Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Wink BBWMoon a Cover Girl?

BBWMoon a Cover Girl? Well, umm... No, but...

Last night as I was yet, again... Sleepless in Brooklyn, I went into one of my little photo programs and made myself a Dimension's Cover Girl.
The main picture was of me in Venice Beach, CA this Summer.

Creating the Picture was just for Fun, and I thought I would share it here.
I must admit, I pulled out two copies from my bookshelf to go by, One of Cat, and Heather. You go, Girls!

I must admit, Cat... Everytime I see any BIG funky Roadside object, I think of you!

Enjoy! (Innocent on the left, Naughty on the right)

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Lightbulb Now there's an idea, Chief!

Even 'though you're no longer printing DIMENSIONS magazine, why not put a new faux DIM cover online each month, having prospective models submit their photos like they did when you were still in print?

I suspect somebody here who's proficient in a photo program would be glad to pitch in, so you wouldn't have to handle that aspect of it, and you could select a few old timers (hopefully with good taste ) to judge the photos and make each month's selection. Or you could post a few of the prospects and let everybody vote on them.

Waddya think? I certainly don't want to add to your already overburdened life, but I suspect this could be accomplished with little effort on your part. You could insist that the photos be submitted within certain parameters, such as size and format, so you wouldn't have to bother with scanning.~Bountifully, Fuchsia

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hey Allie!!! Great job. You look so cute on the cover...too bad that Conrad is not doing the print mag right now, you would make a great covergirl. Having been on the cover twice myself...I know what a boost it is!!

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Wink Thanks, Sandie!

Thanks, Sandie!

The more I look at your picture, The more I think with our similar hairstyles and facial features, we could pass almost as Sisters, and...

since we could almost be Sisters, perhaps I could have some
of your Caramel Nut Candy?? lol, just teasing!

Great Picture, by the way! (ALWAYS Love your Hair!)

Hugs
~Allie
Old 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

That's such a neat idea!
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #6
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEast
Even 'though you're no longer printing DIMENSIONS magazine, why not put a new faux DIM cover online each month, having prospective models submit their photos like they did when you were still in print?

I suspect somebody here who's proficient in a photo program would be glad to pitch in, so you wouldn't have to handle that aspect of it, and you could select a few old timers (hopefully with good taste ) to judge the photos and make each month's selection. Or you could post a few of the prospects and let everybody vote on them.

Waddya think? I certainly don't want to add to your already overburdened life, but I suspect this could be accomplished with little effort on your part. You could insist that the photos be submitted within certain parameters, such as size and format, so you wouldn't have to bother with scanning.~Bountifully, Fuchsia
i like to consider myself rather proficient in photoshop and could help out. i love messing around with it (having quite got the hang of morphing, however).
coyote wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
BBWMoon a Cover Girl? Well, umm... No, but....
Pics are still there and waiting. If there is a next issue of the print magazine, you're at the front of the line for the cover.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #8
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Pics are still there and waiting. If there is a next issue of the print magazine, you're at the front of the line for the cover.
Sent you a PM, Conrad. You're very sweet. I think I look a tad different than a few years ago... hmmm I feel like I went from Vixen to Blitzen.
lol

Hmmm, maybe I could eat a few less candy bars... and go back to Vixen land!

~Allie
Old 10-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #9
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I could eat a few less candy bars... and go back to Vixen land!
Oh, no need for that. Our definition of "Vixen" is rather wide.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:52 PM   #10
Waikikian

Waikikian has said some nice things
Default Faux covers

If you did a monthly faux cover, you could make up headlines for faux articles inside. This has possibilities.
Waikikian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #11
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hmm...did anyone else notice this enticing tidbit at the end of the forum's FAQ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster(in the FAQ)
...In fact, the entire brand-new issue of Dimensions is on the site right now, but I won't tell you where ;-).
Anyone up for a treasure hunt?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Hmm...did anyone else notice this enticing tidbit at the end of the forum's FAQ??
Hate to disappoint you, Randi, but that issue was new a while ago... However, it IS up there somewhere. Unfortunately I am not sure where.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #13
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Neat! A treasure hunt with the chief pirate also digging around for the buried treasure!

Just send us a set of DVDs with images of all your hard drives... I'll vounteer to go first. Muhuhahaha. Wait, no! I didn't mean to laugh evilly there! No, wait! I'll be good!

Aw, nuts. There goes my chance. The rest of you will have to try harder. I think he's wise to this trick.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #14
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK, about doing the covers... Simple as slurping spaghetti. Here's a tutorial.

1. Get a picture.
2. Get a graphics editing program that can do text in different fonts. MS Word could do it with WordArt, if you don't want to use a real program.
3. Mess around until it looks right.
4. Find a picutre of a UPC barcode and stick it in the lower left corner.

Now anyone can be a Dimensions girl! Even me! I promise, however, to spare you all the agony of looking at me in my French Maid costume. Some things are better left unseen by the general public.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #15
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
OK, about doing the covers... Simple as slurping spaghetti. Here's a tutorial.....
Hehehe... Theoretically that's true, but there's a whole industry of cover designer experts and analysts with tons of secrets on how to make a cover stand out at the newsstand. The art of the deal is to a) get noticed with a catchy design and b) follow that up with good headlines and interest-provoking tag lines. That is the difference between languishing on the shelf and ending up in the shopping cart. With commercial magazines, seemingly minor cover design differences can translate into tens of thousands of dollars made or lost.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #16
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I must admit, Cat... Everytime I see any BIG funky Roadside object, I think of you!
Awesome cover, Allie!

Now, as for the roadside architecture. Why not take someone along to get photographed with the object?! We need new submissions, hint, hint. You'd be a beautiful addition!!

By the way, I just updated the Big Girl, Big Stuff site the other day with a couple of submissions. Check 'em out!
http://www.biggirlbigstuff.com/
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #17
fatlane
Starting Arvist

... hence the reason these are fake covers.

And I just deleted my French Maid pics. Seemed like a good idea at the time, though.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #18
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Talking FatLane,

you crack me up. Actually, I have a good photo program, and I doubt it's all that simple. Actually, I sometimes think they make them difficult on purpose. I've been trying to learn more about mine so I can finish Bountiful's website. I have several books on that particular program, and they're as difficult to understand as the program itself. ~Bountifully, Fuchsia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Now anyone can be a Dimensions girl! Even me! I promise, however, to spare you all the agony of looking at me in my French Maid costume. Some things are better left unseen by the general public.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #19
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Oh, no need for that. Our definition of "Vixen" is rather wide.

Pun intended? Hehe
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #20
Daimon

Daimon has super-sized repDaimon has super-sized repDaimon has super-sized repDaimon has super-sized repDaimon has super-sized rep
Default Why not Bodacious magazine?

Well I think you would be an excellent candidate for Bodacious magazine. Maybe they can feature your exquisite poetry too
Daimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:32 AM   #21
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tami, I was just going to post somewhat the same thing. Nice turn of a phrase, Conrad...

Cat, I still can't get used to your avatar. That is SO not the you we're used to. Allie welcome to the Dimensions Magazine covergirl hall of fame. I hope you get your chance one day. But maybe if it happens for real, you can be on the cover on your scooter?

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:12 AM   #22
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Sleepless in Brooklyn

I still dream about Brooklyn! I attended Pratt '69-'73 and didn't move to Manhattan 'til '76... I lived for a few months on the Greenpoint-W'msburg border in the early 90s when that scene was hot...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #23
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Cat, I still can't get used to your avatar. That is SO not the you we're used to.
Sorry to scare ya, Tina. ;-) It is Halloween month, so I thought I'd get in the spirit of things.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #24
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nice, job, Allie. Keep the good pictures coming!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #25
deancox

deancox has said some nice things
Default You are killing me,

I wish it were so, Miss. You are lovely.
deancox is offline   Reply With Quote