Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Readers Forum

Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Demise/Ressurection of Curvage.com

Itr is with sadness that we tonight report the demise of Curvage.com. A successor to the former fatcelebs.com, the discontinuance was apparently due to two factors: loss of interest by the site's sponsor and increasingly costly bandwidth demands.

On a practical note, there were stories in progress on the site; some were slated for migration to Dimensions upon completion. Unfortunately we do not have them or,in some cases, the email addresses of their authors. Parties with information may PM me or send an email to observer_writer@yahoo.com.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I just discovered that last night myself very sad day indeed

I am the owner of a yahoo group, femalebellystuffers, a site dedicated to fat female bellies of all sizes!

all my fellow dimensions friends are welcome to join!!!

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
KerryNation
Inkblot

KerryNation has said some nice things

What a complete an utter shock. As I sit here and write this, I am still stunned.

I have sent an email to Luke via his Gmail account discussing the ways that Curvage could be brought back.....but to be honest, I don't hold out much hope.

My sincerest wish right now is that the domain name doesn't get gobbled up by You-Know-Who. He has a big enough chunk of this fetish as it stands right now.

Aw.....hell. This sucks. There's no other way to put it.
KerryNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
IwannabeVERYfat

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I emailed him too,saying I would be very interested in reopening Curvage as a yahoo group

She is My dream lady!!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
DownSouthBellyLover

Dammit, I was wondering what happened. I was the guy that was responsible for the Belly Barrages on there. Damn, guess i'll have to discontinue them or move them somewhere else.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:52 AM   #6
holmegolud

holmegolud has said some nice things
Unhappy

Well... The closest forum is expansionmansion...
If they could kind of "emulate" the curvage group, that would be great...
Anyway, curvage was by far the best forum... I am really sad and disappointed.... :'(
holmegolud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #7
IwannabeVERYfat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSouthBellyLover View Post
Dammit, I was wondering what happened. I was the guy that was responsible for the Belly Barrages on there. Damn, guess i'll have to discontinue them or move them somewhere else.
you can create an album for them in my yahoo group femalebellystuffers

groups.yahoo.com/group/femalebellystuffers

She is My dream lady!!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
Doctor S

Doctor S has said some nice things

Can't someone just make a forum and restore it's former glory?

Hell I could make a forum, there's many stable 'free' forums out there. I run a pro-board for a few years and it's done me well.

Making a curvage forum would be no problem at all...
Doctor S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
Observer

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Creating a forum or website is relatively easy - retrieving lost content and informing prior users about the new url isn't. That's why the abrupt shut down of any site with a reasonably large following hurts so much.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #10
Doctor S

true.

If it wasn't for here I wouldnt know where to go

hopefully something will come up over the passing days
Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
Observer

Default Curvage Revived!

The Curvage site appears to be trying to come back - but not yet successful.

At present there is a v-bulletin like interface and log in information. However, trying to use it presently produces a capacity overload message.

Hopefully the efforts to revive it do indeed succeed fully.

Update: apparently the overload message just reflects high usage. I was able to gain access after several tries. The forum layout is defiitely v-bulletin quality - and the segregation of the fine arts forum into three sub-forums an excellent improvement.

Congratulations to the revivers!

Last edited by Observer; 05-20-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
Phalloidium

Phalloidium can now change their title

It's back. I'm now hosting the site, and it's taking a while for the DNS system to update itself. If you can't access it at http://www.curvage.com/ , you can temporarily access it at http://curvage.phalloidium.ca/

I'd recommend the latter link for the next few days. All the user accounts and content were carried over just fine
Phalloidium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:13 AM   #13
Doctor S

you're a saint
Old 05-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #14
IwannabeVERYfat

thank you for doing this!!!!!

She is My dream lady!!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
KerryNation
Inkblot

KerryNation has said some nice things
Default Haaaalelujah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalloidium View Post
It's back. I'm now hosting the site, and it's taking a while for the DNS system to update itself. If you can't access it at http://www.curvage.com/ , you can temporarily access it at http://curvage.phalloidium.ca/

I'd recommend the latter link for the next few days. All the user accounts and content were carried over just fine
I'm hearing an angelic chorus coming from somewhere right now.

Bless you and thank you, Phalloidium!
KerryNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
superj707

superj707 has said some nice things

I used this old thread as a reference when writing the history of Curvage which can be found here.

http://www.curvage.org/forum/index.p...26149#msg26149

Thank you dims for keeping bits of our history alive.
superj707 is offline   Reply With Quote