Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 06-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #26
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

Very interesting information, indeed lemmink. I'm looking for references from JAMA, the FDA or some other notable organizations, but haven't found it yet, so perhaps it just hasn't reached those levels. But I am intrigued by what I'm finding - exciting stuff!
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #27
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
As always with home remedies, your mileage may vary, so please also consult a health professional along with home remedy treatments
Absolutely. Even non-home remedies or medical advice can be fraught with dangers for you, and this is even true of advice given by well meaning health care professionals like myself. Check with someone who knows YOUR health history because while many things are benign for most people, there are some things that are absolutely the wrong idea for someone with various medical conditions. Plus, a HCP will know what things to ask in terms of your symptoms, and that can help them make a good diagnosis and suggest treatments that are appropriate for you.

But speaking of home remedies, here's a little ditty that I have taken, and given, over the years. I got the "recipe" from a naturopath in Seattle and it's great for upper respiratory nasties.

You'll need:

The juice of one lemon
Fresh garlic, pressed
Fresh ginger, grated finely
Lots of honey

Basically, juice the lemon, add as much garlic and ginger as you can stand, and as much honey as you need to make it palatable. Then, well, bottom's up! The stuff is NASTY but very effective, especially if you can drink it warm or hot. The lemon has a lot of Vitamin C and thins your mucus, the garlic has antimicrobial properties, and ginger is fabulous for stimulating your immune system and thinning your secretions. The honey? Soothing on the throat and makes the whole thing slightly less vile.

In my family, even the threat of it seems to make colds magically disappear, and I can tell how sick Burtimus is by whether he is willing to drink this.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #28
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
Very interesting information, indeed lemmink. I'm looking for references from JAMA, the FDA or some other notable organizations, but haven't found it yet, so perhaps it just hasn't reached those levels. But I am intrigued by what I'm finding - exciting stuff!
Yeah, it's really only very recent, although people have been using this stuff for... well, years. The creams that have it in are available now though, I'm pretty sure. It's weird stuff, it just reacts with cancer cells and burns them, nothing else.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #29
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

You people all rock socks. I think this thread is fantastic.

Hopefully it continues to grow!

Last edited by SamanthaNY; 06-04-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: *grumble*
Old 06-05-2007, 03:01 AM   #30
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

Haha! That would be the smart way to do it, lol. I uh, just put yoghurt up there.

Yoghurt won't make you any friends around the office, and it'll turn any sexual partners off sex for like, forever... but yeah. Yoghurt will clear out a yeast infection in like, two days, max, and then keep putting it on for a full week 2x a day and after peeing and it will be gone.

Acidopolous tablets seem a lot more practical. LOL And less freaking yick.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #31
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've done the acidophilus trick before and it's worked great. I also take lots of acidophilus, by mouth, when taking antibiotics. It seems to minimize the problem, since yeast starts in the gut.

And yeah, yogurt? Veddy veddy messy. But depending on what kind you use, you can smell like a fruit salad!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #32
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default listerine

soaking your toenails, fingernails in original listerine gets rid of fingernail fungus (yuck, and it works)

you can clean the bottom of your copper pans with catsup and it cleans them all up pretty....makes ya wonder what we eat doesnt it?

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #33
PolarKat
Digital Sun tanning

PolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this board

Honey on cuts, scrapes, burnes..
wash the wound, dry it well, and put honey on it, and cover it with gause/bandaid etc.. repeat at least 2 times daily, and the healing time will be reduced, and it's a good antibacterial agent.
Honey is devoid of water, and pulls the humidity out of anything it comes in contact with this includes dehydrating and killing bacteria.. like hydrogen peroxide.. same reason why properly sealed honey has an infinte shelf life, no bacteria alive to ferment it..
PolarKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #34
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in
Default for heartburn

If you find yourself with a bad case of heartburn but no antacids,try taking a teaspoon of regular white sugar with just a sip of water..You want just enough water to melt the sugar but not a whole big gulp..Wait at least 30 minutes after taking the sugar before you eat or drink..Something in sugar cuts the stomach acid pretty fast and calms the heartburn..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #35
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

*bump*

cuz I lub dis one
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #36
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For mosquito bites, I've found that putting a little bit of clear nail polish over the bite bump, helps keep it from itching. Don't know why it works, but for me, it really does.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #37
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nail polish, Esme? That's like the girly version of Windex (the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding).

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #38
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Nail polish, Esme? That's like the girly version of Windex (the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding).
LOL

You know what though? It works, at least for me. It's like it seals off the itchy. I've done it for years. It's also great for stopping runs in pantyhose.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #39
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The pantyhose thing I knew about. It is also supposed to stop certain 'bargain' rings from turning one's fingers green, but yours is a new one on me, Esme.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #40
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

Speaking of pantyhose, to make them last longer and run-free, put a new pair in the freezer overnight before wearing them. You only have to do it the one time and that's it. The freezer seems to strengthen the fibers thus making them last longer. Before this trick, a pair of pantyhose was lucky if it lived past 2 wearings with me. Now, a pair can last months.

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #41
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default yup

I do the clear nail polish on bites too, it works like a charm. Also those clothes that run, put some clear nail polish on a hole and it will stop it from running, but do it on the inside of the fabric, i would rather have a small hole than a small hole and a run, lol..

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #42
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in
Default wasp stings

To lessen the pain of wasp stings mix enough adolph's meat tenderizer with water to make a paste..Apply it to the sting and wait until it stops throbbing before rinsing off..It will pull the stinger and poison out of the sting..

This really works..I got hit by a yellow jacket one day in the face..Took it on the chin as a matter of fact..Use the adolph's and it stopped the sting and my chin did not swell..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #43
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
To lessen the pain of wasp stings mix enough adolph's meat tenderizer with water to make a paste..Apply it to the sting and wait until it stops throbbing before rinsing off..It will pull the stinger and poison out of the sting..

This really works..I got hit by a yellow jacket one day in the face..Took it on the chin as a matter of fact..Use the adolph's and it stopped the sting and my chin did not swell..
I use bleach and it works like a charm.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #44
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
I use bleach and it works like a charm.
Baking soda or tobacco...or simple black mud work, too

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #45
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
The pantyhose thing I knew about. It is also supposed to stop certain 'bargain' rings from turning one's fingers green, but yours is a new one on me, Esme.
I use clear nail polish to stop runs in my panty hose from getting any bigger

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #46
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

SilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticed
Default Blemishes and skin irritation

We have been using Tea Tree Oil in my home for the last couple of years for minor skin irritation and blemishes. Apply with a q-tip to affected area. Works well on bumpies after they have popped. We actually used it on the areas my daughter had MRSA skin infections and the heal time was cut by more than half and it reduced the scars left behind. Great stuff you can get at most drug stores that carry herbs and supliments.

:smitten: Because every body matters. SizePositiveTV
I get bloggy wit it. :D The Sweet Spot
SilkyAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #47
goldendiamondeyes
goldendiamoneyes

goldendiamondeyes can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Things I Just learned the hard way:

Maintain high acidity in your liquid diet to prevent bladder infections. Acidity from cranberry juice or baking soda (1tsp in 8oz of water) will kill those bad germs and help drive them out. Don't do both at the same time, though, one or the other.

Add lemon to the 8oz. of water you drink ever hour while infected.

Use active culture acidophilous tablets like candy while on 2 different antibiotics.
I find that Alka Seltzer works great......at first signs of infection.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #48
Dorinda

Dorinda has said some nice things
Default Ear Infections

I'm forty-six and still have problems with ear infections...have been told it's due to a dairy allergy. True enough, I feel the difference.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #49
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

I just heard these two today and the woman that told me swears that they both work..

First one is to put a bar of Ivory soap under your bottom sheet to help with leg cramps..Also you can shave Ivory soap,put the shavings in a sock and put it on muscle aches and pains..The lady swore that this worked wonders..

Second use Vick's vapor to rub on the soles of your feet when you have a bad cough,it clear the cough in no time..
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #50
kanskfish

kanskfish has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Hydrogen peroxide...the weak 3% version, will remove blood from clothes and furniture...you know, when you "leak" during that time and leave spots? Pour some peroxide directly on the spill, leave it for a minute as it fizzies up and then you whipe it with a damn cloth...works wonders!!!
Cold water does the same thing
kanskfish is offline   Reply With Quote