Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
fanofdimensions

fanofdimensions can now change their title
Default "Heroes" hidden bbw?

hey gang

not sure if this is the right place to post, but I thought I'd give it a try...dunno how many of you are fans of the NBC series "Heroes" but I am...anyway they have one character, a woman, who is a shape shifter who can bend light to make people see her as she wants them to see her, or anything else.

There was an interesting piece of dialogue between Micah, the kid who "talks to machines" and the shape shifter. At one point he says "you eat like my cousin, and he's huge"

The shape shifter makes some allusions to the fact she might be a bbw, and declares her support for Linderman (the sort of bad guy)'s plans because he'll usher in an era when "people don't hate you because of what you look like." There was more than a hint of sadness in her voice, too.

It was very interesting and I'm hoping she doesn't get killed by that jerk Sylar and perhaps reveals her true self to someone....

anyway kind of interesting.
fanofdimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #2
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Noticed that moment myself - and I think you might be right: that before her powers kicked in or before she could control 'em, Candice was plus-sized. Adds an interesting dimension to the character, though I suspect the only time we'll get to see her as she "really" looks is when her character is killed . . .
Old 05-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Linderman on 51

When Parkman psyched out the security guard to access the elevators... he extracted the nugget that the guard and his wife had dined at "Shopsin's" the previous weekend... Shopsin's is currently moving its location but for 2 decades was the only restaurant in NYC to have my art on its walls... I would love to have HEROES analyzed frame-by-frame for subliminals...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers View Post
Noticed that moment myself - and I think you might be right: that before her powers kicked in or before she could control 'em, Candice was plus-sized. Adds an interesting dimension to the character, though I suspect the only time we'll get to see her as she "really" looks is when her character is killed . . .
Was this revealed in the online comic that I never read? I keep missing everything!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
Was this revealed in the online comic that I never read? I keep missing everything!
No, we're just extrapolating based on a few lines of last night's dialog. I haven't looked at the online comic either, though perhaps I should . . .
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Aside: Sweet, there's a character with my name

=Divals
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
Tement

Tement has said some nice things

Just something I need to say, because I'm getting rather sick of people making this mistake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdimensions View Post
not sure if this is the right place to post, but I thought I'd give it a try...dunno how many of you are fans of the NBC series "Heroes" but I am...anyway they have one character, a woman, who is a shape shifter who can bend light to make people see her as she wants them to see her, or anything else.
Candice is not a shapeshifter. She creates illusions.

Thank you.
Tement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
fanofdimensions

Default well EXCUUUUUUUSE meeeeeee

Up until a few weeks ago we never saw her "create illusions" just change her appearance.

I guess some people take their comics and tv shows more seriously than I do, I had no idea I'd committed SUCH a human rights violation. Better call in the UN or something and fix this situation, stat!

:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tement View Post
Just something I need to say, because I'm getting rather sick of people making this mistake:

Candice is not a shapeshifter. She creates illusions.

Thank you.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My guy was JUST telling me about this earlier... he thought it was pretty cool too. Almost makes me want to watch the show, but I think I'm way too late to start now. Netflix will have to catch me up from the beginning someday.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We did see Candice pretend to be Micah's mom later in the episode. The actress was a somewhat plump, older black woman.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #11
Tassel

Tassel has said some nice things

I don't watch heroes that much... but maybe now I will!
Tassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My boyfriend and I thought the exact same thing about her being a bbw!!

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #13
interesting monster

interesting monster can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
We did see Candice pretend to be Micah's mom later in the episode. The actress was a somewhat plump, older black woman.
Micah then says something about how it was weird to see her like that and the shapeshifter said "how do you know this isn't my true form?"

Could be, could be...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Up until a few weeks ago we never saw her "create illusions" just change her appearance.

I guess some people take their comics and tv shows more seriously than I do, I had no idea I'd committed SUCH a human rights violation. Better call in the UN or something and fix this situation, stat!

:P
not to fan the flames or whatever, but i thought i'd point out that she did create an illusion when she was watching Micah. he tried to escape, and she created illusions that led him right back into the room. he said "how did you do that?" and she replied: "I can make you see anything I want." or something like that.

i doubt we'll see her true form. id like to imagine she's just a fatter version of her most commonly used image.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #15
fanofdimensions

Default um I acknowledged that..

I'd just gotten used to nicknaming her shapeshifter, saw the new info, and yet failed and caused calamity by not changing her nickname.

Ted Sprague's was "MCLMF" Figure that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild View Post
not to fan the flames or whatever, but i thought i'd point out that she did create an illusion when she was watching Micah. he tried to escape, and she created illusions that led him right back into the room. he said "how did you do that?" and she replied: "I can make you see anything I want." or something like that.

i doubt we'll see her true form. id like to imagine she's just a fatter version of her most commonly used image.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #16
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Well, last night's Heroes had a moment where Candice was knocked out - and the illusion version of Micah she'd created vanished. When we saw her lying unconscious on the floor, though, she looked the same as she'd always looked . . . sigh . . .
Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #17
Sanders

Sanders has said some nice things

I've seen a small amount of the show but like much of the world I am in love with the cheerleader.
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #18
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers View Post
Well, last night's Heroes had a moment where Candice was knocked out - and the illusion version of Micah she'd created vanished. When we saw her lying unconscious on the floor, though, she looked the same as she'd always looked . . . sigh . . .
yeah that was a big let down. not only because it would've been cool to see a BBW-main character on such a widely watched show, but it messed with continuity. her "normal" self is an illusion, so when she got knocked out and it got rid of all her illusions, she should've reverted to her larger/real self.

still a great episode and still a fantastic show. probably my favorite show right now.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:05 AM   #19
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'd just gotten used to nicknaming her shapeshifter, saw the new info, and yet failed and caused calamity by not changing her nickname.

Ted Sprague's was "MCLMF" Figure that one out.
Master of Ceremonies Like a MoFo?
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #20
MsGreenLantern
Keanu Drakula The Centaur

MsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticedMsGreenLantern never has a post go unnoticed

Yeah, I assumed she looked her skinny self, since every time she dropped guise she looked that way, even when nobody was around.

I adore the show. I watch it religiously, and the season finally did not disappoint. Holy crap though...Hiro is in ancient Japan! I love Mohinder, and Sylar. I find Sylar strangely sexy...and Mohinder..lord is he ever! I was getting so tired of TV before this show started. It was a breath of Dorky fresh air. (Plus..I'm a sucker for Japanese men and subtitles)
Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #21
fanofdimensions

Default nickname from Pulp Fiction

From Pulp Fiction, when Jules said he was a "Mushroom Cloud Laying MotherF*cker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag View Post
Master of Ceremonies Like a MoFo?