Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
adam

adam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What happened to Sabrina of BUF?

I used to be a subscriber to her small newsletter...had a few of my drawings published there many years ago...I recall she was advertised as being
45"-45"-45" which I thought at the time unusual...I wasn't a true fan per say...just sought as much as I could find back in those days on BBWs.
Anybody know of her here?
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Dinner with Sabrina Video

That was a great vid! She really seemed to expand during a 'restaurant' meal with the viewer as date, then took 'us' home and poured chocolate syrup over her seriously full belly; totally enjoying it...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
adam

adam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I never saw that video.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
I used to be a subscriber to her small newsletter...had a few of my drawings published there many years ago...I recall she was advertised as being
45"-45"-45" which I thought at the time unusual...I wasn't a true fan per say...just sought as much as I could find back in those days on BBWs.
Anybody know of her here?
That was a very long time ago. Sabrina had quite a following and was probably one of the best in what she did. If she was indeed a 45-45-45, which I doubt, then that was the curviest 45-45-45 anyone could possibly be.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
adam

I was a subscriber on and off of Dimensions Magazine back then too...anyhoo...I did a google search...didn't find anything about Sabrina...oh well.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things
Default She's Moved On

Sabrina has moved on with her life. Although she got a thrill from gaining a few pounds, she was totally freaked out by the super gainers that now dominate the scene. She's still an admin at an accounting firm and prefers to remain anonymous.

Angie
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #7
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Yup...I have both versions of that video...

...prized possessions...about the only things that survived from them days...Sabrina and I were writing back and forth a lot during her gaining days...I remember the thrill of getting a letter from her now and again...sigh....those were innocent and good days back then..Sabrina, Belly Busters, FFI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
I never saw that video.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie O'Plasty
Sabrina has moved on with her life. Although she got a thrill from gaining a few pounds, she was totally freaked out by the super gainers that now dominate the scene. She's still an admin at an accounting firm and prefers to remain anonymous.

Angie
You are well informed.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #9
adam

very much so.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
hvetic

hvetic has said some nice things

would it be horrible to ask where i can see these old pics of her "gaining days"?
hvetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
adam

good luck on that one.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things
Default Hmm

I'll ask her the next time I run into her. However, I think those days are a distant memory she's put behind her for good.

Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvetic
would it be horrible to ask where i can see these old pics of her "gaining days"?
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed

That video was made back in 1984, and I remember how amazed I was when I watched it. She truly was a pioneer.~Bountifully, Fuchsia
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
interesting monster

interesting monster can now change their title

Her name is so familiar, and I had quite a few issues of Buf back in the day...
But for the life of me I cannot get a visual on her. Now you got ME googling her too!

thanks a lot!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 AM   #15
dragorat
Fat & happy Rodent..:)

dragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging indragorat makes people happy simply by logging in

I agree she was a lovely lady.I have the issues in question of BUF.I fondly remember the photo set she did in the stream...
Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

AJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized rep

Like many of you, I have fond memories of Sabrina from the early '90s.

I may have told this story before, but Sabrina was my first fat girl. Prior to her, I'd never been attracted to women any degree of large. I was a lifelong boob man and that's about the only feminine quality that ever drew my eye. Yet something about Sabrina captivated me from the moment I set eyes upon her.

It was a cold February afternoon in 1990, shortly before my 21st birthday (and literally half my lifetime ago). I was getting off the subway at 16th St. in New York City and heading to my NYU dormitory near Union Square. It was then that I spotted Sabrina gracing the cover of a BUF magazine in the subway newsstand. I found myself surprisingly taken with her -- those golden curls, those ruby lips, that beautiful face... and a belly like none I'd ever seen on a woman. It was big, it was round and it stuck straight out, in defiance of both convention and gravity.

And I COULD NOT BELIEVE that it was actually turning me on.

That was it; that moment right there. It was just such an odd sensation for me, finding myself attracted to a woman who was so fat. Prior to that, I hadn't realized it was even possible to be aroused by a fat woman. In retrospect, Sabrina was actually quite tiny in comparison to the paysite models of today, weighing in at a mere 200 lbs. I suppose you could call her my "gateway drug," as I would eventually date women much larger in years to come. Needless to say, I returned to my dorm that day $4.95 poorer, hiding my new purchase from my college roommates.

Sabrina only did a handful of BUF layouts over the next few years but she soon became one of the magazine's most popular models. Keep in mind, this was long before the advent of the internet, when the only way to peek at such sexy fatties was by trolling the local newsstand and hoping that a new issue of BUF would appear every couple of months. I too owned Sabrina's wonderfully homemade "dinner date" video and subscribed to her "Food for Thought" newsletter. I was even fortunate enough to correspond with her briefly and it was always a thrill to get one of her replies in the mail.

But as others have pointed out, it all came to a hault sometime in the late '90s when she suddenly disappeared from sight, never to model again. Surely, it was a great ride while it lasted and she will always hold a special place in my heart for being my "first." If not for that initial exposure to a sexy big girl, I'd likely never have been inspired to produce the album I recently released, featuring name rock talent paying musical tribute to fat gals everywhere (see link below).

Anyway, thanks for allowing me a moment to reminisce. That's my Sabrina story and I'm sticking to it.

AJ!

PS: One more thing...

I recently came into contact with Sabrina for the first time in almost 15 years and she says to say hello.

Um... more later.

Last edited by AJ!; 03-24-2011 at 03:55 PM.
AJ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #17
Dansinfool
Are we their yet!

Dansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging in

Thanks for bringing back some good memories. I also still have many issues
of Buf from back in the day. Sabrina was the first BBW who ever corresponded with me and published some of the letters I wrote in her column.
She was always sweet and kind. I'm glad to see she is doing well.
Always a Sabrina fan
Old 04-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #18
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

AJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized rep

Someone just pointed me toward a website that sells vintage men's magazines, and amazingly, they have a scan of the cover I mentioned above. As such, I am sharing it here for purposes of illustration.

I haven't looked at this image in at least 10 years but it still has an undeniable of a hold over me. By today's standards, Sabrina looks positively tame and tiny! I remember thinking at the time that it would be "okay" if I ended up liking girls her size, but that I would NEVER be attracted to women like 500+ lb. Teighlor (also featured in the issue). In fact, I ended up carefully unstapling the magazine and throwing away all but the Sabrina pages, since I didn't even want to look at the other girls... especially the enormous Teighlor. Later that year, Teighlor was featured again in a new layout -- weighing even more than before -- and to my great surprise, and she looked QUITE good to me indeed. Clearly, my newfound "fat admiration" would prove to be the gift that kept on giving. But getting back to Sabrina...

Since there are not terribly many of her old photos online, I'll need to see if she's amenable to sharing some more recent pictures of herself. For now, I hope my fellow Sabrina fans enjoy the following blast from the past.

Last edited by AJ!; 04-07-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

UPDATE!

More than 5 years after this thread was started, we at last have an answer to the all-important question... "What happened to Sabrina of BUF?"

Check out the following link for the latest on this long lost lady.

And yes, there are pictures.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=84197

PS: If there's anyone else we're looking for, let's start looking now so we can find her by sometime in 2016...
Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

And last but not least... a word from the lady herself.

Sabrina SPEAKS! Former BUF Babe Breaks her Silence!
http://www.DimensionsMagazine.com/fo....php?p=1705752

Last edited by AJ!; 04-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #21
The Original Sabrina

The Original Sabrina has said some nice things
Default Hmmm.....

Well I'm looking at the past posts from this old thread & I see I need to clear a few things up:

@ Adam from 2005- thanks for posting this original thread. It's nice to know I'm still thought of after all these years.

@ Ned Sonntag- I remember you Ned. Still got that video? Yes, I really ate the w-h-o-l-e thing!

@ Webmaster from 2005- yes I really was a bizarre 45-45-45. When you took the correct measurements around the bust, mid waist & hips, they all came out the same. I still had normal womanly curves. Elsewise I would've looked like a bowling ball.

@ Angioplasty from 2005- "Sabrina has moved on with her life. Although she got a thrill from gaining a few pounds, she was totally freaked out by the super gainers that now dominate the scene. She's still an admin at an accounting firm and prefers to remain anonymous." ~~ 1) I don't know you and don't know where you got your misinformation. 2) I was NOT 'freaked out' by super gainers. I was quite happy with my individual style. I had a falling out with BUF after they kept running my photos and not compensating me. 3) I have never been an administrator & have never worked for an accounting firm!

@ Obesus- Glad to see you still have my video(s). I wonder how many still have them? You may be interested to know I am putting out a 20th Anniversary Edition of said video which will include new footage of me from present day.

@ FEast- That video was NOT made in 1984. It was made in 2002 as is mentioned on the copyright page at the beginning of the video.

@ Dragorat- I am planning on doing updated "Then & Now" photos of that same stream shoot. FYI.

@ Angioplasty from 2006- Next time you run into your "fake" Sabrina, punch her for lying and impersonating me! The only thing I've put behind me is more weight on my behind!

@ Dansinfool-
The Original Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Sabrina View Post
Well I'm looking at the past posts from this old thread & I see I need to clear a few things up:

@ FEast- That video was NOT made in 1984. It was made in 2002 as is mentioned on the copyright page at the beginning of the video.
Oops! I haven't the slightest idea where I got that date. As usual, I must have been thinking of other things as I typed, and had a senior moment. Of course it was shot in 2002. I knew that then and I know that now. Please accept my sincere apologies. Good luck with the 20th Anniversary Edition. I suspect your fans will be thrilled to learn that you're back and producing an updated version.~Bountifully, Fuchsia
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
The Original Sabrina

The Original Sabrina has said some nice things

@ FEast- Ha! Fail. I find I'm having them more & more as time goes on. How are you?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: What happened to Sabrina of BUF?

I remember that particular old issue of BUF Magazine, from the olden days.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #25
Dansinfool
Are we their yet!

Dansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging in
Default The Original Sabrina

Hey there Sabrina..... Nice to see you on here. Glad to see your doing well.
Yes .....I was a Sabrina fan back in the day( LOL thats sounds so old).
I have many of the Buff issues with you in it. I use to write to your column.
I believe it was called "Ask Sabrina". You were the first to ever correspond back to me So, thank you. It was nioce that you actually ineracted with your fans. So now it comes full circle and your fans are still here.
Thank you once again. I'm still a fan. Good luck in all you do.

Michael