Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 05-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Clothing/Fashion Confession

The other boards have them, but this board got neglected...and as one of the resident fashionistas, I won't stand for it.

So...uh, what say you?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I confess that I have WAY too many clothes and do not "purge" my closet every 12 months like someone suggested.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

I still have... and still wear

leg warmers.

In the dead of winter, there's nothing else that keeps my legs warm enough in bed, and there's nothing better for keeping snow out of your boots. And I still have my favorite multi-striped pair from circa 1982.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that I will not, under any circumstances leave the house without a bra. No sirree, I will not risk the chance of putting some ones eye out...
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Teeheeeeeeeeee

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have shoes in boxes on the top shelves in my closet...

that have never been worn, will probably never see the light of day, and I am okay with that.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
IC that I will not, under any circumstances leave the house without a bra.
oh HELL no.
ugh.
just the idea of it makes me shudder.
and it's not JUST a looks thing, although unless your boobs are tiny, they'll always look better in a bra.
it's a comfort thing. i couldn't stand to have them all moving around willy nilly all day long. i like them hoisted, locked, and loaded.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
Trisha
Lard of the Rings

Trisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTrisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I confess that I bought some new undies a couple of weeks ago, found that I didn't like the fit, so I've been wearing them backwards (u suggestion I read here on this very board some time ago). I love it.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle camino View Post
oh HELL no.
ugh.
and it's not JUST a looks thing, although unless your boobs are tiny, they'll always look better in a bra.
it's a comfort thing. i couldn't stand to have them all moving around willy nilly all day long. i like them hoisted, locked, and loaded.
I so feel you on that - especially in the warmer months when I'm sweaty and stuff...I need them to be lifted, well...as much as possible.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
I have shoes in boxes on the top shelves in my closet...
Ditto the shoes. Ditto not leaving the house without a bra. Going out with them tucked in my waistband is just not a good look.

Last edited by rainyday; 05-10-2007 at 08:57 PM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

IC that as a horribly pretentious college freshman I used to wear a black cashmere mock-turtleneck under a green flannel lumberjack shirt. I'm still not sure whether this was totally ridiculous or the coolest outfit ever.
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 AM   #12
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

I too have way too many clothes & don't get rid of stuff I am purging some stuff I can live without that don't fit anymore but sill have tons that fit left. And I keep on buing more cuz I have a serious addiction to wideleg, flared & bellbottom type pants. I still have some stuff from the 70's that no long fit as they're from my skinny days & I still keep them cuz they are worth something now & have memories to them. I still have my plus size bellbottom pants & jeans even thos I've outgrown them, cuz I know I will never find any pants like them in the plus sizes ever again. I still have my leg warmers. They're great in cole weather...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:11 AM   #13
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
IC that I will not, under any circumstances leave the house without a bra. No sirree, I will not risk the chance of putting some ones eye out...
I usually go braless when walking my dog or doing laundry. I'm not that busty and I wear a really, really baggy shirt. Poking eyes out be damned! I want to be comfortable.

I also wear mismatching socks way too often. I just don't care!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #14
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

IC that ordering shoes in the wrong size sucks. Especially when they are so very cute.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have two pair of yoga pants that get worn frequently... though I rarely do yoga.

They're just sooooo comfy... I can't help myself!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I get lazy wearing a bra on the weekends & around house...dun' wanna. But then I get paranoid about droopage, so I keep it on. I don't think bras prevent droopage, though. Just keep you from seeing it.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
I still have... and still wear
leg warmers.
I'm not gonna be forgettin this one
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #18
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

IC that there have been many nights I have fallen asleep in my bra and never noticed.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #19
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I never wear a bra or underwear unless I have to - same goes for shoes. Torture devices all.

Right no I am a "B" cup I figure eventually I will be a "B
-long"
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #20
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
I have two pair of yoga pants that get worn frequently... though I rarely do yoga.

I wear them as well. I figure just the act of wearing them is a step in the right direction.

Same thing goes for drinking Propel. Drinking 'Fitness Water' is pretty much the same as actually doing the physical fitness, in my opinion.
BBWTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #21
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC I was given the most adorable dress in one size too small and I am thinking it may be worth going on a diet to wear
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #22
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I spend waaay to much on handbags, scarfs, shoes and other accessorizes.

Mostly because i hate dressing rooms.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This isn't clothing related, but . . . I confess I'm obsessed with Biore nose pore strips and will slap one on anyone who'll let me. I have a strange fascination with what can be yanked out of people's pores. I wish the strips didn't have to be so expensive.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #24
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love shoes with height, heels and wedges, and platforms.
I own stripper shoes, and hooker boots...but I always wear converse or flats whenever I go out, because I'm tall.

Those poor shoes....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #25
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle camino View Post
oh HELL no.
ugh.
as someone with tiny boobs i have to speak up.

tiny boobs look better in a bra as well. especially a padded one. ha ha.

i won't leave the house without a bra, it looks like i'm flat if i don't wear one!
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote