Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
philosobear
Thriving circuitously
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: behind the north wind
Posts: 255
philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default get fat spells...

Hey guys, here's a thought...has anyone ever tried using magic to get fat?

Our minds are vastly powerful things and we live in a world of wonderful powers...so what can you do with hypnosis, voodoo, tantra, spirit work, or the sheer force of desire to make yourself or another person grow?

Skeptics need not apply to this thread...let's just share the most colourful of our experiences, thoughts and fantasies...

Obesus, I'm praying you're gonna come through for me on this one...
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
Pookie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 463
Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club
Default

I wouldnt wish it upon somebody unless with their consent because its unfair to will something that they might not like... do no harm. With consent of somebody it would be a cute thing to share. I know I created rituals to help with my eating disorder in the past, and it helped me gain control, never lost weight as was one implication of the casting, but did help me control the starving/binging cycle I was in.

I do believe in the power of the mind, in magic, in spells, rituals and meditations, and can only see that if you can believe in it yourself then it will help you on the way you want to be. The Goddess is beautiful in all her forms, and as our ancient ancestors saw, she is so beautiful when rounded, curved and plentiful, so I would like to think she would help us in aspiring to be that beautiful.

Last edited by Pookie : 05-28-2007 at 08:43 AM. Reason: because I am the typo queen
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
braindeadhead
Senior Member
 
braindeadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 365
braindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Fat Spell

A fat spell guaranteed to work..

Get the subject to consume more calories then they burn. Allow the rest of the subject's life to work. Results vary based on family history and the individual's metabolism. Offer not valid in all fifty state, some restrictions apply, please consultant a doctor before beginning any changes in diet.

Some side-effects might occur included tightening close, increased grocery bills, an increase in fleshiness and an increased interest from FA's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rabbit_pancake.jpg (30.3 KB, 1545 views)
braindeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
philosobear
Thriving circuitously
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: behind the north wind
Posts: 255
philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

thanks Pookie, I agree that holding an image in mind is a powerful thing to do....

I guess I was assuming consent for the sake of this discussion....the other possibilities might make good stories, but no more!

what you say does pose another possible question...is it psychologically safe to ingage in get-fat voodoo? Your ritual sounded like it was carefully designed to be healing. One might have to take care on that front...
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Philosobear!

Naturally, I am here with guidance! Yes, the matter is clear that if someone wishes to be "on the gain" in a spiritual and integrated way, there are many inner matters to rectify and renovate. We live in a culture which is so anti-fat that it is an uphill struggle to be fat, much less to become consciously fat and to purposefully gain. It is the classic shaman's problem of intent....intent must be clear, single-focused and single minded. The problem with most gaining folk is that huge areas of unconscious negativity from our culture are still in there and unresolved...even I have that problem.

The solution is to integrate the gaining experience into the cultural, spiritual, personal and social life. That is a tall order, but that is why I founded the Ordo Ceresia Obesi Magna back in 1986...that was precisely my goal...it is a graded, four-degree system of slowly integrating the contents of the subconscious, conscious and superconscsious minds in a cultural and spiritual context which makes perfect sense...the megalithic culture of Malta...circa 2,500 BC...a culture which embraced the old values of the fattened and somnolent oracle, connecting earth and stars in constant dream.

There is obviously a lot more to all this, but this emboldens me to put the pathworkings back up on the old Obesonomicon site, which I took down a while ago...I never really had much interest in it, but it could still serve as a notebook for my own work...I do have a couple of decades' worth of journal notes as well...I suppose the resource might be valuable...
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"

Last edited by Obesus : 07-13-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default I think you misunderstand....

Philosobear's intent here is to fatten himself...he is a gainer...real practitioners of Holy Magick do not even dream of attempting to force their will upon anyone without their consent...that would constitute Black Magic in its' basest form. The result is usually a tremendous return of negative energies to the Black Magician. There is certainly a whole fantasy world of inducing someone else to gaining as in the stories of our friend, Wilson Barbers, but that is all it is...fantasy. Our discussion here is about the power of the mind within oneself to create transformation....and that is indisputable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindeadhead View Post
A fat spell guaranteed to work..

Get the subject to consume more calories then they burn. Allow the rest of the subject's life to work. Results vary based on family history and the individual's metabolism. Offer not valid in all fifty state, some restrictions apply, please consultant a doctor before beginning any changes in diet.

Some side-effects might occur included tightening close, increased grocery bills, an increase in fleshiness and an increased interest from FA's.
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
philosobear
Thriving circuitously
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: behind the north wind
Posts: 255
philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

hey dude, nice to see you again...

yes, single pointed intent, supporting rituals, and getting beyond the deep dark negativity attached to fat...all highly relevant....

In terms of single-pointed intent...well, I don't do brilliantly well...it's something I need to work on....

I think it's really important to have rituals that give meaning to eating...we have plenty in 'normal' life, but if the desire to gain puts one out of synch with that, it can be bad news. Food is psychoactive, and if it's effects should be directed, and it's source honoured if it is going to bring bodily and mental health.

As for getting beyond the cultural inhibitions...perhaps that really is something only shared rituals can get past....a social problem may be best addressed in groups. And that is perhaps where our american brethren may have to lead...the English are notoriously poor at anything that resembles group therapy or public worship...and what might be needed is something a lot like a cross between the two!
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts
 
Jack Skellington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,451
Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Muggles.

I'm pretty sure I have a spell to sour milk and cause impotence though.
__________________
Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat, call in the spirits wherever they’re at. Rap on a table, it’s time to respond, send us a message from somewhere beyond.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
ataraxia
Senior Hoser
 
ataraxia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,020
ataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosobear View Post
what you say does pose another possible question...is it psychologically safe to ingage in get-fat voodoo? Your ritual sounded like it was carefully designed to be healing. One might have to take care on that front...
The trouble with magick is that it's so psychologically sensitive. It's safe as long as you think it is... and *not* safe when you think it isn't. And you see where this is going - now that you've considered the possibility of danger, you won't be able to get it out of your head without some serious effort. The same goes for doubt - once you don't think it'll work, then it won't.

Sorry to be a downer, but magick is just plain hard.
__________________
Quantum physics means never knowing WTF is going on.
ataraxia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Ahhhh...Magick is not a shortcut....

I am told that computer programming is hard and takes time and energy and discipline and will to learn if you have never done it before and everyone tells you that you won't be any good at it and you are just wasting your time.

Magick is not about shortcuts...it is about marshalling all of one's aspects in an integrated and intentful way towards a desired and important goal....a new way of life, Yes, the goal may have dangerous aspects, but you have to figure out if you can work with them before you begin the journey. If you really don't have any apptitude or ability with computer programming, why go into it at all? Magick demands time, infinite patience, attention to details, mindfulness and one-pointed focus...in that respect, it mirrors the martial arts and, of course, they are not "easy" to learn if you have never done them before. The big questions...is that what I really want and will this aid my evolution as a sentient being have to be thought out carefully ahead of time and then if barriers remain, they must be worked on, inch by inch. Israel Regardie was quite wise in suggesting that anyone who is doing Magick should also be doing some form of therapy in order to deal with anything that might arise along the way...good advice from a master....these things do arise and they must be dealt with...Magick is a harder path than most would choose, but the rewards for success are also unusually higher than the average person would consider....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
The trouble with magick is that it's so psychologically sensitive. It's safe as long as you think it is... and *not* safe when you think it isn't. And you see where this is going - now that you've considered the possibility of danger, you won't be able to get it out of your head without some serious effort. The same goes for doubt - once you don't think it'll work, then it won't.

Sorry to be a downer, but magick is just plain hard.
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
FatAndProud
It's science!
 
FatAndProud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a Newtonian world of Einsteinian physics ruled by Frankenstein logic.
Posts: 2,802
FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!FatAndProud keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

abrakadabrah. monkey doo. i just put some fairy dust on joo.

Are you fat yet? i did the spell. really. i did.

*Shoves a donut in your mouth when you're about to answer* See. It's how you get fat.
__________________
My Dream Suitor: "Man, in times like these, I wish I was the enzyme DNA Helicase..."

Me: "Oh? Why?"

My Dream Suitor: "So I could unzip your genes."

FatAndProud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #12
distanceFA
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I sold my soul to Satan once. I'm not kidding. I was like 12, I had wanted to be fat for as long as I could remember, and so I abondoned my Christian faith sense God wouldn't answer my Fat prayers and asked Satan to make me fat (I think I called him Lucifer so he felt less evil).

He never did make me fat. I left the Lucifer faith as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 AM   #13
Pookie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 463
Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club
Default

lol.... Satan IS part of the Christian faith... you never abandoned it at all.
Makes me laugh when people say I worship the devil... um no, he is YOUR creation, not mine.

Anyways, yes, my spell was to help heal myself to try and gain some control over the harm I was causing myself without wanting too. I dont think it dangerous to ask for help in maintaining my health and believing that I would be helped, even if you dont believe in the power of magic you have to believe in the power of our own minds and that something to strengthen our convictions to achieve something can only be positive in getting that goal.

I firmly believe in the power I can create, seen some amazing things that validate that and that which I dont believe would have happened without my input. I have proof of my beliefs which is more than millions of people have.
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:22 AM   #14
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.
 
Kimberleigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West of Metro West
Posts: 940
Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Harness the power that Nature provides, young man.
If it is your sincere desire to be larger than life, (and by that I mean fat) embrace the loveliness and fat-producing properties of food.

Eat lush, whole food, and consider every meal a banquet. Make them full of your own ritual and mystery.
Every meal an opportunity to embrace the magic.

A Break Fast
Preparation:
Set the table with a placemat, silverware. Find a nice view outside. Do not watch TV, music in the background is okay, but nothing jarring or too fast. You will need to concentrate.

Spell ingredients:
Whole milk or cream and plump, luscious blueberries on chewy granola full of nuts. Dense whole wheat bread toasted, spread with cashew butter and topped with raspberries. Maple Bacon, cooked to just crispy, glistening with fat. Your choice of coffee or tea, a juice, and more milk to drink.

Work the magic:
Sit at the table and admire the food for a moment. Begin to eat, slowly, with care to enjoy every mouthful, focusing on the food, nourishing and supporting you and your goal, to be large. Do not let worries of the day interfere with the enjoyment and possibilities of food.

End:
When the food has been consumed, take one last look out the window, and a deep breath. Thank your body for it's strength and power, and sincerely wish that the food you have consumed will do as you ask, and make you big. Dishes, glasses and silver should be ritually cleansed and stored appropriately for the next spellcasting.

Last edited by Kimberleigh : 05-29-2007 at 04:23 AM. Reason: tiny typo
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:43 AM   #15
LillyBBBW
Back from the dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,528
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
abrakadabrah. monkey doo. i just put some fairy dust on joo.

Are you fat yet? i did the spell. really. i did.

*Shoves a donut in your mouth when you're about to answer* See. It's how you get fat.
OMG, that *totally* worked. I'm fat as hell now.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #16
TallFatSue
Happily Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,878
TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

It all depends on what the definition of "magic" is. I don't believe in magic of the "fire burn, and caldron bubble" variety, but I do believe in the magic of a positive attitude, and the miracle that we exist at all on this spinning speck of dust in the cosmos. Some people expect magic to do their work for them.

I didn't try to gain so much weight, but I sure didn't try to stop either, and magic didn't have much to do with it. On the other hand, today my husband & I celebrate our silver anniversary, and despite some ups and downs, we seem to live charmed lives. A lot of it is great good fortune, but much of it is also having the simple good sense to make good decisions when opportunities presented themselves. Maybe that's the magic of it. I hated my size until I gave myself an attitude adjustment in high school, and now I know that obesity is one of the best things that ever happened to me. My fat helped teach me what is and is not truly important in life and forced me to think creatively. My fat also helped me learn how to set priorities. And of course learning to love my fat helped me realize that it was perfectly okay to be abby-normal and dance to the beat of a different drummer. Now that's magic.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #17
philosobear
Thriving circuitously
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: behind the north wind
Posts: 255
philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
The trouble with magick is that it's so psychologically sensitive. It's safe as long as you think it is... and *not* safe when you think it isn't. And you see where this is going - now that you've considered the possibility of danger, you won't be able to get it out of your head without some serious effort. The same goes for doubt - once you don't think it'll work, then it won't.

Sorry to be a downer, but magick is just plain hard.
fair enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus View Post
I am told that computer programming is hard and takes time and energy and discipline and will to learn if you have never done it before and everyone tells you that you won't be any good at it and you are just wasting your time.

Magick is not about shortcuts...it is about marshalling all of one's aspects in an integrated and intentful way towards a desired and important goal....a new way of life, Yes, the goal may have dangerous aspects, but you have to figure out if you can work with them before you begin the journey. If you really don't have any apptitude or ability with computer programming, why go into it at all? Magick demands time, infinite patience, attention to details, mindfulness and one-pointed focus...in that respect, it mirrors the martial arts and, of course, they are not "easy" to learn if you have never done them before. The big questions...is that what I really want and will this aid my evolution as a sentient being have to be thought out carefully ahead of time and then if barriers remain, they must be worked on, inch by inch. Israel Regardie was quite wise in suggesting that anyone who is doing Magick should also be doing some form of therapy in order to deal with anything that might arise along the way...good advice from a master....these things do arise and they must be dealt with...Magick is a harder path than most would choose, but the rewards for success are also unusually higher than the average person would consider....
how I'm curious about the role of the fattened oracle in all this. I have to say I am at my very least oracular when stuffed with food. That may just be my reaction, or a may be doing it wrong! I read your quote of a description of a fat female oracle in a previous thread. It was a vivid passage, but did not give much of the how or the why of what was going on...could you sketch in some of the blanks for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
lol.... Satan IS part of the Christian faith... you never abandoned it at all.
Makes me laugh when people say I worship the devil... um no, he is YOUR creation, not mine.

Anyways, yes, my spell was to help heal myself to try and gain some control over the harm I was causing myself without wanting too. I dont think it dangerous to ask for help in maintaining my health and believing that I would be helped, even if you dont believe in the power of magic you have to believe in the power of our own minds and that something to strengthen our convictions to achieve something can only be positive in getting that goal.

I firmly believe in the power I can create, seen some amazing things that validate that and that which I dont believe would have happened without my input. I have proof of my beliefs which is more than millions of people have.
thanks for sharing, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Harness the power that Nature provides, young man.
If it is your sincere desire to be larger than life, (and by that I mean fat) embrace the loveliness and fat-producing properties of food.

Eat lush, whole food, and consider every meal a banquet. Make them full of your own ritual and mystery.
Every meal an opportunity to embrace the magic.

A Break Fast
Preparation:
Set the table with a placemat, silverware. Find a nice view outside. Do not watch TV, music in the background is okay, but nothing jarring or too fast. You will need to concentrate.

Spell ingredients:
Whole milk or cream and plump, luscious blueberries on chewy granola full of nuts. Dense whole wheat bread toasted, spread with cashew butter and topped with raspberries. Maple Bacon, cooked to just crispy, glistening with fat. Your choice of coffee or tea, a juice, and more milk to drink.

Work the magic:
Sit at the table and admire the food for a moment. Begin to eat, slowly, with care to enjoy every mouthful, focusing on the food, nourishing and supporting you and your goal, to be large. Do not let worries of the day interfere with the enjoyment and possibilities of food.

End:
When the food has been consumed, take one last look out the window, and a deep breath. Thank your body for it's strength and power, and sincerely wish that the food you have consumed will do as you ask, and make you big. Dishes, glasses and silver should be ritually cleansed and stored appropriately for the next spellcasting.
like normal, but with more dignity. Does the spell involve good company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallFatSue View Post
It all depends on what the definition of "magic" is. I don't believe in magic of the "fire burn, and caldron bubble" variety, but I do believe in the magic of a positive attitude, and the miracle that we exist at all on this spinning speck of dust in the cosmos. Some people expect magic to do their work for them.

I didn't try to gain so much weight, but I sure didn't try to stop either, and magic didn't have much to do with it. On the other hand, today my husband & I celebrate our silver anniversary, and despite some ups and downs, we seem to live charmed lives. A lot of it is great good fortune, but much of it is also having the simple good sense to make good decisions when opportunities presented themselves. Maybe that's the magic of it. I hated my size until I gave myself an attitude adjustment in high school, and now I know that obesity is one of the best things that ever happened to me. My fat helped teach me what is and is not truly important in life and forced me to think creatively. My fat also helped me learn how to set priorities. And of course learning to love my fat helped me realize that it was perfectly okay to be abby-normal and dance to the beat of a different drummer. Now that's magic.
well said and true. thanks
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #18
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default This thread illuminates for me.....

...precisely why it is the tradition to discuss such matters in the private areas of the temple, away from the profana..the area where the public meets...under the sign of silence...the statue of Harpocrates, guardian of the Mysteries. I thank you for the reminder to "Know, to dare, to will and to remain silent!"
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"

Last edited by Obesus : 07-13-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
alienlanes
no longer slackin'
 
alienlanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,000
alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus View Post
a cultural and spiritual context which makes perfect sense...the megalithic culture of Malta...circa 2,500 BC...a culture which embraced the old values of the fattened and somnolent oracle, connecting earth and stars in constant dream.
Wait, you're not the guy who wrote that Apocalypse Culture article, are you ?

'cause if so, *genuflects*
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #20
alienlanes
no longer slackin'
 
alienlanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,000
alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus View Post
...precisely why it is the tradition to discuss such matters in the private areas of the temple, away from the profana..the area where the public meets...under the sign of silence...the statue of Harpocrates, guardian of the Mysteries. I thank you for the reminder to "Know, to dare, to will and to remain silent!"
Ehh, in some sense everyone's a magician even if they don't know it. "Eat tons of donuts so you'll get bigger" seems like as good an example as any of "causing change in conformity with will" .
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts
 
Jack Skellington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,451
Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

All joking aside, threads like this always make me cringe a bit. Every so often posts pop up where someone has read too much fat fiction and gets into their head that want a fat spell.

A little help from a Witch.

Witchcraft and pagan faiths aren't like how they are portrayed those stupid fat fics.

Spells are like prayers or blessings. Often done at certain times of the year under different phases of the moon and so on. Some people brew herbs, some use candles and others just words. It's a very personal thing.

If your intentions are selfish or harmful, it's doomed to fail right from the start.

A "muggle," for lack of a better word, could read aloud from a Witch's book of shadows and not damn thing would happen.
__________________
Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat, call in the spirits wherever they’re at. Rap on a table, it’s time to respond, send us a message from somewhere beyond.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
philosobear
Thriving circuitously
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: behind the north wind
Posts: 255
philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
All joking aside, threads like this always make me cringe a bit. Every so often posts pop up where someone has read too much fat fiction and gets into their head that want a fat spell.

A little help from a Witch.

Witchcraft and pagan faiths aren't like how they are portrayed those stupid fat fics.

Spells are like prayers or blessings. Often done at certain times of the year under different phases of the moon and so on. Some people brew herbs, some use candles and others just words. It's a very personal thing.

If your intentions are selfish or harmful, it's doomed to fail right from the start.

A "muggle," for lack of a better word, could read aloud from a Witch's book of shadows and not damn thing would happen.
that's understandable. If you care about something, you will always cringe when people talk about it in an uninformed or non-serious way. I don't often discuss music for the same reason. This thread was always going to be a mixture of fantasy, sarcastic contributions and genuine ones. Don't sweat it, sincerity is welcome, and the rest does no harm...
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #23
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default The very same...

Yea, verily, the very same Timothy O'Neill aka Damian 1247 yada yada...the interesting thing is that there have only been a couple of times when those two articles ("Disciples of Flesh" and "Surgeons and Gluttons" in the later edition") seem to have hit a chord out in the collective mind...the NY Times quoted them when the BBC did that bit on the wife-fattening farms of Mauritania and the San Jose Mercury gave me a thumbs down for "classic screed!"...I know the articles I wrote for Apocalypse Culture were pirated for separate publication in Amsterdam...probably the doing of my one of my art friends over there...but other than just, just a couple of emails, mostly from Transexuals, who found something resonant in the article. I took their responses with the highest respect and I did feel that the articles had some kind of seed-planting effect somewhere...I think a better thing than genuflection would be offering me a symbolic (and electronic) bowl of millet and butter, sacred to Demeter and the nameless gods and goddesses of the Maltese culture...at least, you do convince me that the Obesonomicon needs to be...the time is here...there are those two articles, which sorely need updating, my article on the Tantra of the Belly from Occulture and a few more odds and ends, including some stories written specifically with the magical viewpoint on the gaining experience...not the usual kind...written from within the experience! could be nifty!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post
Wait, you're not the guy who wrote that Apocalypse Culture article, are you ?

'cause if so, *genuflects*
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Miss Kimberleigh!

It is always a pleasure when you post and I think your post captures the very ritual and sacred quality of the fattening experience...it is a Mystery when placed in the context of the Suchness and the Emptiness...as our friend Hotei demonstrates....many thanks for your refreshing Wisdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Harness the power that Nature provides, young man.
If it is your sincere desire to be larger than life, (and by that I mean fat) embrace the loveliness and fat-producing properties of food.

Eat lush, whole food, and consider every meal a banquet. Make them full of your own ritual and mystery.
Every meal an opportunity to embrace the magic.

A Break Fast
Preparation:
Set the table with a placemat, silverware. Find a nice view outside. Do not watch TV, music in the background is okay, but nothing jarring or too fast. You will need to concentrate.

Spell ingredients:
Whole milk or cream and plump, luscious blueberries on chewy granola full of nuts. Dense whole wheat bread toasted, spread with cashew butter and topped with raspberries. Maple Bacon, cooked to just crispy, glistening with fat. Your choice of coffee or tea, a juice, and more milk to drink.

Work the magic:
Sit at the table and admire the food for a moment. Begin to eat, slowly, with care to enjoy every mouthful, focusing on the food, nourishing and supporting you and your goal, to be large. Do not let worries of the day interfere with the enjoyment and possibilities of food.

End:
When the food has been consumed, take one last look out the window, and a deep breath. Thank your body for it's strength and power, and sincerely wish that the food you have consumed will do as you ask, and make you big. Dishes, glasses and silver should be ritually cleansed and stored appropriately for the next spellcasting.
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"

Last edited by Obesus : 07-13-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man
 
Obesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,022
Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Good point!

The only problem is the counter-programming from the culture in which we live! That level of conditioning exists at such a profoundly bathyspheric depth that we must needs something like a diving bell to get down there! The magickal option does work to slowly, ever so slowly cut down to the levels where the negativity resides and to slowly replace it with a healthy attitude of self-acceptance and a genuinely Tantric understanding and experience of fat! My old friend, Joseph Caezza, once wrote a brilliant article on fat holy men...if you notice, most of the Taoist, HIndu and Tantric masters were either rail thin or fatter than heck! This is a result of the Lifeforce and how different bodies react to its' enhancement and propagation. Some Masters with vast bellies use them like electric batteries, to store the refined Lifeforce and to circulate it in an alchemical manner...the belly and intestines are the real alchemical furnace...the Athanor! Hmmmmm..I run a nonprofit called the Athanor Institute...could it be?!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post
Ehh, in some sense everyone's a magician even if they don't know it. "Eat tons of donuts so you'll get bigger" seems like as good an example as any of "causing change in conformity with will" .
__________________
"Carpe Cakem!"
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.