Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #76
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

ear infections!

My best friend had horrible recurring ear infections and went to an ENT
this is the regimen he gave her. Works SERIOUSLY.

No q-tips,Once a week pour a little peroxide in each ear let sit a minute or two then turn head over and empty repeat on other side... my gramma used to call this "boiling your ears out" what? we are country!

Then at first sign of ear infection use a mixture of half peroxide and half distilled vinegar. Sometimes this is a bit uncomfortable/painful at the first dose but do it twice a day and within 24 hours I always see improvement. This has worked
when my nephews ear was nearly swollen shut.

Lice- tea tree oil (I poor a small bottle in a full bottle of cheap shampoo)
Shake before applying then condition and use a pincomb.
This worked after over a month of trying over the counter stuff.
There is also a preventative spray that is a mix of a few oils that is supposed to ward off lice. Parents spray it on before school etc...

True
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #77
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
ear infections!

My best friend had horrible recurring ear infections and went to an ENT
this is the regimen he gave her. Works SERIOUSLY.

No q-tips,Once a week pour a little peroxide in each ear let sit a minute or two then turn head over and empty repeat on other side... my gramma used to call this "boiling your ears out" what? we are country!

Then at first sign of ear infection use a mixture of half peroxide and half distilled vinegar. Sometimes this is a bit uncomfortable/painful at the first dose but do it twice a day and within 24 hours I always see improvement. This has worked
when my nephews ear was nearly swollen shut.

Lice- tea tree oil (I poor a small bottle in a full bottle of cheap shampoo)
Shake before applying then condition and use a pincomb.
This worked after over a month of trying over the counter stuff.
There is also a preventative spray that is a mix of a few oils that is supposed to ward off lice. Parents spray it on before school etc...

True
Back when this thread was new, I also put in a home remedy for lice. The homemade stuff always seems to be more reliable than the expensive rid brand.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #78
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't know if this one has been mentioned, but use toothpaste on a pimple to get it to heal quickly. You'll also have a minty fresh face too.

It really does work.

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #79
Quincy

Quincy has said some nice things

Had verrucas on my foot and tried tea tree oil mixed with bergamot oil and it did the trick!
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #80
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
I don't know if this one has been mentioned, but use toothpaste on a pimple to get it to heal quickly. You'll also have a minty fresh face too.

It really does work.
Never heard this one before but definitely sounds like an easy one to try

Tea bags that have been seeped in boiling water and allowed to cool off are good to use on extraction sites when you have a tooth pulled.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 07-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #81
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Just remembered a few...

Wood splinters... cut a tony square of raw bacon... small enough to fit on a bandaid (the pad area) cover the splinter with bacon and cover bacon with bandaid... in the morning the splinter with usually be out chilling on the bacon... may take two days though,so you may have to switch bandaids and bacon occasionally... much better than trying to dig a splinter out of a screaming kids foot or hand!

Another,
Bee stings
Take the tobacco out of a cigarette make a paste with a little water (or spit if you dont mind lol)
apply to site of sting and bandage.. with draw the stinger and pain out.

crushing flaxseed works the same...

Have more will be back as I recall!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #82
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
Just remembered a few...

Wood splinters... cut a tony square of raw bacon... small enough to fit on a bandaid (the pad area) cover the splinter with bacon and cover bacon with bandaid... in the morning the splinter with usually be out chilling on the bacon... may take two days though,so you may have to switch bandaids and bacon occasionally... much better than trying to dig a splinter out of a screaming kids foot or hand!

Another,
Bee stings
Take the tobacco out of a cigarette make a paste with a little water (or spit if you dont mind lol)
apply to site of sting and bandage.. with draw the stinger and pain out.

crushing flaxseed works the same...

Have more will be back as I recall!

The tobacco thing works! When I was about 11 years old I sat on a wasp and the damn thing kept stinging me over and over again. I had probably 8 or 9 stings by time my parents figured out what had me screaming. My dad did the tobacco remedy and I thought it was disgusting at the time but it really worked.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #83
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
The tobacco thing works! When I was about 11 years old I sat on a wasp and the damn thing kept stinging me over and over again. I had probably 8 or 9 stings by time my parents figured out what had me screaming. My dad did the tobacco remedy and I thought it was disgusting at the time but it really worked.

Same thing kinda happened to me... flew up my long skirt and got me.
I keep remembering stuff my mom did when I was a kid...Oh!

This one is a little odd and I have never done it myself but my mom suggested to my cousin when her kid had a heavy nosebleed...
I dont even know if people keep heavy metal scissors in their houses anymore this was probably 15 years ago!

You lean forward NOT BACK holding whatever you are using to catch the blood to the nose and have someone place a pair of heavy metal scissors on your upper back right below the nape of your neck.... on fat chicks this is gonna be the Dowagers Hump area... heheh.... they said it worked...
Maybe has something to do with the metal??I know alot of metals are said to have healing properties. Or maybe it is a diversion of attention for the kid? the have to stay still and concentrate on not letting the scissors fall off? I dunno but its worth a try I guess.

One more..
When cutting dogs nails... cigarette ash can be used as styptic...If you cut it a bit too short pack it with cigarette ashes...Another trick from my mom... seen her do it with her dog before..
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #84
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post

Mud or baking soda paste also work.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #85
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Head lice- use coconut shampoo and conditioner (Suave coconut brand is very cheap) - rinse in 1 cup vinegar:one gallon water solution

Something in coconut is a natural enemy of lice and kills them quickly- wash hair in the shampoo and then rinse with the vinegar solution
The vinegar's ph effects the stickiness of the eggs/nits- cover the hair in the coconut conditioner and use a nit comb to comb out- rinse in vinegar water again - then rinse vinegar out with water.

Anything such as pillows, stuffed toys, bedding, etc that can't be washed in hot water and baked in a dryer for 20 minutes or more should instead be sealed up in plastic bags sealed up airtight for at least two weeks. The lice and any subsequent hatchings all smother in that time frame.

I hope I just saved someone hundreds of dollars and months of angst with this post
As a preventative measure Rosemary oil is fantastic, lice hate rosemary apparently . Weleda brand is available at whole paycheck and lasts forever. When I was a camp counselor I would dab a teeny bit on my scalp behind my years and at the nape of my neck every morning.
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:54 AM   #86
ashishverma011

ashishverma011 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
Mustard or some white vinegar works great on a burn..Instead of ice or butter just put the mustard or vinegar on the burn..It will burn as it pulls the heat out of the burn but in my experience it kept the skin from blistering..

Applying Aloe Vera or cucumber also works really well to alleviate the sunburn.
ashishverma011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 AM   #87
ashishverma011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
For mosquito bites, I've found that putting a little bit of clear nail polish over the bite bump, helps keep it from itching. Don't know why it works, but for me, it really does.
Applying a dry soap or toothpaste also works well.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 AM   #88
ashishverma011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
i guess this post don't belong her, but what the....

if you have problems with eyeliners not staying in place and go away during the day, hold a lighter and warm it up for 2-3 sec. it works wonders.
Thank you for sharing this, I have been struggling with my eyeliner as well. I will try this
Old 11-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #89
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

How to Use Horseradish for Bronchitis – Remedy Recipes

Horseradish can be used as a home remedy to help relieve bronchitis, sinus congestion, asthma, cold, flu and cough. It can also be used to relieve headaches, sciatica, gout, rheumatic and arthritic pains and swellings, and urinary tract infections.

Horseradish (Horse radish, Armoracia rusticana) is a perennial plant of the Brassicaceae family. Horseradish has been used in Europe as a cooking spice and medicine for centuries. Horseradish sauce made from horseradish root, vinegar and cream is used in roast beef, sandwiches, salads, soups, meat, chicken, and fish. Horseradish contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and volatile oils, including mustard oil. Horseradish has the intense pungency and aroma. It is warming, pungent, antibiotic, antibacterial, expectorant, and diuretic. Studies have found that some compounds in horseradish kill some bacterial strains. Horseradish stimulates the body’s immune system, warms body, reduces mucus and excess fluids. Thus it can help treat bronchitis, sinus congestion, cold, urinary tract infections and joint pains.

How to use horseradish – home remedy recipes
To help treat cold, flu, bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion, sciatica, gout, joint pains and swellings. You can make horseradish tea, syrup, tincture and plaster. Here are the home remedy recipes:
1. Horseradish tea
– Fresh horseradish (grated) 1 teaspoon
– Honey 1 teaspoon
– Boiling water 1/2 cup
– Mix horseradish and honey in the water
– Consume it, 2-3 times a day
– This remedy is used for treating bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion and cold
2. Horseradish syrup
– Fresh horseradish (grated) 4 table spoons
– Honey 1 cup
– Water 1 cup
– Put water in a pot and bring to a boil, then turn off the heat
– Add horseradish to the boiling water, cover it
– Let stand on the stove for 2 hours
– Strain
– Heat the liquid to warm
– Add honey to it, stir and mix well
– Store in a jar
– Consume 1 teaspoon, 2-3 times a day
– This syrup is effective for treating bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion and cold
3. Horseradish tincture
– Fresh horseradish (grated) 4 table spoons
– Alcohol 55-85% 500ml
– Soak horseradish in alcohol for 2 weeks
– Strain and store in a bottle
– Rub a few drops on the forehead to relieve headache
– Rub it on the affected area to relieve sciatica, gout, joint pains and swellings
4. Horseradish plaster
– Fresh horseradish (grated) 1 table spoon
– Flour 1 table spoon
– Mix horseradish, flour and some water to make a plaster
– Apply it to the forehead to relieve headache
– Apply it to the affected area to relieve rheumatic and arthritic pains and swellings
– Place it on the chest to relieve cold, bronchitis, asthma and sinus congestion
– Be sure to rub the area with oil or put the plaster on a cloth before applying
– Please note, if a burning sensation appears, you should stop the treatment or adjust the ratio of horseradish and flour by adding flour or reducing horseradish
– Use the plaster on the area for 30-60 minutes
Please note, if you suffer from gastric ulcer, goitrous problems or renal illnesses, it is not recommended to consume horseradish. Before using horseradish, you should consult your doctor.