Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 05-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
PhillyFA
Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum

PhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Something that changed you

Has something that you ever read, or heard, or watched ever changed the way you thought about things in life. Back in '82 I was really going thru a rough time. I was 15, family life wasn't all it could have, or should have been. Started doing things I shouldn't have...Anyway, one night I was listening to the radio, and the new Kinks album was out, called "Give the People What They Want." I've always been a big fan of The Kinks, and the DJ, Michael Tearson, on WMMR in Philly, played a song called "Better Things." When the song was over, I was literally in tears. Ray Davies, if you only KNEW how much you changed me that night. I'm forever in your debt. Here are the lyrics, but don't just read them, try and listen to the song too.

"Better Things"

Here's wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness.
I know that better things are on the way.

Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you.
Be an optimist instead,
And somehow happiness will find you.
Forget what happened yesterday,

It's really good to see you rocking out
And having fun,
Living like you just begun.
Accept your life and what it brings.
I hope tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.

Here's wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the drudge and sadness.

I know you've got a lot of good things happening up ahead.
The past is gone it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,

Stay Bruised, Darlings.
PhillyFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mother really changed me.

Poor her, my diapers STANK, from what I heard.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Randomly buying a copy of the SPIN Alternative Record Guide in a bookstore when I was thirteen years old. I spent the next five years buying as many of its recommendations as I could, which changed my cultural life, and thereby my social life, definitively.
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default hm

something that was truly life altering to me was when i realized that no matter how thin, or how fat i was, there was always someone that would think i was never right, or someone who conversely would believe i was perfect...

people, you never can figure 'em out.

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Boy, THAT'S no lie.... damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialbFly View Post
something that was truly life altering to me was when i realized that no matter how thin, or how fat i was, there was always someone that would think i was never right, or someone who conversely would believe i was perfect...

Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
PhillyFA
Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum

PhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialbFly View Post

I can relate on a level, but it has nothing to do with my body. This was back in the early 80's, again, at home. No matter what I did, it was never, EVER good enough for my parents. I have 2 sisters, I'm the only boy. My sisters, or "the princesses" as I call them, could do no wrong. I'm the oldest...the only boy. Don't know what I did to fuck things up, but they certainly were fucked up.

Then I started to get fucked up to get away from the things that were fucked up, and that fucked things up even more. And the more fucked up I got, the more fucked up things became. And it could have gotten even more fucked up, had I not heard the song that started this thread. The words of the song made me think, that I could HOPE for something better, and it just might, by the grace of God come along. Thankfully, it did. Here's wishing you the bluest sky...

Stay Bruised, Darlings.

Last edited by PhillyFA; 05-05-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: mispelt a werd
PhillyFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

Going back for my second bachelor's degree changed my life. Up until that point, I would say that I went for a career that my mother wanted. I'm the youngest, and she wanted me to be the first of her four children to graduate from college. The first to really do something "spectacular" with their life. When I up and decided back in 2001 that I was miserable stuck in a hospital lab day in and day out, I went back to school for a degree in English...something I've always had a passion for.

I started back in the spring of 2002, part-time, taking a class here and there. But it was during those years of taking writing and literature courses, that I discovered a true passion for my Native American background, which lead me to have a fellowship at the National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, DC. I love learning about different cultures, but especially those of my own heritage.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!

I thought the worst time in my life was when my father would put me down for being fat. I was in Jr. high and I had a selfish, verbally abusive, drunk father. I thought no man could ever love me for who I was.
Then my son was born in 2003. I felt so complete within myself. Finally, I have a male in my life who loves me even if I weigh 245.
Then in 2006 , he had brain surgery. The worst time in life in Jr. High became nothing to me. I have mentioned this already but this is what changed my life forever. He is doing very well. He has recovered wonderfully. I thank God for giving the love of my life back to me. I tell him I love him every chance I get. I give him lots of hugs too. I have started to heal within my heart slowly. But sometimes I still cry. (Especially the last time he had an MRI.) He is only 3 years old.
mimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:03 AM   #9
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Live It!

My ex used to say "You talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk".
My signature statements were inspired by someone who really LIVED them.
I strive and pray to be better at it, myself.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Returning to a different college after a two year hiatus. Being homebound, watching the world from windows, I was stuck in stasis. The college I started and part of the reason I dropped out was attached with too many bad memories. People I couldn't stand in high school attended and it was "13th grade" for me.

Attending a school in Manhattan with a variety of people, many who had to work hard to attend school, they didn't have silver spoons in their mouths made me recognize although I don't come from a wealthy background, I'm lucky to have some degree of support from my family. It also exposed me to the actual world and made me get out a few days a week. Now I have my degree and in a better place mentally. I'm glad I went back to college at 21, It helped me regain my life and gave me a sense of purpose that nothing previously else had done so.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #11
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

In high school I was a closeted FA -- partly because I went to a tiny suburban high school where there were literally no BBWs for me to date, but also because I had the typical teenage-boy worries about what people would think of me if they knew I had a weird sexual preference.

In college I made a lot of friends who were openly gay. One night, as I was walking back from dinner with one of them, a car full of drunk meatheads leaned their heads out the window and screamed "FAGGOT!" at him.

That incident set me on the road to becoming an out-and-proud FA, because it made me realize that some people have to put up with serious oppression, discrimination, threats of violence etc. if they want to be open about their sexuality -- so what the hell did I have to complain about? That some jackass might snicker at me behind my back because I'm with a fat chick? That's nothing compared to what some of my friends have had to go through.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was in bed one night. It was probably near midnight and I was in 8th grade. I had my headphones on and my walkman tuned to some station I could only just hear above the fuzz. Depeche Mode came on and I knew I'd never be the same. I've never been and am still not a huge Depeche Mode fan, but they opened my eyes to what's out there and to the fact that I could expect quality from the music to which I chose to listen.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
I was in bed one night. It was probably near midnight and I was in 8th grade. I had my headphones on and my walkman tuned to some station I could only just hear above the fuzz. Depeche Mode came on and I knew I'd never be the same. I've never been and am still not a huge Depeche Mode fan, but they opened my eyes to what's out there and to the fact that I could expect quality from the music to which I chose to listen.
Great story! My own revelatory radio moment was Black Sabbath's "Iron Man." I still don't quite believe that some twelve-year-old nerdboys didn't have their minds blown by that song.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
loves2laugh

loves2laugh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesloves2laugh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default i remember...

i remember going up the escalator on 53rd and lex and heard a voice from within tell me to look up at the people going down the other escalator. i thought to my self- God there are some really ugly people in this city- what am i worried about. from that point on i stopped looking at the ground and started looking straight ahead when i walked in the street. i may not have thought i was beautiful but i sure knew then i wasnt alone!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Watching my mother take her last breath changed me profoundly. In the five years following her death, I finished up my bachelor's degree, got a divorce, bought a house, and changed jobs, among many other things. Amazing how watching someone you love die can be an affirmation of life.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
kathynoon
Jersey Irish BBW

kathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticedkathynoon never has a post go unnoticed

I have not had a lot of big things, maybe a collection of small things. But a few things that stand out"

A few years back I read the book "The First 5 People You Meet in Heaven". It really made me think that sometimes we affect people in ways that we never know, even people we never met. It made me think a lot of being a better person. Basically if you throw good things out into the world, you could make the world better for many people. But if you throw bad things out into the world, you could make the world miserable for many people.

My dad's death also. My mom had died the year before. Once my dad died, I knew I had to totally grow up, since I had no parent anymore to run home and be kid to. ... sometimes when things get all screwed up, I still want me mommy and daddy to come and rescue me.

Lest I keep my complacent way I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today. As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for? ... Eleanor Roosevelt

Ideals such as peace, freedom, justice, opportunity and individualism are just dreams without someone to turn those ideals into reality. Let's never forget the debt we owe our fellow citizens.

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
kathynoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #17
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dimensions changed how I feel about myself. All my life, I was led to believe that being fat was bad and unattractive. I never knew that there were people out in the world that had a different view of fat, until I stumbled on the Dimenions boards while looking for plus-sized clothing. I still struggle with how the majority of the world views fat people, but I am slowly become a confident fat woman and I no longer feel unattactive. Thanks Conrad and all you Dimmers!

~Punkin

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #18
mango
Mustachio Nut

mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!
Arrow

BloodSugarSexMagik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

This album came out in late '91 but I only really bought it a year later, at the start of the last summer before my final year in high school (after seeing the Pepper's 'Funky Monks' documentary of the making of this album).

I had always loved music but this album's fluid combination of kick-ass funk-rock and explicitly sexy lyrics came just at the right time. It reinvigorated me back into music. I picked up a guitar for the first time and began to teach myself to play only after hearing this album. I began buying CD's from all genre's in what would eventually become quite an extensive CD album collection.

The music had a whole attitude which I could really identify with and I began unconforming to many everyday things - from the clothes I wore in my final year at school (wild, baby, wild...) to the friends I had. I didn't have to fit in at all with anybody or anything.

It was the right album in the right time at the right place.

mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #19
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had an Afro-Ethnic Studies instructor who said that people do have differences, there’s nothing wrong with that. As humans though, we actually have a lot more in common than we have differences. Look for the commonalities, they will be there, that’s how you will be able to relate to someone different than you.

Also, my dad's death changed me (dad by adoption...). The way he bravely faced it, how (during the last few weeks of his life) he decided to lay all of his philandering to rest, how a lifetime of transgressions no longer meant anything, and how, in an instant, all of the precious little possessions which he jealously guarded all of his life were worth nothing. I gave the man who had been in my life forever a kiss on his cold forehead, said goodbye to him forever and watched the mortuary people haul his stiff body away. In some ways I have a better understanding of him now, that I wished I had when he was alive.

Stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #20
Lady Bella UK
Sit on me fat boy

Lady Bella UK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLady Bella UK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

"The Holy Bible" by Manic Street Preachers changed my life during my teenage years. I still can't listen to it without feeling immensely moved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Bible_(album)
Old 05-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #21
RedVelvet
Airship Pirate

RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post

That incident set me on the road to becoming an out-and-proud FA, because it made me realize that some people have to put up with serious oppression, discrimination, threats of violence etc. if they want to be open about their sexuality -- so what the hell did I have to complain about? That some jackass might snicker at me behind my back because I'm with a fat chick? That's nothing compared to what some of my friends have had to go through.

Never mind what the fat chick HERSELF goes through....sheesh....hello people....perspective here.

Sorry.......I just have zip, zero, nada tolerance for anyone who is pussy about their fat girl preference. I can't even fake it.

I'm glad there are those out there who do....They can help the youngin's in.......me...I only want em growed up emotionally, thanks.

You rock.

Spend all your money here or here, please.

"Reality has a well known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert

Come quickly! I am tasting stars!- Dom Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne
RedVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Joining a bagpipe band has changed my life. I learned a new instrument, performed in at a bunch of different venues and Ive met some pretty amazing and talented people. Some of those people are now very close friends of mine. I love going to practice every week cause our drum corp totally rocks and we have so much fun.

plus i get to see lots of guys in kilts.
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARrior View Post
I love going to practice every week cause our drum corp totally rocks and we have so much fun.
This, also, is one thing that has changed me forever, and for which I am truly grateful. Although I may not have completed a single season, or spent as much time in the group as I would have hoped, it opened my eyes to giving my all in everything that I do. Even when I feel that I am going in the wrong direction, a few certain shows, DVD's, or speeches about how great Drum & Bugle Corps is (and was) can really, really brighten my day.

I have very, very recently had the opportunity to hear something that has really twisted my soul a tad, but definately in a good way. I would have never thought it would have had an affect on me, but I suppose the way it was done, or the result that came about, possibly even the time I found out, was just perfect to me. Thumbs up all the way, Classified.