Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-13-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
nolon2020

nolon2020 has said some nice things
Default BHM sports

I thought I would post my hobby to show what sport activities big guys can join even SSBHMs so I am doing underwater rugby twice a week. The fact that
the sports takes place in the water means no pain in joints no sweating but as it is a team sport not just boring exercise either. The picture shows more or less how you play, if you want to know more feel free to ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg underwater-rugby.jpg (42.4 KB, 222 views)
nolon2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
deanbpm

deanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this board

I do like a bit of rugby but I never heard of the underwater kind. I will have to check it out.
deanbpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow! I've never heard of this before. It sounds like fun!
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't know if I could do this, I've played a bit of football and I can definitely swim, but... I'm already terrified of drowning. If someone attempted to tackle me underwater, I just don't know.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Joe944
Aspiring Slacker

Joe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Looks like fun! I used to play water polo and wrestling in high school, this looks like a sweet mix between the two!
Joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #6
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I ran across an interesting column about American football, that 'ultimate' sport for fat men, discussing whether all the 'piling on' that big football players are really unhealthy is correct:
Here she's arguing that there really isn't any evidence tying football linemen's sizes to bad health, and in fact some evidence to the reverse: https://www.opposingviews.com/i/call-me-at-half-time
Old 02-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #7
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

And here, an article noting that the heaviest college football teams are also the most successful:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/the-...e-the-heaviest
Old 02-04-2018, 09:26 PM   #8
hommecreux

hommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot pics

Loved wrestling and football back in the day, and played a summer of rugby, which is awesome and intense.

Only problem with being the size that I am is that I wouldn't be able to keep myself down at the bottom of the pool long enough with the ball to make a goal. I just float right to the top.

Damnit.
hommecreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #9
fat hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommecreux View Post
Loved wrestling and football back in the day, and played a summer of rugby, which is awesome and intense.

Only problem with being the size that I am is that I wouldn't be able to keep myself down at the bottom of the pool long enough with the ball to make a goal. I just float right to the top.

Damnit.
It's sort of ironic, eh what, that when you get big enough, you have to carry even more weight in metal or solid form, like the weights divers use, just to be able to get down to the bottom of the pool!

Fatman divers need weight belts! Or maybe weight vests, to better ensure they stay on....
Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
hommecreux

hommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot pics

Alright.... now to find weights that are either long enough to fit around my extremities, or a 5-6xlt weight vest that can be loaded with another 100lbs of weight to keep me down lol. I'm pretty sure I'd need that much, I could be used as a human life preserver as is lol.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
bigwideland

bigwideland can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbigwideland can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

That's a great idea. The plus size games.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #12
hommecreux

I mean... I think there already is a sport for fat guys...

Hot dog eating contests? lol

But on a more serious note, I think that Sumo would be a lot of fun, esp with my wrestling background. I've seriously considered doing it. With a 550lb squat, 400lb bench and weighing in at 470lbs, I think I could give a bunch of those guys a run for their money.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #13
fat hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommecreux View Post
I mean... I think there already is a sport for fat guys...

Hot dog eating contests? lol

But on a more serious note, I think that Sumo would be a lot of fun, esp with my wrestling background. I've seriously considered doing it. With a 550lb squat, 400lb bench and weighing in at 470lbs, I think I could give a bunch of those guys a run for their money.
Or at least a waddle for their money????