Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Sebrena_Canada

Sebrena_Canada has said some nice things
Question Quality vs quantity

So, I need some help please

I have finally decided after many years of not caring about what I wear, to get some new clothes. I only have about $400 US to spend and I need to get as many things as possible as I don't have alot to wear right now...

I have been looking at the Mizrak website and the prices are so low, I'm wondering what the quality/sizing is like. Also, I am in Canada so I have to keep S+H in mind

I keep going around and around in my head quantity vs quality... If I go for quantity then I could possibly have quite a few outfits (that I Desperately need) if I go for only quality and order from another website I will have far fewer clothes, and I will have to wear them more often.

I am just starting to accept the fact that most retail stores don't carry the larger sizes my hips need; wish there were more that carried the largest sizes.

Ok, I could go on and on about this but what I would really like opinions on is: quality vs quantity; and is Mizrak a good company to deal with......

Thanks so much

Seb
Sebrena_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would buy quality foundation garments - like slacks in the basic colors, a nice pair of jeans, couple of quality blouses, and if you then want some variety you could pepper in the lesser quality items for a few casual shirts, maybe a seasonal weight sweater or something, etc.

It depends on what the majority of your clothing is, too. I mean, if you need professional duds, the cheap ones often look it (due to cut/tailoring/finishing)... so you may not want to be wearing those to an office. If you're doing all casual stuff, you can sometimes get away with a cheaper item.

I don't know if Old Navy ships to Canada, but they have plus sizes (depending on your size) and they might be a good place to get some of the wardrobe basics like white/black tees, etc.

Good luck! Build something now and add quality as time goes by. I think if you can buy a fairly good quality outfit once or twice a season, you'll always stay in good shape. Also, the more you take care of things, washing properly, etc... the longer you'll get out of them, even if they're not top notch.

Good luck, and have fun!!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
dreamer72fem
hmmm....

dreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 club

I have several pieces from Mizrak. Just got a new piece yesterday actually. A lovely stretch lace jacket thing. It is really really lovely and I am glad I bought it. I also have a few of the tank spring dresses. I have never had a prob with mizraks stuff. I have also gotten lucky on ebay ALOT. Good luck with the new clothes.
Stacey
Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
Sebrena_Canada

Thank you both so much for your input! I have decided to go for it, worse comes to worse; I will use the clothes as patterns to make more clothes....

I am looking mainly for casual clothes (I am a Respite Caregiver, the young man comes to my house) and a few nice outfits to go out on dates if and when I get asked out on one!

It is really hard to find clothes to fit me... my hips are wide and my chest is not! I think the tailor is going to be my best friend when the clothes get here

I am so excited to be able to get some new clothes. I haven't treated myself very well the last few years. I am sure I will look and feel as great in them as I am hoping.

I may even post some pics of myself in them.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer

Sarah aka Sebrena
Old 03-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
Sebrena_Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Good luck! Build something now and add quality as time goes by. I think if you can buy a fairly good quality outfit once or twice a season, you'll always stay in good shape. Also, the more you take care of things, washing properly, etc... the longer you'll get out of them, even if they're not top notch.

Good luck, and have fun!!
Hi AnnMarie

This is in the end what I have decided to do, thanks for all your great advice, I have enjoyed reading alot of your posts on the forum.

Sarah
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebrena_Canada View Post
Hi AnnMarie

This is in the end what I have decided to do, thanks for all your great advice, I have enjoyed reading alot of your posts on the forum.

Sarah
You're welcome and thanks for that. I hope you snap some pictures of the new things to share with us.