Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: What's the best Chocolate to PB ratio?
Regular Peanut Butter Cup 12 24.00%
Reese's Miniature Cups 13 26.00%
Speciality Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs 17 34.00%
Reese's Big Cup 7 14.00%
Other (Please state) 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The Perfect Reeses Cup: What's the best Chocolate to Peanut Butter ratio?

Jes and I have recently gotten into a feud that threatens to destroy us and those around us about exactly what type of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup has the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio. We have wildy divergent and completely personal opinions on this.

While she does not agree, I believe we need to take this debate to the larger Dimensions community. It is far too important to leave in the shadows. We must let this debate into the light.

A poll will appear soon enough. Please vote.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
Jes and I have recently gotten into a feud that threatens to destroy us and those around us about exactly what type of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup has the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio. We have wildy divergent and completely personal opinions on this.

While she does not agree, I believe we need to take this debate to the larger Dimensions community. It is far too important to leave in the shadows. We must let this debate into the light.

A poll will appear soon enough. Please vote.
I think that the reality here is that people agree with me and my Clubhouse J-log post. They understand, as do I, that the perfect PB-to-Choccie ratio has been achieved in the standard-size cup. The 'mini' (and I would argue that calling these tiny treats 'fun-sized' is a misnomer) corrupts this ratio and disappoints the palate at every turn.

The Easter Egg, however, is a triumph of ingenuity and design. Here, the ratio is preserved and somehow improved upon, all the while being both timely and festive.

That is all.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I think that the reality here is that people agree with me and my Clubhouse J-log post. They understand, as do I, that the perfect PB-to-Choccie ratio has been achieved in the standard-size cup. The 'mini' (and I would argue that calling these tiny treats 'fun-sized' is a misnomer) corrupts this ratio and disappoints the palate at every turn.

The Easter Egg, however, is a triumph of ingenuity and design. Here, the ratio is preserved and somehow improved upon, all the while being both timely and festive.

That is all.

My view is that while the regular cup is a classic, the mini presents an incredible mix of snacky convenience with a deep chocolate rim that is perfect for nibling on, exposing a smaller but somehow richer and more decadent peanut butter interior. When one slowly savors the bountiful chocolate and peanut butter symphony of one mini cup, there is yet another foil wrapped wonder to unwrap and enjoy.

The ratio itself is exquisite. Every bite is absolutely perfect. Reese's regular cups do not provide a consistent, even ratio bite per bite. Some bites are too much peanut butter, some are too much chocolate. The mini is perfect, perfect, perfect.

I mentioned to you during our feud that this is as integral to my worldview and sexuality as anything else. From childhood it was the miniature cups, especially decorated for the holidays, that held my fancy. Not only as superior to the regular Reese's cup, but also superior to all other common chocolate candies.

I rest my case.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My belief is that the regular cups have an overabundance of chocolate, overpowering the peanut butter in every bite. In the past, I have attempted to first remove the majority of the chocolate, which then enables me to go forward in my enjoyment of the peanut butter with only a minimal intrusion of chocolate. This has proven to be not only time-consuming, but has resulted in an unfastidious condition of my general self in the facial and appendage area.

While the mini version does serve to alleviate several of these issues, I find great frustration in the need to unwrap each one in order to enjoy their flavor, and have come to the conclusion that eating them without unwrapping them first is not a suitable option.

The egg, however, presents none of these issues. It contains a precisely perfect amount of peanut butter combined with a suitable degree of chocolate to enable complete flavor satisfaction for my palate.

Based on all of the above, I must lend my support to the egg.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Way too much peanut butter in the regular sized cup and just way too too much in the egg.

Mini's are perfect.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
My belief is that the regular cups have an overabundance of chocolate, overpowering the peanut butter in every bite. In the past, I have attempted to first remove the majority of the chocolate, which then enables me to go forward in my enjoyment of the peanut butter with only a minimal intrusion of chocolate. This has proven to be not only time-consuming, but has resulted in an unfastidious condition of my general self in the facial and appendage area.

While the mini version does serve to alleviate several of these issues, I find great frustration in the need to unwrap each one in order to enjoy their flavor, and have come to the conclusion that eating them without unwrapping them first is not a suitable option.

The egg, however, presents none of these issues. It contains a precisely perfect amount of peanut butter combined with a suitable degree of chocolate to enable complete flavor satisfaction for my palate.

Based on all of the above, I must lend my support to the egg.
While I support your choice of the egg, I must fault your logic when it comes to discussing the standard cup.

There is far more PB to choccie in the standard cup. Your insistence that one must wade through too much chocolate to get at the hidden PB below, when eating a standard cup, is simply inaccurate.

The mini, by its very shape, has a very small amount of PB, thus throwing off the crucial ratio. The 'sweet spot,' as it were.

I am afraid your argument simply does not wash. Decisions based on faulty evidence must be faulty themselves.

QED.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The egg, and always the egg. It is made even more special by its limited availability.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
activistfatgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
Way too much peanut butter in the regular sized cup and just way too too much in the egg.

Mini's are perfect.
Thank you!

Jes, respectfully let the people decide.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Trader Joe's has there own brand of peanut butter cups sold in a tub. It is the perfect fusion of chocolate and peanut butter. So perfect that I will eat them until I feel woosy.

Try at your own risk!

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

The egg hands down. It is the only candy for which I have come close to fisticuffs for.
ScreamingChicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Depends ( should be my middle name )

The mini Reese's allow for that swift chocolate grab between molars. As the chocolate gives way to the peanut butter, one can know they are..indeed...enjoying the beauty that is a Reese, but I am afraid that the actual peanut butter seems to be an afterthought. If I am feeling rather luxurious, I sit and admire the fluffy pile of foil and the brown holders that that make that lovely clickclickclick noise, as you peel to expose the chocolate shell that has been waiting for you to free it from its factory imposed modesty.

The original Reese Cup is a good old friend. To take my teeth and pop its lid, well, old friend, you are the easiest to play with, and you KNOW how I love to play with my food. When I want a medium amount of peanut butter, I turn to you.

The Reese Peanut Butter Easter Egg. YOU are a wonder!! When I need a glorious amount of peanut butter, all others fail. I don't know that I would want you around, year round ( sorry my love ), but you come to me, wrapped in cheery yellow garb, swagger, and say..." you want peanut butter, well, baby, eat me!!" One thing...when I peel your top from your middle?..you are a lil wet...please see a candyologist..I worry!

Bring 'em on..all of them...
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #12
Jes
is oddly aroused

i must admit:

i have never had this thing called: big cup. I havne't even seen one.

more research is needed.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
HugKiss
@}-}{--}---- XOXOXOXOX

HugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 club
Default My wote...

The Big Cup or the Peanut Butter lovers Cups.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The minis are too much work. LOL

Last edited by HugKiss; 03-09-2007 at 12:19 PM.
HugKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Please forward samples of each variety to my home for proper analysis.

On another subject entirely, I am all too familiar with big cups.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
Jes
is oddly aroused

tell me someone--does the big cup have a greater PB component than the traditional cup?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #16
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah..or did they mess it up like they did with the big Kit-Kat..
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
tell me someone--does the big cup have a greater PB component than the traditional cup?
The experts say yes.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Yeah..or did they mess it up like they did with the big Kit-Kat..
where are these 'big' candies being sold? you would think as a frequent shopper and fat candy eater, I would have seen them.

Now I wish I had a paysite, just so I could put up a 'wishlist.' I'd put 'big' candy of all types on the list, and then snap pix of me eating them!!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #19
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can not in good conscious reveal my vote, even with threats from a certain board member.

Truth be told, no matter what the size, I just shove them in my mouth in one bite and chew and/or choke a bit. Helps me keep up on my self-heimlich maneuver skills.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #20
activistfatgirl

I feel like we're going to need to ask the Big Cup voters to vote one of the other threes to get a final say. That last minute addition is skewing the polls and not helping us answer the original three way beat down.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #21
Jes
is oddly aroused

i did some research earlier today. could only get my hands on the minis.

disappointing.

the point, for me, is that they are PEANUT BUTTER cups. Not chocolate cups with other natural flavors.

therefore, the standards and the eggs ROOL.

though i'm still nauseated. god, the things i do for science!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #22
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I feel like we're going to need to ask the Big Cup voters to vote one of the other threes to get a final say. That last minute addition is skewing the polls and not helping us answer the original three way beat down.
Are you accusing the Big Cup of being the Ralph Nader of this election?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #23
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Are you accusing the Big Cup of being the Ralph Nader of this election?
well, the big cup IS nutty, so the metaphor carries...

(not you carries. other carries)
Old 03-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #24
HugKiss
@}-}{--}---- XOXOXOXOX

HugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
where are these 'big' candies being sold? you would think as a frequent shopper and fat candy eater, I would have seen them.
Wal-Mart and K-Mart and supermarkets.. at the checkouts.

Gotta love it BIG!

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/reeses_line/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reeses-bigandregular.jpg (10.5 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by HugKiss; 03-09-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added link.
HugKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugKiss View Post
Wal-Mart and K-Mart and supermarkets.. at the checkouts.

Gotta love it BIG!

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/reeses_line/
ah! thanks. i don't have a kmart here and i'm opposed to walmarts, so...I guess I'll have to organize that paysite!