Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Ten Reasons why you should NOT Diet!

I found this on the Igigi site and thought it was pretty great. This woman makes some very valid points. (emphasis mine, other than the headers)

"Diet used to mean what you ate; now it means to lose weight. It goes under different names including changes in eating habits, lifestyle choices etc. Whatever you call it, it's still dieting and will have adverse reactions on your body.
If you are doing without food, then you are dieting.

Ten Reasons why you should NOT Diet!

Plain and simple. Dieting doesn't work. And it ain't your fault, you aren't lazy, lacking in willpower or bored. 95-98% of diets fail because of other factors, namely genes, set-point, and the side effects of reduced calories on your body.

Your genes don't like to diet. Genes make you fat as like they make other people tall, short and thin. The theory of "Setpoint" says your body picks a number and that's it; Making it almost impossible to diet your way to your "proper" BMI.

Dieting leads to Yo-Yo dieting. (Weight cycling) which is when you lose a lot of weight then regain it back more than three times. This is very different from being 10 pounds heavier in the fall. I'm talking about losing and gaining the same 30-100 pounds three times or more. It screws with your metabolism, your health and immune system.

Commercial Diets cost lots of money with little results. According to JAMA, The average amount of weight lost on Weight Watchers in a year is 6 pounds. Why waste all that time and money for something as insignificant as 6 pounds?

Dieting leads to poor self esteem. After a while your entire life's worth depends on weight loss, you love your body when you lose, and hate it when you gain or maintain. You should love your body no matter what the weight.

Dieting can have the side effects of starvation and makes you fatter. When you reduce the amount of calories, your body goes into starvation mode and all it wants to do is eat. The current obesity "epidemic" (which really isn't as bad as it is made out) started only after the heavy push for dieting.

Dieting convolutes healthy eating, food and causes binge eating. Due to dieting I have trouble eating salads. I used to love salads as a child but I never want to eat a salad now because I associated it with dieting. Dieting also leads to binge eating. Denying food makes it all the more tempting.

No diet of any kind works in the long run. Zero, zip, nada, nicht, cero, zitch, none. Nothing has been proven to work. The current "cure- all" is surgery which has dangerous side effects and no real long term studies.

The dangers of being fat are overblown. We kill ourselves over being fat, but really it isn't as bad as it's made out. Often statistics are either flawed or skewed. The best example is the 300,000 which was the amount of people who died due to poor eating and lack of exercise and they somehow got interpreted as obesity.

Dieting steals your time. Dieting makes women focus on their appearance rather than wrong doings around them. Sure if you have a personal trainer, a chef, and no life you might be able to lose weight and keep it off. Instead of counting calories, carbs, grams, points I could be having a nice meal with family and friends; instead of spending two hours at a gym blasting Britney Spears for two hours which could result in injuries (both hearing and otherwise), why not go on a low impact nature walk?

Remember diet has the word die in it!"

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would just the thing the weight fluctuations would put more stress on the body by forcing it to quickly adapt. I mean like ya said about genetics sometimes that's just the way it is.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
Remember diet has the word die in it!"
This made it all worth reading- someone needs to put this in their sig.....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I remember Richard Simmons saying that about "die" being in the word diet many years ago. You think I would have learned from all my years in NAAFA and SA, but I still do diet from time to time.....lose a LOT of weight and quickly gain most of it back!

For me, that regaining really hurts my self confidence and self esteem!!!!!

Eating healthy stuff and trying to move daily works best for me and my supersized self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just have to remember that everyday! Hugs, Kara

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wish I could show this to my best friend Lindsey. She was so proud the other day when she told me she joined Jenny Craig. Like many situations I will just sit back and let her learn the hard way.
Linds did the Metabolife thing back in high school. She lived off cigarettes, diet coke and Metabolife. She did lose a ton of weight, but DAMN she was unhealthy. Then about 2 months ago she decided to be coming a vegetarian because a mutual friend of ours lost 30 lbs becoming one and she wanted to lose that kind weight. I think she has yet to lose any weight from that.
So her mom bought her a membership to Jenny Craig. I hate those places. My mom made me join weight watchers when I was 13. My 4th or 5th week there I went in the room to get weighed and I had an older man as my weigher. I had gained a pound for the second week in a row rather than lost weight. Well he scolded me for me. So I told my mom I wanted to leave, and I have never gone back. Those places suck.
Lol.... rant over.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

I like that, being on a diet made me boring and obssessive over things, no fun to be around and constantly pre-occupied with my thoughts on food. Which of course was stupif because it made me want to eat everything that I shouldn't simply because I shouldn't. I am far healthier just making good choices and allowing myself to eat stuff I want rather than getting so obsessed with wanting chips I would gorge myself.

Diets suck, and I love the quote!!
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've never tried to diet --I don't have the will or the patience.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Some counterpoints

You know, along with the floating definition of "diet", we also have yet to settle on a definition of the word "works." The "Diets Don't Work" mantra gets tossed around as gospel, but with very little common ground on just what that all means.

If "work" is supposed to mean "make every single person a size 0" then yes, it's safe to say that nothing is going to do that on a permanent basis.

OTOH, can we really truly say that "lifestyle choices" and changes in eating habits will not affect one's body at all? Sorry, but I don't think so. Do we really think that exchanging KFC for grilled chicken breast is not going to have any health benefits? Do we really want to say that you body will look and function the same way no matter what you put into it?

If the setpoint theory is accurate, and one starts eating more than one needs due to stress or boredom, weight may come on. A return to "normal" eating habits would probably cause the weight to drop back off. Similarly, a weight gain due to an injury that results in a drop of activity may reverse itself when normal activity level resumes.

I'm also unsure about the "time stealing" aspect. Changes in habit can become easily ingrained in daily life. The same trip to a supermarket to buy Cheetos and bacon and Coca Cola does not take a shorter amount of time then a trip to buy humus or pineapple or spring water or grilled turkey breast. Exercise choices are individual taste and interests---some people enjoy a long swim or an intense Bikrahm yoga session or a long hike. But moving one's body with a doctor's approval is typically a good thing, healthwise.

Personally I think self esteem should come from within and not from how you feel about your size.

As far as the notion that dieting convolutes healthy eating...I just don't understand how. We had a thread on the foodee board where people shared what types of "diet" foods they liked. Just because something is associated with "diets" does not mean it does not taste good. Some of the foods mentioned were raw veggies, humus, rice cakes, diet cola, and fresh fruit. These are all foods your body would naturally crave because they are healthy and provide it with the proper nutrition. If we're talking about what our bodies would naturally crave, is it not more likely a human body would want healthy natural produce, meat, grains and other real foods rather than junk?
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
BigBlueChickee

BigBlueChickee has said some nice things

I've tried to diet before. Many times, most especially back before I came to love myself and all the lovely flesh I have. I tried it a couple differnet ways. When i was abotu 12, I set about starving myself. I was big and unpopular and sad and thought being thinner would make me happy. So I dind't eat. I avoided breakfast, I made my own lunch so my mom wouldnt' see, which consisted of a small dry salad with some saltines and juice or water, and then picked around a bit at whatever was made for dinner, just eating enough so that my family wouldn't realize what I was doing. And I lost weight. A good amount. But I was tired all the time. I was sickly. I had no color. And nobody even realized I'd lost weight because to avoid them seeing and freaking out, I wore oversized clothes so you couldn't see I'd dropped a couple sizes. That so did not work. And I wasn't happy.

Later on when i got older, I tried "proper" dieting. I portioned out everything I bought ahead of time. If I bought fat free pretzels for a snack, and the portion was 15 of them, I would have baggies of 15 pretzels scattered in the pantry, and the like. And I excercises a couple hours every other day, and sometimes for an hour on the other days. Treadmill, stair climber, biking, weights and the like. I did that for about a full year. And nothing happened. Didn't loose weight. Didn't drop sizes. Like it was said...sometimes you just can't fight your genes. I was made a big girl, I will be a big girl forever. And since I realized that, I've been much much happier. I'm big, i'm beautiful, I'm reasonably healthy. Dieting sucks and dont' do it if its just to apease other people. You got to live for you, right? RIGHT!
BigBlueChickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is a grand post!

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
pani

pani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this boardpani carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Great Post

Great Non Diet Post!!!! Dieting does interfere with healthy eating for the majority of dieters. Dropping a large amount of weight rapidly (which is the goal of most commercial diet plans) is stressful to the body. It doesn't know the difference between a diet and a famine. So, it is programmed through thousands of years of evolution to then crave high calorie, high fat food to replace the weight. Any cravings for naturally "healthy" food will be overridden by high fat cravings. Drs Bennet and Gurin in The Dieters Dilemma explain this beautifully. Sharon Green Patton, in the book Stop Dieting, Start Living has another explanation most people can relate to. When she was on a diet, she felt too guilty to eat non diet foods. When she was off her diet, she only ate non diet foods, waiting until she started a new one until she consumed anything good for her. As she said, she never ate whole wheat or veggies off her diet because she associated them with the unpleasantness of a diet. Much the same way many people avoid work on their vacations. Dieting creates a good food/bad food dichotamy where food choice is determined by the diet and not the body's natural instincts. For some people, dieting is a religion. If that is you thing, fine! But for most of us, diets don't work!
pani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

thanks so much for postin this Joy. couldn't agree more...the evidence, in fact, is born out in every area of my life!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

As a friend of mine put it, the biggest problem with the concepting of dieting is the first three letters - but not from a standpoint of unhealthiness.

In proper medical science terms, "Diet" is a descriptor for what you eat on a regular basis. So there's really no such thing as "going on a diet". And the problem there, is, people "go on a diet" and then the diet... dies, and they go back OFF the diet, to the same way they used to eat, when they're happy with the results, and they just go right back to how they were beforehand. Key vicious cycle.

A change in diet needs to be a semi-permanent thing (you may find yourself needing to change your diet more than once in your life, for instance, to account for new circumstances in it), not a temporary one. Your diet cannot die, and you need to choose one that you can safely stay on for an indefinite period. None of the current mass-market/commercial/fad diets fits these criterion.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #14
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
As a friend of mine put it, the biggest problem with the concepting of dieting is the first three letters - but not from a standpoint of unhealthiness.

In proper medical science terms, "Diet" is a descriptor for what you eat on a regular basis. So there's really no such thing as "going on a diet". And the problem there, is, people "go on a diet" and then the diet... dies, and they go back OFF the diet, to the same way they used to eat, when they're happy with the results, and they just go right back to how they were beforehand. Key vicious cycle.

A change in diet needs to be a semi-permanent thing (you may find yourself needing to change your diet more than once in your life, for instance, to account for new circumstances in it), not a temporary one. Your diet cannot die, and you need to choose one that you can safely stay on for an indefinite period. None of the current mass-market/commercial/fad diets fits these criterion.
That's exactly right. The fact that many people want such a quick fix tends to be a big problem.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
mrman1980uk
Bicycling cake-baker

mrman1980uk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I wish I could show this to my best friend Lindsey. She was so proud the other day when she told me she joined Jenny Craig. Like many situations I will just sit back and let her learn the hard way....
The trouble is, some people never learn...
Old 05-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #16
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I wish I could show this to my best friend Lindsey. She was so proud the other day when she told me she joined Jenny Craig. Like many situations I will just sit back and let her learn the hard way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman1980uk View Post
The trouble is, some people never learn...
One of our suppliers dropped off some yummy pastries at the office today. And one of the guys who is more talk than action grabbed a Danish and said, "Looks like a bad day to stick to my diet." I chuckled and said, yeah, I'm trying to watch my eating between snacks.

It's no problem sticking to my diet, because my diet is to eat whatever I damn well please and be one happy woman. A positive attitude is worth more than any diet in my book.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:52 AM   #17
Damon
On Timeout

Damon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDamon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default The Zone

Ok I have a question. A few years ago I read a book called the Zone and I really changed to way I eat. I eat more protein, more good fat (canola, olive oil) and I cut back on bread and eat more fruit and veggies. Does anyone consider that to be bad?
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #18
chickadee

chickadee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschickadee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Damon: No, I don't think it's bad if you choose to make changes to your eating patterns and incorporate more healthy foods.

I think that the thing that bugs me is that everyone feels free to suggest to me that I "go on a diet." As if I haven't done SlimFast, the Zone, Atkins, Weight Watchers, skipping meals and fasts, etc. I think that I should be able to go through my life without someone constantly in my face telling me to go on the latest restricted calorie diet, which is going to end up slowing down my metabolism and screwing my body up more.

I eat healthy, I have switched my whites to wheats, I try to get more vegetables and fruits and lean proteins, I switched to olive oil- but these are all personal choices I have made. You can think of it as the difference between a "diet" and a "meal plan." In the past I've done diets, abused diet pills, exercised for hours, all sorts of stuff. Now I'm on a "meal plan" where I try to be healthy and eat when I am hungry, and that has been the best for me.
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #19
Damon
On Timeout

Damon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDamon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Damon: No, I don't think it's bad if you choose to make changes to your eating patterns and incorporate more healthy foods.

I think that the thing that bugs me is that everyone feels free to suggest to me that I "go on a diet." As if I haven't done SlimFast, the Zone, Atkins, Weight Watchers, skipping meals and fasts, etc. I think that I should be able to go through my life without someone constantly in my face telling me to go on the latest restricted calorie diet, which is going to end up slowing down my metabolism and screwing my body up more.

I eat healthy, I have switched my whites to wheats, I try to get more vegetables and fruits and lean proteins, I switched to olive oil- but these are all personal choices I have made. You can think of it as the difference between a "diet" and a "meal plan." In the past I've done diets, abused diet pills, exercised for hours, all sorts of stuff. Now I'm on a "meal plan" where I try to be healthy and eat when I am hungry, and that has been the best for me.
The word diet really upsets me because I think its a code word for "planed starvation". I do the Zone when I can I now some people here have tried it and it didn't work for them as far as weight loss is conserned. One thing I will never do is starve myself. If I did I would lose muscle mass and my bodyfat would stay the same. Exercising for long periods of time doesn't work that great either, combine it with a starvation diet and you've already set your self up for failure. Unfortunaty this was supposed to be the best way get thin and was taught as holy scripture. This method of training has led alot of people astray.
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #20
bigrugbybloke

bigrugbybloke can now change their title

dont know about 10 reasons, but 1 reason, i just love my bulk!
bigrugbybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #21
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

I think the key is moderation (or balance as I like to call it). If you focus too much on dieting and healthy foods, you upset the balance and can't be happy. Just think of a see-saw. When it comes to food, the only way to be happy is to make sure to balance unhealthy food with food that's not as bad for your health. Sure you may not lose weight, but your diet (using the scientific definition) will be balanced and you won't crave one or the other too much. I hope that makes sense.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #22
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyadmirer86 View Post
I think the key is moderation (or balance as I like to call it). If you focus too much on dieting and healthy foods, you upset the balance and can't be happy. Just think of a see-saw. When it comes to food, the only way to be happy is to make sure to balance unhealthy food with food that's not as bad for your health. Sure you may not lose weight, but your diet (using the scientific definition) will be balanced and you won't crave one or the other too much. I hope that makes sense.
Great point. Of course, it's half the solution. The other half is getting up and moving around.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote