Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 05-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
Damon
On Timeout

Damon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDamon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
it's true, everyone's entitled to be wrong.
right back at ya babe.

You know what's funny about this forum? The people on here that get pissy if you don't have the SAME opinions that they do. Or is that witty?
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #27
Damon
On Timeout

Damon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDamon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I have three very very good friends who are bisexual males. One is completely outspoken about both ends of his desire. The other two are more private about it, but they're certainly equal opportunity leches (like me!)...and neither of them is covering homosexuality with the liking of girls and girl parts; it's very genuine .
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in805081.shtml

Never let be said that I don't come correct.
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #28
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Methinks the former masquerading as the latter.

Something nobody brought up is the factoid that fat cells increase your estrogen levels. This would only work for guys, but maybe the OP was thinking that might have an effect on one's sexuality.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #29
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Why yes, I do like bisexuals!

Wait. That wasn't the question.

Of course men can be bisexual. Silly to think otherwise. It's just more accepted for women to explore it. I wouldn't see why it would have anyting to do with weight, though. Someone probably already said this (me = too lazy to go look), but if you're "out" about an attraction to fat, then you're possibly likely to be more open about other sexual attractions. You may be more apt to admit that you're interested in the same sex from time to time.

I'm bisexual and like mah men skinny and mah women fat. Like a MacDLT. The hot side stays hot, and the cool side stays cool.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #30
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post

It must be true! He's basing it on a controversial study that's been disproven by posts in this thread!

And it's not so much about a differing opinion- it's about an opinion contrary to reality.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #31
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Let's say I grant you that *some* men who identify as bisexual are closeted gay men. Probably true in a few cases. But a blanket generalization about anyone's sexuality isn't possible.

People vary so widely in what they want sexually. So what if some men are equally attracted to both genders? Why would that be a big deal?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #32
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

I am perfectly sure there are many men and women pretending to be hetero because they really prefer to be with donkeys, or something like that.

Also, for the record, I'm straight and completely into women. I'm also skinny. Is there any correlation here? Doubt it.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #33
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplaidpants View Post
First of all, I resonate with both edx on this. I do think being sexual in a "non-traditional" can open the door to opening other avenues of pleasure - queer or otherwise.

I also agree with Tooz. We do spend too much time worrying about the categories.

Given the fact that we can't avoid them, however, talk we must. Right?

I think a strand of fat attraction (if that is what you're implying) can lend itself to bi-sexuality or homosexual inclinations if fat and the pleasure of fatness begins to override, or take precedence, over the gender of your partner. Said another way, once you begin to really identify with the pleasure and sensuousness of fat, the appearence and proportion of a fat body, its size, and theh distribution of softness across your/another's body, etc....these kind of erotics can become more important than the gender of the object of your desire. In other words, the erotics of fat becomes more important than the strict erotics of gender (hetero, homo).

Now, your question was whether "getting fatter" can cause this. I'm assuming getting fatter is connected to your pleasure of fatness.

If you're simply asking if getting fatter causes bisexuality like running around wet in the winter naked might catch you a cold, I doubt it. But, openning up the door of erotics can lead to all sorts of discovery.

Das wa I tink.
quit being so smart. i find myself agreeing with damn near everything you say sir pants.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #34
supersoup

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
No.......... my weight has had many ups and downs over the past two decades yet I still remain the ever faithful slave to the you-know-what......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Actually I don't. Enlighten us.
tubesteak.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #35
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Of course you are.

I just gave a clear example where your opinion does not apply to reality.

Some gay men might claim to be bi/straight out of shame. I can think of a very successful former college football player who comes to mind, who had a lot to lose, and still does, if he owned up to whatever his sexual orientation really is.

I know quite a few bisexual men, and most of them just really like both.

I'm bisexual; I genuinely like both. Couldn't tell you why. I'm not ASHAMED I like women. My brother isn't ashamed he likes men. He openly has a boyfriend. He's openly had girlfriends and boyfriends and has been honest with them about his sexual orientation. He also really likes black and Mediterranean people. It's just a preference.

Saying men who say they're bi are just closet queers is like me saying any straight man who says that is just so insecure about his chances with women he has to hope that he doesn't have to compete with a bigger group of men. And we KNOW that's not true, right?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #36
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

There's evidence that bisexuality is fluid. IE, there are certain times of being more attracted to one sex or the other.

You'd have to study these men over extended periods to see if their arousal patterns ever changed, as arousal patterns are proven to change even in straight folks.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #37
supersoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
I disagree with that. I also feel sexual orientation is in born and not learned.
agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
I have a bisexual brother.

Trust me; he would not be ashamed to be gay. He also loves women.

You assume that all bisexual men are ashamed, or not out of the closet.
assumptions suck, agreed.
Quote:
right back at ya babe.

You know what's funny about this forum? The people on here that get pissy if you don't have the SAME opinions that they do. Or is that witty?
being confrontational just takes more typing doesn't it? this of all places should help one realize that people come in all shapes, sizes, orientations, colors, and preferences. roll with it, yes? some may think your opinions are skewed, and some may agree. it's the beauty of being intelligent, OPINIONS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxwing View Post
Why yes, I do like bisexuals!

Wait. That wasn't the question.

Of course men can be bisexual. Silly to think otherwise. It's just more accepted for women to explore it. I wouldn't see why it would have anyting to do with weight, though. Someone probably already said this (me = too lazy to go look), but if you're "out" about an attraction to fat, then you're possibly likely to be more open about other sexual attractions. You may be more apt to admit that you're interested in the same sex from time to time.

I'm bisexual and like mah men skinny and mah women fat. Like a MacDLT. The hot side stays hot, and the cool side stays cool.
i want some of what she's having.

Quote:
Let's say I grant you that *some* men who identify as bisexual are closeted gay men. Probably true in a few cases. But a blanket generalization about anyone's sexuality isn't possible.

People vary so widely in what they want sexually. So what if some men are equally attracted to both genders? Why would that be a big deal?
agreed, who gives an eff? if it isn't affecting you personally, why get your knickers in a twist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
I am perfectly sure there are many men and women pretending to be hetero because they really prefer to be with donkeys, or something like that.

Also, for the record, I'm straight and completely into women. I'm also skinny. Is there any correlation here? Doubt it.
i don't know if it's donkeys, i think it's leaning more towards llamas these days.

i'm done raping this thread now i think. the boys' aaaaand the girls' posts. i must be a bisexual quoter. or a closeted gay one...now i'm all confused.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #38
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i'm done raping this thread now i think. the boys' aaaaand the girls' posts. i must be a bisexual quoter. or a closeted gay one...now i'm all confused.
You're a closet Amanda. Reading a nifty pamphlet can change that!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #39
supersoup

Quote:
You're a closet Amanda. Reading a nifty pamphlet can change that!
pm'ing my address right now...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #40
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

hell, you turned ME on now

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #41
supersoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
hell, you turned ME on now
how YOU doin'??

Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #42
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Quote:
I'm bisexual; I genuinely like both. Couldn't tell you why. I'm not ASHAMED I like women. My brother isn't ashamed he likes men. He openly has a boyfriend. He's openly had girlfriends and boyfriends and has been honest with them about his sexual orientation. He also really likes black and Mediterranean people. It's just a preference.
And there you have it. TSL has no reason to lie about her orientation, or her brother's, since for all intents and purposes none of us really exist. We're just posts (suddenly I feel stoned). My point is that if she were ashamed she wouldn't be telling you and all the rest of us about it.

Let's say that men who openly identify as bisexual are really gay deep down. Except that doesn't make sense, because the stigma of male homosexuality is about liking the men. It isn't about not liking the women. The general social disapproval is with the same sex part of it, so adding a chick here and there wouldn't fix that. I'd venture to say that it's even more difficult to be openly bisexual as a male, because in not connecting yourself to a certain "side", you're in a new and confusing category altogether. And it takes serious guts to be that honest about who you are. Like TSL's bro. Not ashamed. Self-assured. Big difference.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #43
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I have no idea what you're implying here.

however, I didn't single you out for the wrongness, I did say "everyone." Methinks the pissy one might be you.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #44
supersoup

Quote:
I have no idea what you're implying here.

however, I didn't single you out for the wrongness, I did say "everyone." Methinks the pissy one might be you.
i can never rep you. dammit. suffice it to say i adore you and your posts, oh brilliant one.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #45
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

*gulp* Soup's talking to me--must not make an ass of myself, must not make an ass of myself....

Quote:
i can never rep you. dammit. suffice it to say i adore you and your posts, oh brilliant one.

I feel the same way about you and Lilly and various others.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #46
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I didn't single you out for the wrongness, I did say "everyone." Methinks the pissy one might be you.
Quote:
It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
immediately followed by
Quote:
it's true, everyone's entitled to be wrong.
If you honestly didn't intend your message to be a comment on his, why did you immediately follow it? Believe me, I know, I've had the same exchange with a liberal friend of mine - it's a nice clever way to say the other guy's completely wrong, but at the same time, it's extremely obvious what you're trying to do.

So don't try to say you're not. It's snarky and it's insincere.

SadeianLinguist did a perfectly fine job of showing Damon an example of why his opinion is based in untruth - there was no need to compound things by being a smartass about it.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #47
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

^^ Sure, it's snarky, but I would rather people be definite about what they believe than pussyfoot around it. It's the same principle as the convention of using "in my opinion." Obviously, because you're typing it. You don't have make excuses, you can just say I'm right and you're wrong. As long as it doesn't become a personal attack, isn't that okay?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #48
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

I wasn't being snarky. I also wasn't singling him out.

I never claimed it wasn't directed at him; I thought it was obvious that it was.

*whatevs*

eta: the second comment to him WAS snarky, because he's being pissy and calling me pissy--so, yeah, that was snarky. The first one wasn't. Just to be clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
immediately followed by

If you honestly didn't intend your message to be a comment on his, why did you immediately follow it? Believe me, I know, I've had the same exchange with a liberal friend of mine - it's a nice clever way to say the other guy's completely wrong, but at the same time, it's extremely obvious what you're trying to do.

So don't try to say you're not. It's snarky and it's insincere.

SadeianLinguist did a perfectly fine job of showing Damon an example of why his opinion is based in untruth - there was no need to compound things by being a smartass about it.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 05-17-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #49
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
^^ Sure, it's snarky, but I would rather people be definite about what they believe than pussyfoot around it. It's the same principle as the convention of using "in my opinion." Obviously, because you're typing it. You don't have make excuses, you can just say I'm right and you're wrong. As long as it doesn't become a personal attack, isn't that okay?
Agreed. But isn't being snarky just another way of pussyfooting around it? Only the pussy in question has claws extended.

Thank you, too, for reminding all of us that "IMHO" and "in my humble opinion" aren't necessary - all we've got to go on is our opinion.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #50
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

I wasn't pussyfooting around.

The "it's just my opinion" bs when used in the way he did is just a way to say "you guys go on being wrong, this is what I think." So I cleared that up with my "everyone's entitled to be wrong," since that's what it felt like he was saying anyway.

Which is why I was 'snarky' when he responded because he was getting all bitchy about people doing just what he was doing and I thought it was snark worthy.