Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher
 
imfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tn Loop Ranch (Lebanon, Tn.)
Posts: 9,317
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
Hi,

I believe that I am not a feeder but I happen to be quite attracted to overfed BBWs. When I say overfed, I mean those whose obesity is at least partly caused, maintained, or increased by eating habits. I hope that this the right forum to ask this kind of question.

1. How taboo/secret is the fact that you are overfed?
(select one)
[] Not at all, I could wear a t-shirt that states that I am overfed
[] A little bit. I would not go around with a sign and a megaphone to tell people but I would never try to hide or give false impressions about the fact that I am overfed
[] I am willing to admit it to friends and family but not to anybody else
[] I am willing to admit it to a select few
[] Only my spouse know about it
[] I don't admit it even to myself, how dare you suggest that I am overfed?
[] Other. What?

2. If being overfed is a secret/taboo for you, why is that?
(check all that apply)
[] I already told you that it's not a taboo for me.
[] I am tired of the hypocritical moralizing about starving children in other countries, from people who themselves can have a $50k car and million dollar home
[] I am religious and my religion forbids gluttony
[] My environment is religious and the religion forbids gluttony
[] I feel that our culture doesn't accept female gluttony
[] I don't mind at all but people become so embarrassed when I tell them that I am overfed
[] I just doesn't feel right to talk about such an intimate thing with other people
[] I feel ashamed because of my lack of self control when it comes to food
[] Other. What?

3. Have you ever done anything to hide the fact that you are overfed?
(check all that apply)
[] I have lied about my eating habits
[] I have not lied but said things that give a false impression of my eating habits (like a politician or lawyer would do)
[] I have incorrectly blamed my obesity on medical issues (metabolism, gland problems, PCOS, etc) that I don't have at all
[] I have some medical issues but I have exaggerated their impact in order to hide the fact that I am overfed
[] I have visited several stores/malls to hide from other shoppers and cashiers how much fattening foods I buy
[] I have pretended to buy food for several people although it was all for myself
[] I have hidden trash from overeating sessions in order to hide from my family, coworkers, friends, or acquaintances how much I eat
[] I have chosen to eat alone, in order to not let anybody see how much I eat
[] I have visited several restaurants in order to hide how much I eat
[] I have visited several restaurants of the same chain (McDonald's, BK, etc) in order to hide how much I eat
[] I have underestimated the amount exercise that I do in order to hide my eating habits, since I think it's nicer if people think I am sedentary rather than overfed
[] Other. What?

4. From whom have you hidden the fact that you are overfed?
(check all that apply)
[] Strangers
[] Acquaintances
[] Friends
[] Coworkers
[] Relatives
[] Neighbors
[] Spouse
[] people online (non-BBW communities)
[] people online (BBW communities)
[] you the people who read this web board
[] Somebody else, please tell who?

5. Is there a more polite way to say that somebody is overfed?
(select one)
[] foodee
[] over-nourished
[] very well fed
[] have dynamic eating habits
[] I don't want to think about it
[] No, overfed is the best word
[] Other, what?

6. Bonus question. What kind of foods do you believe have made a significant contribution to your obesity?
(select all that apply)
[] soda
[] sweet fruit juices
[] cream
[] milk
[] butter
[] chocolate
[] candy
[] potato chips
[] other (corn, etc) chips
[] cakes
[] other bakery products
[] ice cream
[] burgers
[] french fries
[] fried onion rings
[] other fast food
[] other deep fried foods (not french fries or onion rings)
[] desserts
[] cheese
[] American
[] English
[] French
[] German
[] Italian
[] Russian
[] Other European
[] Chinese
[] Japanese
[] Korean
[] Indian
[] Other Asian
[] Mexican
[] other from the Americas
[] Kebab
[] Turkish
[] Arabic
[] Persian
[] North African
[] other African
[] Other ethnic food, please tell which?
[] Other, what?
The term "overfed" is a 1000 Watt red WARNING light to me! These
questions sound very invasive to me. I'm a 400lb BHM, I like it, and constantly
deal with "overfed" issues, myself. I seriously question your motives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sexy Picture web.jpg (13.6 KB, 584 views)
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #27
RedVelvet
Airship Pirate
 
RedVelvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Snow, snow and more snow. With snow.
Posts: 1,763
RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
Hi,

I believe that I am not a feeder but I happen to be quite attracted to overfed BBWs. When I say overfed, I mean those whose obesity is at least partly caused, maintained, or increased by eating habits. I hope that this the right forum to ask this kind of question.


[] Other, what?


Could you be a little more creepy....my skin isnt crawling entirely, yet.
__________________




Spend all your money here or here, please.


"Reality has a well known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert


Come quickly! I am tasting stars!- Dom Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne
RedVelvet is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #28
Jes
is oddly aroused
 
Jes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12,553
Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

ok, here is a perfect example of what I call 'fat as hobby.' I don't begrudge this poster his hobby, nor do I think it's a gendered hobby--plenty of women have talked about being gainers, loving to eat too much and feel the consequences, talk stats, etc.

But for many, many fat women, fat is something we are. We're not interested in stats, or talking about food/eating like it's the play offs, or even sharing these bits of info with other people. We're just fat. It's not a hobby for us. We're not buying magazines about it, or reading stories about it, or writing stories about it, or anything else. We're simply not thinking about it as much as are people who are, for lack of a better term, fat hobbyists! And I don't mean that as an insult, honestly, and I wish I had a better expression to use.

But there is this constant tension of ideals that I feel about this topic here at Dims (and/or in the Chat room). It's as fundamental as speaking different languages, sometimes (at least for me!)
Jes is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #29
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated
 
TheSadeianLinguist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Planet of the Mad Robots
Posts: 5,364
TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I think there are women who approach eating with secrecy, but I also think there are many who are straight up about what they eat, and to sort of base an entire list of questions on the assumption that we're being deceitful is sort of throwing some of us of. Me, for instance.

I eat what I want, when I want. Now, I know that statement reads and means different things to different people. To a feeder or now, "overfeeder?", it may read as though I eat boxes of Twinkies a few times day and always take advantage of the double pizza deal on Tuesdays. Not really how it works.

It means that if I'm out to dinner and I want app/dessert/entree and whatever else, then I'm going to get it. It also means that when I'm home and not hungry or not feeling like cooking, I'll eat a salad and a cupcake and a glass of water if that is what I WANT. It's about not putting restrictions OR expectations on my food intake. I eat what I want, when I want - sometimes it's a "lot", sometimes it's not too much.

So, my point is, while some women may be misleading, don't assume all are. I am proud of the fact that I've removed guilt and shame from my eating, and I wouldn't like about how little I eat anymore than I'd lie about how much (a unique lying problem to this community, "pretending" to eat like a competitive eater to gain favor).
Exactly. What a lot of people don't seem to get is that appetites fluctuate. I can be RAVENOUS sometimes. One day I might not be able to feel full after four slices of pizza. Sometimes I can't finish one.

Lying about eating, to either extreme, is something that just drives me batty.
__________________
The Queen Bee on the Outsider: She didn't have the right brand of lip gloss. SHE HAD TO BE DESTROYED.
TheSadeianLinguist is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #30
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
But for many, many fat women, fat is something we are. We're not interested in stats, or talking about food/eating like it's the play offs, or even sharing these bits of info with other people. We're just fat. It's not a hobby for us. We're not buying magazines about it, or reading stories about it, or writing stories about it, or anything else. We're simply not thinking about it as much as are people who are, for lack of a better term, fat hobbyists!
I know very well that most women don't want to talk about these kind of things but I want to point out that I did not post my questions to some random board for overweight women. What I simply don't get is why some people feel the need to read the weight board and then post their disapproval.

According to the short description, the weight board is supposed to be for "Erotic weight gain and fantasy issues", in my opinion that sound like something for us fat hobbyists. However, I feel a bit uncertain about this now. Can somebody enlighten me regarding what kind of posts are acceptable on the weight board?

This is certainly not a new issue. Being a long time lurker, I remember that a few years ago, there was an SSBBW who introduced herself on the weight board by saying that she found feederism offensive and absolutely didn't want to talk to any feeders.
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
I know very well that most women don't want to talk about these kind of things but I want to point out that I did not post my questions to some random board for overweight women. What I simply don't get is why some people feel the need to read the weight board and then post their disapproval.

According to the short description, the weight board is supposed to be for "Erotic weight gain and fantasy issues", in my opinion that sound like something for us fat hobbyists. However, I feel a bit uncertain about this now. Can somebody enlighten me regarding what kind of posts are acceptable on the weight board?

This is certainly not a new issue. Being a long time lurker, I remember that a few years ago, there was an SSBBW who introduced herself on the weight board by saying that she found feederism offensive and absolutely didn't want to talk to any feeders.
There is nothing wrong with the subject, just the approach. It's all about the approach. You came off as a bit creepy and accusatory (like we're liars if we say we don't really eat much, etc) and that will always rub people wrong, no matter what the board/subject matter.

If you post on any board, you're going to get critiques, and notice that many of yours were from the men who are directly involved here.

You'll see from other threads that are up and running on this board that the topic of eating isn't a problem, the topic of personal gaining is rarely even a blink of the eye, the topic of trying to get someone to do something behind their back/etc is generally a huge problem, etc.

Your topic was just not approached right, and the questionnaire was akin to a lab rat experiment rather than just "hey, let's have a discussion about your food intake and if you think you "overfeed" yourself to stay/be fat".

All about the approach.

Other threads that may address some issues you're dancing around (although not on weight board):
Food Guilt: http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...hlight=binging

Binging:
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...hlight=binging
__________________
So ... yeah.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 03-27-2007 at 02:20 PM.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #32
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
Is 'overfed' the word that gets you off related to fat women eating too much? lol
Maybe a little bit, just as I would prefer to use BOW (some feminist tried to introduce it during the 1990s) instead of BBW. However, I would be open to use any alternative word as long as:
1. No information loss takes place. It must be clear to everyone what it means. A home made acronym will hardly be understood.
2. It's unambiguous. I don't like "overeating" for this reason, since I think its ambiguous.
3. It's convenient to use, "somebody who is a BBW at least partly because of her eating habits" is not very elegant, IMHO.

I think it's a bit symptomatic that there has been a lot of criticism against my use of the word 'overfed' but very little in terms of serious suggestions of how to replace the word with something else despite the fact that my Question 5 dealt with this very issue.
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #33
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post

I think it's a bit symptomatic that there has been a lot of criticism against my use of the word 'overfed' but very little in terms of serious suggestions of how to replace the word with something else despite the fact that my Question 5 dealt with this very issue.
I think it's because 1) there isn't a better word because it's just a concept that people here are sort of not willing to embrace, 2) you're saying you're not a feeder, but you're into women who are "overfed to keep their weight" which is pure semantics - so you're trying to rename something that we're already pretty comfortable with, 3) people just don't care enough (at this point) to come up with a new/better/different word.

Also, if you want to use the word overfed, it's not exclusive to BBW or BHM. I know plenty of people who are very thin and active who you would easily fall under "overfed" based purely on the amount they consume. I guess my point is that you're trying to apply a term to large people, or a term that causes them to remain large?, which is something that anyone could be... and they may not be fat as a result.

I don't think I'm saying this right, but it's along the lines of... I could eat a similar diet to a person with a very high metabolism (thin) for months. At the end of the months, I'd still be heavy, they'd still be thin - so what may or may not be overfed to one person will not be for another.

I don't know, I just feel as though you're trying to take a word that you enjoy and casting it in a big net over large women trying to get them to "pony up" to being overfed... and that's why they're fat? Some are, some aren't.... there just isn't a one size fits all term for things like that.

I have no issue with what you're into, I'm just saying... you tried to engage conversation and you're getting varied responses. That's the nature of a board, and again... the approach was just off, so you've got some readers confused, feeling scrutinized, reluctant to share frankly, and probably just put off.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #34
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I think there are women who approach eating with secrecy, but I also think there are many who are straight up about what they eat, and to sort of base an entire list of questions on the assumption that we're being deceitful is sort of throwing some of us of. Me, for instance.
I don't understand this. My questions had 1 and 2 had alternatives for people who are upfront about their eating habits. Question 3 and 4 did not have any but the questions were of the "check all that apply" type, so a person who is 100% open about her eating habits would check none of them. This was not an accident either, I chose this structure to take this group of women into account.

Quote:
I eat what I want, when I want. Now, I know that statement reads and means different things to different people. To a feeder or now, "overfeeder?", it may read as though I eat boxes of Twinkies a few times day and always take advantage of the double pizza deal on Tuesdays. Not really how it works.
I don't get this either. It's hardly necessary to eat "boxes of Twinkies a few times a day" to be overfed. In the beginning of my post I wrote that "When I say overfed, I mean those whose obesity is at least partly caused, maintained, or increased by eating habits." I wrote absolutely nothing about boxes of twinkies or double pizza deals on Tuesdays.

Quote:
So, my point is, while some women may be misleading, don't assume all are.
IMO, I didn't really write anything that assumed that all women are misleading. On the contrary there were options for women who are not misleading.

Quote:
I am proud of the fact that I've removed guilt and shame from my eating, and I wouldn't like about how little I eat anymore than I'd lie about how much (a unique lying problem to this community, "pretending" to eat like a competitive eater to gain favor).
This is admirable IMHO, since I am a person who appreciates honesty and correctness.
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #35
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
I don't understand this. My questions had 1 and 2 had alternatives for people who are upfront about their eating habits. Question 3 and 4 did not have any but the questions were of the "check all that apply" type, so a person who is 100% open about her eating habits would check none of them. This was not an accident either, I chose this structure to take this group of women into account.
I can't go back and read, I don't recall there being an answer in 1 or 2 that applied to me at all.


Quote:
I don't get this either. It's hardly necessary to eat "boxes of Twinkies a few times a day" to be overfed. In the beginning of my post I wrote that "When I say overfed, I mean those whose obesity is at least partly caused, maintained, or increased by eating habits." I wrote absolutely nothing about boxes of twinkies or double pizza deals on Tuesdays.
I didn't say, or even imply, that you said or thought that. I said that when I say "I eat what I want when I want" that it can be read by SOME people that way. Said nothing about you, so there is nothing to get. I was relaying some details of my eating, which seems to be what you were asking for in your original post?? I was unable to fit in your questionnaire, so I tried via a post. Perhaps a mistake.


Quote:
IMO, I didn't really write anything that assumed that all women are misleading. On the contrary there were options for women who are not misleading.
You had a post (reply) to another poster here that said you were on another board where the majority of women admitted to being misleading/deceptive about what they eat. That is what I was referring to... I'm not going to go back right now to try to find the quote. That is what I took away from what you typed.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
Waxwing
Reckless Hero
 
Waxwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PDX
Posts: 3,177
Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I'm secretly eating RIGHT NOW.
__________________
"Twice shy and dog tired because you've been bitten/
Everything you say now sounds like it was ghost-written"
Waxwing is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,052
SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

This seems like such an odd thread, yet I'm strangely fascinated. The questionaire is so off-puttingly clinical and organised... almost restrictive (oooh, bondage!) in it's rules and procedures for completion... yet clearly represents a strong personal and intimate interest for the OP (such time and thought invested).

I almost feel like it's a role-playing thing and with every response he's checking off a form with a clipboard, wearing horn-rimmed glasses, rubber gloves and a lab coat.

Naked underneath, 'natch.
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

"Whatever gets you thru the night, it's alright, it's alright."--John Lennon
SamanthaNY is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #38
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I'll do it this way to try to make my point clearer - see if it helps:


Quote:
1. How taboo/secret is the fact that you are overfed?
(select one)
[] Not at all, I could wear a t-shirt that states that I am overfed
[] A little bit. I would not go around with a sign and a megaphone to tell people but I would never try to hide or give false impressions about the fact that I am overfed
[] I am willing to admit it to friends and family but not to anybody else
[] I am willing to admit it to a select few
[] Only my spouse know about it
[] I don't admit it even to myself, how dare you suggest that I am overfed?
[] Other. What?
None of these apply to me.
I guess I don't consider "other" an answer because it seems to imply that I agree with the "taboo" aspect of the question, which I don't.

Quote:
2. If being overfed is a secret/taboo for you, why is that?
(check all that apply)
[] I already told you that it's not a taboo for me.
[] I am tired of the hypocritical moralizing about starving children in other countries, from people who themselves can have a $50k car and million dollar home
[] I am religious and my religion forbids gluttony
[] My environment is religious and the religion forbids gluttony
[] I feel that our culture doesn't accept female gluttony
[] I don't mind at all but people become so embarrassed when I tell them that I am overfed
[] I just doesn't feel right to talk about such an intimate thing with other people
[] I feel ashamed because of my lack of self control when it comes to food
[] Other. What?
Okay, based on number one, clearly this question doesn't apply.. that's fine.

Quote:
3. Have you ever done anything to hide the fact that you are overfed?
(check all that apply)
[] I have lied about my eating habits
[] I have not lied but said things that give a false impression of my eating habits (like a politician or lawyer would do)
[] I have incorrectly blamed my obesity on medical issues (metabolism, gland problems, PCOS, etc) that I don't have at all
[] I have some medical issues but I have exaggerated their impact in order to hide the fact that I am overfed
[] I have visited several stores/malls to hide from other shoppers and cashiers how much fattening foods I buy
[X] I have pretended to buy food for several people although it was all for myself
[] I have hidden trash from overeating sessions in order to hide from my family, coworkers, friends, or acquaintances how much I eat
[] I have chosen to eat alone, in order to not let anybody see how much I eat
[] I have visited several restaurants in order to hide how much I eat
[] I have visited several restaurants of the same chain (McDonald's, BK, etc) in order to hide how much I eat
[] I have underestimated the amount exercise that I do in order to hide my eating habits, since I think it's nicer if people think I am sedentary rather than overfed
[] Other. What?
This entire area is the part that makes the most sense to me and should have been what your post was about. If you'd simply posted asking if people here have eating habits or things they do to disguise the amount they are eating, then you'd be all set and I'd have typed much less than I have this afternoon. (I have placed a bold X in the one answer that may apply to me, but rarely.)

Quote:
4. From whom have you hidden the fact that you are overfed?
(check all that apply)
[] Strangers
[] Acquaintances
[] Friends
[] Coworkers
[] Relatives
[] Neighbors
[] Spouse
[] people online (non-BBW communities)
[] people online (BBW communities)
[] you the people who read this web board
[] Somebody else, please tell who?
I don't think any of these work for me... again, I eat what I want, when I want... it's not about who or who is not around.

Quote:
5. Is there a more polite way to say that somebody is overfed?
(select one)
[] foodee
[] over-nourished
[] very well fed
[] have dynamic eating habits
[] I don't want to think about it
[] No, overfed is the best word
[] Other, what?
No, the problem is that it sounds like an assumption or accusation. I don't see a way to pretty it up.

Quote:
6. Bonus question. What kind of foods do you believe have made a significant contribution to your obesity?
(select all that apply)
[] soda
[] sweet fruit juices
[] cream
[] milk
[] butter
[] chocolate
[] candy
[] potato chips
[] other (corn, etc) chips
[] cakes
[] other bakery products
[] ice cream
[] burgers
[] french fries
[] fried onion rings
[] other fast food
[] other deep fried foods (not french fries or onion rings)
[] desserts
[] cheese
[] American
[] English
[] French
[] German
[] Italian
[] Russian
[] Other European
[] Chinese
[] Japanese
[] Korean
[] Indian
[] Other Asian
[] Mexican
[] other from the Americas
[] Kebab
[] Turkish
[] Arabic
[] Persian
[] North African
[] other African
[] Other ethnic food, please tell which?
[] Other, what?
You left off one of the main reasons many large people are large - CARBS!!!!
Potatoes, pasta, breads, rice - these are basic, basic issues in many people's weight issues. Huge oversight.

Okay, that's my maximum output on this thread. Best of luck.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #39
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
embrace, 2) you're saying you're not a feeder, but you're into women who are "overfed to keep their weight" which is pure semantics - so you're trying to rename something that we're already pretty comfortable with,
I am not so sure about this. In my thinking, a feeder is somebody who somehow tries to influence another person to overeat. I am not sure that I am interested in doing that. I am more interested in persons who overeat just because they like food, not because they like to please me by gaining weight.

Quote:
Also, if you want to use the word overfed, it's not exclusive to BBW or BHM. I know plenty of people who are very thin and active who you would easily fall under "overfed" based purely on the amount they consume.
I am very well aware that such persons exists but now I am an FA so I am not that interested in overfed thin women.

Quote:
I don't know, I just feel as though you're trying to take a word that you enjoy and casting it in a big net over large women trying to get them to "pony up" to being overfed... and that's why they're fat? Some are, some aren't.... there just isn't a one size fits all term for things like that.
This wasn't really my intention. My intention was to reach the very small minority of BBWs who are fat because they eat a lot, aware of it, and willing to answer a public questionnaire about it. The title says "Questions for overfed BBWs". The questionnaire was not intended for non-overfed BBWs. Neither was it intended for overfed thin women. It was, like the title says, intended for overfed BBWs.
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #40
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxwing View Post
I'm secretly eating RIGHT NOW.
But you just told us, so it's not secret anymore. And you would be secretly overfeeding yourself - not eating.


__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #41
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing
 
Green Eyed Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In Your Head
Posts: 18,067
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I take it this all means that the OP isn't going to answer my sincere, earnest question again? He can make a whole questionnaire about BBWs yet cannot answer just one question back?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #42
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
I am not so sure about this. In my thinking, a feeder is somebody who somehow tries to influence another person to overeat. I am not sure that I am interested in doing that. I am more interested in persons who overeat just because they like food, not because they like to please me by gaining weight.
Ugh, must stop replying... but if that is your only definition of feeder (which is fine, I'm sure others may have that as well) than I see the issue. I think many around here see feeder as a broad ranging term with many, many variations within it. Most feeders I know/have talked with/or who post here don't want to do anything their partner is not involved in, enjoying, etc. So they want consensual, fun, eating, possibly gaining, etc.

There are different interests in feeding just like anything, and degrees of interest in process/outcome, etc.

I'm sure some of the feeders here would be better qualified to chime in on this, it's not my direct area so I'm going to leave it at that.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #43
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I take it this all means that the OP isn't going to answer my sincere, earnest question again? He can make a whole questionnaire about BBWs yet cannot answer just one question back?
I am working on it.

I am busy replying to all the replies I got. It's possible that I am rude but the more you use your caps lock button, the more time it takes for me to organize my thoughts to formulate a polite reply, thus, if you used your caps lock in your post, it will probably take me more time to reply. And again, English is not my native language so I am slow.

I will try to reply to your question, it will just take me a little bit of time.
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #44
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated
 
TheSadeianLinguist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Planet of the Mad Robots
Posts: 5,364
TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

There was a fairly mild but sexy thread awhile back called "Secret Eating" or something to that affect. Look that up.
__________________
The Queen Bee on the Outsider: She didn't have the right brand of lip gloss. SHE HAD TO BE DESTROYED.
TheSadeianLinguist is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #45
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing
 
Green Eyed Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In Your Head
Posts: 18,067
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixfa View Post
I am working on it.

I am busy replying to all the replies I got. It's possible that I am rude but the more you use your caps lock button, the more time it takes for me to organize my thoughts to formulate a polite reply, thus, if you used your caps lock in your post, it will probably take me more time to reply. And again, English is not my native language so I am slow.

I will try to reply to your question, it will just take me a little bit of time.
Take all the time you need but what does caplocks have to do with this? Do quotation marks make it hard for you, too? I love using those......


By the way, you used radio buttons that I'm supposed to cut and paste in your post so maybe that's why it's taking me so long to answer your numerous questions.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #46
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I see the issue. I think many around here see feeder as a broad ranging term with many, many variations within it. Most feeders I know/have talked with/or who post here don't want to do anything their partner is not involved in, enjoying, etc. So they want consensual, fun, eating, possibly gaining, etc.
I am aware that feeder is a broad ranging term but I think that you need to be at least an 'encourager' to qualify as a feeder and I happen to be quite unsure if I want to encourage somebody else to overeat. I am more about some sort of "silent acceptance".
unixfa is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #47
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
There was a fairly mild but sexy thread awhile back called "Secret Eating" or something to that affect. Look that up.
I think that's the one I linked him to way back somewhere.... Guilty Eating?

It was part of my "see, approach will get you responses" thing, but I've pretty much moved off it.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #48
Waxwing
Reckless Hero
 
Waxwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PDX
Posts: 3,177
Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I'm secretly dynamically eating RIGHT NOW.

For a moment of seriousness, I am genuinely interested to know whence comes the differentiation between BBWs who are such because they are, as you put it "overfed", and BBWs who are, well, other I guess.

I'm not making any sense so I'll just bash the keyboard for a minute until I form a sentence. I guess...well, what does it matter? When you're an FA isn't that an admiration of the look/feel/shape of the body and not the food it may or may not take to get it there?

I'm not trying to be argumentative because I really don't know the answer to this and I'm hoping someone will school me. Specifically, I'd like a feeder to answer if they don't mind broadening my mind a bit.

If you find the idea of encouraging someone to eat erotically charged, is the turn on part the outcome of that eating (ie. weight gain) or the discrete act? I mean is it like a 'i find it hot to see beautiful women eat a lot' OR 'it's hot to see that beautiful woman gain weight from the food she ate.'

Or am I not making sense at all? I really hope I'm not being disrespectful of any feeders. I think that this thread just confused me.
__________________
"Twice shy and dog tired because you've been bitten/
Everything you say now sounds like it was ghost-written"
Waxwing is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #49
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰
 
AnnMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twirly Girl
Posts: 16,296
AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxwing View Post
If you find the idea of encouraging someone to eat erotically charged, is the turn on part the outcome of that eating (ie. weight gain) or the discrete act? I mean is it like a 'i find it hot to see beautiful women eat a lot' OR 'it's hot to see that beautiful woman gain weight from the food she ate.'
I think some guys may chime in for you, and there are probably other threads if you go poking around, but the answer in short is - yes, all of the above.

Some guys are into the eating. Some are into the gain. Some are into both. Some are into neither, and just the fat girl as she comes.

I haven't dated an FA yet who would complain if I gained 20lbs, but none of them were what I would classify as feeders. I've dated guys who got a thrill out of watching me enjoy my meal, but they weren't trying to get me to eat it for a specific end result. But in a very broad definition of the term, I think the guy who enjoyed me enjoying food is a "feeder". I'm not into gaining, I just do what I do... but if you dig watching me wreck that brownie sundae?? More power to you, buddy.

There are as many different feeder "types" as there are guys... it's quite interesting really, and is one of the reasons that the knee-jerk "feeders are evil" chants that sometimes erupt kind of get old. It's not that cut/dry at all... hope that helped a little bit, Waxwing. I'll poke around and see if I can find you a couple of threads that might help.
__________________
So ... yeah.
AnnMarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #50
unixfa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
unixfa has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I didn't say, or even imply, that you said or thought that. I said that when I say "I eat what I want when I want" that it can be read by SOME people that way. Said nothing about you, so there is nothing to get.
You are right, I was wrong there.

Quote:
I was relaying some details of my eating, which seems to be what you were asking for in your original post?? I was unable to fit in your questionnaire, so I tried via a post. Perhaps a mistake.
Well, I do really appreciate your answer. I was just a bit perplexed about the failure of the questionnaire when every question had an "Other what?" alternative. My intention was that people could fill in their own alternative there if they felt that none of the ready made alternative fit them

Quote:
You had a post (reply) to another poster here that said you were on another board where the majority of women admitted to being misleading/deceptive about what they eat.
Yes, this is true. It was a large thread in a non-English speaking weight loss forum (that I accidentally found with Google), where a great deal of the active members weighed in on how overfed they were and how much they had done to cover it up. Unfortunately, it's several years ago and I doubt that I can find the thread anymore and furthermore it would be a huge job to translate it to English because of the size of the thread and since neither of the languages is my native language.

That thread made me think that there might be some women out there who have felt a little taboo about how much they eat. It also gave me inspiration for some of the answer alternatives. I don't see anything unreasonable about that.
unixfa is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.