Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 05-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #26
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

I confess I buy all kinds of make-up and spend altogether too much money on it and then never wear it. It's just fun to play with.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #27
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I confess that I am wearing a pair of pants and a baby tee that are too small for me now - and I don't care! Though its not something I'd wear out of the house

And I'm with you all on the bra thing - I don't go out without a bra.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #28
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
I still have... and still wear

leg warmers.
By leg warmers, are we talking those thick knitted stocking-like things that have been staples in the goth/punk/"freak" fashions to some extent or another in the past couple decades or so?

Oh, for a C... IC that, having recently replaced my work pants with a more dressy than I usually wear style, I now understand what they mean when they say expensive dress-pants actually are more comfortable than jeans.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:40 AM   #29
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

When I'm at home, I go braless. I schlep around the house in pj's or a ladies house coat robe. I wear regular clothes and a bra when I go out anywhere tho lol. I have to wear a bra when I go out cuz of too much hanging chest lol.

I recently got a clear strap bra from Roamans. I am a 48 B & it fits good in that size. Except the cups are a little too big. Probably cuz they are padded. They don't have A cups I don't think. LOL. Is there anyway to get it to fit better? I thought about sewing in the cups a bit to make them a bit smaller but I dunno if that would goof it up...
Old 05-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #30
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
By leg warmers, are we talking those thick knitted stocking-like things that have been staples in the goth/punk/"freak" fashions to some extent or another in the past couple decades or so?
These things:

(See movies "Footloose", or "Flashdance")

Still available, too - so I'm feeling VERY fashion-forward.

SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #31
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I love that magical window with teeshirts when they are too thin and ratty looking to wear in public, but they are the softest, loveliest things to sleep in.... It never lasts long enough though, till they're too holey for even that.

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #32
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that my Mother and I went on a lovely shopping trip today --got a ton of stuff at Ashley Stewart. It's such a fun time shopping with my Mother; she's so jazzy.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #33
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Talking

I have a new pair of boots that I can only get on by using a 'sleeve' made out of a plastic bag. The inside of boot is untreated leather (aka unsmooth and damn near velcro-like to bare skin or socks) and my chubby foot won't bend enough to easily slip through the narrow ankle/heel part of the boot. So - I have to put my foot into a plastic bag with the bottom cut open, then put it (and my foot) in the boot. A gentle tug, and my foot (plus the bag) slip easily into the boot and my heel is nicely in place. I then tug at and wiggle the bag out of the boot, up my leg and then slip it over and off the boot. Ta-da... boots are on.

This necessity would prevent most people from keeping or owning these boots.

Not me. I'll happily go to extremes for great boots.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #34
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
I confess I love that magical window with teeshirts when they are too thin and ratty looking to wear in public, but they are the softest, loveliest things to sleep in.... It never lasts long enough though, till they're too holey for even that.
YES!!!!

Although really cheap t-shirts never get that good. But yah, a good cotton t-shirt just as they are getting ratty, mmmm, the best.

-Ed
Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #35
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
This necessity would prevent most people from keeping or owning these boots.
Not me. I'll happily go to extremes for great boots.
I love boots! They're totally worth the hassle. Any chance of a picture of your new treasures...?

Tracey xx
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #36
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
These things:

(See movies "Footloose", or "Flashdance")

Still available, too - so I'm feeling VERY fashion-forward.
Hmm... *shrugs* I see far less to have against this than many current fashions. Now... that girl's ass is showing...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #37
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
I love boots! They're totally worth the hassle. Any chance of a picture of your new treasures...?

Tracey xx
They're Frye boots - with an almost 3" heel, and they're the only thing I can wear with a heel that high. Definitely for more casual leggings or jeans-type wear (though I can see them with a skirt or dress of the right style too) I love them, and they're incredibly comfortable...

They're hard to find now, but I found them somewhere for $130... retail is $265!

Old 05-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #38
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Samantha, I LOVE them

I'm suffering major boot envy. Not that I could get them on my feet, or walk in them if I had them, but lets not bother with trifling details and instead, look again at the gorgeous boots!!

Tracey xx
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #39
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

my favorite pink striped dress has a giant stain that won't come out. I'm plotting on wearing it backwards if possible.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #40
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

what fabric is it made from, Toodles? have you tried a stain stick?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #41
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Quote:
They're Frye boots - with an almost 3" heel, and they're the only thing I can wear with a heel that high. Definitely for more casual leggings or jeans-type wear (though I can see them with a skirt or dress of the right style too) I love them, and they're incredibly comfortable...

They're hard to find now, but I found them somewhere for $130... retail is $265!

Looks like a modern take on old-style "cowboy" boots. I like how the toe is curved up... That could cause serious discomfort when standing for a while, but it's a major boon when walking, promoting the natural rolling motion your foot should take with each step; same reason I always buy cross-trainers.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #42
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IC I am going to the Coach outlet tomorrow, not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight!
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #43
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
IC I am going to the Coach outlet tomorrow, not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight!
Okay, so you know I'm going to need reviews on what you purchased!

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #44
kr7

kr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticed

IC: I own a pair of super cute and sexy wedge sandals that turn my feet into a bloody pulp every single time I wear them for any activity other than sitting down. I have to carefully plan any day I intend to wear them, to make sure I don't walk around in them. LOL! Needless to say, these are the only shoes that make my legs look awesome. Oh, and they look super comfy too (go figure).
kr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #45
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

IC: I have shoes I've only ever worn in bed. What can I say, some boys have a thing for shoes too

Tracey xx
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #46
Carol W.

Carol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I confess that in the past year or so I have parted with most of my goth wardrobe. Gone now are capes and robes, Morticia dresses, skirts and tops. It was SO hard to make the decision to let these things go; however, I no longer have any chance to wear them, and it was just too painful to open the closet door and see these lovely things that weren't getting any use. I can no longer stride along in a cape or robe; and without any black shoes/slippers/boots/socks the other things just looked.....well, lame. Hopefully the people who ended up with these garments will enjoy and use them as I no longer can.

Still with me are my gothic jewelry collection and accessories, (fan, parasol, gloves, velvet purse, etc.) as well as plenty of long black dresses and jumpers, tops and one skirt. Also I confess I still have my goth heart and soul! Despite my changed body and circumstances, I can never be parted from these.....
Old 05-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #47
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've purchased several maternity shirts lately. I find I can go a size down (as to emphasize my bustline) but still have plenty of tummy room. It's not like anyone goes around checking shirt tags or anything...
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #48
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I am filled with vague and unwieldy clothes lust right now--it's not that I'm craving a specific thing, but I want...piles of things, piles of possibilities. Pretty dresses and comfy things and colorful things and new things... I hate summer, I hate summer in Chicago, I hate sweating my humid way through this stinky city in pretty clothes, so this isn't exactly a summer urge, but it's not totally unrelated to the fact that I love this season (spring) that's here/leaving right now. Pretty little bathing suits, cover-ups, shorts that don't chafe but also don't bunch up like diapers, lovely off the shoulder things, hair ribbons, pocketbooks....whee!

I shall endeavor first in this situation to clean out my closet--always a good idea. Makes room for new stuff, reminds me what I forgot about, reins in the lust, so I don't end up with a pile of things I never wear. I always (paradoxically) get more content with a freshly cleaned-out closet, everything in it mended, my size, ready to wear, no clunkers, all nicely organized. So delish. Golly, I love clothes sometimes.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:51 AM   #49
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC to wanting daisy dukes. Yes, I do. I would never wear them out...I just wanna see what my ass would look like in them. *sheepish*
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #50
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
IC to wanting daisy dukes. Yes, I do. I would never wear them out...I just wanna see what my ass would look like in them. *sheepish*
I actually used to have a pair and they were HAWT! Unfortunately...well no, actually, fortunately I grew out of them. Gives me a reason to buy another pair.