite Board, we can easily add any link we like in the body of our posts. Waddya think?

Old 10-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #20
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How about posting links to other people's paysites in our sigs? I could stand to pick up some decent advertising dollars if I offered my otherwise unused signature as an internet billboard...

... funny, I sensed a disturbance in the force after I typed that. Guess it's not a good idea, after all...
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #21
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
How about posting links to other people's paysites in our sigs? I could stand to pick up some decent advertising dollars if I offered my otherwise unused signature as an internet billboard...

... funny, I sensed a disturbance in the force after I typed that. Guess it's not a good idea, after all...

LOL... funny!!

Conrad has ammended the paysite board rules to include that any signatures containing paysite links should be turned off when posting anywhere other than on that board. Hopefully the models will read that, because I'm noticing them EVERYWHERE now.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #22
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, Conrad could appoint a few sig-killing moderators who don't mind deleting wayward linkages.

This is not a link to my paysite. That link is in my profile...
Old 10-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #23
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Well, Conrad could appoint a few sig-killing moderators who don't mind deleting wayward linkages.

This is not a link to my paysite. That link is in my profile...
LOL... I may have to steal that line... but I know I wouldn't be the only one.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #24
fatlane
Starting Arvist

All signatures copyright 2005 and on, Fat Lane Online. Unauthorized duplication without express written permission from Fat Lane Online is probably going to happen, anyway. This is the Intenet, for Pete's sake...
Old 10-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #25
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Now it's official. So there.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.