Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Interesting Graphic Novel

"Fat Mitch" Twin Comics...October, 2006

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=89586

"Fat Mitch is a good looking guy who simply is a bigger man. It probably doesn’t help that the man owns a bakery, but that is beside the point. ‘Bigger’ girls are way into Fat Mitch but Mitch just longs for a skinny girl. One particular girl is Karen, the girl who works over at the flower shop. When the big man goes in armed with cookies and a date proposal the mean See-You-Next-Tuesday blows poor Mitch off in a heartbeat, knowing full well that she would never date a man as fat as Mitch.."

Hard to say without reading the whole thing, but it sounds vaguely depresssing but with some element of realism in there...

Last edited by Obesus; 07-13-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

Fat man + Skinny woman...

It could be a sitcom!!
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
The_Hero

The_Hero can now change their title
Default Other old comic: Fat Ninja.

From the mid 80's, I don't remember much about this book, except that I saw it on the newstand a couple times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fatninja01_sw.jpg (35.1 KB, 571 views)
The_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hero View Post
From the mid 80's, I don't remember much about this book, except that I saw it on the newstand a couple times.
Would love to find one of those!
fat hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
theRabidWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmink View Post
Fat man + Skinny woman...

It could be a sitcom!!
It could be EVERY sitcom.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #6
RVGleason

RVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Beverly Hills Ninja

Wasn't Fat Ninja turned into the movie 'Beverly Hills Ninja' starring Chris Farley?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ills_ninja.jpg

RV
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is where I wish I could jump into comic books....
Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
This is where I wish I could jump into comic books....
I've probably got enough kicking about to make something approximating a medium sized haystack, something could probably be arranged.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
Fish
Artist of stuff

Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fish has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, when I'm not drawing my big girl art, I also make comics. And as such, I tend ot over-analyze the stuff. It seems to me that most comics that have fat characters have them either as comic relief, or in the cases of the above examples, make fat the point of the book. Hell, it's in both titles as though that's what the story has to be about.

In superhero comics, fat characters are usually labled with gag names and powers directly related to the fact that they're fat. The X-Men villain who's power is that he cannot be moved once he's stood his ground is massively fat and called the blob. In the 90's there was a comic called HARBINGER with a young, teenage girl who could fly named Zepplin. She was fat, and so she calls herself Zepplin... A BLIMP!? She was written well overall, but the half-joke still had to be made. The powers had to be linked to her being fat, and it comes of as not dissimilar to Black characters in the 70's being called "Black-Something-or-other".

If you're doing a comedy, I can see the point of that. And "Fat Mitch" certainly seems to be a story where fat IS a key plot point because of it's slice-of-life description. Still, I wish fat characters could just be characters and were'nt ALWAYS defined by being fat. Sure, in any kind of realistic depiction, it's bound to come up, but it doesn't always have to be the beginning, middle and end, does it?

Sorry, I'm ranting. I guess this kind of is a pet peeve of mine. lol
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
Jooplef

Jooplef can now change their title

You guys might like the relaunch of Harbinger - I just read a preview for issue 4 and that character seems to be calling herself Zephyr now. What's interesting is that the company Valiant was teasing the reintroduction of the character and they played it pretty low-key. But she used to be just a bit pudgy and now she looks much bigger - and the very first storyline involves her getting a date while stereotypically hot chicks look on jealously.
Jooplef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
RVGleason

RVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this board

Going back to the original topic, found this page on the Fat Mitch graphic novel.

http://www.twincomics.com/mitch.html

RV
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote