Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Talking How many of us are there?

I am honored...to be amongst the very first to post to this historic new board....for foodees...as I enjoy my special surprise hot and spicy pasta, it is appropriate to ask a simple question.....how many foodees or independent gainers or whatever you wish to call yourselves are there out there...as I stare in to the night looking East, I wonder....and perhaps there are many more that might answer than we expect....to all of you....Bon Appetit! Viva le gluttonage'!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
I am honored...to be amongst the very first to post to this historic new board....for foodees...as I enjoy my special surprise hot and spicy pasta, it is appropriate to ask a simple question.....how many foodees or independent gainers or whatever you wish to call yourselves are there out there...as I stare in to the night looking East, I wonder....and perhaps there are many more that might answer than we expect....to all of you....Bon Appetit! Viva le gluttonage'!!
I think this will be a popular place

I mean food.. who doesn't love food! Grrrr... dinner is being made as we speak.. steak, potatoes, veggies with butter, italian bread... yum yum.
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Talking Oh gosh......

I better go make some more pasta...your post just gave me a total hunger attack!! LOL I think this will just be tremendous fun! Your dinner sounds just yummy as heck! Enjoy!
Timmy
PS...the hidden surprise in my surprise pasta...is Mexican hot sauce! It works surprisingly well!! LOL...and I use an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing with lemon-pepper instead of the usual tomato sauce.....very exotic and I am on my second 8oz serving! Yikes...!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wooo hoo!! I love food!!!

This should be a great place, we could even start up a pinned recipe thread and stuff.... could be a wealth of info!!

Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

i'm definitely not a "foodee" by any stretch, but i do love trying new foods, going to new restaurants, and especially cooking new and different things.

i really like the idea of having a recipie thread, but it'd be best if it stayed just recipies.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #6
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK - speaking of food.....

There's a new Italian restaurant that opened near us - Johnny Carino's. We've eaten there several times, and haven't gotten a bad meal yet.

Anyone else tried them yet?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:57 AM   #7
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

*raises hand*

I wanted to become a better cook so I turned to the internet for guidance. I got addicted to Food Blogs and egullet. Most of the food bloggers treat the kitchen like their canvas and take everything seriously from salt to butter to the presentation of the meal.

I still don't cook much or well, but I am a devoted food blog follower (especially our group cupcake blog on flickr).

Great idea for a forum, Randi.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 AM   #8
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Post Count me as a Foodee

Big Foodee Here- Pun intended. I truely believe that every food has a time and place of its own. I can remember the last meal I ate a certain resturant better than where I left my car keys last night! It is all about the important things!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 AM   #9
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My name is Sue, and I am a foodoholic.

It's hard to explain, but good food gives me such a buzz it's almost erotic. Heck, it is erotic, and I'm almost always hungry. Every day I thank goodness to live in such a land of plenty where I have the luxury to eat whatever I want, and be obese. We usually have lotsa snacks around the office too, which I have been known to shovel in. As an office manager, my staff sure knows how to kiss up. They also know I'm usually in a realllly good mood after lunch.

Hubby & I go out to dinner a couple times a week too. I'm also a halfway decent cook, and the smell of all the ingredients blending together is a major turnon in itself. Purrrr. Big woman, big appetites.

Now if you'll excuse me, some bagels are calling my name. Life is good.

PS. (a couple hours later): Right next to the above bagels, someone had brought in a coconut cream pie! Decisions, decisions. If they thought I'd to eat a slice of pie for breakfast ... they're right (blush).

(kinda reminds me of eljay's avatar: "When come back, bring pie")

Last edited by TallFatSue; 10-04-2005 at 06:44 AM.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #10
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love to cook and subscribe to Cook's Illustrated (my bible!) and Gourmet which has gone in the direction of lifestyle magazine. Anyway, I live with my boyfriend who thinks entermann's is the height of culinary goodness and hates my stinky cheese collection in the refrigrator. I prefer schafferberger chocolate to hershey's anyday http://www.scharffenberger.com/ egullet is good but I prefer chowhound to find local haunts.

Last edited by MissToodles; 10-04-2005 at 06:35 AM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:38 AM   #11
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Indian food. I am SO into Indian food. It's the heat and the spices. So help me, I think they're psychoactive in my metabolism.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #12
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I'd like to contribute..I've got some ideas

I've seen quite a few great links on the world wide web regarding recipes.

I even have a book called 1001 incredible things to do on the internet (from A-Z) that even has information about nutrition, food, junk food....you name it!

I'll try to post some cool websites later.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #13
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Food, glorious food!

I love food! I'm a terrible cook though. I have to find my food elsewhere like restaurants, takeout and delivery. I've been trying to learn new stuff but 9 times out of 10 it comes out tasting like shoe polish.

Thank God for Mom.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #14
curvluver

curvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescurvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
I love the idea of this board. I count myself as a foodee (unfortunately not a very good cookee though....). Anyway I love sampling new food wherever I go, but I definitely enjoy spicy Thai food... and tasty French Food, or great Italian food (okay... I just love food...).

Anyway I think this would be a great way to share our experiences (and recipes).
curvluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #15
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Oh yah!

What a brilliant idea this board is!

There is eating because you are hungry, then.....there is real eating. That feeling of anticipation, the bliss as you start digging in, savoring the flavors and textures, the simple joy of swallowing, the contented purring of the stomach as it gets filled with wonderful food. *swoon*

I've never really had a place to let these feelings out before, will be interesting to see what revelations about myself I find here

-Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #16
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx
There is eating because you are hungry, then.....there is real eating. That feeling of anticipation, the bliss as you start digging in, savoring the flavors and textures, the simple joy of swallowing, the contented purring of the stomach as it gets filled with wonderful food. *swoon*
Purrrr. Now enjoying my lunch-induced buzz back at the office. My department knows that my usual early-afternoon state of nirvana is a good time to request stuff from me, but luckily so far nobody has gone overboard.

Sue
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #17
Angela
On Timeout

Angela has said some nice things
Default Im a definite foodee

Hi Everyone,
I am Angela, 33. 5'5" 348lbs & a definite foodee. I am an active weight gainer & LOVE food. I am totally obsessed with eating & my short term goal is 450lbs. I have an incredible love for huge heavy bellies..mine is currently 66" standing & I love feeling if hang against my thighs & sway when I waddle around. I have a blog where I chronicle my gaining..it is at http://fatterdaysahead.blogspot.com Feel free to check it out.
Big Fat Hugs,
Angela
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love food!

But it has to be GOOD food - I don't eat junk - well not much. Except Cheese doodles.

I am a good cook - ask Wayne. I make the best meatballs and Lasagna and I can cook German food too. Pork and Sauerkraut and potato dumplings. Yuuuummy! Being German and Italian I figure I got the best of both worlds!

Problem is here in southern colorado there aint much really good restaurants.

HUbby is a good cook too. I'm a lucky girl.

My favorite food in the whole world - that I would eat every single day if I could is - Spaghetti and Meatballs - my own homemade sauce and meatballs! OH YUMMY!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #19
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been called a "foodie" before. Not sure how that relates to a "foodee" though.

I guess I could fit in here. My French professor in college told us that there is a difference between "nourriture" and "cuisine". Nourriture is people-feed and will nourish the body and keep you alive but not much else. Cuisine is food to be enjoyed which nourishes not only the body, but also nourishes the senses. I try to avoid people-feed at all costs and make every meal a treat for the senses nowadays.

Not only is it more pleasureable, it just makes me feel better.

Tracy
Tracyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #20
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Nice Profile Pic Tracy!

You're either an oldtimer from '99 or a newbie, but you are a stunning beauty in either case...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #21
naturalGainer09
On Timeout

naturalGainer09 has said some nice things
Default :)

Im def. a foodee! I love all kinds of food mmm
especially thai food!
naturalGainer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:06 PM   #22
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

I too, am a big food fan! Food/eating makes me happy!!!
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #23
Amazon Kelli
On Timeout

Amazon Kelli has said some nice things

FEEEEEED ME SEYMORE!

Last edited by AnnMarie; 10-07-2005 at 12:05 AM. Reason: signature removed per rules posted on paysite board
Amazon Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #24
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Late!

I feel like I organized a party and then showed up late! But here I am, and have some great ideas for this board.

There is nothing better than being with like-minded people, and now my two worlds have collided (in a good way) - and that's really powerful!

Fat (and fat-loving folks) and food-loving folks!

But in keeping with the topic - yes, I am a foodee!

SVS
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #25
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I love cooking and I always love a good meal.

What a cool idea for a board.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote