Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #326
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Chinese food always sounds good.. even right after you've had some chinese food.
OMG so true...

Anyhoo, the Taco Bell Pocono Edition Saga continues.

It's taken YEARS to get one here. And many of you may be thinking...god...Taco Bell...it's not even MEAT but sometimes you get a jones.
We'd been hearing rumors...but you know....most rumors are just that....but finally, we saw a sign. Not in the sky, on the side of the road: Taco Bell coming soon!

So I waited. And waited. During that time I lost a lot of weight, left my husband, moved in with my folks, had a minor meltdown, developed an ulcer, you know the usual 'life' things. Still, no Taco Bell. My heart, it continued to break. All this sorrow, all this grief, and not even one stinkin' chalupa.

Today the Taco Bell's caution tapes were removed from the driveways. The drive-thru has a sign that it's closed, but at long last, it's open. Or at least I thought it was. Me and about ten other cars pulled into the parking lot and we ran to the doors only to find a small Latina woman holding up a sign that said PRIVATE PARTY. OPENS FEBRUARY 6th. I gave her a pathetic wave. Maybe she'd take me in? Adopt me? Just one taco? A packet of verde sauce? To no avail, no mercy, no compassion, I was sent away.

I will get to you yet, Taco Bell. And one day soon, I will conquer a Sonic.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #327
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

I am craving Turkish food. Tonight I dug around my kitchen cabinet to see if I had enough ingredients to make a stew for tomorrow, I am so excited!!!!
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #328
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am in great need of fudge. Creamy maple fudge. I need something soothing and fudge won't leave my mind. I wonder how hard it is to make fudge..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #329
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

In-N-Out burger, four by four, mustard grilled, animal style.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #330
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
OMG so true...

Anyhoo, the Taco Bell Pocono Edition Saga continues.

It's taken YEARS to get one here. And many of you may be thinking...god...Taco Bell...it's not even MEAT but sometimes you get a jones.
We'd been hearing rumors...but you know....most rumors are just that....but finally, we saw a sign. Not in the sky, on the side of the road: Taco Bell coming soon!

So I waited. And waited. During that time I lost a lot of weight, left my husband, moved in with my folks, had a minor meltdown, developed an ulcer, you know the usual 'life' things. Still, no Taco Bell. My heart, it continued to break. All this sorrow, all this grief, and not even one stinkin' chalupa.

Today the Taco Bell's caution tapes were removed from the driveways. The drive-thru has a sign that it's closed, but at long last, it's open. Or at least I thought it was. Me and about ten other cars pulled into the parking lot and we ran to the doors only to find a small Latina woman holding up a sign that said PRIVATE PARTY. OPENS FEBRUARY 6th. I gave her a pathetic wave. Maybe she'd take me in? Adopt me? Just one taco? A packet of verde sauce? To no avail, no mercy, no compassion, I was sent away.

I will get to you yet, Taco Bell. And one day soon, I will conquer a Sonic.
You've almost convinced me to come to your town and start my own Taco Bell franchise.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #331
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
You've almost convinced me to come to your town and start my own Taco Bell franchise.
Believe it or not, Scranton does NOT have a Taco Bell. I was talking about the town I used to live in with my ex where I visit at least once a week. You'd think Scranton would because they're building up so much, particularly in Dickson City, but still, I haven't seen one. They have a Five Guys AND Starbucks WITH a drive-thru so we're not complete savages. lol Come on over!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #332
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I live on the edge of a metro with enough diversity that any ethnic food/cuisine is available if you can find it.

Right now, I'm craving a shredded beef and black bean burrito smothered with cheese and chile verde.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #333
CameoRose

CameoRose can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I am in great need of fudge. Creamy maple fudge. I need something soothing and fudge won't leave my mind. I wonder how hard it is to make fudge..
Megan, the fudge recipe on marshmallow fluff is delish and super easy

PS marshmallow fluff is vegetarian
CameoRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #334
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm craving Chinese!... good thing I'm getting some tonight

What's sad is I just ate it less than a week ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #335
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last night for dinner I used this honey BBQ marinade on some chicken wings, and holy crap, they were delicious. My daughter decided she didn't want hers, so I got them too. I bought a few marinades from the same brand, and I have some chicken drumsticks in the freezer, so I'm thinking I might have to try one of the others tonight. Next time I get chicken wings, I'm making more!!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #336
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I want rum ice cream
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #337
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
I'm craving Chinese!... good thing I'm getting some tonight

What's sad is I just ate it less than a week ago.
But the Chinese have it every day. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #338
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Copious amounts of Light and Tangy Chips and tons of cadbury chocolate or chocolate in general
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #339
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Believe it or not, Scranton does NOT have a Taco Bell. I was talking about the town I used to live in with my ex where I visit at least once a week. You'd think Scranton would because they're building up so much, particularly in Dickson City, but still, I haven't seen one. They have a Five Guys AND Starbucks WITH a drive-thru so we're not complete savages. lol Come on over!!!
Just saying the XXL steak nachos with extra jalapenos are mighty fine dining at the bell. Even my little part of the world way down south has the Tacos Bells - we are very familiar with 4th meal... and did you hear? next flavor of taco is the cool ranch dorito taco!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #340
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm wanting to make nachos with Doritos. I just think that would be the best kind of nachos! I have a pot of homemade beans in teh fridge.. all the makin's except Doritos!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #341
Your Plump Princess

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Flake bars, and stuffed crust pizza from Pizza hut. SO bad!

Which is funny, because I have little appetite thanks to this cold, but I still want them and drool over them, dammit!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #342
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hot fudge sundae with extra extra fudge! Ugh I just had the cheesiest most delicious pizza and I'm craving sweets so bad!

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 02-25-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #343
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

ooey gooey cheesy lasagna. I will have to add that to my menu planning for next weekend. I seriously want some!!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #344
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've been having a craving for ice cream all day.

This is really bizarre, considering it's like 20 degrees outside and, in fact, the coldest spring equinox since 1965 in MN.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #345
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Chinese food always sounds good.. even right after you've had some Chinese food.
Did you hear about the Chinese-German restaurant?

An hour after you eat there you get hungry for power.

(I'm from German ancestry, so please don't y'all pile on.)

- Jim
Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #346
Your Plump Princess

a Mt. Dew Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell! Gahh, so addicted, want so bad ><
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #347
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Bavarian empanada from Taco Time
Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #348
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Choooooocolate. Gimme.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #349
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For weeks I have been craving MASHED POTATOES! Just plain good old fashioned, mom made mashed potatoes. Russet potatoes, milk, butter and a little salt. I have yet to have them. :-(
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #350
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
For weeks I have been craving MASHED POTATOES! Just plain good old fashioned, mom made mashed potatoes. Russet potatoes, milk, butter and a little salt. I have yet to have them. :-(
The secret to mashed potatoes, as far as I'm concerned, is to heat the milk before you add it to the potatoes. It makes them lots fluffier. That, and to use my mom's potato masher.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote