Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #26
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Blackpool beach isn't rocky? It's sandy lol
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #27
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
That temple is absolutely stunning.
AM, that temple is really quite cool looking from afar. Once you get close to it, you see it's put together with cheap fiberglass facades, bubble gum and a prayer. But from a distance, it is stunning, as you say.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #28
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
AM, that temple is really quite cool looking from afar. Once you get close to it, you see it's put together with cheap fiberglass facades, bubble gum and a prayer. But from a distance, it is stunning, as you say.
Awww, total bummer! But I guess that's like many things in life, beautiful and majestic from arms length, but questionable support and assembly when you get too close. And we're not just talking buildings here.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #29
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Great thread, Curvy. I'm freshly returned from a holiday trip home, but didn't take a lot of pics. Here's one I can't claim, but I'm in it (as is Mystery Pooch, pictured in the pet pics thread). It's the remains of an antebellum mansion where, when I was a teenager, my friends and I used to go to drink beer and punk one another.

I loved the place then, and I love it now.

Last edited by Boteroesque Babe; 10-20-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #30
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

And here's where I live now. In fact, every photo in this batch was taken from one of my bedroom windows.

Did you know 7% of the world's clouds are produced right here in New York City? And I can see one of the factories from my bed!

I once saw a huge tarp, loosened from a rooftop, dance wildly in the wind. It was beautiful and hypnotizing.

New Yorkers are very proprietary about their views. No matter how conventionally unattractive, we grow attached. Mine is more Goo Goo Dolls than Gershwin, but I love it. It's mine.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #31
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

And here's one of my favorite neighbors.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #32
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default cool

It seems you live in Gracie Mansion. And here I thought Bloomberg was gay - turns out he's an FA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
And here's where I live now. In fact, every photo in this batch was taken from one of my bedroom windows.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #33
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Others have taken pics of my city. Eh. They're okay I guess.

Some of my favorite things have been viewed from this observation deck, or broadcast from this antenna...

To love New York nighttime is to love Weegee, and this is one of my faves. "Bowery Savings Bank," December 4, 1944

Sadly, the one shot I wanted to post cannot be found. And I tried. I didn't shoot it, but I was living near where it happened when it happened. Eight years ago this week, a giant sinkhole opened up on lower Fifth Avenue, gobbling up cars and shooting flames into the air. I think the best photo was from The Times. Wish I could find it. I cut it out and smiled at it for months, enjoying the fact that I live in a city where such a thing would happen. Also can't find the pic of a drummer who used to practice in the far corner of the roof deck my apartment overlooks. I imagine his place was too small for his drum kit or his noise.

Again, GREAT thread. I've enjoyed getting lost in everyone's hometowns.

Last edited by Boteroesque Babe; 01-03-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #34
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
It seems you live in Gracie Mansion. And here I thought Bloomberg was gay - turns out he's an FA!
You're assuming, of course, I would go near him for any reason but to pick his pocket.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #35
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I grew up outside Morristown, NJ - about 40 miles west of NYC. Here's a picture of the Morristown Green, a park in the center of town. The building in the background is the Presbyterian Church.

Today, Sandie and I live near Pueblo, CO - about 100 miles south of Denver. (As in "Write to 'Catalog, Pueblo, CO 81009' - the Government Printing Office has a distribution center here.) This is a picture of Memorial Hall (Pueblo's municipal building) from the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk. After a huge flood in 1921, they diverted the Arkansas River about a quarter mile and put it behind a levee. When we moved here in 1995, the old riverbed was an empty ditch. The riverwalk is a return of the river to its original path.

ON EDIT - The large section of Memorial Hall on the right is a large auditorium, where I've seen George Carlin and Gallagher perform and the local Democratic Party holds its County Assembly every two years. (As a precinct co-chair, I've been a delegate to the last two assemblies.) This hall is also the last place where Woodrow Wilson ever spoke in public. In 1919, he was touring the US drumming up support for the League of Nations. After his train left Pueblo, he sufferred a stroke from which he never fully recovered....

Last edited by Wayne_Zitkus; 01-03-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Wayne_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #36
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

This has been such an enjoyable thread. I will post as soon as I get that digi camera on Friday!! Thanks again for sharing!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #37
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Like Wayne Im from outside Morristown in NJ a town called Dover. It's a pretty historic area, I like it. Here are some pics

Last edited by bigsexy920; 01-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #38
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920
Like Wayne Im from outside Morristown in NJ a town called Dover. It's a pretty historic area, I like it.
DOVER!!!!

I lived in Dover for a while back in 1990. I rented a room in a house on Clinton Street (Rt. 15 heading out of town).

I also lived in Wharton for most of my last marriage. And my two grown kids shared an apartment there for a few years.

Small world.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #39
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Small world indeed. I actually went to St. Mary's for grade school, right in Main St. in Wharton. I grew up 2 blocks down from the then Dover General Hospital. Now most all the area hospitals are " St. Claires" then they specifiy by campus like DOver General is now St.Claire-Dover General Campus. Anyway, things have changed alot over the years the rolling hills in the area have all been cut into for new housing, It's alittle depressing but I still love it here.

B-
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #40
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
And here's one of my favorite neighbors.

Please tell me that you see this poochie being walked on the street or in a park by his owners with some regularity? Or else I'll be feeling bad for days.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #41
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Please tell me that you see this poochie being walked on the street or in a park by his owners with some regularity? Or else I'll be feeling bad for days.
Absolutely. Manhattan seems to be the epicenter of fanatical pup pampering, and I'm sure this dog is no exception. Probably visits the nearby dog run regularly, too. I think it's cool these people live without an air conditioner in their front room so this little guy can keep his pooch perch. (I'm sure huge summertime Con Ed bills have nothing to do with it.)

I love him 'cause he's so over people cooing at him. Wouldn't look at ya if you were made of bacon. My kinda neighbor.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #42
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm kinda torn between two worlds. I'm from a beautiful, rural section of Oklahoma, but have lived in Oklahoma City for several years.

Here's a picture from the rural area:

Here is a photo of the "Survivor Tree" the tree right at the center of the OKC Bombing blast, which survived and is thriving.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #43
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The lilac village

No one better stalk me.

My hometown is the lilac capital of the world. Here's a shot (not mine) of Lilacia Park

For many years, our police cars were, instead of black and white, lilac and white, with a big sprig of lilacs painted on the doors.

Then one day, we all kinda realized that lilac-colored cars didn't seem very menacing to potential evil doers and were, in fact, a source of great hilarity to everyone who resided outside of our village.

Now? Black and white, just like everyplace else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LilaciaPark.jpg (61.1 KB, 114 views)
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #44
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The lilac capitol???? You're singin' my tune, Jes -- lilacs are my favorite flower, for their smell. I simply adore them. Love them. Want them. But they don't grow here.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #45
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Don't be silly. Those dogs are NY's main producers of eggs.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #46
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920
Small world indeed. I actually went to St. Mary's for grade school, right in Main St. in Wharton. I grew up 2 blocks down from the then Dover General Hospital. Now most all the area hospitals are " St. Claires" then they specifiy by campus like DOver General is now St.Claire-Dover General Campus. Anyway, things have changed alot over the years the rolling hills in the area have all been cut into for new housing, It's alittle depressing but I still love it here.

B-
I remember going to the carnivals at St. Mary's. And the St. Patrick's Day Parades. For several years, I was the house DJ at Beanie's, which was a block off Main Street on Fern Avenue. I'd start playing when the parade ended and would DJ for 12 to 14 hours straight.

Those were the days....
Old 01-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #47
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We saw these guys, a mama and baby moose, on our way home today. It was about 4:30 pm, so the light's not so good. It was right down the street from our house. The baby's hidden behind mom and I didn't want to get closer because mama moose can be very mean when they feel their babies are being threatened. I took it with my camera phone so the quality sucks, but at least you get an idea of the wildlife we see on a regular basis. (A few weeks back it was a bald eagle sitting atop the local Red Robin but I didn't have a camera phone then). Behind them, that big open space, is actually a lake. On the other side of the lake is a big stand of trees, where the moose hang out, crossing the lake in winter, and going around it in summer. As a result, we have relatively large sightings of moose in our neighborhood.

Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #48
Aliena

Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie
We saw these guys, a mama and baby moose, on our way home today. It was about 4:30 pm, so the light's not so good. It was right down the street from our house. The baby's hidden behind mom and I didn't want to get closer because mama moose can be very mean when they feel their babies are being threatened. I took it with my camera phone so the quality sucks, but at least you get an idea of the wildlife we see on a regular basis. (A few weeks back it was a bald eagle sitting atop the local Red Robin but I didn't have a camera phone then). Behind them, that big open space, is actually a lake. On the other side of the lake is a big stand of trees, where the moose hang out, crossing the lake in winter, and going around it in summer. As a result, we have relatively large sightings of moose in our neighborhood.

Oh Miss Vickie, this is fabulous!!! I love this picture and the idea of seeing wildlife in my neighborhood is very fuzzy/cozy to me. I am curious, what kind of camara phone do you have?

It's a GREAT picture nonetheless.
Aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #49
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just got a Nokia 3220. I like it. Besides, it's purple. My favorite color.

The resolution isn't as good as my digital cam (obviously) but for quick snaps it's nice to have. We got this pic last year with my daughter's camera phone. Somebody, not me fortunately, had a very bad day.

Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #50
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Damned glad that's not my car...

Hey, Vick! Instead of just reading about your moose sightings I can now see them! Cool. Beautiful blues in that, but I still want to see more of you.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote