Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

TheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Carolyn Owens

I was just curious, i've probibly herd already, but does anyone know how she is?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

No one knowssssss.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
HugeFan

HugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A damn shame too....Picking a favorite lady from our online community is damn near impossible, but for myself--any attempt would definitely include a discussion of Carolyn. One of the loveliest figures out there, and in my opinion arguably the most enchanting eyes I've ever seen.

At least we're still able to gaze upon some of her pics still. If anyone happens to have the clips from her appearance on German TV (they used to be online, but appear gone), I'd be in your debt.

The consensus seems to be it's a mystery. We can just hope that all is well. If anyone does happen to be in touch with her, pass along all of her fans' well wishes.
HugeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

TheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeFan View Post
A damn shame too....Picking a favorite lady from our online community is damn near impossible, but for myself--any attempt would definitely include a discussion of Carolyn. One of the loveliest figures out there, and in my opinion arguably the most enchanting eyes I've ever seen.

At least we're still able to gaze upon some of her pics still. If anyone happens to have the clips from her appearance on German TV (they used to be online, but appear gone), I'd be in your debt.

The consensus seems to be it's a mystery. We can just hope that all is well. If anyone does happen to be in touch with her, pass along all of her fans' well wishes.
agreed, does anyone have any images of her at her peak weight aside from the 1 on her peronsal site?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
ChubbyBlackSista
Master Member

ChubbyBlackSista can now change their title

Who is Carolyn Owens never heard of her or seen any postings from her
ChubbyBlackSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #6
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBlackSista View Post
Who is Carolyn Owens never heard of her or seen any postings from her

She is a beautiful woman that I met at a convention several years ago. She had lovely blue eyes and a plesant voice. She did complain to me that it seems like the midsize women got all the attention and the larger women were ignored.

I told some of my female friends of this comment and most of them were incredulous at this view of the world. I have not seen or talked to her in years but i have a nice memory of a very lovely gentle person.

Russell
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
Athena9950
On Timeout

Athena9950 can now change their title

she was nearly (if not totally) immobile, wasn't she?
i felt sorry for the girl...
Athena9950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

I actually remember her on some talk show in which the topic was feederism. Anyone know where to find clips of that?
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #9
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Possibly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena9950 View Post
she was nearly (if not totally) immobile, wasn't she?
i felt sorry for the girl...
You perhaps have Carolyn mixed up with Teighlor or Gina... Carolyn seemed to be walking quite well on Maury(or was it Montel?) shortly before she went off the grid, Carolyn was active on a very early form of the Internet in '88 which is one thing that makes her so important to where we are today...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:12 AM   #10
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag View Post
You perhaps have Carolyn mixed up with Teighlor or Gina... Carolyn seemed to be walking quite well on Maury(or was it Montel?) shortly before she went off the grid, Carolyn was active on a very early form of the Internet in '88 which is one thing that makes her so important to where we are today...
Ned is a bbw/ssbbw Historian. I might as well put Theologian too.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
youngnintogaining

youngnintogaining has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I do believe Carolyn was on the short lived Dr. Laura show about her gaining. If I remember right she was on with her sister and was around 700 lbs when the show was taped. This would have been around 1999-2000 ish.
youngnintogaining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #12
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Carolyn was a beautiful, very large and very smart lady who liked herself and knew what things were all about. Well before the web hit its stride, Carolyn ran a BBS, one of those early text-based bulletin board systems where you dialed in. She had a fairly active community and lots of stories postings, many of which are still someone in the archives of my oldest hard disks. I remember her system being threatened at some point because her 5-1/4-inch floppy was on the fritz and so I bought her a new one. I had the pleasure of talking with Carolyn at a size acceptance convention in the early 1990s where she was as pleasant (and mobile) as Russell described. Carolyn made the transition to the web, but somehow her site never had the leading position she had in the older BBS days. Eventually things got a lot quieter, and I haven't heard from or about her in years.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #13
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

I last spoke to Carolyn in 1993, when a mutual friend passed away. And other than being sad at the loss of our friend, she was doing well at the time. But I haven't spoken to her since, and honestly do not know of anyone else that knows her well enough to have kept in touch.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #14
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

it's a shame, i came across two of her sites a few months back one being a gallery page and another may have been the remnents of the BBS site that was mentioned earlier. I was curious because I was shocked by some of her pictures and was hoping she was an active member here. I would really liek a chance to speak with her. See my GF and I are working on a magazine in the ear future (well next 4 years) that is basicly an anti Teen Bop or Teen People. It promote have a good self image over almost killing oyurslf to be like Paris Hilton. I was hoping Carlolyn could give us some input.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One suggestion, just off the top of my head: hire a good editor.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #16
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
One suggestion, just off the top of my head: hire a good editor.
Ever read Teen Beat? We ain't talkin' Shakespeare. We're not even talking Brown. We're talking... Cletus.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #17
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

True. And yet still...

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
True. And yet still...
My life is equal parts weeping for the future and drowning my pain with absinthe.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #19
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
My life is equal parts weeping for the future and drowning my pain with absinthe.
And absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.....

Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #20
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things

Wasn't it Carolyn that was on German TV a long time ago? I don't think it was Teighlor or Gina.

Quote:
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #21
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Dr. Laura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnintogaining View Post
I do believe Carolyn was on the short lived Dr. Laura show about her gaining. If I remember right she was on with her sister and was around 700 lbs when the show was taped. This would have been around 1999-2000 ish.
I do remember the sister and the boast of having eaten a dozen donuts while waiting in the Green Room.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #22
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Default Goddess Hunger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Perhaps TheAlogian if the deity is a SSBBW.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #23
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Perhaps TheAlogian if the deity is a SSBBW.
Actually, the Greek word 'theos' can refer to either a god or a goddess, depending on whether you use the masculine or the feminine form of the definite article with it. And yes, I'm a pedant in any language.*

*It just means I'm picky. It doesn't imply anything improper about children.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #24
Tina
Older and wiser now

Dr. Feelgood, I wanted to rep you for my first Dims laugh of the day, but I just repped you yesterday, so no go. Wanted to let you know anyway, that you crack me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie O'Plasty View Post
Wasn't it Carolyn that was on German TV a long time ago? I don't think it was Teighlor or Gina.
Yes, it was she. Beautiful woman.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #25
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
I do remember the sister and the boast of having eaten a dozen donuts while waiting in the Green Room.
My favorite part was when she met an online admirer for the first time in person and rather than bring a bouquet of flowers, he brings a grocery bag filled with food. She ate during the whole show.
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote