Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-15-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs up AIDS Walk - Boston!

"When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion"
~African Proverb

I mentioned in a thread earlier that traditionally I participate in the annual AIDS Walk that takes place here in Boston. I used to walk with a team put together by members of the chorus that I perform with but as time has gone on we have been unable to motivate people to participate so usually I just walk alone. The reasons I love this particular Walk:
  • It's a good cause that gets very little support
  • I have been affected personally knowing people very close to me who live with or have died from the disease
  • Compared to other Walk causes that take place in and around Boston this one is relatively short and the terrain is very easy comparatively speaking.
  • It's a lot of fun

I've had one or two people casually inquire about participating in The Walk so I just thought I'd put this out there. The AIDS Walk takes place rain or shine on the first Sunday in June. This year's Walk is Sunday, June 3 and starts bright and early at The Hatch Shell on the Charles River. If there are any local people interested in participating in this years AIDS Walk you can find out more information from the AIDS Action Committee here in Boston.

Different ways you can support The Walk:
  • You can get a pledge form, solicit sponsors and walk to raise money to help educate and prevent the spread of AIDS/HIV or directly help those who are living with the disease
  • You can volunteer to receive and tally pledges on the day of The Walk (sit down position) or direct people and traffic along The Walk route (you get the coveted shirt that says "Obey Me" to wear that day and you get to keep it!)
  • Donate directly towards the AIDS Action Committee or sponsor someone you know who is walking in The Walk

If you are interested in walking please let me know and we can walk together! Traditionally the night before The Walk I try to get a group together at a local restaurant for a Carbo Load dinner to get to know each other and get pumped for The Walk. Thanks for reading and I hope you will consider supporting the fight against AIDS in some way if not through this endeavor, then through something local that takes place in your town.

Thanks.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

and if we choose to sponsor a walker? a walker who looks a lot like you?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Red face

Hmmm. I hadn't even thought of that believe it or not. I suppose you could PM me and we could arrange for you to send me a check made out to AIDS Walk Boston or AIDS Action Committee. Or you could paypal it. My paypal wont take credit card payments though so you would have to deposit the money into your account and then transfer it into mine. In either event, email me and we can work something out.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm so tempted, but I'm quite sure I might die. Any places for resting??

Booo.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post

Booo.
I remember one year I tried to walk after I had toe surgery. There were places where one could sneak a rest here and there: a bench, a median wall, a set of stairs, a restaurant/outdoor cafe. Now mind you, I got halfway through and my toe was throbbing so I cheated and hailed a cab home. But the Charles is lined with benches and such, there should be plenty of places to stop if you need to, not to mention the regular stopping points along the walk set up by the AAC.

@~;~~
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post

Booo.
you can always try, right? start training right now (in the nor'easter), and see where you can get before the thing. when's the thing? i forget.

anyway, get sponsors, show up, and do what you can do. it's not like they execute you if you can't finish.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
you can always try, right? start training right now (in the nor'easter), and see where you can get before the thing. when's the thing? i forget.

anyway, get sponsors, show up, and do what you can do. it's not like they execute you if you can't finish.
Exactly. I see people fleeing for the Green line all the time. I was one of them once.

@~;~~